|
|
Young.Sheldon-小谢尔顿
|
I've always loved trains. |
我从小喜欢火车 |
In fact, if my career in theoretical physics hadn't worked out, my backup plan was to become a professional ticket taker . |
事实上 如果我理论物理学的工作当初没成 我的后备计划 是打算当一个职业检票员 |
career:n.职业;事业;生涯;经历; theoretical:adj.理论的;理论上的;假设的;推理的; backup:n.后援;增援;(文件等的)备份;adj.后补的;支持性的;伴奏的; professional:adj.专业的;职业的;职业性的;n.专业人员;职业运动员; taker:n.接受者;接受打赌的人;捕获者;
|
Or hobo . |
或者是流浪汉 |
hobo:n.无业游民;流动工人;
|
And when I figured out that trains allowed me to prove Newton's first law- an object in motion stays in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force- |
当我发现火车能让我 证明牛顿第一定律... 任何运动中的物体 其速度的大小与方向都不会改变 除非有合外力施加于这物体 |
motion:n.动作;移动;手势;请求;意向;议案;v.运动;打手势; unbalanced:adj.心理不平衡; v.使不平衡; (unbalance的过去分词和过去式)
|
I felt like Neil Armstrong on the moon, alone and happy. |
我感到了尼尔.阿姆斯特朗登月时 那种孤独又快乐的感觉 |
Armstrong:n.阿姆斯特朗(美国宇航员,登月第一人);
|
Shelly , dinner's ready! |
谢利 晚饭做好了 |
Shelly:adj.多壳的;有壳的,壳一般的;
|
I don't care how dimwitted you are. |
我不管你有多笨 |
dimwitted:adj.愚蠢的;笨的;
|
Scientific principles have to make you smile. |
但科学原理肯定能让你笑开怀 |
Scientific:adj.科学的,系统的; principles:n.原则;主义;本质;政策;(principle的复数)
|
Of course, nobody I knew in East Texas in 1989 cared about Newtonian physics. |
当然 我1989年在德州东部 所认识的人中 没人在乎牛顿物理学 |
The only Newtons they cared about were Wayne and Fig . |
他们唯一在意的 牛顿 是艺人维恩.牛顿与牛顿饼干 |
Newtons:n.牛顿(英国科学家);牛顿(力的单位); Fig:n.无花果
|
Sheldon, if you don't get in here, |
谢尔顿 你再不来 |
I'm gonna lick your toothbrush ! - Coming! |
我就去舔你的牙刷 -马上来 |
lick:v.舔;舔吃;舔着喝;掠过;轻松战胜;n.舔;一点儿(涂料); toothbrush:n.牙刷;
|
That's my sister. |
那是我姐姐 |
And she's done it before. |
她已经不是第一回干这事了 |
What the hell were you doing out there? |
你窝在房里搞啥狗屁玩意呢 |
George, language. |
乔治 说话文明点 |
What language? So? |
我哪里不文明了 所以呢 |
I was exploring dimensional kinematics . |
我在研究维运动学 |
exploring:v.探索:考察:探查;(explore的现在分词) dimensional:adj.空间的;尺寸的; kinematics:n.运动学;动力学;
|
Admit it-- he's adopted . |
承认吧 他是领养的 |
adopted:adj.被收养的;被采用的;v.采用;接受;(adopt的过去式和过去分词);
|
How can I be adopted when I have a twin sister? |
我有个双胞胎姐姐 怎么可能是被领养的 |
Think, monkey, think. |
用脑啊 猴哥 用脑 |
That's enough. |
够了 |
No one's adopted. |
没人是被领养的 |
I wish I was. |
真希望我是 |
That can still be arranged . |
现在让别人领养你也还来得及 |
arranged:adj.安排的;v.安排;计划;准备(arrange的过去式和过去分词);
|
Now, let's pray. |
来祷告吧 |
A moment, please. |
稍等一下 |
Leave him be. - He can hold hands with his family. |
随他去 -他为什么不能跟家人握手 |
It won't kill him. |
握一下又不会死 |
We don't know that. |
这可难说 |
Georgie, did you wash your hands before dinner? |
乔治 你吃晚饭前洗手了吗 |
Or even this week? |
或者说 你这周有洗手过吗 |
None of your business . |
关你屁事啊 |
None of your business:不关你的事;没你的事;
|
Hence the mittens . |
所以我戴手套 |
Hence:adv.因此;今后; mittens:n.连指手套;(mitten的复数)
|
Thank you, God, for this food we're about to receive and for the nourishment of our bodies, and bless the hands that prepared it. |
感谢主 赐予我们桌上的食物 为我们的身体提供营养 也保佑准备这餐点的人 |
nourishment:n.食物;营养品;滋养品;
|
Amen. |
阿门 |
How come we ain't got no tater tots ? |
为啥没有炸薯球 |
tater:n.马铃薯(等于potato); tots:n.小孩;小玻璃杯(tot的复数);v.把…加起来;合计(tot的单三形式);
|
I made tater tots last night. |
我昨晚做过炸薯球了 |
I'd take tater tots over mashed potaters any day. |
我永远都会选炸薯球而不选薯泥 |
mashed:v.捣烂,捣碎(食物);(mash的过去分词和过去式)
|
Just eat what I made you. |
我做啥你就吃啥 |
Can we at least have tater tots tomorrow? |
我们明天能吃炸薯球吗 |
It was family dinners like this that led me to adopt a mid-Atlantic accent . |
因为这样的家庭晚餐 让我学会了大西洋中部口音 |
mid-Atlantic:adj.大西洋中部的;(言语或行为等)兼备英美特征的; accent:n.口音;重音;强调;特点;重音符号;v.强调;重读;带…口音讲话;
|