|
|
Yes.Minister-是大臣
|
Steve Lloyd Evans : 4,103. |
史蒂夫.劳埃德.埃文斯 4103票 |
Evans:n.埃文斯;(姓氏)埃文斯;伊文思;
|
And here at Birmingham East, the Returning Officer is just declaring the result. |
在伯明翰东区 选举监察人正在宣布选举结果 |
Birmingham:n.伯明翰(英国一座城市);
|
James George Hacker : 21,793. |
詹姆斯.乔治.哈克 21793票 |
Hacker:n.电脑黑客,企图不法侵入他人电脑系统的人;
|
Arthur William Gaunt : 19,321. |
亚瑟.威廉.冈特 19321票 |
Gaunt:adj.憔悴的;荒凉的;枯瘦的;
|
So Jim Hacker's back, with an increased majority , and after many years as a Shadow Minister seems almost certain to get a post in the new Government. |
吉姆.哈克以有所增长的多数票当选 当了多年影子大臣的他 入阁新政府看来几乎是板上钉钉的事了 |
majority:n.大部分:大多数:多数票:成年人:
|
I haven't had a call yet. - Who from? |
我还没接到电话呢 -谁的电话 |
Our new Prime Minister , of course. |
当然是我们的新首相 |
Prime Minister:n.首相;总理;
|
Who do you think? - Well, what do you expect? |
还能是谁 -你还想怎样 |
The car's only just got back from the Palace. |
他的车刚从王宫回去 |
I saw it on the news. |
我在新闻上看到的 |
Any moment now, then. |
那随时要来了 |
So who was on the phone? |
刚刚是谁打来的 |
Frank Wiesel. He's coming right over. |
弗兰克.维瑟 他这就过来 |
Frank:adj.坦白的,直率的;老实的;n.免费邮寄特权;v.免费邮寄;
|
Why doesn't he just move in? |
他怎么不干脆搬进来 |
Annie, sometimes I don't understand you. |
安妮 有时我真不懂你 |
He's my political adviser . |
他可是我的政治顾问 |
adviser:n.顾问;劝告者;指导教师(等于advisor);
|
I depend on him more than anyone. |
我倚重他胜过任何人 |
Why don't you marry him? |
那你娶他得了 |
Darling, you do over-react to everything, so. |
亲爱的 你总是对凡事都小题大做 |
over-react:vi.反应过度强烈;
|
Here we are! |
来了 |
Jim Hacker... yes. |
吉姆.哈克 是 |
Oh, it's you. |
是你啊 |
Yes, was a good party, wasn't it? |
是啊 派对是很棒 是吧 |
Yes, I've got a bit of a headache, too... |
是啊 我也有点头疼 |
Look, do you mind if I ring you back. |
那个 我稍后再打给你好吗 |
do you mind:你介意吗?;
|
I'm waiting for a rather important call... |
我在等一通挺重要的电话 |
bye bye. |
再见 |
Alderman Spottiswood. |
是斯波狄茨沃德市议员 |
Alderman:n.市议员;总督;市府参事;高级市政官;
|
I wish people wouldn't kept ring me up to congratulate me. |
真希望人们别老是打电话来恭喜我 |
Don't they realise that I'm waiting for the call. |
难道他们就不懂我在等那通电话吗 |
It sounds as if you're about to enter the Ministry . |
听你口气 像是要入阁了 |
Ministry:n.(政府的)部门;
|
Yes, but which Ministry, that's the whole point. |
对 但内阁哪个部门 这才是重点 |
It was a joke! |
我是在开玩笑 |
I see. |
这样啊 |
Are you very tense? |
你很紧张吗 |
No, no, I'm not tense. |
不 我不紧张 |
I'm just a politician's wife, I'm not allowed to have feelings. |
我不过是位政客的妻子 我哪能有情绪 |
A happy carefree politician's wife. |
我就是个开心无忧的政客妻子 |
carefree:adj.无忧无虑的;不负责的;
|
What are you looking for? |
你在找什么 |
A cigarette. I can't find any. |
香烟 我一根都找不到 |
Try the cigarette box. |
翻翻烟盒 |
It's empty. |
空的 |
Take a librium . |
服一片安定药 |
librium:n.[药]利眠宁(一种安定药,等于chlordiazepoxide);
|
I can't find the librium, that's why I'm looking for a cigarette. |
我就是找不到安定药才想找烟的 |
Jim, I've had it. |
吉姆 我受够了 |
Would you pop out and get some? |
你能不能出去买点回来 |
Sorry, love, daren't leave the phone. |
抱歉 亲爱的 不敢离开电话 |
Look, if the PM wants you to be in the stupid cabinet , the PM will phone back if you're out. |
如果首相希望你加入他的破内阁 而你刚巧出门了 他还会再打来的 |
cabinet:n.内阁;储藏柜;陈列柜;adj.内阁的;小房间用的;玲珑的;细木工做的;
|
Or you can phone back. |
你也可以打回去嘛 |