|
|
UrsulavonderLeyen_2020T-_帮助欧洲成为第一个碳中性大陆的计划_-
|
Fighting climate change has become the greatest responsibility of our times. |
应对气候变化 |
And this is why in Europe, we have set our objective : to become the first carbon-neutral continent by 2050. |
这就是为什么在欧洲, 在 2050 年成为 一个碳中性的大洲。 |
This means leading an entire continent towards transitioning to clean energy, reinventing our infrastructure , and much, much more. |
这就意味着,要带领整个大洲 重新设计我们的基础设施, 以及完成许多其他目标。 |
It may sound abstract , and it sounds huge. |
这听起来是一个很抽象、 很宏大的目标, |
objective:n.目标; adj.客观的; carbon-neutral:adj.碳平衡的(指碳排放量减低为零,或通过环保措施抵消排放) continent:n.大陆,洲,陆地;adj.自制的,克制的; transitioning:v.经历转变过程;过渡;(transition的现在分词) reinventing:v.以新形象示人;以新形式出现;(reinvent的现在分词) infrastructure:n.基础设施;公共建设;下部构造; abstract:n.摘要; adj.抽象的; vt.摘要; vi.做摘要;
|
And yes, it's actually both. |
没错,的确是这样。 |
And it is also possible. |
但并非遥不可及。 |
Why? |
为什么呢? |
In the European Union , we have a good record of turning ambitions into successes. |
在欧盟, 我们有着将雄心 转化为成功的丰富经验。 |
We are a political and economic union with 27 countries and the total population of 450 million people. |
我们是有着 27 个国家的 政治和经济联盟, 拥有 4.5 亿的人口。 |
On the ashes of two world wars, we have secured lasting peace among us. |
在两次世界大战的废墟上,我们确立了长期和平稳定的关系。 |
European Union:n.欧洲联盟; ambitions:n.追求的目标;野心;志向;抱负;(ambition的复数) economic:adj.经济的,经济上的;经济学的;
|
From a divided continent, we have created a union without borders. |
在一块分裂的大洲上,我们成立了一个无边界的联盟。 |
And I strongly believe we can also achieve our next challenge: becoming the first carbon-neutral continent. |
我坚信,我们同样可以完成这一挑战, 成为第一个碳中性的大洲。 |
When I became president of the European Commission , |
当我成为欧盟委员会的主席时, |
I sent a clear signal. |
曾给出了一个明确的信号: |
In the first two weeks, I tabled the European Green Deal. |
在我任职的前两周, 我们达成了《欧洲绿色协议》。 |
This European Green Deal is both our vision for a climate-neutral continent and a very dedicated road map to this goal. |
该协议 既体现了我们对 气候中性大陆的愿景, 也是实现这一目标的具体蓝图。 |
European Commission:n.欧盟委员会; vision:n.视力;美景;幻象;想象力;v.想象;显现;梦见; dedicated:adj.献身的; v.把…奉献给; (dedicate的过去分词和过去式)
|
It is 50 actions for 2050, ranging from the first-ever European climate law, to circular economy , to a biodiversity strategy , planting trees, protecting precious nature and animals, recycling and waste management , just to name a few. |
在 2050 年之前, 我们需要完成 50 个目标, 从第一个欧洲气候法 到循环经济、 生态多样性策略、植树、 保护珍贵的大自然和动物、 环保和垃圾处理,等等。 |
When the coronavirus pandemic hit, we resolved not to let our objective be derailed . |
尽管新冠疫情正在全球肆虐, 却丝毫不会动摇 我们的目标和决心。 |
The economic and social crisis created by the pandemic cannot be an excuse to postpone the transition towards a cleaner and healthier future. |
疫情所导致的经济和社会危机 并不能成为 推迟转向一个更清洁、更健康未来的阻力。 |
first-ever:adj.第一例;前所未有; circular:adj.圆形的; n.(同时送达很多人的)印刷信函(或通知、广告); economy:n.经济;节约;理财; biodiversity:n.生物多样性; strategy:n.策略;行动计划;部署;战略; precious:adj.宝贵的;珍贵的;矫揉造作的; recycling:n.(资源,垃圾的)回收利用;v.回收;再循环利用(recycle的现在分词); management:n.管理;管理人员;管理部门;操纵;经营手段; coronavirus:n.冠状病毒;日冕形病毒; pandemic:adj.(疾病等)全国流行的;普遍的;n.流行性疾病; resolved:adj.下定决心; v.解决; (resolve的过去分词和过去式) derailed:v.(使)脱轨,出轨;(derail的过去分词和过去式) crisis:n.危机;危险期;决定性时刻;adj.危机的;用于处理危机的; postpone:v.延期;延迟;展缓;
|
On the opposite, they create an additional accelerator to mobilize and to move ahead. |
相反, 它们创造了一个额外的加速器 |
Of course, not everyone agreed. |
当然,不是所有人都认同这个说法。 |
Some in the industry told us it was impossible to remain competitive under these new constraints . |
一些行业告诉我们, 不可能在这种新的限制下 保持竞争力。 |
Some unions were afraid jobs would be lost and workers forgotten. |
一些联盟机构担心 会导致大量工人失业, |
additional:adj.附加的,额外的; accelerator:n.油门;催化剂;[机]加速装置; mobilize:v.动员;动员;调动;组织;鼓动;调用; competitive:adj.竞争的;比赛的;求胜心切的; constraints:n.[数]约束;限制;约束条件(constraint的复数形式);
|
Some politicians said it was not realistic . |
一些政治家也认为这不切实际。 |
We listened to them, but we also listened to other facts and arguments: the large international support to the Paris Agreement, science with robust data, and more data every year, the evidence of climate shifting all around us. |
我们吸纳了他们的意见, 但我们也聆听了 来自其他领域的事实和理由—— 国际社会对《巴黎协定》 提供的大力支持, 科学可靠、日积月累的数据, 我们周围气候变化的证据等。 |
politicians:n.政治家;(蔑)政客;(美)政治贩;(politician的复数) realistic:adj.现实的;现实主义的;逼真的;实在论的; robust:adj.强健的;健康的;粗野的;粗鲁的; evidence:n.证据,证明;迹象;明显;v.证明; shifting:adj.不断移动的;流动的;v.转移;赶快;快速移动;变换;(shift的现在分词)
|
We all know it by now: glaciers melting , forest fires, more extreme weather events. |
我们都目睹了 冰川融化、森林大火 和更加极端的天气事件。 |
And this is just the beginning. |
而这一切只是个开始。 |
We saw the prospect of many new jobs created by the transition; |
然而同时,但我们也看到了 |
European citizens, who, in their overwhelming majority , consider that climate change is a very serious problem; our youth demanding action for their future, and rightly so. |
欧洲的绝大多数人民都认为 气候变化是个非常严重的问题。 年轻一辈都在要求我们 为了他们的未来而做出改变, 这是他们的正当权利。 |
glaciers:n.[地理][水文]冰川(glacier的复数);[地理][水文]冰河; melting:adj.感人的;v.(使)熔化,融化;(melt的现在分词) extreme:adj.极端的;极度的;偏激的;尽头的;n.极端;末端;最大程度;极端的事物; prospect:n.展望;前景;希望;前途;v.勘探;探矿; overwhelming:adj.势不可挡的; v.压倒; (overwhelm的现在分词) majority:n.大部分:大多数:多数票:成年人: rightly:adv.正确地;恰当地;公正地;合适地;
|
Building on this, in September 2020, we announced we would go one step further. |
在此基础上,在 2020 年 9 月, 我们对外宣布, 将采取进一步的计划。 |
We moved from a 40 percent reduction of greenhouse gas emissions by 2030 to an at least 55 percent reduction by 2030. |
我们把目标从原定的到 2030 年减少 40% 的 温室气体排放量, 增加到至少 55%。 |
We are taking this bold commitment for two reasons. |
做出如此大胆的承诺 是出于如下两个原因。 |
First, we already know that we need to push further if we're serious about reaching our 2050 objective, which we are. |
第一,我们很清楚, 如果真正想要达到 2050 年的目标, 我们就必须加大力度, 对此,我们是认真的。 |
reduction:n.减少;缩小;降低;减价;折扣;缩图; greenhouse gas:n.温室气体(尤指二氧化碳); emissions:n.(光、热、气等的)发出,排放;排放物;散发物;(emission的复数) bold:adj.大胆的,英勇的;黑体的;厚颜无耻的;险峻的; commitment:n.承诺;投入;保证;许诺;
|
And second, the more we progress, the more we rally . |
第二,我们取得的进步越多, 加入我们的力量也会越多。 |
Our 2030 and 2050 time lines are ambitious . |
2030 年和 2050 年的目标 体现了我们的雄心壮志, |
They are also necessary. |
也是十分必要的。 |
Solving climate change will help solve a host of other problems. |
在解决气候变化问题的同时, |
Ignoring it will only precipitate them, as we see with the link between the loss of biodiversity and zoonotic viruses like the coronavirus. |
而一味的忽视只会让问题加剧, 正如我们看到的生物多样性的丧失 和冠状病毒等 人畜共患病毒之间的联系。[04:33] |
rally:v.团结;重整;恢复;(网球等)连续对打;n.集会;回复;公路赛车会; ambitious:adj.野心勃勃的;有雄心的;热望的;炫耀的; Ignoring:v.忽略,忽视;(ignore的现在分词); precipitate:n.[化学]沉淀物; vt.使沉淀; vi.[化学]沉淀; adj.突如其来的; zoonotic:adj.动物传染病的;
|
I know some are concerned with this transition, and I want to tell them these concerns are legitimate . |
我知道,有些人 对这种转变感到焦虑, 我想先告诉他们, 这些焦虑都是合理的情绪。 |
But we have the knowledge, we have the technology , we have now the resources to accompany this change and make this transition just. |
但是不要忘了, 我们有足够的知识、 技术 和资源来应对这种转变, 并取得成功。 |
We are directing our recovery in this direction. |
我们正朝着这个方向复苏。 |
concerned with:关心;涉及;忙于;与…有关; concerns:n.关注; v.使关心(concern的三单形式); legitimate:adj.合法的;正当的;合理的;正统的;v.使合法;认为正当(等于legitimize); technology:n.技术;工艺;术语; resources:n.[计][环境]资源; v.向…提供资金(resource的第三人称单数); accompany:v.陪同;陪伴;与…同时发生;为…伴奏; recovery:n.恢复,复原;痊愈;重获;
|
If we get it right, a third of our recovery money, called Next Generation EU, and of our long-term budget will go to climate goals and climate projects. |
如果一切顺利, 三分之一的复苏基金, 也就是“下一代欧盟”基金 和长期预算 将会用于气候相关的目标和项目—— |
And this is more than 600 billion euros . |
总额超过 6 千亿欧元。 |
Now, addressing climate change will need more than politicians and more than a continent. |
当然,应对气候变化, 需要的不只是政治家 和某一个大洲的努力。 |
States, companies, cities, citizens everywhere need to move in the same direction and to sustain their action over the long term. |
我们还需要全世界各个国家、 公司和城市的所有人 在长期保持步调一致, 持续不断的朝着同一个方向努力。 |
long-term:adj.长期的;从长远来看; budget:n.预算,预算费;v.安排,预定;把…编入预算;adj.廉价的; euros:n.欧元;欧洛斯风;带雨东南暴风(euro复数); sustain:v.支持;支撑;遭受;证实;
|
The European Union is open to cooperate with anyone who's ready to engage in this journey . |
欧盟愿意与 准备好协助达成这一目标的 任何个体或群体合作。 |
Fixing climate change calls for everyone's action every day. |
解决气候变化问题 |
You can count on me. |
你可以相信我, |
I count on you. |
我也会相信你。 |
Thank you. |
谢谢。[05:58] |
cooperate:v.合作;配合;协作;结合; engage:v.吸引,占用;使参加;雇佣;使订婚;预定; journey:n.旅行;行程;vi.旅行;
|