返回首页

StaceyKramer_2010-_我得过的最好礼物_

Imagine, if you will, a gift. 想象一份礼物。
I'd like for you to picture it in your mind. 我愿意为你描述一下它的样子。
It's not too big -- about the size of a golf ball. 它并不是很大, 大概只有高尔夫球大小。
So envision what it looks like all wrapped up. 包起来大概长这样。
envision:v.想象;预想; wrapped:adj.极高兴的;十分满意的;v.用…包裹;用…缠绕;(wrap的过去分词和过去式)
But before I show you what's inside, 在我让你们看里面是什么前,
I will tell you, it's going to do incredible things for you. 我想先告诉你们,这件礼物对你们一定意义非凡。
incredible:adj.难以置信的,惊人的;
It will bring all of your family together. 它可使你家人团聚。
You will feel loved and appreciated like never before and reconnect with friends and acquaintances you haven't heard from in years. 它会让你感受到从未有过的爱和感激, 正如同你与你多年未见的老友重逢时 所有的感受。
appreciated:v.欣赏;感激;理解;(appreciate的过去分词和过去式) reconnect:v.使再接合; acquaintances:n.认识的人;熟人;略有交情;(对某事物的)了解;(acquaintance的复数)
Adoration and admiration will overwhelm you. 你的内心将 充盈着爱慕之情。
Adoration:n.崇拜;爱慕; admiration:n.钦佩;赞赏;羡慕;赞美; overwhelm:v.压倒;难以禁受;击败;征服;淹没;
It will recalibrate what's most important in your life. 你会重新检视到底何为生命最珍贵的馈赠。
recalibrate:vt.重新校准,再校准;重校准;
It will redefine your sense of spirituality and faith . 你会重新定义 灵性和信仰的看法。
redefine:vt.重新定义; spirituality:n.灵性;精神性; faith:n.信心;信任;宗教信仰;
You'll have a new understanding and trust in your body. 你对你的身体 也会有全新认知和感受。
You'll have unsurpassed vitality and energy. 你会有无可匹敌的生命力和能量。
unsurpassed:adj.非常卓越的;未被超越的; vitality:n.活力,生气;生命力,生动性;
You'll expand your vocabulary, meet new people, and you'll have a healthier lifestyle. 你将扩展你的语汇, 去结交新的朋友, 你会拥有更健康的生活方式。
expand:v.扩张;使膨胀;详述;发展;张开,展开;
And get this, you'll have an eight-week vacation of doing absolutely nothing. 当你得到这件礼物时, 你将会有八个礼拜的假期, 什么事都不需要做。
absolutely:adv.绝对地;完全地;
You'll eat countless gourmet meals. 你将享用无尽的美酒佳肴;
countless:adj.无数的;数不尽的; gourmet:n.美食家;菜肴精美的;
Flowers will arrive by the truckload . 会收到好几卡车的花。
truckload:n.一货车的容量;货车荷载;
People will say to you, "You look great. Have you had any work done?" 人们会对你说 “你看起来气色真不错!你最近在做什么呢?”
And you'll have a lifetime supply of good drugs. 你还会得到 吃不完的好药。
You'll be challenged, inspired , motivated and humbled . 你会得到新的挑战和启发, 也会产生新的动力,同时变得更谦虚。
inspired:adj.受到启发的; v.鼓舞; (inspire的过去分词和过去式) motivated:adj.有动机的; v.使产生动机; humbled:使...卑下;轻松打败(尤指强大的对手);贬低(humble的过去式和过去分词);
Your life will have new meaning. 你的生命将被赋予新的意义。
Peace, health, serenity , happiness, nirvana . 平和、健康、 宁静、快乐、 重生。
serenity:n.平静,宁静;晴朗,风和日丽; nirvana:n.涅槃;天堂;
The price? 这礼物的价格?
$55,000. 五万五千美金。
And that's an incredible deal. 这真是一笔好买卖。
By now I know you're dying to know what it is and where you can get one. 我想你现在一定很想知道 这到底是什么,在哪里可买到。
Does Amazon carry it? 亚马逊上有么?
Amazon:亚马逊;古希腊女战士;
Does it have the Apple logo on it? 上面有苹果的标志么?
logo:n.标志;
Is there a waiting list ? 要排队等货么?
waiting list:n.(服务或医疗的)等候者名单;
Not likely. 不太可能。
This gift came to me about five months ago. 我大概是五个月前得到这份礼物的。
It looked more like this when it was all wrapped up -- not quite so pretty. 包裹起来的话,差不多是这个样子的。 并不是很漂亮。
And this. 再来是这样。
And then this. 再这样。
It was a rare gem , a brain tumor , hemangioblastoma , the gift that keeps on giving. 这个稀有珍宝, 是个脑瘤, 成血管细胞瘤, 一个让你收获不断的礼物。
gem:n.宝石,珍宝; vi.点缀; adj.最佳品质的; tumor:n.肿瘤;肿块;赘生物; hemangioblastoma:n.成血管细胞瘤;
And while I'm okay now, 我现在已痊愈了,
I wouldn't wish this gift for you. 不过我并不希望你得到这份礼物。
I'm not sure you'd want it. 我不确定你想不想要。
But I wouldn't change my experience. 但是我不会希望这一切再次发生。
It profoundly altered my life in ways I didn't expect in all the ways I just shared with you. 这件事彻底改变了我的人生, 带来了我刚跟你们讲的那些改变, 这都是我从未预料到的。
profoundly:adv.深刻地;深深地;极度地; altered:adj.改变了的:v.(使)改变,更改,改动:(alter的过去分词和过去式)
So the next time you're faced with something that's unexpected , unwanted and uncertain , consider that it just may be a gift. 所以下次, 万一你必须面对出乎意料的事, 不管你不要或是不确定的, 你都可以把它 当成是一份礼物。
unexpected:adj.意外的,想不到的; unwanted:adj.不需要的;有害的;讨厌的;空闲的; uncertain:adj.无常的;含糊的;靠不住的;迟疑不决的;
(Applause) (掌声)