返回首页

TheLadyLifers_2014X-_一首来自监狱中无期徒刑的女人的歌_

(Music) (音乐)
Dannielle Hadley: Life in Pennsylvania means just that: life without the possibility of parole . 丹尼尔·哈德利:在宾夕法尼亚的生活就意味着这样: 这种生活是不能被假释的。
Pennsylvania:n.宾夕法尼亚州(美国州名); parole:n.语言;誓言,诺言;释放宣言;v.有条件释放,假释;使假释出狱;
For us lifers , as we call ourselves, our only chance for release is through commutation , which has only been granted to two women since 1989, close to 30 years ago. 对我们这些无期徒刑犯来说, 无期徒刑犯,我们就这样自称, 我们可以得到释放的唯一机会 就是减刑, 而这种机会也仅仅在将近30年前, 自1989以来降临在两个女人身上。
lifers:n.职业军人;被判无期徒刑者,无期徒刑犯; release:v.释放;发射;让与;允许发表;n.释放;发布;让与; commutation:n.减刑;交换;经常来往;代偿; granted:v.不错,的确; conj.因为; v.同意,准予,允许; (grant的过去分词和过去式)
Our song, "This Is Not Our Home," 我们的歌,“这里不是我们的家,”
it tells of our experiences while doing life without the possibility of parole. 这首歌讲述了我们过的 不能被假释的生活。
(Music) (音乐)
Brenda Watkins: I'm a woman. 布伦达·沃特金斯:我是个女人。
I'm a grandmother. 我是奶奶。
I'm a daughter. 我是女儿。
I have a son. 我有个儿子。
I'm not an angel. 我不是天使。
I'm not the devil . 我不是魔鬼。
devil:n.魔鬼;撒旦;家伙;恶棍;淘气鬼;冒失鬼;v.虐待,折磨;扯碎;做助手;
I came to jail when I was so young. 我这么年轻 就进了监狱。
jail:n.监狱;监牢;拘留所;v.监禁;下狱;
I spend my time here inside these prison walls. 被这狱墙包围, 我在这里过日子。
Lost friends to death, saw some go home. 我很多的朋友死了, 我也看到了一些朋友回家了。
Watch years pass, people come and go, while I do life without parole. 我过着不能被假释的日子, 看岁月匆匆, 人来人往。
I am a prisoner for the wrong I've done. 我因做错了事变成了犯人。
I'm doing time here. 我在这里过日子。
This is not my home. 但这不是我的家。
Dream of freedom, hope for mercy . 梦想获得自由,渴望得到怜悯啊。
mercy:n.仁慈,宽容;怜悯;幸运;善行;
Will I see my family or die alone? 我还能看到 我的家庭吗? 还是会孤独地死去?
As the years go by, 岁月流逝,
I hold back my tears, because if I cry I'd give in to fear. 我学会了忍住眼泪, 因为如果我哭,我就向恐惧屈服了。
hold back:n.滞留;
I must be strong, have to hold on. 我要坚强,我要坚持。
Gotta get through another year. 我要挺到 下一年。
I am a prisoner for the wrong I've done. 我因做错了事变成了犯人。
I'm doing time here. This is not my home. 我在这里过日子,但这不是我的家。
Dream of freedom, hope for mercy. 梦想获得自由,渴望得到怜悯啊。
Will I see my family or die alone? 我还能看到 我的家庭吗? 还是会孤独地死去?
I'm not saying that I'm not guilty , 我不是说我无罪。
guilty:adj.有罪的;内疚的;
I'm not saying that I shouldn't pay. 我不是说我不用付出代价。
All I'm asking is for forgiveness . 我只是想得到宽恕。
forgiveness:n.宽恕;原谅;宽宏大量
Gotta have hope I'll be free someday. 我只是想如果某天我自由了我还能有一丝希望。
Is there a place for me in the world out there? 外面的世界 会给我一点容身之地吗?
Will they ever know or care that I'm chained? 外面的人们知道或者在意我被关过吗?
Is there redemption for the sin of my younger days? 我年轻时犯的罪还可以赎回吗?
redemption:n.赎回;拯救;偿还;实践; sin:n.罪恶;罪行;过错;过失;恶行;v.犯戒律;犯过失;
Because I've changed. 因为我已经变好了啊。
Lord knows I've changed. 上帝知道我变好了啊。
Lord:n.(英国)贵族,大人,大臣;v.使成贵族;作威作福;
I am a prisoner for the wrong I've done. 我因做错了事变成了犯人。
I'm doing time here. This is not my home. 我在这里过日子。但这不是我的家。
Dream of freedom, hope for mercy. 梦想获得自由,渴望得到怜悯啊。
Will I see my family or die alone? 我还能看到 我的家庭吗? 还是会孤独地死去?
Will I see my family or die alone? 我能看到 我的家庭吗? 还是会孤独地死去?
I'm known to you as Inmate 008106. 大家叫我008106号犯人。
Inmate:n.(尤指)同院病人;同狱犯人;同被(收容所)收容者;
Incarcerated 29 years. 我被监禁了29年。
Incarcerated:v.监禁;关押;禁闭;(incarcerate的过去式和过去分词)
My name is Brenda Watkins. 我叫布伦达·沃特金斯。
I was born and raised in Hoffman, North Carolina . 我在北卡罗来纳州的霍夫曼市出生长大。
Carolina:n.卡罗莱纳州(在美国东南部);
This is not my home. 这里不是我的家。
(Applause) (掌声)
Thelma Nichols: Inmate number 0B2472. 西尔玛·尼克尔斯:我是0B2472号犯人。
I've been incarcerated for 27 years. 我已经被监禁27年了。
My name is Thelma Nichols. 我叫西尔玛·尼克尔斯。
I was born and raised in Philadelphia , P.A. 我在宾州的费城出生长大。
Philadelphia:n.费城(美国宾夕法尼亚州东南部港市);
This is not my home. 这里不是我的家。
(Applause) (掌声)
DH: 008494. DH:我是008494号。
I've been incarcerated for 27 years. 我已经被监禁27年了。
My name is Dannielle Hadley. 我叫丹尼尔·哈德利。
I was born and raised in Philadelphia, P.A, and this is not my home. 我在宾州的费城出生长大。 这里不是我的家。
(Applause) (掌声)
Theresa Battles: Inmate 008309. 特丽萨·贝托斯:我是008309号犯人。
I've been incarcerated for 27 years. 我被监禁27年了。
My name is Theresa Battles. 我叫特丽萨·贝托斯。
I'm from Norton, New Jersey, and this is not my home. 我来自新泽西州的诺顿, 这里不是我的家
(Applause) (掌声)
Debra Brown: I am known as Inmate 007080. 黛布拉·布朗:大家叫我007080号犯人。
I've been incarcerated for 30 years. 我已经被监禁30年了。
My name is Debra Brown. 我叫黛布拉·布朗。
I'm from Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania. 我在宾夕法尼亚州的匹兹堡出生长大。
Pittsburgh:n.匹兹堡(美国一座城市);
This is not my home. 这里不是我的家。
(Applause) (掌声)
Joann Butler: 005961. 乔安·巴特勒:我是005961号。
I've been incarcerated for 37 years. 我已经被监禁37年了。
My name is Joann Butler, and I was born and raised in Philadelphia. 我叫乔安·巴特勒, 我在费城出生长大。
This is not my home. 这里不是我的家。
(Applause) (掌声)
Diane Hamill Metzger: Number 005634. 黛安·哈米尔·梅茨格:我是005634号。
I've been incarcerated for 39 and one half years. 我已经被监禁39年半了。
My name is Diane Hamill Metzger. 我叫黛安·哈米尔·梅茨格。
I'm from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and this is not my home. 我来自宾夕法尼亚州的费城, 这里不是我的家。
(Applause) (掌声)
Lena Brown: I am 004867. 丽娜·布朗:我是004867号。
Incarcerated 40 years. 被监禁了40年。
My name is Lena Brown, and I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and this is not my home. 我叫丽娜·布朗, 我在宾夕法尼亚州的匹兹堡出生长大, 这里不是我的家。
(Applause) (掌声)
Trina Garnett: My number is 005545. 特瑞娜·加内特:我是005545号。
My name is Trina Garnett, 我叫特瑞娜·加内特。
I've been incarcerated for 37 years, since I was 14 years old. 我从14岁的时候就被监禁, 到现在已经37年了。
Born and raised in Chester , Pennsylvania, and this is not my home. 我在宾夕法尼亚州的切斯特出生长大。 这里不是我的家。
Chester:n.切斯特(美国港口城市);切斯特(英国一城市);
(Applause) (掌声)
Will I see my family or die alone? 我还能看到 我的家庭吗? 还是会孤独地死去?
Or die alone? 我会不会孤独地死去?
(Applause) (掌声)