|
|
The.Good.Wife-傲骨贤妻
|
The Good Wife S01E01 |
《傲骨贤妻》第一季 第一集 |
Good morning. |
早上好 |
An hour ago, I resigned as state's attorney of Cook County . |
一小时前 我辞去了库克县州检察官职务 |
resigned:adj.逆来顺受的;顺从的;v.辞职;辞去(某职务);(resign的过去分词和过去式) attorney:n.律师(尤指代表当事人出庭者);(业务或法律事务上的)代理人; County:n.郡,县;
|
I did this with a heavy heart |
我心情沉重 |
heavy heart:沉重的心情;心情沉重;忧伤的心;
|
And a deep commitment to fight these scurrilous charges. |
将与那些诽谤性指控抗争到底 |
commitment:n.承诺;投入;保证;许诺; scurrilous:adj.下流的;说话粗鄙恶劣的;无礼的;
|
I want to be clear. |
我要强调 |
I have never abused my office. |
我从未滥用职权 |
abused:v.滥用(以致危害健康); (abuse的过去分词和过去式)
|
I have never traded lighter sentences for financial |
我从未因钱色贿赂 |
financial:adj.金融的;财政的,财务的;
|
Or sexual favors. |
而给人减刑 |
sexual:adj.性的;性别的;有性的;
|
At the same time , I need to atone for my personal failings |
但是 我愧对妻子艾丽西娅和两个孩子 |
At the same time:同时;另一方面;与此同时; atone:vt.赎罪;弥补;偿还;vi.弥补;赎回; personal:adj.个人的;身体的;亲自的;n.人事消息栏;人称代名词; failings:n.失败; prep.如果没有…; adj.失败的; v.失败;
|
With my wife, Alicia, and our two children. |
我要向他们赎罪 |
The money used in these transactions was mine... |
那些交易所涉款项 是我个人财产 |
transactions:n.处理,[图情]会报;汇报(transaction复数);
|
And mine alone. |
全都是 |
No public funds were ever utilized . |
我从未动用公款 |
funds:n.[会计]资金,现金(fund的复数);基金;v.资助(fund的三单形式);提供资金; utilized:adj.被利用的;v.利用(utilize的过去分词);
|
But I do admit to a failure of judgment in my privity with these women. |
但我承认 我与那些女人确实存在不正当关系 |
judgment:n.判断;裁判;判决书;辨别力; privity:n.私下知悉;共同利益关系;
|
Alicia and I... |
我和艾丽西娅 |
Ask that the press please respect our privacy . |
请求媒体尊重我们的隐私 |
privacy:n.隐私;秘密;隐居;隐居处;
|
Give us time to heal . |
给我们时间平复伤痛 |
heal:v.复原;治疗(病人);使又愉快起来;(使)结束
|
With the love of god, and the forgiveness of my family, |
有上帝的保佑和家人的宽恕 |
forgiveness:n.宽恕;原谅;宽宏大量
|
I know I can rebuild their trust. |
我相信能赢回他们的信任 |
I want to thank the people of Chicago. |
我要感谢芝加哥民众 |
It has been an honor to serve you. |
很荣幸为你们服务 |
And I pray that one day, |
我希望有朝一日 |
I may serve you again. Thank you. |
能再次为你们服务 谢谢 |
Sir! Are you still involved with prostitutes , sir? |
请问你和妓女还保持着关系吗 |
involved:adj.有关的; v.涉及; (involve的过去式和过去分词) prostitutes:n.卖淫者;妓女v.滥用才能;出卖肉体(prostitute的第三人称单数和复数)
|
How many were there, sir? |
你与多少女人有染 |
Will you ever try to hold public office again? |
你还会再担任公职吗 |
Sir! Answer the question! |
请回答 |
We have interviews set up with the Tribune and Channel Four. |
已经安排了《论坛报》和第四频道的采访 |
interviews:n.面试; v.对(某人)进行面试(或面谈); Tribune:n.护民官;讲坛;看台;公民权利保护者;
|
Absolutely not . I'm not doing any more interviews. |
我绝对不再接受任何采访 |
Absolutely not:绝对不会;绝对不是;绝对不行;
|
I want you to cancel all of them. That's it. |
全都给我取消 |
I'll tell Channel Two |
我会告诉第二频道 |
We don't have a comment at the present time. |
我们现在无可奉告 |
But we emphatically question the authenticity of this thing. |
但就此事的真实性深表怀疑 |
emphatically:adv.着重地;强调地;断然地; authenticity:n.真实性,确实性;可靠性;
|
You all right? |
你没事吧 |
Mrs. Florrick, how long have you known |
福瑞克夫人 |
Your husband was having an affair? |
你何时知道丈夫有外遇的 |
How are you going to protect your children? |
你打算怎么保护你的孩子 |
Excuse me, isn't the staff meeting at 9:30? |
请问 不是9点半开会吗 |
You're in the wrong conference room. It's up one floor. |
不是这间会议室 在楼上呢 |
conference:n.会议;研讨会;商讨会;体育协会(或联合会)
|
God... |
天啊 |
This is a major class action . |
这是一项大型集团诉讼 |
class action:集体诉讼;
|
A case that could propel us to the top rank of full service firms, |
能帮我们奠定顶级律所的地位 |
propel:v.推进;驱使;激励;驱策;
|
And I don't think I need to remind you |
这对年终奖金的影响 |
remind:v.提醒;使想起;
|
What that will do to your year-end bonuses. |
不用我多说了吧 |
year-end:adj.年终的;n.年终;
|
Anyway, Sheffrin-Marks fired their last firm |
不过 谢弗林公司解聘了上一家律所 |
Because they took their eye off the ball. |
是因为他们不够专心 |
So, until further notice, |
所以 除非另行通知 |
Your personal lives have been cancelled. |
你们的私生活全都取消了 |
So, we'll need some of you |
你们有些人 |
To help out with the lower profile client work |
要去帮着处理小客户案件 |
profile:n.轮廓;简介;形象;外形;v.扼要介绍;概述;写简介; client:n.[经]客户;顾客;委托人;
|
To free up our top litigators . |
让我们的顶级律师腾出手来 |
litigators:n.诉讼律师;诉讼人;
|
Ed, you take the witness prep on highway redistribution . |
艾迪 公路再分配案你去准备证词 |
witness:n.证人;目击者;证据;v.目击;证明;为…作证; prep:n.预备;预习;准备功课;v.上预备学校;作好准备; redistribution:n.[经]重新分配;
|
Don, you take the Brighton criminal. |
东 布赖顿的犯人交给你了 |
Brighton:n.布莱顿(英国南部城市);
|