|
|
Soul.2020-心灵奇旅.
|
All right, let's try somethin' else. |
好吧,我们试试另外一首 |
Uh, from the top. Ready. One, two, three. |
呃,从头开始。预备, 一,二,三 |
One, two, three, four. |
一,二,三,四 |
Stay on the beat. |
保持节奏 |
Two, three, four. |
二,三,四 |
That's C-sharp, horns . |
这里是升C调,小号 |
horns:n.喇叭; v.截锯…的角;
|
Two, three... I see you, Caleb. |
二,三... 我看着你呢,卡莱布 |
Rachel, now you. |
瑞秋,该你了 |
Forgot my sax, Mr. G. |
我忘记带萨克斯了,G 先生 |
Okay, she forgot her sax. And now, all you, Connie. |
好吧,她忘带萨克斯了。轮到你了,康妮 |
Go for it ! |
加油! |
Go for it:努力争取;加油;
|
Way to go! |
好棒哟! |
Hang on, hang on. What are y'all laughing at? |
等等,等等。你们在笑什么? |
So Connie got a little lost in it. |
康妮只是有点忘我了 |
That's a good thing. |
这是件好事 |
Look, I remember one time my dad took me to this jazz club, and that's the last place I wanted to be. |
听着,我记得有一次 我爸爸带我去了爵士俱乐部 那是我最不想去的地方 |
But then I see this guy, and he's playing these chords with fourths on it, and then with the minor ... |
但后来我看到这个人 他用四分音符弹奏这些和弦 然后加上小调 |
chords:n.[数]弦(乐器上的,chord的复数);和弦; minor:adj.未成年的; n.未成年人; vi.副修;
|
Oh, oh, whoo. |
哦,哦,喔 |
Then he adds the inner voices, and it's like he's... |
接着他加入了内心的声音,仿佛他... |
inner:n.内部;射中接近靶心部分的一发;adj.里面的;向内的;内部的;接近中心的;
|
It's like he's singing. |
仿佛他在唱歌一样 |
And I swear, the next thing I know... |
我发誓,之后我只记得... |
...it's like he floats off the stage. |
…好像他从舞台上飘了下来 |
That guy was lost in the music. |
那个人忘我在音乐里 |
He was in it, and he took the rest of us with him. |
不仅他忘我了,他把我们所有人也带进去了 |
And I wanted to learn... |
于是我也想学会... |
...how to talk like that. |
…像他那样演奏 |
That's when I knew... |
那一刻我意识到... |
I was born to play. |
我就是为此而生的 |
Connie knows what I mean. Right, Connie? |
康妮懂我的意思。对吧,康妮? |
I'll be right back. Practice your scales . |
我马上回来。练习你们的音阶吧 |
scales:n.规模范围; v.攀登; (scale的第三人称单数和复数)
|
Sorry to interrupt , Mr. Gardner . |
抱歉打扰了,加德纳先生 |
interrupt:v.中断;打断;插嘴;妨碍;n.中断; Gardner:n.加德纳;
|
You're doing my ears a favor. |
你帮了我的耳朵一个忙 |
Hey! -Not you, though, you're good. |
嘿! -没说你,虽然,你很好 |
He's not. |
他并不好 |
What can I do for you, Principal Arroyo ? |
您找我有什么事吗,阿罗约校长? |
What can I do for:我能为…做什么?; Principal:adj.主要的;资本的;n.首长;校长;资本;当事人; Arroyo:n.小河;河谷;干涸沟壑;
|
I wanted to deliver the good news personally . |
我想亲自传达这个好消息 |
personally:adv.个人;亲自;本人;就本人而言;
|
No more part-time for you. |
你不用再做兼职了 |
You're now our full-time band teacher. |
你现在是我们的全职乐队老师 |
full-time:adj.专职的;全日制的;全部时间的; band:n.带;波段;频带;箍;v.加彩条(或嵌条等);(将价格、收入等)划分档次;
|
Job security. |
工作保障 |
Medical insurance . Pension . |
医疗保险,退休金 |
insurance:n.保险;保险业;保险费;保费;adj.胜券在握的; Pension:n.养老金;退休金;抚恤金;adj.有关退休金的;v.给…养老金[恤金,津贴等];
|
Wow. That's, uh, great. |
哇哦。那是,呃,太好了 |
Welcome to the M.S. 70 family, Joe. Permanently . |
欢迎加入第70中学大家庭,乔。永久的 |
Permanently:adv.永久地,长期不变地;
|
Thanks. |
谢谢 |
After all these years, my prayers have been answered. |
这么多年过去了,我的祈祷得到了回应 |
A full-time job. |
一份全职工作 |
Working man, coming through. |
有职业的人,看过来 |
Yeah, Mom, but I... |
是的,妈妈,但是我... |
You're going to tell them yes, right? |
你要告诉他们 是的 ,对吗? |
Don't worry, Mom, I got a plan. |
别担心,妈妈,我有个计划 |
You always got a plan. |
你总是有计划的 |