|
|
Vertical.Limit.2000-垂直极限
|
'"Take It To The Limit"? |
垂直极限 ? |
Artist and year? |
乐团和年份? |
1975. The Eagles, of course. Very funny. |
1975 当然是老鹰合唱团 笑死人了 |
That's not a song. It 's ridiculous . You made it up. |
那不是歌 太好笑了 是你编出来的 |
ridiculous:adj.可笑的;荒谬的; You made it:你做到了;你成功了;
|
That is definitely a song. It's a good song, and a winning song. |
当然是歌 是首很棒的好歌 |
definitely:adv.清楚地,当然;明确地,肯定地;
|
You give up? |
放弃了? |
On belay . |
做安全措施 |
belay:vt.把缆绳拴在系索栓上;vi.系住;拴牢;
|
'" MacArthur Park." Richard Harris. 1968. |
1968年 李察哈里斯的 麦克阿瑟公园 |
MacArthur:n.麦克阿瑟(美国五星上将);
|
1968? I didn't even think they had recorded music back then. |
1968?我不觉得那时他们有唱片 |
Excuse me. I have a signed album by Mr. Harris. |
对不起 我就有张哈里斯签名的唱片 |
It was cutting-edge stuff back then. |
这在那时可是很前卫的东西 |
cutting-edge:n.(刀片的)刃口;尖端;前沿;adj.先进的,尖端的; stuff:n.东西:物品:基本特征:v.填满:装满:标本:
|
Peter, check your sister's belay. |
检查你妹的安全措施 |
Want to tell him we're not 15? |
想告诉他我们已不是小孩了吗? |
Why bother ? We'll always be 15. |
何必呢?我们永远都是小孩 |
bother:v.烦扰,打扰;使…不安;操心,麻烦;n.麻烦;烦恼;
|
Dad, she needs a second cam. |
爸 她需要第二个安全栓 |
That won't hold in a fall. |
万一出事那样可撑不住 |
Screw you. |
去你的 |
Screw:v.旋,拧;压榨;强迫;n.螺旋;螺丝钉;吝啬鬼;
|
Listen, Annie. |
听我说 安妮 |
No matter how experienced... |
我不管你有多老练... |
...a smart climber always wears a belt and suspenders . |
聪明的攀岩者都会做好安全措施 |
belt:n.皮带;腰带;传动带;传送带;v.猛击;狠打;飞奔;飞驰; suspenders:n.吊裤带;裤子背带(suspender的复数);
|
Two cams are safe, three's better. |
两个栓才安全 三个更好 |
cams:n.凸轮(cam的复数);
|
I'm not kidding. We're not moving until you put another cam in the wall. |
我是说真的 在岩壁上再放个安全栓 我们才继续攀 |
I have three cams. He's yanking your chain. |
我放了三个 他是骗你的 |
yanking:猛地一拉;猛拉(yank的现在分词);
|
Watch out! |
小心! |
Amateurs at twelve o'clock! Check your safety! |
正上方有新手!检查安全索! |
Amateurs:n.业余爱好者;业余运动员;生手;外行;(amateur的复数)
|
Too much weight! It's not gonna hold! |
太重了!它撑不住的! |
Hold it together, you two! |
你们两个冷静! |
Now get a grip . |
稳下来 |
grip:n.紧握;柄;支配;握拍方式;拍柄绷带;vt.紧握;夹紧;vi.抓住;
|
We're getting out of this. |
我们会脱困的 |
Annie, how close to the wall are we? |
安妮 岩壁离我们多远? |
Keep still, goddamn it! Stop moving around! Stop! |
别动 该死的! 别再乱动了!别动了! |
goddamn:adj.该死的;讨厌的;受诅咒的;
|
Dad! |
爸! |
Both of you... |
你们两个... |
...keep very still. |
别乱动 |
Try and stay calm. |
试着保持冷静 |
Annie. |
安妮 |
Is the other cam moving? |
剩下的栓环松动了吗? |
No. |
没有 |
Try and reach the wall. |
试着靠近岩壁 |
See if you can anchor us back in. |
看你能否再把我们扣回岩壁 |
Try it. |
试试看 |
It's moving! |
它撑不住了! |
Peter, get your knife. |
彼得 拿出刀来 |
What? |
什么? |
Just do as I say. |
照我说的去做 |
Get it! |
拿出来! |
You don't have much time here. |
你没多少时间了 |
You have to do something for me. |
你得帮我做件事 |
Cut me loose . |
把绳索割断 |
loose:adj.宽松的; v.释放; v.松散地; n.放纵;
|
One cam can't hold us all. |
一个栓环撑不住我们的 |
You have to cut me loose... |
你要割断绳子... |
...or else I' II pull everybody down. Everybody will die! |
不然我会拖累你们 我们全都会死了! |
Shut up, Annie! |
闭嘴 |
It's one dead or three, Peter. |
不是我死就是大家死 |
Don't make him do this. |
别逼他这么做 |