|
|
The.Neighborhood-东邻西舍
|
Hey, Grover , we're almost there. |
葛罗弗 我们马上就要到了 |
Grover:n.格鲁佛氏;调弦系统;卷弦器;
|
Check out our new neighborhood . |
看看我们的新社区吧 |
neighborhood:n.附近;地区;街坊;adj.附近的;
|
I guess it looks cool. |
我看着还行 |
I'll tell Grammy how nice it is so she won't be worried we moved. |
我会告诉奶奶这儿挺好的 这样她就不会担心我们搬走了 |
Grammy:n.留声机(等于gramophone);(外)祖母;老太太(等于grandmother);
|
Aw, did Grammy tell you she was worried? |
奶奶说了她很担心吗 |
She said she wishes we didn't have to live so far away. |
她说不希望我们搬得这么远 |
She also wishes we weren't moving to a black neighborhood. |
她还说不希望我们搬到黑人社区 |
I am really gonna miss your mom. - ?Okay. |
我会想你的妈的 -好吧 |
Buddy , I-I wouldn't call it a black neighborhood. |
小家伙 我可不会把这里叫做黑人社区 |
Buddy:n.伙伴,好朋友;密友;小男孩;v.做好朋友,交朋友;
|
Really? He's black. He's black. |
真的吗 他是黑人 他也是黑人 |
She's black. |
她还是黑人 |
Would you look at over there? That's a palm tree. |
看那 那儿有棵棕榈树 |
palm:n.手掌;手心;棕榈树;v.把…藏在手中(尤指玩戏法);
|
Oh, yeah, right next to that black guy. |
真的诶 就在那个黑人旁边 |
All right, son. |
好了 儿子 |
It's time to set up for Yardecue Day. |
该为院烤日做准备了 |
Got to get the tables, fire up the smoker, and prep the meats. |
摆好桌子 生上火 准备肉 |
prep:n.预备;预习;准备功课;v.上预备学校;作好准备;
|
Yeah. That sounds like a whole lot. |
是啊 听上去有一大堆事要做 |
You'd better get busy. |
你赶紧忙活起来 |
What's so important on your phone? |
你手机这么重要吗 |
I know it's not looking for a job. |
反正你肯定不是在找工作 |
It's a video talking about evolution . |
是一个关于进化的视频 |
evolution:n.演变;进化;发展;渐进;
|
It says the number one key to survival is being able to adapt to change. |
上面说生存的第一法则 就是要学会适应变化 |
survival:n.幸存,残存;幸存者,残存物; adapt:vt.使适应;改编;vi.适应;
|
You know, the number one key to your survival is getting your butt up and helping me stack some wood. |
你现在的生存第一法则 就是赶紧站起来帮我堆柴火 |
butt:n.屁股;烟头;笑柄;靶垛;粗大的一端;v.以头抵撞;碰撞; stack:n.堆栈;一摞;大量;许多;v.(使)放成整齐的一叠(或一摞,一堆);
|
Hey, hey, Pop, look. |
老爹啊 |
I hate stacking that wood, man. There's always spiders . |
我讨厌堆柴火 那儿全是蜘蛛 |
stacking:n.[交]堆垛;v.堆叠,堆积(stack的现在分词); spiders:n.蜘蛛(spider的复数)
|
Exactly. That's why you're stacking the wood |
对啊 所以才要你来堆 |
Six, seven, eight... |
六 七 八 |
Sweetie, please stop counting black people. |
宝贝 别再数黑人了行吗 |
Okay, just because there's more diversity here doesn't mean we won't get along with everyone. |
好吧 虽然这里的人种和我们不同 并不代表我们就和他们合不来 |
diversity:n.差异(性):多样性:多样化:
|
Inside of all these homes are people and families that are just like us. |
在这些房子里 住着的都是和我们一样的家庭 |
Plus, my new school where you're gonna go is super close by. |
再说 你要去的新学校离也我们很近 |
Yes, and that's another reason why we chose this house. |
对 这也是我们选择这里的原因 |
Grammy says that it was the only house that we could afford . |
奶奶说只有这里住得起 |
afford:v.给予,提供;买得起;
|
Wow, it's like she's still here. |
她还真是阴魂不散 |
A spider is on me! It got me! ? |
蜘蛛 蜘蛛爬我身上了 |
It's not funny, man. |
一点都不笑 |
You know, you are extra annoying on Yardecue Day. |
每次到院烤日你都超烦人的 |
extra:adj.额外的:n.额外的事物:adv.额外:另外: annoying:adj.烦人的;使生气的;使烦恼的;v.使生气;打扰;骚扰;(annoy的现在分词)
|
Son, how can you have such a bad attitude on a day like today? |
儿子啊 你今天态度怎么这么差 |
attitude:n.态度;看法;意见;姿势;
|
Yardecue Day is about bringing our community together to celebrate what makes this neighborhood special. |
院烤日的意义在于让街坊四邻齐聚一堂 以此歌颂让我们社区变得特别的人 |
community:n.社区;[生态]群落;共同体;团体;
|
Which is? - ?Me. |
是 -我 |
Seriously, son, our family's been in this neighborhood for generations, and the culture that we helped to create is worthy of respect. |
我说真的 儿子 咱们家好几代人都住在这个社区 帮助建立的社区文化 是绝对值得尊敬的 |
worthy:adj.值得的; n.杰出人物;
|
Now you watch the firebox while I go in and season the meat. |
你看好烤箱 我进去给肉调调味 |
firebox:n.燃烧室;火室;
|
Oh, boy, you mean I actually get to touch the smoker? |
你是说我能碰烤台 |
No, you don't get to touch the smoker. |
不能碰 |
I said watch the smoker. Don't touch the smoker. |
我让你看烤台 没让你碰 |
I'm the only one touches the smoker. |
只有我才能碰 |