|
|
Suits-诉讼双雄
|
Listening to his closing argument, |
听着他的总结陈词 |
I almost want to let him go myself, except for one thing-- He's a liar . |
我自己差点都想放他一马了 唯独有一个问题 他是个骗子 |
liar:n.说谎的人;
|
He thinks he doesn't have to play by the same rules. |
他觉得自己不用和你们遵守一样的规矩 |
But we know he does. |
但我们知道他应该 |
What did you do? - I pled guilty . |
你做了什么 -我认罪了 |
pled:v.辩护;恳求(plead的过去式和过去分词); guilty:adj.有罪的;内疚的;
|
If you think I'm gonna let you do this, you're out of your goddamn mind. |
如果你以为我会让你这么做 你就是疯了 |
goddamn:adj.该死的;讨厌的;受诅咒的;
|
He cut a deal to save this firm. |
他是为了救律所达成协议 |
cut a deal:达成协议,达成交易;最后达成决定性的协议;
|
He cut a deal to keep us from going to prison. |
他是为了不让我们进监狱达成协议 |
We give Evan people who already want to go, and I give Anita Gibbs murderers in exchange for Mike. |
把已经想走的人给伊凡 我给安妮塔.吉布斯凶手名单交换迈克 |
in exchange for:作为…的交换;
|
And what if it doesn't work and we lose everything? |
如果没效果然后我们什么都没了呢 |
what if:如果…怎么办?
|
Then we do. But if we don't try to save him, who are we? |
那就这样了 但如果没尽力救他 我们是怎样的人 |
Make the deal. |
达成协议 |
I am not letting you go to prison for a crime that I committed . |
我不会让你因为 我犯下的罪责进监狱 |
committed:adj.坚信的; v.做出错事; (commit的过去分词和过去式)
|
I'm not letting you go when you're gonna be found innocent ! |
我也不能在你会被判无罪的情况下进监狱 |
innocent:adj.无辜的;无罪的;无知的;n.天真的人;笨蛋;
|
Why the hell would you lie to me? |
你究竟为何要骗我 |
'Cause the truth would've broken you. |
因为真相会击垮你 |
You know what, Harvey? |
你知道吗 哈维 |
You want to come to my wedding, you let me know. |
你如果想参加我的婚礼 告诉我 |
I'm not trying to take your place anymore. |
我不能再什么都替你做了 |
I'm trying to get you ready because you're weak. |
我要让你做好准备 因为你太弱了 |
Harvey, I am not weak. - Yeah? Well, hit me. |
哈维 我不弱 -那好 打我啊 |
Is this what you want? |
这就是你想要的吗 |
That I hate you and that you made me do this? |
想要我恨你 想要我对你这样做吗 |
We lose everything because of you! |
我们因为你而失去一切 |
I am not saying that I don't want to get married. |
我不是说我不想结婚 |
You go finish law school. |
你去读完法学院 |
And then in two years, when I get out, if you still want to marry me... |
然后 两年后我出来 如果你还想嫁给我 |
They're all gone. |
都走了 |
Watch your back in there, Mike. |
在里面多加小心 迈克 |
I will. |
我会的 |
General wake-up for all inmates is at 6:00 A.M. |
所有犯人的起床时间是早晨六点 |
wake-up:吵醒,叫醒 inmates:n.被收容者;居民(inmate的名词复数);
|
You will be standing next to your bed at that time. |
那时你要站在床边 |
If you are not, you will face disciplinary action. |
如果没有 将会被处罚 |
disciplinary:adj.规律的;训练的;训诫的;
|
At least five inmate counts will be held during each 24-hour period at random times. |
每24小时至少会 随机清点五次人数 |
random:adj.[数]随机的;任意的;胡乱的;n.随意;adv.胡乱地;
|
You will stand still during every one of those counts. |
每次清点人数时你要立正站好 |
If you are not, you will face disciplinary action. |
如果没有 将会被处罚 |
You will be at meals on time if you want to eat. |
如果你想进食可以在规定时间内就餐 |
You will be at work on time, no matter what . |
不管有任何情况 你都需要按时上工 |
no matter what:不管什么…;
|
You will keep your cell in a clean and sanitary condition. |
你必须让你的牢房保持清洁与整齐 |
sanitary:adj.卫生的,清洁的;n.公共厕所;
|
If you fail in any of these areas, you will face... |
如果你无法做到上述任何一点 将会 |
Disciplinary action. |
被处罚 |
Good. You're getting the picture. |
很好 你学得很快 |
Do you mind if I ask what disciplinary action means? |
能不能告诉我惩罚是什么 |
Do you mind:你介意吗?;
|
Since you got the balls to ask that, |
既然你有种问 |
I'm sure you're gonna find out soon enough. |
我很确定你很快就会知道 |
What's this for? - What do you think it's for? |
这是干什么用的 -你觉得呢 |
Strip naked , put everything you own inside that bag, then follow me. |
脱光衣服 把所有东西都塞进这个袋子 然后跟我走 |
Strip:n.带; v.夺; adj.脱衣舞的; naked:adj.裸体的;无装饰的;无证据的;直率的;
|
Harvey, what are you doing here? |
哈维 你怎么在这 |