|
|
YvesRossy_2011G-_空中飞人_
|
(Music) |
音乐 |
Text: Jetman - Yves Rossy |
字幕: 飞人- 伊夫斯 罗西 |
Grand Canyon |
大峡谷 |
Canyon:n.(周围有悬崖峭壁的)峡谷;(
|
(Video) Narrator : Many of the tests are conducted while Yves is strapped onto the wing, because Yves' body is an integral part of the aircraft . |
(图像)解说:在伊夫斯带上飞行翼的时候, 要做很多检测, 因为伊夫斯的身体是飞行器的一个部分。 |
Narrator:n.讲述者;(电视节目中的)幕后解说员;旁白员; conducted:v.组织;安排;实施;执行;指挥;带领;引导;(conduct的过去分词和过去式) strapped:adj.缺钱的; v.用带子系; (strap的过去分词和过去式) integral:adj.积分的;完整的,整体的;必须的;n.积分;部分;完整; aircraft:n.飞机,航空器;
|
Text: Wind tunnel tests |
字幕:风洞检测 |
Wind tunnel:n.(试验飞机等用的)风洞;
|
Narrator: The wing has no steering controls, no flaps , no rudder . |
解说:翅膀没有方向控制器, 没有折翼,没有方向舵。 |
steering:n.(车辆等的)转向装置;v.驾驶;掌控方向盘;行驶;控制(steer的现在分词) flaps:n.马唇肿胀; rudder:n.船舵;飞机方向舵;
|
Yves uses his body to steer the wing. |
伊夫斯用身体操控翅膀。 |
Stefan von Bergen: Well he turns by just putting his head on one or the other side. |
斯蒂芬 凡 卑尔根: 噢, 他就是靠 把头转向一边或另一边来转向。 |
And sometimes he assists that with his hands, sometimes even with the leg. |
有时他用手帮忙转向 有时甚至靠腿帮忙。 |
He's acting as a human fuselage , so to say. |
可以说他就是一个人体飞机。 |
fuselage:n.[航]机身(飞机);
|
And that's quite unique . |
这就是特别之处。 |
unique:adj.独特的,稀罕的;[数]唯一的;n.独一无二的人或物;
|
Narrator: When he arches his back, he gains altitude . |
解说:他弓背的时候, 就往上升。 |
arches:n.拱桥(arch的复数形式); v.用拱连接; altitude:n.海拔;海拔高度;高程;(海拔高的)高处;
|
When he pushes his shoulders forward, he goes into a dive . |
而当他向前伸展肩膀 就往下滑。 |
dive:n.潜水;跳水;俯冲;猛冲;v.猛冲;(头朝下)跳入水中;[体]跳水(运动);
|
Text: Swiss Alps |
字幕:阿尔卑斯山 |
Strait of Gibraltar crossing |
穿越直布罗陀海峡。 |
Strait:adj.狭窄的;苦恼的;n.海峡;困境; Gibraltar:n.直布罗陀(海峡);冰砂糖;
|
English Channel crossing |
穿越英吉利海峡 |
Commentator : There he goes. |
评论:他来了 |
Commentator:n.评论员,解说员;实况播音员;时事评论者;
|
There is Yves Rossy. |
伊夫斯 罗西来了! |
And I think the wing is open, the wing is open. |
我想翅膀开了,翅膀开了 |
So our first critical moment, it's open. |
这是第一个关键时刻,它开了。 |
critical:adj.鉴定的;[核]临界的;批评的,爱挑剔的;危险的;决定性的;评论的;
|
He is down. Is he flying? |
他下降了,他在飞吗? |
Commentator Two: It looks like he's stabilized . |
第二位评论: 看来他在保持速度 |
stabilized:adj.稳定的;减摇的;v.稳定(stabilize的过去分词);
|
He's starting to make his climb. |
他又开始上升。 |
Commentator: There's that 90 degree turn you're talking about, taking him out. |
评论:他转身90度,就是你讲的那个。 |
He's out over the channel. |
他已经到峡谷了。 |
There is Yves Rossy. |
罗西来了。 |
There is no turning back now. |
现在已不能回头。 |
He is over the English Channel and underway . |
他穿过英吉利海峡和海底通道 |
underway:adj.进行中的;起步的;航行中的;n.[公路]水底通道;
|
Ladies and gentlemen, an historic flight has begun. |
女士们,先生们, 历史性的飞行时刻开始了 |
historic:adj.有历史意义的;历史上著名的;
|
Commentator Two: And what he's going to do as he approaches the ground is pull down on those toggles to flare , slow himself down just a little bit, and then come in for a nice landing. |
第二位评论员:他在往地面降落时 会把那些栓扣拉下滑行。 放慢速度 然后漂亮的降落。 |
approaches:v.靠近,接近; n.方式,方法,态度; pull down:下拉;断开; toggles:vt.拴牢,系紧;n.开关,触发器;拴扣;[船]套索钉; flare:vt.使闪耀; vi.闪耀,闪光; n.闪光,闪耀; come in for:受到;接受;得到;
|
Commentator: There he is. |
评论:是他 |
Yves Rossy has landed in England. |
罗西在英格兰降落了。 |
Bruno Giussani: And now he's in Edinburgh . Yves Rossy. |
布鲁诺 吉桑尼: 他现在在爱丁堡。 伊夫斯 罗西。 |
Edinburgh:n.爱丁堡(英国城市名);
|
(Applause) |
(掌声) |
And his equipment as well. |
他把器材也拿来了。 |
Yves, welcome. It is quite amazing. |
伊夫斯,欢迎。真棒。 |
Those sequences were shot over the last three years in various moments of your activities. |
那些画面是三年前 在你各种飞行活动中拍摄的 |
sequences:n.[数][计]序列,顺序;继起的事(sequence的复数形式);
|
And there were many, many others. |
还有许多许多其它的时刻。 |
So it's possible to fly almost like a bird. |
所以像鸟那样飞行还是可能的。 |
What is it [like] to be up there? |
在空中是什么感觉呢? |
Yves Rossy: It's fun. It's fun. |
罗西: 很好玩。很好玩。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
I don't have feathers. |
我没有羽毛 |
But I feel like a bird sometimes. |
但我有时觉得自己像一只鸟。 |
It's really an unreal feeling, because normally you have a big thing, a plane, around you. |
是一种不真实的感觉 因为一般会有大的 飞机在身边 |
unreal:adj.不真实的;假的;幻想的;虚构的; normally:adv.正常地;通常地,一般地;
|
And when I strap just these little harnesses , this little wing, |
当我带上这些小的降落伞被带, 这个翅膀 |
harnesses:n.吊带; v.给…上挽具;
|
I really have the feeling of being a bird. |
我真的觉得像一只鸟 |
BG: How did you start to become Jetman? |
BG: 你怎么会开始当飞人的? |
YR: It was about 20 years ago when I discovered free falling. |
YR: 那是20年前 我发现了自由降落 |
When you go out of an airplane you are almost naked . |
当我从飞机出去 几乎裸体 |
airplane:n.飞机; naked:adj.裸体的;无装饰的;无证据的;直率的;
|
You take a position like that. |
就是那种动作 |
And especially when you take a tracking position, you have the feeling that you are flying. |
特别是采取跟随姿势时 就有一种 飞翔的感觉 |
especially:adv.尤其;特别;格外;十分; tracking:n.追踪,跟踪;v.跟踪;(track的现在分词)
|
And that's the nearest thing to the dream. |
这就是最接近梦想的事了 |
You have no machine around you. |
周围没有机器 |
You are just in the element . |
只有我自己 |
element:n.元素;要素;原理;成分;自然环境;
|
It's very short and only in one direction. |
航程很短,而且单项 |
So the idea was, okay, keep that feeling of freedom, but change the vector and increase the time. |
所以主要思想 就是,好的,保持那种自由的感觉 但要改变航道,增加飞翔时间 |
vector:n.矢量;带菌者;航线;vt.用无线电导航;
|
BG: So I'm kind of curious , what's your top speed? |
BG: 所以我有些好奇,你的最高速度是什么? |
curious:adj.好奇的,有求知欲的;古怪的;爱挑剔的;
|
YR: It's about 300 km per hour before looping . |
YR: 转弯前大概每小时300 公里 |
looping:v.使成环;使绕成圈;成环形运动;(loop的现在分词)
|
That means about 190 miles per hour. |
就是每小时190公里 |
BG: And what's the weight of the equipment you're carrying? |
BG:那么你带的器械有多重呢? |
YR: When I exit full of kerosene , |
如果满载柴油 |
kerosene:n.煤油,火油;
|
I'm about 55 kilos. |
我大概是55 公斤。 |
I have 55 kilos on my back. |
我是说有55公斤在我的背上 |
BG: And you're not piloting? |
BG: 那你不飞的时候呢? |
There is no handle , no steering nothing? |
没有拉手,没有方向盘,什么都没有吗? |
handle:n.[建]把手;柄;手感;口实;v.处理;操作;运用;买卖;触摸;
|
It is purely your body, and the wings become part of the body and vice versa ? |
就靠你的身体, 翅膀变成你身体的部分,或者相反? |
purely:adv.完全;仅仅; vice versa:反之亦然;
|
YR: That's really the goal, because if you put [in] steering, then you reinvent the airplane. |
YR:这真的是我的目标 因为如果我装上方向盘 就等于重新发明飞机了, |
reinvent:v.以新形象示人;以新形式出现;
|
And I wanted to keep this freedom of movement. |
我想要的是保持这种自由的飞翔动作 |
And it's really like the kid playing the airplane. |
这很像孩子玩飞机 |
I want to go down like that. |
我就想像那样下降 |
And up I climb, I turn. |
然后上升,转弯。 |
It's really pure flying. |
纯粹的飞行。 |
It's not steering, it's flight. |
不是航行,是飞行。 |
BG: What kind of training do you do, you personally , for that? |
BG: 你为此做了什么 个人训练吗? |
personally:adv.个人;亲自;本人;就本人而言;
|
YR: Actually, I try to stay just fit. |
YR: 实际上,我努力保持健康 |
I don't do special physical training . |
我不做特别的体能训练 |
physical training:n.体格训练;
|
Just, I try to keep my mobility through new activities. |
我只是通过新的活动 保持灵活 |
mobility:n.移动性;机动性;[电子]迁移率;
|
For example, last winter I began with kite surfing -- so new things. |
比如 去年冬天,我开始风筝冲浪-- 做新的事情 |
surfing:v.冲浪;进行冲浪运动;(互联网上)浏览;(surf的现在分词)
|
So you have to adapt . |
所以你必须适应 |
adapt:vt.使适应;改编;vi.适应;
|
Because this is -- I'm quite an experienced manager of systems as a pilot, but this is really -- you need fluidity , you need to be agile and also to adapt really fast. |
所以就是--我是飞行员 对于系统管理很有经验 但是真是情况是 我需要流畅性 需要灵活 同时也要能适应快速 |
fluidity:n.[流]流动性;流质;易变性; agile:adj.敏捷的;机敏的;活泼的;
|
BG: Somebody in the audience asked me, "How does he breathe up there?" |
BG: 有观众问 他在空中是怎么呼吸的? |
because you're going fast and you're up 3,000 meters or so. |
因为你的速度很快,而且你飞到高空3000米左右处 |
YR: Okay, up to 3,000 meters, it's not such a big problem with oxygen. |
YR: 是的,到3000米 氧气不是大问题 |
But for example, bikers , they have the same speed. |
但是,举例说,自行车手 也有同样的速度 |
bikers:n.骑摩托车的人;骑自行车的人;(biker的复数)
|
Just with the helmet, integral helmet, it's really no problem to breathe. |
只要带上面罩 呼吸不成问题 |
BG: Describe for me the equipment since you have it here. |
给我谈谈你带来的这些器械。 |
Describe:v.描述;形容;把…称为;画出…图形;
|
So Breitling's four engines. |
百年灵的四个引擎。 |
YR: Yeah, two-meter span . |
YR: 是的,两米长。 |
span:n.持续时间; v.持续;
|
Ultrastable profile . |
超稳定系统。 |
profile:n.轮廓;简介;形象;外形;v.扼要介绍;概述;写简介;
|
Four little engines, 22 kilos thrust each, turbines working with kerosene. |
四个小的引擎 每个22公里的推力, 柴油涡轮机 |
thrust:v.刺;塞;冲;挤;n.刺;插;重点;猛推; turbines:n.[动力]涡轮;[动力]涡轮机(turbine的复数);[动力]汽轮机;
|
Harness, parachute . |
降落伞背带,降落伞 |
parachute:n.降落伞;vi.跳伞;空投;
|
My only instruments are [an] altimeter and time. |
我唯一的仪器是测高仪和计时器。 |
instruments:n.器械;仪器;器具;手段(instrument的复数) altimeter:n.测高仪,高度计;
|
I know I have about eight minutes fuel. |
我知道我有大约8分钟的油可用 |
So just check before it's finished. |
所以在用完前要检查一下。 |
(Laughter) |
笑 |
And yeah, that's all. |
嗯,就这些了。 |
Two parachutes . |
两幅降落伞 |
parachutes:n.[航]降落伞(parachute的复数形式); v.跳伞(parachute的第三人称单数);
|
That means, if I have a problem with the first one I pull, |
就是说,如果我拉的第一副 降落伞出了问题 |
I still have the possibility to open the second one. |
我还可以 打开第二个 |
And this is my life. |
所以这是救命用的 |
That's the real important thing about safety. |
这对于安全真的很重要 |
I did use that during these last 15 years about 20 times -- never with that type of wing, but at the beginning . |
我在过去的15年中 使用过 大约20次-- 但是在开始飞的时候。有了这种翅膀后从没用过。 |
at the beginning:首先;从一开始;起初;从头开始;
|
I can release my wing when I am in a spin or unstable . |
我在旋转时,不稳定时 就可以打开翅膀。 |
release:v.释放;发射;让与;允许发表;n.释放;发布;让与; spin:v.旋转;纺纱;吐丝;纺线;n.头晕;(快速)旋转;常用于英式英语;晕头转向; unstable:adj.不稳定的;变化莫测的;(行为、情绪)反复无常的
|
BG: We saw the 2009 crossing of the Gibraltar Strait where you lost control and then you dived down into the clouds and in the ocean. |
BG: 我们看到在2009年你穿越直布罗陀海峡时 失去了控制 然后你俯冲到云里 又冲到海里 |
dived:v.(使)潜水;俯冲;(使)跳水;急剧下降;钻研(dive的过去式和过去分词);
|
So that was one of those cases where you let the wings go, right? |
你就是在那种情况下你会放开翅膀的,是吗? |
YR: Yeah. I did try in [the] clouds, but you lose [orientation completely]. |
YR: 是的。 我在云层里尝试 但是完全失去了方向。 |
So I did try to take, again, a climb altitude. |
所以我又尝试 在往上飞。 |
I thought, okay, I will go out. |
我想,没问题,我会出去的。 |
But most probably I did something like that. |
但是,确实有可能,我那样做了。 |
BG: Something that is not very safe in image. |
BG: 那样看起来可不安全啊。 |
YR: But you feel great, but you have not the right altitude. |
YR:但你感觉很棒 只是高度不对。 |
So the next thing I saw was just blue. |
所以后来我看到的就是蓝色 |
It was the sea. |
是大海 |
I have also an audible altimeter. |
我还有一只发声测高器 |
audible:adj.听得见的;听得见地;
|
So I was at my minimum altitude in that vector -- fast -- so I pulled that. |
所以我在那个航线的 最低高度,速度很快 拉降落伞 |
minimum:n.最低限度;最小值;最少量;极小量;adj.最低的;最小的;最低限度的;
|
And then I did open my chute. |
然后就拉开了 |
BG: So the wings have their own parachute, and you have your two parachutes. |
所以每个翅膀上都有一个降落伞,总共有两个。 |
YR: Exactly. There is a rescue parachute for the wing for two reasons: so I can repair it afterward and especially so nobody takes that, just on his head. |
YR: 确实。翅膀上有一个救援降落伞 主要有两个原因 一来可以在事后修理 另外主要是没有人会拿,就在头顶上。 |
rescue:n.救援;抢救;营救;获救;v.抢救;营救;援救; repair:v.修理;修补;修缮;补救;n.修理;修补;修缮; afterward:adv.以后,后来;
|
BG: I see. Maybe come back here. |
BG: 明白。也许回到这里来 |
This is risky stuff indeed. |
这确实是很危险的。 |
stuff:n.东西:物品:基本特征:v.填满:装满:标本:
|
People have died trying to do this kind of thing. |
有人尝试做这样的事结果送命了。 |
And you don't look like a crazy guy; you're a Swiss airline pilot, so you're rather a checklist kind of guy. |
你看起来不像疯狂的家伙,你是瑞士飞行员。 所以你是很仔细的人 |
airline:n.航空公司; checklist:n.清单;检查表;备忘录;目录册;
|
I assume you have standards . |
我估计你有你的标准。 |
assume:v.承担;假定;采取;呈现; standards:n.标准,水平,规格(standard的复数)
|
YR: Yeah. I have no checklist for that. |
是的。但我没有什么检查清单。 |
BG: Let's not tell you employer . |
BG: 不要告诉你的老板哦! |
employer:n.雇主,老板;
|
YR: No, that's really two worlds. |
YR:不,这是两个世界。 |
Civil aviation is something that we know very well. |
我们很了解民航 |
Civil:adj.公民的;民间的;文职的;有礼貌的;根据民法的; aviation:n.航空;飞行术;飞机制造业;
|
We have a hundred years of experience. |
已有两百年的经验 |
And you can adapt really precisely. |
因此我们可以恪守 |
With that, |
规定 |
I have to adapt to something new. |
但是现在是全新的东西,需要去适应 |
That means improvise . |
这意味着改进 |
improvise:v.即兴创作;临时拼凑;临时做;
|
So it's really a play between these two approaches. |
所以这实在是这两套系统 |
Something that I know very well -- these principles , for example, we have two engines on an Airbus; with only one engine, you can fly it. |
有一些我很熟悉 比如这些原则 一架空中客车有两个引擎 但是我们只需要有一个就可以飞行了。 |
principles:n.原则;主义;本质;政策;(principle的复数)
|
So plan B, always a plan B. |
所以要有第二套计划,总是要准备第二套计划。 |
In a fighter, you have an ejection seat. |
在飞机上,有一个弹射座椅 |
ejection:n.喷出;排出物;
|
That's my ejection seat. |
这是我的弹射座椅。 |
So I have the approach of a professional pilot with the respect of a pioneer in front of Mother Nature . |
所以我有职业飞行员 在自然母亲面前 表示尊敬的做法 |
professional:adj.专业的;职业的;职业性的;n.专业人员;职业运动员; Mother Nature:n.大自然;自然界;
|
BG: It's well said. It's well said. |
BG: 说的好,说的好。 |
What happens if one of the engines stops? |
如果其中的一个引擎坏了怎么办 |
YR: I do a roll. |
YR: 我换另一个用。 |
And then I stabilize, and according to my altitude, |
然后我根据我的高度 稳定速度 |
according to:根据,据说;
|
I continue on two or three engines. |
再用两到三个引擎。 |
It's sometimes possible -- it's quite complicated to explain -- but according to which regime I was, |
这是可能的-- 要解释起来比较复杂 但是我采取的方法是 |
complicated:adj.复杂的;难懂的;v.使复杂化;(complicate的过去分词和过去式) regime:n.政权,政体;社会制度;管理体制;
|
I can continue on two and try to get a nice place to land, and then I open my parachute. |
继续用第二个引擎 找到安全的地方准备降落,然后打开降落伞。 |
BG: So the beginning of the flight is actually you jump off a plane or a helicopter, and you go on a dive and accelerate the engines, and then you basically take off mid-air somewhere. |
BG: 在飞行开始之时 你实际上会从飞机或直升机上跳下 继续俯冲,加速引擎 然后在空中起飞 |
accelerate:v.加快;加速;n.接受速成教育的学生; basically:adv.主要地,基本上; mid-air:n.空中;
|
And then the landing, as we have seen, arriving on this side of the channel, is through a parachute. |
再降落,正如我们所见到的 通过降落伞 在海峡这边抵达 |
So just as a curiosity , where did you land when you flew over the Grand Canyon? |
有些好奇 你在飞跃大峡谷时在哪里降落呢? |
curiosity:n.好奇,好奇心;珍品,古董,古玩;
|
Did you land on the rim , down at the bottom? |
是在边缘还是在底谷? |
rim:n.边,边缘;轮辋;圆圈;vi.作…的边,装边于;vt.作…的边,装边于;
|
YR: It was down on the bottom. |
YR: 是在底谷 |
And I came back afterward on the sled of the helicopter back. |
之后我乘坐在直升机后部的滑板上 回来 |
But it was too stoney and full of cactus on top. |
在上面岩石坚硬,而且长满仙人掌。 |
stoney:adj.石质的;坚硬如石的;n.模造大理石; cactus:n.[园艺]仙人掌;
|
BG: That's exactly why I asked the question. |
BG: 所以我才要问这个问题。 |
YR: And also the currents are quite funny there. |
而且那里的气流也很奇怪 |
There is big thermal activity, big difference in altitude also. |
有大的热流活动 海拔高度也有大的不同。 |
thermal:adj.热的;热量的;保热的;n.上升的热气流;
|
So it was much safer for me to land at the bottom. |
所以降落在低谷安全的多。 |
BG: So I think that right now, many people in the audience are asking, "Okay, when are you developing a double-seater so they can fly with you?" |
BG: 现在,我想,很多在坐的观众 一定想问:“ 好啊,什么时候你能设计双座 他们可以和你一起飞?” |
YR: I have a standard answer. |
YR: 我有标准答案 |
Have you ever seen tandem birds? |
你有见过纵排飞行的鸟呢? |
tandem:n.串联;串座双人自行车;adj.串联的;adv.一前一后地;纵排地;
|
BG: Perfect answer. |
BG: 太棒的答案! |
(Applause) |
(掌声) |
Yves, one last question. |
Yves,最后一个问题 |
What's next for you? What's next for Jetman? |
下一步的计划是什么?飞人的下一步计划是什么? |
YR: First, to instruct a younger guy. |
YR:首先,带一个学徒 |
I want to share it, to do formation flights. |
我想分享我的飞行经验, 进行常规飞行 |
formation:n.形成;编队;组成;队形;
|
And I plan to start from a cliff , like catapulted from a cliff. |
然后我计划从悬崖开始 从悬崖上如弹射器般发射 |
cliff:n.悬崖;绝壁; catapulted:n.弹弓; vt.用弹弓射; vi.用弹射器弹射;
|
BG: So instead of jumping off a plane, yes? |
BG:就是不从飞机上跳下了,是吗? |
YR: Yes, with the final goal to take off, but with initial speed. |
YR: 是的,最终的目标是要起飞 但是初始速度是那样的。 |
initial:adj.最初的; n.(名字的)首字母; v.用姓名的首字母作标记(或签名)于;
|
Really, I go step by step . |
是的,我是按部就班的做 |
step by step:adj.按部就班的;
|
It seems a little bit crazy, but it's not. |
看起来有点疯狂 实际上并不是的。 |
It's possible to start already now, it's just too dangerous. |
其实现在就可以开始了,就是还觉得太危险 |
(Laughter) |
(笑) |
Thanks to the increasing technology , better technology , it will be safe. |
由于不断完善的技术 会安全的。 |
technology:n.技术;工艺;术语;
|
And I hope it will be for everybody. |
我希望今后每个人都可以飞。 |
BG: Yves, thank you very much. Yves Rossy. |
BG: Yves,非常谢谢, Yves Rossy. |
(Applause) |
(鼓掌) |