|
|
War.of.the.Worlds.2005-世界大战.
|
No one would have believed in the early years of the 21st century... |
在21世纪初 没人能够相信… |
...that our world was being watched by intelligences greater than our own... |
人类世界正被比我们更加先进的智慧文明所监视着 |
intelligences:[军]情报;
|
...that as men busied themselves about their various concerns ... |
正当人们忙于各自不同事务的时候 |
concerns:n.关注; v.使关心(concern的三单形式);
|
...they observed and studied... |
它们在观察、研究着我们… |
observed:adj.观察的;观测的;v.观察;遵守;注意到(observe的过去分词形式);
|
...the way a man with a microscope might scrutinise the creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. |
如同我们从显微镜下 观察一滴水中微生物的运动和繁衍一样 |
microscope:n.显微镜; scrutinise:vi.作仔细检查;细致观察;vt.细看;仔细观察或检查;核对(等于scrutinize); creatures:n.生物;动物;(具有某种特征的)人(creature的复数) swarm:n.一大群(蜜蜂等昆虫); vi.成群地来回移动; multiply:vt.乘; vi.乘; v.多样地; adj.多层的;
|
With infinite complacency , men went to and fro about the globe... |
伴随着无限的满足人类对我们世界的… |
infinite:adj.无限的,无穷的; n.无限; complacency:n.自满;满足;自鸣得意; to and fro:来回地;
|
... confident of our empire over this world. |
…统治地位充满了信心 |
confident of:确信,相信;
|
Yet across the gulf of space, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic ... |
然而 越过茫茫宇宙的深渊 无数冷酷、无情的智慧生物… |
gulf:n.海湾;深渊;分歧;漩涡;vt.吞没; intellects:n.智力,理解力;知识分子;思维逻辑领悟力;智力高的人; unsympathetic:adj.不表同情的;不同情的;
|
...regarded our planet with envious eyes... |
正用贪婪的目光注视着我们的星球 |
envious:adj.羡慕的;嫉妒的;
|
...and slowly and surely... |
并缓慢、稳步地 |
...drew their plans against us. |
…实施着针对我们的计划 |
Tell him to send it over to the cargo shed . |
告诉他把柜子卸到货架上 |
cargo:n.(船或飞机装载的)货物; shed:v.摆脱;去除;蜕;落;n.工棚;简易房;剪羊毛棚;挤奶棚;
|
It's on its way. |
马上就好 |
Ray. |
雷 |
Ferrier. Whoa. |
法瑞尔 |
I need you back in four instead of 12. |
我需要你4小时后就回来 |
I got half of Korea coming in at noon. |
而不是12个小时中午还有很多外轮进港 |
No, no, no, I can't. I'm on a 12-hour blow. Call Tedesco. |
不不不 不行我得离开12小时 你去找特蒂斯科 |
Come on. Tedesco can't move 40 containers in an hour. |
拜托 特蒂斯科一小时内可搬不了40个集装箱 |
I gotta have somebody who can do double picks. |
我得找能干双倍活的 |
I wish I could help you, Sal. It's the goddamn union regulations . |
那你自求多福吧 索尔这是他妈的工会规矩 |
goddamn:adj.该死的;讨厌的;受诅咒的; regulations:n.章程;规则;法规;管理,控制;(regulation的复数)
|
Come on. I'm in a position here, Ray. |
拜托 我没辙了 雷 |
You remember the union regulations, Sal. |
你还记得工会的规矩吗 索尔? |
You know what your problem is? |
你知道你的毛病吗? |
I can think of a couple women who'd be happy to tell you. |
我猜有几个女人会很乐意告诉你答案的 |
8:30? Did we say that? |
八点半?不是说好了的? |
We said 8:00. |
我们说的是八点 |
Hey, this is... |
嘿 瞧瞧 |
This is one safe-looking new vehicle you got yourself here, Tim. |
你弄的这辆新车看起来挺安全的 蒂姆 |
vehicle:n.[车辆]车辆;工具;交通工具;运载工具;传播媒介;媒介物;
|
Congratulations. Thank you. |
不赖谢谢 |
Eight o'clock, huh? |
八点是吧? |
We'll be back by 9:30 on Sunday, depending on the traffic. |
我们周日九点半就会回来如果路上不堵车 |
There he is. |
来了? |
Get a hug? |
来抱一下? |
Confusing handshake ? Kick in the teeth? |
不想握手?也不搭理我? |
Confusing:adj.令人困惑; v.使糊涂; (confuse的现在分词) handshake:n.握手;
|
The door's locked. |
门是锁的 |
Still working on those manners? |
管教的还是不够? |
Hello, Dad. |
你好 爸爸 |
Hello, Rachel. |
你好 瑞琪 |
Yo, Stan, hurry up. We gotta get to work. |
嘿 斯坦 赶紧了我们得干活了 |
Here, honey. Let me give you a hand getting that inside. |
亲爱的 我来帮你把东西拿进去 |
The door's locked. Sweetheart , let me get it. |
门锁上了亲爱的 我来吧 |
Sweetheart:n.亲爱的;甜心;爱人;心上人
|
I don't mind. I don't mind. Hey, she said she could get it. |
我来 我来嘿 她说了她自己来 |
It's heavy. She said she could get it. |
挺沉的她说了她能拿的 |
It's got rollers . Just roll it, roll it. |
它有滚轮的 滚上去 滚上去 |
rollers:n.[公路]压路机,长涌群;[机]滚筒;[机]滚轴(roller的复数形式);辊轴支架;
|
Yeah, but we can't roll it up the stairs, can we? |
没错 但我们不能把它滚上楼梯啊 对吧? |
Really, I got it from here, okay? |
真的 让我来拿 好吗? |
It's a 302 V8. It's... |
这是台302 V8 呃… |
It's gonna be out of here next week. |
下个星期就会搬走 |
You better get going, you wanna beat the traffic, don't you think? |
赶快走吧 得避开堵车不是吗? |
You're out of milk. |
牛奶都没了 |
And everything else. |
啥都没了 |
Yeah. Could you close the door, please? |
没错你把冰箱门关上 好吗? |