返回首页

YoavMedan_2011P-_超声波手术-无创愈合_

Over the last 13 years -- one, three, 13 years -- 在过去的13年间- 1,3,13年里-
I've been part of an exceptional team at InSightec in Israel and partners around the world for taking this idea, this concept, noninvasive surgery , from the research lab to routine clinical use. 我作为以色列Insightech里一个特别小组里的一员 协同世界各地的合作者 将一个新的创意,一个理念 非侵入性手术的研究 从实验室带进日常临床应用
exceptional:adj.异常的,例外的;n.超常的学生; Israel:n.以色列(亚洲国家);犹太人,以色列人; noninvasive:adj.非侵袭的;非侵害的; surgery:n.外科;外科手术;手术室;诊疗室; clinical:adj.临床的;诊所的;
And this is what I'll tell you about. 这将是我要讲述的话题
13 years -- for some of you, you can empathize with that number. 13年- 有些人会因这个数字联想什么
empathize:vt.移情;神会;
For me, today, on this date, it's like a second bar mitzvah experience. 对我来说 就像第二次成年礼一样
bar mitzvah:n.受诫礼(为年满13岁的犹太男孩举行的成人仪式);v.[犹]使受戒;
(Laughter) (笑声)
So this dream is really enabled by the convergence of two known technologies . 这个梦想的 实现建立在 两项现存技术的 结合
enabled:v.使得;授予…权力;(enabled是enable的过去式) convergence:n.[数]收敛;会聚,集合; technologies:n.技术;科技(technology的复数);
One is the focused ultrasound , and the other one is the vision-enabled magnetic resonance imaging . 一个是聚焦超声 另一个是 可视化磁共振成像技术
ultrasound:n.超声;超音波; magnetic:adj.像磁铁的;有磁性的;磁的;富有吸引力的; resonance:n.[力]共振;共鸣;反响; imaging:n.[物]成像;造像;v.反映;想像;作…的像;象征;(image的现在分词形式)
So let's first talk about focused ultrasound. 首先来谈谈聚焦超声
And I hold in my hand a tissue-mimicking phantom . 我手里是 一个组织模型
phantom:n.幽灵;幻影;虚位;adj.幽灵的;幻觉的;有名无实的;
It is made out of silicon . 用硅材料做成
silicon:n.[化学]硅;硅元素;
It is transparent , made just for you. 为了方便你们看,做成了透明的
transparent:adj.透明的;显然的;坦率的;易懂的;
So you see, it's all intact , completely transparent. 它是完整的 完全透明
intact:adj.完整的;原封不动的;未受损伤的;
I'll take you now to the acoustic lab. 现在来到声学实验室
acoustic:adj.声学的;音响的;听觉的;n.原声乐器;不用电传音的乐器;
You see the phantom within the aquarium . 可以看到玻璃钢里的透视图
aquarium:n.水族馆;养鱼池;玻璃缸;
This is a setup I put in a physics lab. 这是我在物理实验室里的设置
On the right-hand side, you see an ultrasonic transducer . 在右边 是一台超声传感器
right-hand:adj.得力的;右手的,用右手的; ultrasonic:adj.[声]超声的;超音速的;n.超声波; transducer:n.[自]传感器,[电子]变换器,[电子]换能器;
So the ultrasonic transducer emits basically an ultrasonic beam that focuses inside the phantom. 当超声传感器 对着模型内部 发射出一束超声波束
emits:发出;放射;发行(emit的动词单数第三人称形式); basically:adv.主要地,基本上; beam:n.光线; v.发射(电波);
Okay, when you hear the click, this is when the energy starts to emit and you see a little lesion form inside the phantom. 你听见咔嗒声 就是能量要发射了 然后你能看见模型内部 出现了小小的损坏
lesion:n.损害;身体上的伤害;机能障碍;
Okay, so everything around it is whole and intact. 而周围一切 都完好无损
It's just a lesion formed inside. 损伤完全从内部形成
So think about, this is in your brain. 试想一下 如果是你的大脑
We need to reach a target inside the brain. 我们的目标在大脑的内部
We can do it without harming any tissue . 就可以在不伤及任何组织的情况下办到
tissue:n.纸巾,手巾纸;(人、动植物细胞的)组织;
So this is, I think, the first kosher Hippocratic surgical system. 我想 这是第一个符合犹太戒律的希波克拉底手术系统
kosher:adj.合适的;符合犹太教教规的,干净的; Hippocratic:adj.(古希腊医师)希波克拉底的;希波克拉底医学派的; surgical:adj.外科的;外科手术的;
(Laughter) (笑声)
Okay, so let's talk a little bit about ultrasound, the force of ultrasound. 接下来谈谈超声波 超声波的力量
You know all about imaging, right, ultrasound imaging. 你们都知道超声波成像
And you know also about lithotripsy -- breaking kidney stones. 还有体外震波碎石束 震碎肾结石
lithotripsy:n.碎石术; kidney:n.[解剖]肾脏;腰子;个性;
But ultrasound can be shaped to be anything in between, because it's a mechanical force. 但超声波可以成为 两者间的任何形态 因为它是一种机械力量
mechanical:adj.机械的;力学的;呆板的;无意识的;手工操作的;
Basically, it's a force acting on a tissue that it transverses . 它对横贯面上的组织 产生作用力
transverses:adj.横向的;横断的;贯轴的;n.横断面;贯轴;横肌;
So you can change the intensity , the frequency , the duration , the pulse shape of the ultrasound to create anything from an airbrush to a hammer . 可以通过改变超声波的强度、频率 波长和波形等 来创造出类似从喷枪到铁锤间 任何东西
intensity:n.强度;强烈;[电子]亮度;紧张; frequency:n.频率;发生率;重复率;频繁; duration:n.持续时间;期间; pulse:n.脉冲;脉搏;脉率;强劲的音乐节拍;v.搏动;跳动;震动;洋溢着; airbrush:n.喷枪;气笔;vt.用气笔修(照片等);用喷枪喷;粉饰; hammer:n.锤子; v.锤打;
And I am going to show you multiple applications in the medical field that can be enabled just by focusing, physically focusing. 接下来我要展示 通过聚焦超声波 物理性的聚焦 在医疗领域中的 几种应用
I am going to:我将要做什么事情 multiple:adj.数量多的;多种多样的;n.倍数;
So this idea of harnessing focused ultrasound to treat lesions in the brain is not new at all. 使用聚焦超声波 来治疗脑损伤 并不是新概念
harnessing:v.给(马等)装上挽具(harness的现在分词);治理,利用; treat:v.治疗;处理;招待;款待;n.款待;乐事;乐趣; lesions:[生物]损伤;
When I was born, this idea was already conceived by pioneers such as the Fry brothers and Lars Leksell, who is know actually as the inventor of the gammaknife. 这个想法早在我出生之前 就已经提出来了 比如弗莱兄弟 和拉尔斯?莱克塞尔 他是伽玛刀的 发明人
conceived:v.构思;设想;(conceive的过去式);
But you may not know that he tried to perform lobotomies in the brain, noninvasively, with focused ultrasound in the '50s. 不过你可能不知道 他在五十年代 尝试过聚焦超声波 来尽心非侵入式前脑叶白质切除术
perform:v.表演;执行;履行;演出;工作,运转(好/不好); lobotomies:n.脑叶切断术;(lobotomy的复数)
He failed, so he then invented the gammaknife. 没有成功 于是他发明了伽玛刀
And it makes you ponder why those pioneers failed. 你会思索 为什么这些先辈都没有成功
ponder:vt.仔细考虑;衡量;vi.考虑;沉思;
And there was something fundamental that they were missing. 因为有些关键的东西 缺失了
fundamental:n.基础; adj.十分重大的;
They were missing the vision . 他们没有成像技术
vision:n.视力;美景;幻象;想象力;v.想象;显现;梦见;
It wasn't until the invention of the MR and really the integration of MR with focused ultrasound that we could get the feedback -- both the anatomical and the physiological 直到磁共振改变了这个状况 将磁共振成像 和聚焦超声波结合在一起 我们才从解剖学 和生物学上得到肯定答案-
integration:n.集成;综合; feedback:n.反馈;反馈意见;回授;[电子]反馈; anatomical:adj.解剖的;解剖学的;结构上的; physiological:adj.生理学的,生理的;
in order to have a completely noninvasive, closed-loop surgical procedure . 可以执行完全无侵入 完全体内 进行的手术
closed-loop:封闭环,闭合回路; procedure:n.步骤;手术;(商业、法律或政治上的)程序;
So this is how it looks, you know, the operating room of the future today. 这就是未来 手术室的样子
This is an MR suite with a focused ultrasound system. 这是配备磁共振成像的聚焦超声波系统
suite:n.套房;一套家具;组曲(由三个或更多相关部分组成);套装软件;
And I will give you several examples. 我会给大家看一些例子
So the first one is in the brain. 第一个是在大脑里
One of the neurological conditions that can be treated with focused ultrasound are movement disorders , like Parkinson's or essential tremor . 可以通过聚焦超声波治疗的 一个神经性病症是 运动障碍 比如帕金森氏症或者原发性颤抖症
neurological:adj.神经病学的,神经学上的; treated:v.以…态度对待;把…看作;(treat的过去分词和过去式) disorders:n.无秩序,混乱; v.[电子]扰乱(disorder的单三形式); essential:n.要点;要素;实质;必需品;adj.完全必要的;必不可少的;极其重要的;本质的; tremor:n.[医]震颤;颤动;
What is typical to those conditions, to essential tremor for example, is inability to drink or eat cereal or soup without spilling everything all over you, or write legibly so people can understand it, and be really independent in your life without the help of others. 这些病的典型症状就是 比如原发性颤抖症 就是 喝燕麦粥或者汤的时候 会把汤洒得到处都是 或者写的字没人能看懂 必须依赖别人 才能生活
typical:adj.典型的;特有的;象征性的; inability:n.无能力;无才能; cereal:n.谷物;谷类植物;adj.谷类制成的; spilling:v.(使)洒出,泼出,溢出;涌出;(spill的现在分词) independent:adj.独立的; n.无党派议员(或候选人等);
So I'd like you to meet John. 让我介绍一下 约翰
John is a retired professor of history from Virginia . 约翰是一位退休的历史教授 住在维吉尼亚
Virginia:adj.弗吉尼亚州的;
So he suffered from essential tremor for many years. 他患有原发性颤抖症很多年了
And medication didn't help him anymore. 很多药物治疗失去疗效
medication:n.药;药物;
And many of those patients refused to undergo surgery to have people cut into their brain. 许多类似的病人拒绝手术 因为需要开颅
patients:n.接受治疗者,病人;(patient的复数) undergo:vt.经历,经受;忍受;
And about four or five months ago, he underwent an experimental procedure. 大概四五个月前 他接受了实验性治疗
underwent:v.经验;遭遇(undergo的过去式); experimental:adj.实验的;根据实验的;试验性的;
It is approved under an FDAIDE at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville using focused ultrasound to ablate a point in his thalamus . 这个治疗获得了美国食品药物管理局的临床实验医疗器材许可 在夏洛特斯维尔的 维吉尼亚大学里 对他视丘里一个点 使用了聚焦超声
approved:adj.被正式接受的,被正式认可的; v.赞成; (approve的过去分词和过去式) ablate:vt.烧蚀;切除;使脱落;vi.脱落; thalamus:n.[解剖]丘脑;花托;
And this is his handwriting. 这是他的字迹
'"On June 20th," if you can read it, "2011." 如果你能读出来的话 “6月20日” “2011年”
This is his handwriting on the morning of the treatment before going into the MR 这是他 在接受磁共振治疗前的 字迹
treatment:n.治疗;疗法;对待;处理;讨论;
So now I'll take you through 接下来我让各位了解一下
[what] a typical procedure like that looks like, 手术的流程如何
[what] noninvasive surgery looks like. 非侵入性手术是怎样的
So we put the patient on the MR table. 我们让病人躺在磁共振的手术台上
We attach a transducer, in this case, to the brain, but if it will be a different organ , it will be a different transducer attached to the patient. 装好传感器 这里是对准大脑 如果是其他的器官 就会用不同的传感器
organ:n.[生物]器官;机构;风琴;管风琴;嗓音; attached:adj.依恋;v.重视;把…固定;(attach的过去分词和过去式)
And the physician will then take a regular MR scan. 医生会 先进行常规磁共振扫描
physician:n.[医]医师;内科医师;
And the objective of that? 对象是什么呢?
objective:n.目标; adj.客观的;
I don't have a pointer here, but you see the green, sort of rectangle or trapezoid ? 我手头没有指示棒 不过你看到这些绿色的矩形或者梯形的部分吗?
pointer:n.指针;指示器;教鞭;暗示; rectangle:n.矩形;长方形; trapezoid:n.[数]梯形;[数]不规则四边形;adj.梯形的;[数]不规则四边形的;
This is the sort of general area of the treatment. 这就大概是进行治疗的区域
It's a safety boundary around the target. 这是目标周围的 安全区域
boundary:n.边界;范围;分界线;
It's a target in the thalamus. 这是视丘里的手术对象
So once those pictures are acquired and the physician has drawn all the necessary safety limits and so on, he selects basically a point -- you see the round point in the middle where the cursor is -- and he presses this blue button called "sonicate." 一旦拍下了这些照片 医生可以划出 必要的安全限制范围 他就是选取一个点- 中间位置在光标旁有个点- 然后他按下这个“声处理”的按钮
acquired:adj.习得的; v.获得; (acquire的过去分词和过去式) cursor:n.光标;(计算尺的)[计]游标,指针;
We call this instance of injecting the energy, we call it sonication. 我们把这里注入能量 叫做声波降解法
instance:n.实例;情况;建议;v.举...为例; injecting:v.(给…)注射(药物等);(给…)添加,增加(某品质);(inject的现在分词)
The only handwork the physician does here is moving a mouse. 医生唯一要做的工作 就是移动鼠标
This is the only device he needs in this treatment. 这是他治疗中使用的唯一器械
device:n.装置;策略;图案;
So he presses "sonicate," and this is what happens. 他按下“声处理”就好了
You see the transducer, the light blue. 传感器 发蓝光的地方
There's water in between the skull and the transducer. 头颅和传感器之间是水
skull:n.头盖骨,脑壳;
And it does this burst of energy. 传感器释放出能量
burst:v.破裂;爆炸;突破;冲进;n.爆发;点射;释放;(情感的)迸发;
It elevates the temperature. 提高温度
elevates:vt.提升;举起;振奋情绪等;提升…的职位;
We first need to verify that we are on target. 首先得确认 命中目标
verify:vt.核实;查证;
So the first sonication is at lower energy. 因此第一次超声波降解 使用低能量
It doesn't do any damage, but it elevates the temperature by a few degrees. 不会产生任何伤害 只会提高温度 几度而已
And one of the unique capabilities that we leverage with the MR is the ability to measure temperature noninvasively. 磁共振的一个 独特功能就是 非侵入性温度测量
unique:adj.独特的,稀罕的;[数]唯一的;n.独一无二的人或物; leverage:n.影响力;杠杆作用;杠杆效力;v.举债经营;借贷收购;
This is really a unique capability of the MR. 这是磁共振成像的独特功能
capability:n.才能,能力;性能,容量;
It is not being used in regular diagnostic imaging. 一般的造影诊断 并不会用到
diagnostic:adj.诊断的;特征的;n.诊断法;诊断结论;
But here we can get both the anatomical imaging and the temperature maps in real time . 但我们可以使用它 取得解剖影像和温度分布
real time:adj.实时的;接到指示立即执行的;
And you can see the points there on the graph. 可以看到图像上的这些点
The temperature was raised to 43 degrees C temporarily . 温度暂时 上升到43摄氏度
temporarily:adv.临时地,临时;
This doesn't cause any damage. 这不会造成任何伤害
But the point is we are right on target. 但关键是我们命中目标了
So once the physician verifies that the focus spot is on the target he has chosen, then we move to perform a full-energy ablation like you see here. 一旦医生确定了 聚焦点是选定的目标 接下来 就可以执行高能切除 如何此处所示
verifies:证实;核实; ablation:n.[水文]消融;切除;
And you see the temperature rises to like 55 to 60 degrees C. 温度上升到 55到66摄氏度
If you do it for more than a second, it's enough to basically destroy the proteins of the cells. 如果这样超过一秒 就足够摧毁 细胞中的蛋白质了
proteins:n.[生化]蛋白质(protein复数);
This is the outcome from a patient perspective -- same day after the treatment. 这是病人的术后效果- 完成治疗的当天
outcome:n.结果,结局;成果; perspective:n.观点;远景;透视图;adj.透视的;
This is an immediate relief . 症状立刻消失了
relief:n.救济;减轻,解除;安慰;浮雕;
(Applause) (掌声)
Thank you. 谢谢
John is one of [about] a dozen very heroic , courageous people who volunteered for the study. 约翰是 有胆量和勇气接受研究的 志愿者之一
heroic:adj.英雄的;英勇的;记叙英雄及其事迹的;夸张的;n.史诗;英勇行为; courageous:adj.有胆量的,勇敢的; volunteered:v.自愿做;义务做;自愿参军;(volunteer的过去分词和过去式)
And you have to understand what is in people's mind when they are willing to take the risk. 你得明白 当他们决定冒这个险时 他们心里想的是什么
And this is a quote from John after he wrote it. 约翰写下这些之后
quote:v.引用;报价;举例说明;开价;为(企业的股份)上市;n.引用;
He said, " Miraculous ." 他说:“太神奇了!”
Miraculous:adj.不可思议的,奇迹的;
And his wife said, "This is the happiest moment of my life." 他的妻子说:“这是我一生中最开心的时刻。“
And you wonder why. 也许你不理解
I mean, one of the messages I like to carry over is, what about defending quality of life? 我想说的是 为什么我们要维持生活的质量?
carry over:..留到以后处理;继续存在;
I mean, those people lose their independence . 这些人失去独立生活的能力
independence:n.独立;独立性;自恃心;独立不羁的精神;
They are dependent on others. 他们要依赖于别人
dependent on:依赖于;依靠;
And John today is fully independent. 而约翰现在完全不用依靠别人了
He returned to a normal life routine. 他恢复了正常人的生活
And he also plays golf, like you do in Virginia when you are retired. 他可以打高尔夫球 就像很多人在 维吉尼亚的退休生活
Okay, so you can see here the spot. 可以看到这里的雾状物
It's like three millimeters in the middle of the brain. 在大脑中间大约3毫米
millimeters:n.毫米;(millimeter的复数)
There's no damage outside. 没有任何外部损伤
He suffers from no neurodeficit. 他没有任何神经损伤
There's no recovery needed, no nothing. 没有康复期 什么都不用
recovery:n.恢复,复原;痊愈;重获;
He's back to his normal life. 他直接恢复到正常生活
Let's move now to a more painful subject. 下面我们要 谈谈一个痛苦话题
painful:adj.痛苦的;疼痛的;令人不快的;
Pain is something that can make your life miserable . 疼痛是个 让生活被悲惨的东西
miserable:adj.悲惨的;痛苦的;卑鄙的;
And people are suffering from all kinds of pain like neuropathic pain, lower-back pain and cancer pain from bone metastases , when the metastases get to your bones, sometimes they are very painful. 人们遭受着各种各样的痛苦 比如神经痛 腰痛 癌症骨转移导致的疼痛 当癌细胞转移入骨髓 会十分十分痛
cancer:n.癌症;恶性肿瘤; metastases:n.转移(metastasis的复数);
All those I've indicated have already been shown to be successfully treated by focused ultrasound relieving the pain, again, very fast. 这些疼痛 已经被证实 可以通过聚焦超声波 非常快速地 缓解疼痛
indicated:v.表明;显示;象征;暗示;示意;(indicate的过去分词和过去式) relieving:v.解除,减轻,缓和(不快或痛苦);调剂;使有趣;(relieve的现在分词)
And I would like to tell you about PJ. 下面我介绍一下 PJ
He's a 78 year-old farmer who suffered from -- how should I say it? -- it's called pain in the butt . 他是个农民 78岁了 他的疼痛 来自臀部
butt:n.屁股;烟头;笑柄;靶垛;粗大的一端;v.以头抵撞;碰撞;
He had metastases in his right buttock , and he couldn't sit even with medication. 他的癌细胞转移到了臀部右侧 即使有药物治疗 他也无法坐下
buttock:n.半边臀部;船尾;vt.用腰摔;
He had to forgo all the farm activities. 他停止了任何劳作
forgo:vi.放弃; vt.放弃;
He was treated with radiation therapy , state-of-the-art radiation therapy , but it didn't help. 接受了化疗 最先进的化疗 不过没用
radiation:n.辐射;放射线;放射疗法; therapy:n.治疗,疗法; state-of-the-art:adj.最先进的;已经发展的;达到最高水准的;
Many patients like that favor radiation therapy. 很多病人倾向于化疗
And again, he volunteered to a pivotal study that we ran worldwide , also in the U.S. 但他决定参与 我们这个在世界范围内进行的 关键性研究 当然也包括美国
pivotal:adj.关键的;中枢的;枢轴的;n.关键事物;中心事物; worldwide:adj.全世界的;adv.在世界各地;
And his wife actually took him. 是他的妻子带他来的
They drove like three hours from their farm to the hospital. 他们从农场 开了三个小时的车
He had to sit on a cushion , stand still, not move, because it was very painful. 他得坐在一个垫子上 一动不能动 不然就会很痛
cushion:n.靠垫; v.缓和冲击; (用垫子)使柔和;
He took the treatment, and on the way back, he drove the truck by himself. 他接受了治疗 回家的时候 他自己就能开着卡车了
So again, this is an immediate relief. 再次证明 这个治疗可以立即解决问题
And you have to understand what those people feel and what their family experiences when it happens. 你可以想像 当病痛解除时 这些病人和 他们家人的感受
He returned again to his daily routine on the farm. 他回到了农场 又开始了工作
He rides his tractor. 他开着他拖拉机
He rides his horse to their mountain cabin regularly . 骑着马定期去山间小屋
cabin:v.把…关在小屋内; n.(轮船上生活或睡觉的)隔间; (通常为木制的)小屋; regularly:adv.经常地;有规律地;定期的
And he has been very happy. 他很开心
But now, you ask me, but what about war, the war on cancer? 现在你会问我 那么对癌症的疗效呢?
Show us some primary cancer. 让我们看看几个主要的癌症
What can be done there? 这个研究能做些什么呢?
So I have good news and bad news. 我这儿有好消息和坏消息
The good news: there's a lot that can be done. 好消息是:我们能做的有很多
And it has been shown actually outside of the U.S. 在美国之外已经被证明了
And doing that in the U.S. 但是在美国的事情
is very painful. 比较棘手
I don't see, without this nation taking it as some collective will or something that is a national goal to make that happen, it will not happen. 好像没有 一个全国民的共同请愿或努力 这个事情就没法办到 我不觉得是这样
collective:adj.集体的;共同的;集合的;集体主义的;n.集团;集合体;集合名词;
And it's not just because of regulation; it's because of the amount of money needed under the current evidence-based medicine and the size of trials and so on to make it happen. 这不仅是制度上的问题 还有因为在现行的实证医学体系下 要投入的财力以及 临床试验的费用 也成为实现的阻碍
evidence-based:adj.基于证据的;
So the first two applications are breast cancer and prostate cancer. 研究的首要两项应用 是乳腺癌和前列腺癌
prostate:adj.前列腺的;n.[解剖]前列腺;
They were the first to be treated by focused ultrasound. 这是最早使用聚焦超声波治疗的
And we have better-than-surgery results in breasts. 乳腺癌的治疗结果显示比手术效果更好
But I have a message for the men here. 不过有个消息提供给在场男士
We heard here yesterday Quyen talking about the adverse event trait in prostate cancer. 听说吉兰昨天在这里 探讨了前列腺癌治疗的 不同结果
adverse:adj.不利的;相反的;敌对的(名词adverseness,副词adversely); trait:n.特性,特点;品质;少许;
There is a unique opportunity now with focused ultrasound guided by MR, because we can actually think about prostate lumpectomy -- treating just the focal lesion and not removing the whole gland , and by that, avoiding all the issues with potency and incontinence . 通过使用磁共振成像和聚焦超声波技术 我们有一个全新的治疗前景 因为我们可以考虑 前列腺肿瘤切除- 治疗局部病变 而不用切除整个腺体 这样就避免了 性功能丧失和尿失禁问题
lumpectomy:n.乳房肿瘤切除术; treating:v.以…态度对待;把…看作;处理;讨论;(treat的现在分词) focal:adj.焦点的,在焦点上的;灶的,病灶的; gland:n.腺;密封压盖; issues:n.重要议题;争论的问题;v.宣布;公布;发出;(issue的第三人称单数和复数) potency:n.效能;力量;潜力;权势; incontinence:n.[医]失禁;无节制;不能自制;
Well, there are other cancer tumors in the abdomen -- quite little, very little actually -- pancreas , liver , kidney. 其他的一些出现在腹腔的癌症- 很小很小的- 胰脏,肝脏,肾脏里的
tumors:n.肿瘤(tumor的复数); abdomen:n.腹部;下腹;腹腔; pancreas:n.[解剖]胰腺; liver:n.肝;(动物供食用的)肝;
The challenge there with a breathing and awake patient -- and in all our treatments , the patient is awake and conscious and speaks with the physician -- is you have to teach the MR some tricks how to do it in real time. 治疗的困难是- 病人是完全清醒的 在我们的治疗里 病人完全清醒 可以和医生交谈- 困难就是我们得让磁共振成像 实现实时成像
treatments:n.治疗;疗法;对待;处理;讨论;(treatment的复数) conscious:adj.意识到的;故意的;神志清醒的;
And this will take time. 这不容易
This will take two years. 我们花了两年做到
But I have now a message to the ladies. 现在有一个带给女士们的消息
And this is, in 2004, the FDA has approved MR-guided focused ultrasounds for the treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids . 2004年 美国食品药物管理局已经批准了磁共振成像引导聚焦超声波技术 应用于子宫肌瘤的临床治疗
ultrasounds:n.超声;超音波; symptomatic:adj.有症状的;症候的; uterine:adj.[解剖]子宫的;同母异父的; fibroids:adj.纤维性的;纤维状的;n.子宫肌瘤;[肿瘤]纤维瘤;
Women suffer from that disease . 女性常受此病痛折磨
disease:n.病,[医]疾病;弊病;vt.传染;使…有病;
All those tumors have heavy bleeding during periods, abdominal pressure, back pain, frequent urination . 肿瘤会导致 经期大量出血 腹部张痛 背痛 尿频
bleeding:n.出血;渗色;adj.流血的;同情的;v.出血;渗出;(bleed的现在分词) abdominal:adj.腹部的;有腹鳍的; frequent:adj.频繁的;经常发生的;v.常到(某处); urination:n.撒尿,排尿;
And sometimes, they cannot even conceive and become pregnant because of the fibroid. 有时甚至会导致 无法受孕
pregnant:adj.怀孕的;富有意义的;
This is Frances. 这位女性住在法国
She was diagnosed with a grapefruit-sized fibroid. 她被诊断出长有一个柚子大小的子宫肌瘤
diagnosed:v.诊断(疾病);判断(问题的原因);(diagnose的过去分词和过去式)
This is a big fibroid. 这是很大的子宫肌瘤
She was offered a hysterectomy , but this is an inconceivable proposition for someone who wants to keep her pregnancy option . 医生建议她切除子宫 但对于期望怀孕的人来说 这是无法接受的选择
hysterectomy:n.[妇产]子宫切除; inconceivable:adj.不可思议的;难以置信的;不能想象的;非凡的; proposition:n.提议;待处理的问题;任务;(美国)法律修正议案;见解;命题;v.向...提议; pregnancy:n.怀孕;丰富,多产;意义深长; option:n.选择;可选择的东西;
So she elected to undergo a focused ultrasound procedure in 2008. 她在2008年选择了接受 聚焦超声波治疗
And in 2010, she became a first-time mother to a healthy baby. 2010年她成了一个健康宝宝的妈妈
first-time:adj.初次的,第一次的;
So new life was born. 一个新生命诞生了
(Applause) (掌声)
So in conclusion , 最后
in conclusion:总之;最后;
I'd like to leave you with actually four messages. 我要带给你们四个消息
One is, think about the amount of suffering that is saved from patients undergoing noninvasive surgery, and also the economical and emotional burden removed from their families and communities and the society at large -- and I think also from their physicians , by the way . 首先试想一下 非侵入式手术 可以让多少人受惠 可以帮助他们的家人、社区 还有社会解决多少 经济和情感上的负担- 我想应该还有医生的
undergoing:v.经历,经受(变化、不快的事等);(undergo的现在分词) economical:adj.经济的;节约的;合算的; emotional:adj.情绪的;易激动的;感动人的; burden:n.负担;责任;船的载货量;v.使负担;烦扰;装货于; communities:n.社区;社会;团体;共有(community的复数) physicians:n.[内科]内科医生(physician的复数); by the way:顺便说一下;
And the other thing I would like you to think about is the new type of relationship between physician and patients when you have a patient on the table 另外是请试想一下 医患之间的 新型关系 当病人躺着手术台上
[who] is awake and can even monitor the treatment. 他是完全清醒的甚至可以监督治疗
In all our treatments, the patient holds a stop sonication button. 在我们的治疗中 病人握着一个解除手术的按钮
He can stop the surgery at any moment. 病人可以随时中止手术
And with that note, 以上是所以内容
I would like to thank you for listening. 感谢各位的聆听
(Applause) (掌声)