|
|
The.Marvelous.Mrs.Maisel-了不起的麦瑟尔夫人
|
Shh! |
嘘 |
Who gives a toast at her own wedding? |
谁会在自己的婚礼上致祝酒词呢 |
toast:n.干杯; v.为…干杯;
|
I mean, who does that? |
我是说 谁会那么做啊 |
Who stands in the middle of a ballroom after three glasses of champagne on a completely empty stomach... |
谁会站在舞厅中央 往空空如也的胃里 灌下三杯香槟 |
ballroom:n.舞厅;跳舞场; champagne:n.香槟酒;香槟酒色;
|
and I mean completely empty because fitting into this dress required no solid food for three straight weeks. |
我是说 空得不能再空 因为为了塞进这条裙子 要整整三周不能吃固态食物 |
fitting:adj.适合的;恰当的;n.试衣;小配件,附件;v.适合,合身;试穿;(fit的现在分词)
|
Who does that? |
谁这么想不开 |
I do. |
是我 |
This day is perfect. |
今天是完美的一天 |
It's like a dream... |
就像做梦一样 |
or a nightmare if you're my father. |
如果你是我爸的话 那可能是个噩梦 |
nightmare:n.恶梦;梦魇般的经历;adj.可怕的;噩梦似的;
|
'"How much for the flowers?" |
这些花多少钱 |
'"Who eats mushroom caps?" |
谁会吃蘑菇啊 |
'"Do the caterers have any idea what the Jews just went through a few years ago?" |
这些厨师到底知不知道 几年前犹太人经历了什么 |
caterers:n.(婚礼等的)酒席承办商,饮食服务公司;(caterer的复数)
|
Two cakes, one for eating. |
两个蛋糕 能吃一个 |
We're very happy. |
我们就很开心了 |
This day has been long in planning. |
这一天我们筹备了很久 |
Anyone who knows me knows I plan. |
认识我的人都知道我是怎么计划的 |
At 6 I decided Russian literature would be my major. |
六岁时我就决定大学专业是俄罗斯文学 |
literature:n.文学;文献;文艺;著作;
|
At 12 I found my signature haircut. |
十二岁时我找到了最适合我的发型 |
signature:n.署名;签名;信号;
|
At 13 I announced |
十三岁时 我宣布 |
I was going to Bryn Mawr College. |
我要去布林茅尔学院 |
In Katharine Hepburn's old room. |
就在凯瑟琳 赫本住过的宿舍 |
From Day 1 I knew that decision was a charmed one. |
从第一天起 我就知道 那是个令我心醉神迷的决定 |
charmed:adj.让人心醉的,迷人的; v.吸引; (charm的过去分词和过去式)
|
? Did you say ? |
? 你可曾说过 ? |
? I've got a lot to learn? ? |
? 我将漫步知识的海洋 ? |
First of all , my roommate Petra was friendly and fat, which was perfect. I'll have someone to eat with who won't steal my boyfriend. |
首先 我的室友佩特拉人好又胖 这太好了 我们能一起吃饭 又不怕她抢我男友 |
First of all:adv.首先;
|
It smells so good. |
闻起来真棒 |
The campus was old and elegant , with ivy- covered buildings and stained glass windows and... |
校园古老而优雅 藤蔓爬满墙 彩色玻璃窗 还 |
campus:n.(大学)校园;大学,大学生活;校园内的草地; elegant:adj.高雅的,优雅的;讲究的;简炼的;简洁的; stained glass:na.有色[彩色]玻璃;
|
Monogrammed butter pats . |
印花的黄油 |
Monogrammed:adj.有交织字母的;有花押字的; pats:n.拍打;一小块黄油;v.(喜爱地)轻拍;(pat的复数和第三人称单数)
|
What? |
什么 |
This was a magical place where butter was beautiful and I would solve the mysteries of the universe and meet brilliant women, kindred spirits who would explore this brave new world with me. |
真是个令人着迷的地方 有着漂亮的黄油 而我将在此探寻宇宙的奥秘 结识杰出的女性 志趣相投的人 她们将与我一同探寻这美丽新世界 |
kindred:adj.同类的;血缘的;同族的;n.家族;相似;亲属关系; explore:v.探索:探测:探险:
|
Ooh! My God, it's burning. |
哦 天哪 痛死我了 |
It's supposed to. It's bleach . |
本来就这样 这是漂白剂 |
supposed:adj.误信的;所谓的;v.认为;假设;设想;(suppose的过去分词和过去式) bleach:n.漂白剂;v.(使)变白,漂白,晒白,退色
|
It's awful. I hate you for this. |
太可怕了 都怪你给我弄这个 |
It was your idea. - Never listen to me. |
这是你的主意 - 再也不要听我的了 |
I'm nuts. |
我真是疯了 |
Why aren't you in pain? |
为什么你不痛 |
I'm from Kansas . |
我可是从堪萨斯来的 |
Kansas:n.堪萨斯州(美国州名);
|
I don't know what that means. |
我不知道那是什么意思 |
How much longer? - Ten minutes. |
还要多久 - 十分钟 |
Jiminy Crickets . |
受不了了 |
Jiminy:int.天啊(表示温和的惊讶所用感叹词); Crickets:n.[昆]蟋蟀(cricket的复数形式);
|