|
|
The.Jungle.Book.2016-奇幻森林
|
Many strange tales are told of this Jungle ... |
这片森林里有许多离奇的故事 |
Jungle:n.密林;尔虞我诈的环境;危险地带;
|
but none so strange... |
但最离奇的 |
as the tale of the cub we call Mowgli. |
就是我们叫他毛克利的人孩的故事 |
cub:n.(熊、狮、狐狸等的)幼兽;v.(野兽)生仔;捉幼狐[幼兽];adj.没经验的;
|
You must be the very worst wolf I've ever seen. |
你绝对是我见过的最差劲的狼 |
Yeah, but if that branch didn't break, I would've made it. |
可是要是那根树枝没断 我应该能逃掉 |
Crossing upwind , breaking from your numbers. |
逆风而动,脱离族群 |
upwind:n.逆风;adj.逆风的;adv.逆风地;
|
If you can't learn to run with the Pack... |
如果你不学会跟狼群一起行动 |
one of these days, you'll be someone's dinner. |
你会变成别人的盘中餐的 |
How'd we do? - Not Mowgli, again. |
我们怎么样 - 不算,毛克利 |
He's never gonna make the Council . - Let's go! |
反正他也进不了议会 - 我们走 |
Council:n.(市、郡等的)政务委员会;市政(或地方管理)服务机构;
|
Race you to the top! |
去地狱议会 |
It was higher ground. |
我占据了制高点 |
Wolves don't hide in trees. |
狼是不会躲到树上的 |
I can't keep up with them, Bagheera. |
我跟不上他们,巴希拉 |
keep up with:赶得上;和…保持联系;
|
I tried. I just picked the wrong tree. |
我尽力了,可惜我爬错了树 |
It was a dead tree. |
那是棵死树 |
How was I supposed to know it was dead? |
我怎么知道它是死是活 |
supposed:adj.误信的;所谓的;v.认为;假设;设想;(suppose的过去分词和过去式)
|
It had a fig vine . |
那树上有无花果藤 |
fig:n.无花果 vine:n.藤;葡萄树;藤本植物;攀缘植物;vi.长成藤蔓;爬藤;
|
Any tree girdled by a creeper is either dead or close to it. |
凡是被匍匐枝缠绕的树 不是死了,就是快死了 |
girdled:n.腰带;围绕物;妇女紧身褡;vt.围绕;绕…而行;用带子捆扎; creeper:n.爬行者;[植]匍匐植物;定速运送器;
|
These are things a wolf must know. - Yeah. |
这些都是狼必须要知道的 - 是啊 |
But if the branch didn't break, I would've made it. |
要是那根树枝不断 我应该能跑掉 |
I realise you weren't born a wolf but couldn't you at least act like one? |
我知道你不是生下来就是狼 你不能表现得像一点吗 |
When I found him many years ago... |
很多年前 当我发现他的时候 |
he was just an infant , abandoned in the woods. |
他只是个被遗弃的森林里的婴儿 |
infant:n.婴儿;幼儿;未成年人;adj.婴儿的;幼稚的;初期的;未成年的; abandoned:adj.被抛弃的放纵的;v.抛弃;丢弃,离开;放弃;(abandon的过去分词和过去式)
|
Get the deer! |
抓住那只鹿! |
If he was going to survive... |
我很清楚如果他想活下来 |
I knew he needed a people. |
就必须得有个族群 |
A people to protect him. |
一个可以保护他的族群 |
That's why I entrusted him to the wolves. |
所以我就把他托付给了狼群 |
entrusted:v.委托;交托;托付;(entrust的过去式和过去分词)
|
Look well, wolves. |
不错,伙计们 |
Akela was a just and noble leader. |
阿克拉是个公正,高尚的首领 |
noble:adj.高尚的;贵族的;惰性的;宏伟的;n.贵族;
|
He allowed Mowgli to dwell among them, all those years. |
他一直允许毛克利跟族群生活在一起 |
dwell:v.居住;栖身;
|
The trouble was, wolves grew so fast... |
但问题是小狼们长速惊人 |
and Mowgli... |
可毛克利呢 |
let's just say he liked to take his time. |
这么说吧 他长得真可以说是不缓不慢 |
Mowgli, pick me up high! |
毛克利,把我举高高吧 |
My turn! - Stop. Not now. |
轮到我了 - 别这样,现在不行 |
It was Raksha who raised him. |
拉克莎把他抚养长大 |
She was the only mother he ever knew |
她是毛克利认为的母亲 |
Come on, let's play! - I don't feel like playing, Gray. |
到我了,来吧,我们一起玩吧 - 我不想玩,科雷 |
Come on, you're my brother. You have to play with me. |
你是我的兄弟,必须得跟我玩 |
Let's go chase some mice. |
我们去追老鼠吧 |
How did it go? |
今天怎么样 |
Caught me again. |
他又抓住我了 |
If it's meant to be... |
如果这是注定的 |
it will be. |
就一定会发生 |
Let me hear the Law. |
背一遍法则我听听 |
'"This is the Law of the Jungle "as old and as true as the sky. |
本法则是森林法则 如上苍一般古老正确 |
'"The Wolf that keeps it will prosper ... |
遵循的狼将繁荣昌盛 |
prosper:v.繁荣;成功;发达;兴旺;
|
'"but the Wolf that breaks it will die. |
违反的狼必招致灭绝 |
'"Like the creeper that girdles the tree trunk... |
似匍匐植物缠绕树干 |
girdles:n.束腰紧身衣; v.围绕;
|
'"the Law runneth over and back. |
森林法则也左右不宁 |