|
|
The.Tomorrow.War.2021-明日之战
|
Look, I'm incredibly proud of my career in the military , and I did two combat tours, but, uh, I was never gonna be a career guy. |
我为我的军队生涯感到自豪 我服过两次兵役 但我的事业心向来不强 |
incredibly:adv.难以置信地;非常地; career:n.职业;事业;生涯;经历; military:adj.军事的;军人的;适于战争的;n.军队;军人; combat:v.战斗;防止;减轻;与…搏斗;n.战斗;搏斗;打仗;
|
I found my passion in the Army Research Lab. |
我在军队研究实验室找到了我热爱的事 |
passion:n.激情;热情;酷爱;盛怒;
|
I used my GI Bill to, uh... to go to Cal State, and I'm currently teaching high school biology . |
用安置金上了加州州立大学 目前在高中教生物 |
currently:adv.当前;一般地; biology:n.(一个地区全部的)生物;生物学;
|
Okay, Dan. I-I think Arthur's still reviewing the proposal . |
好的 丹 我觉得阿瑟还在审查提案 |
reviewing:v.复查;重新考虑;反思;评论;(review的现在分词) proposal:n.提议,建议;求婚;
|
That's great, but I have some more data, and I'm nearby , so I-I want to bring a new proposal tonight. -Let me put you on hold. |
那很好 但我有更多的数据 而且我就在附近 -我想把一个新提案给你送过去 -那你别挂断 |
nearby:adj.附近的,邻近的;adv.在附近;prep.在…附近;
|
Muri? Muri! |
缪丽 |
Okay, none of you are my child. Has anyone seen Muri? |
你们都不是我的孩子 有人见过缪丽吗 |
Coming! -Grab these. |
我来了 -拿着这些 |
I have a mission . Get those to the kitchen. |
你的任务是把那些送到厨房 |
mission:n.使命,任务;代表团;布道;v.派遣;向…传教;
|
Yes, sir. -There you are. March. |
是 长官 -很好 踏步走 |
Great party, Dan. -Oh, thank you. I appreciate ... |
派对很棒 -谢谢 |
appreciate:v.欣赏;感激;感谢;理解;
|
Your place smells amazing. -Thank you. |
这里很香 -谢谢 |
Things are heating up in this final match of the World Cup. |
世界杯总决赛的局势越来越紧张 跑过球场… |
Hey, Forester . |
嘿 弗雷斯特 |
Forester:n.林务官,护林人;森林人,森林居民;
|
Sorry, guys. Gonna steal him for a second. -Hey. Sorry, guys. |
我要借用丹一下 -抱歉 各位 |
We are out of Christmas napkins . |
圣诞餐巾纸用完了 |
napkins:n.餐巾;餐巾纸;(napkin的复数)
|
Okay, we have "I'm just here for the booze " or "Happy 70th birthday." |
这里有“我只是来吓人的” 或者“七十大寿快乐” |
booze:n.酒;酒宴;vi.豪饮;痛饮;
|
Go "Happy 70th." -Yeah. |
那就七十大寿吧 -行 |
Babe, I'm on hold right now. They're trying to track down Arthur. |
我正在通话 他们在找阿瑟 |
track:n.小道;足迹;车辙;轨道;v.追踪;跟踪;
|
Right now? -This is happening right now. |
现在 -是真的 就是现在 |
I am gonna punch you in your unfortunately very handsome face. |
我要揍你这张帅得令人惋惜的脸一拳 |
punch:n.冲床; v.拳打; (用打孔器等)打孔; unfortunately:adv.不幸地;
|
This is the call, though. I'm in the final round. |
但是这通电话能决定一切 我已经进入最后一轮了 |
This is real work in an actual lab. It's my dream. |
这是在真正的实验室做真正的工作 这是我的梦想 |
Well, Muri's dream is that you wa... - Hee-haw ! -...that you watch the game with her. |
缪丽的梦想是你跟她一起看球赛 |
Hee-haw:n.驴叫声;
|
I promise I'll be back before the end of the game. -Okay? -All right. |
比赛结束前我一定会回来 好吗 |
What's this? |
这是什么 |
Um, that's...Your-your dad sent Muri a Christmas card . |
那…你爸爸给缪丽寄了张圣诞贺卡 |
Christmas card:n.圣诞贺卡;
|
Can we talk about it tomorrow? -Hmm. |
我们明天再聊这事 行吗 |
Babe, we'll talk about it. Daniel. What? We don't have to talk. |
宝贝 我们再谈…怎么了 -我们不必谈这事 |
He's just trying to be a grandpa. |
他只是想尽爷爷的义务 |
Well, I think he forfeited the right to meet his granddaughter when he abandoned your husband. |
他抛弃你丈夫的时候 就放弃了当爷爷的权利 |
forfeited:v.(因犯错)丧失,被没收;(forfeit的过去分词和过去式) abandoned:adj.被抛弃的放纵的;v.抛弃;丢弃,离开;放弃;(abandon的过去分词和过去式)
|
Hey. No one's eating my tuna Santa. |
宝贝 没人吃我做的金枪鱼圣诞老人 |
When I come back, I'm gonna have a new job, and I'm gonna eat all of your tuna Santa. |
我回来的时候 会有一份新工作 而且我会把你做的金枪鱼圣诞老人全吃光 |
Hey, Dan. - Bye. |
嘿 丹 -回头见 |
Arthur. Hey, man. - I'm glad you called. |
阿瑟 嘿 兄弟 -很高兴你打来了 |
It's a very competitive position. -Yes, sir. |
这个职位的竞争很激烈 -是的 |
competitive:adj.竞争的;比赛的;求胜心切的;
|
And experience is everything. |
经验最重要 |
Well, I have leadership experience. I ran combat missions in Iraq. |
我有领袖经验 我在伊拉克负责过战斗任务 |
missions:n.任务; v.给…交代任务; (mission的复数)
|
Does that translate , though? It sure comes in handy teaching high school. |
那种经验能应用到其他工作吗 -对高中教学挺有帮助的 |
translate:v.翻译;被翻译;被译成;(使)转变; handy:adj.便利的;手边的,就近的;容易取得的;敏捷的;
|
Listen. You're a great candidate. |
听着 你是个出色的候选人 |
The only thing you're missing is private sector experience. |
你唯一缺乏的是在私人企业的工作经验 |
private sector:n.(国家经济的)私营部分;
|
Which we have to say is an important part of what we're looking for. |
我们要招的人必须有私企经验 这非常重要 |
No, guys, guys... |
各位… |
And that's why we had to make a tough choice. |
所以我们不得不做出了一个艰难的选择 |
We found someone else. |
我们找到了别的人选 |
His background and education--he's just a better fit for us. |
他的背景和学历都更适合我们 |
Sorry, Dan. Good luck. |
对不起 丹 祝你好运 |
Yeah. |
好吧 |
Of course you're not the guy. |
你当然不适合了 |
You are such an idiot . |
你真是个白痴 |
idiot:n.笨蛋,傻瓜;白痴;
|
Sorry. |
对不起 |