返回首页

The.Good.Place-善地

Eleanor? 埃莉诺
Come on in. 进来吧
Hi, Eleanor. I'm Michael. 你好 埃莉诺 我是迈克尔
How are you today? 你今天感觉如何
I'm great. Thanks for asking. 挺好的 多谢关心
One question. 我有个疑问
Where am I? 我在哪儿
Who are you? And what's going on? 你是谁 这是怎么回事
Right, so, you, Eleanor Shellstrop, are dead. 是这样 你 埃莉诺.谢尔斯卓普 已经去世了
Your life on Earth has ended, and you are now in the next phase of your existence in the universe. 你在地球上的生命已经完结 你现在进入到了 人类存在形式的下一阶段
phase:n.阶段;时期;月相;(月亮的)盈亏;v.分阶段进行;逐步做;
Cool. 了解
Cool. I have some questions. 真棒 我有些疑问
Thought you might. 我想也是
How did I die? 我怎么死的
I-I don't remember. 我不记得了
Yes... in cases of traumatic or embarrassing deaths, we erase the memory to allow for a peaceful transition . 是这样的 考虑到心理创伤或死亡过于尴尬 我们抹掉了记忆 让人们得以平和地过渡
traumatic:adj.外伤的;创伤的;n.外伤药; embarrassing:adj.令人尴尬的; v.使尴尬; (embarrass的现在分词) erase:vt.抹去;擦除;vi.被擦去,被抹掉; transition:n.过渡;转变;变革;变迁;v.经历转变过程;过渡;
Are you sure you want to hear? 你确定想听吗
All right, so you were in a grocery store parking lot . 好吧 你当时在商店的停车场
grocery:n.食品杂货店;食品杂货; parking lot:n.停车场;
You dropped a bottle of something called "Lonely Gal Margarita Mix for One." 你掉了一瓶饮品 叫做 「一人份孤独女孩玛格丽特鸡尾酒」
Margarita:n.玛格丽特酒(用果汁与墨西哥龙舌兰酒调制而成);
And when you bent down to pick it up, a long column of shopping carts that were being returned to the shopping cart collection area rolled out of control and plowed right into you. 你弯腰去捡时 一长排被送回手推车收集处的 购物手推车 不受控制地冲向了你
column:n.栏目,纵队; carts:n.运货马车; v.用马车运送; (cart的第三人称单数和复数) plowed:v.耕地;开路;破浪前进;(plow的过去分词和过去式)
That's how I died? 我是这么死的
No, sorry, there's more. 不 抱歉 还没说完
You were able to grab on to the front of the column of shopping carts, but it swept you right out into the street where you were struck and killed by a mobile billboard truck advertising an erectile dysfunction pill called "Engorge-ulate." 你勉强抓住了那排购物车的前端 但却被甩到了道路中间 然后被一辆贴有名为「想变大」的 勃起功能障碍药品广告的流动广告卡车撞击身亡
grab:v.攫取;霸占;将…深深吸引;n.攫取;霸占;夺取之物; swept:v.扫除(sweep的过去式和过去分词);adj.扫频的; mobile:n.手机;汽车;移动电话;adj.活跃的;可动的; billboard:n.(大幅)广告牌;v.宣传; advertising:n.做广告;广告业;广告活动;v.做广告;(advertise的现在分词) erectile:adj.勃起的;[昆]可使直立的; dysfunction:n.功能紊乱;机能障碍;官能不良;vi.功能失调;出现机能障碍;垮掉; pill:n.[医]药丸;药品;
Funnily enough, the first EMT to arrive was an ex-boyfriend of yours... 说来有趣 最先到达的急救队员是你的前男友
Funnily:adv.有趣地,滑稽地;古怪的; ex-boyfriend:n.前男友;
Okay, that's...I get it, thank you. - Okay, sorry. 好了 我知道了 谢谢 -好的 抱歉
So who was right? 哪种说法正确啊
I mean about all of this? 我是说关于这一切
Well, let's see. Hindus are a little bit right, 我想想 印度教对了一部分
Hindus:n.印度教徒;印度教的;
Muslims a little bit. 穆斯林也对了一部分
Jews, Christians, Buddhists , every religion guessed about 5%, except for Doug Forcett. 犹太教 基督徒 佛教 每个宗教都猜对了5%左右 除了道格.福赛特
Buddhists:n.佛教徒(Buddhist的复数);
Who...who's Doug Forcett? 道格.福赛特是谁
Well, Doug was a stoner kid who lived in Calgary during the 1970s. 道格是1970年代 住在卡尔加里的一个常嗑嗨的年轻人
stoner:n.碎石机;看似吸了很多毒品的人; Calgary:n.卡尔加里(加拿大西南部城市);
One night, he got really high on mushrooms, and his best friend, Randy, said, "Hey, what do you think happens after we die?" 有一晚 他吃毒蘑菇致幻了 他最好的朋友兰迪说道 「你觉得我们死后会是什么样」
And Doug just launched into this long monologue where he got like 92% correct. 接着道格来了一段长独白 说对了约有92%的内容
launched:v.发射;发起;开展;开始;(launch的过去式和过去分词) monologue:n.独白;
I mean, we couldn't believe what we were hearing. 我们简直不敢相信自己的耳朵
That's him, actually, right up there. 实际上那上面就是他
He's pretty famous around here. 他在这里挺出名的
I'm very lucky to have that. 我很幸运能拥有这幅照片