返回首页

Smallfoot.2018-雪怪大冒险

This is my world. 这是我的世界
Harsh , jagged , freezing. 恶劣 嵯峨 寒冷
Harsh:adj.严厉的;严酷的;刺耳的;粗糙的;刺目的; jagged:adj.锯齿状的;参差不齐的;v.使成缺口;使成锯齿状(jag的过去式);
And I gotta say, it's awesome ! 不得不说 这简直太棒了
awesome:adj.令人敬畏的;使人畏惧的;可怕的;极好的;
It's got everything. 这里什么都有
Ice, rocks, ice, snow, ice. It's got a lot of ice. 冰 岩石 冰 雪 冰 有好多冰
Plenty of modern amenities . 很多现代化设施
amenities:n.生活福利设施;便利设施;舒适;礼仪;(amenity的复数)
And the best part, everyone's happy. 最棒的是 大家都很快乐
That's because our world is built on a foundation of stones. 那是因为我们的世界是建立在石头之上的
foundation:n.基础;地基;基金会;根据;创立;
Not those. These. 不是那些 是这些
See, we have these laws that are written in stone. 我们有书写在石头上的律法
Literally , written in stone! 真正的书写在石头上
Literally:adv.按字面:字面上:确实地:
Interpreted and enforced by the Stonekeeper. 由守石人解释并执行
Interpreted:v.诠释;说明;把…理解为;领会;口译;(interpret的过去式和过去分词) enforced:adj.强迫的;强制性的;v.强制执行;迫使;(enforce的过去分词和过去式)
The stones are here to protect us and keep us safe. 这些石头是保护我们安全的
They pretty much tell us everything that we need to know. 它们基本能告诉我们需要知道的一切
Important stuff , like how the world was created when we all fell from the butt of the great sky yak and how our world is an island that floats on a sea of endless clouds, resting on the backs of the great mountain mammoths . 重要的事 比如世界是如何创造的 我们都是从伟大的天之牦牛屁股上掉下来的 以及我们的世界是一座岛 它漂浮在无尽云彩组成的海上 倚靠在大山地猛犸象的背上
stuff:n.东西:物品:基本特征:v.填满:装满:标本: butt:n.屁股;烟头;笑柄;靶垛;粗大的一端;v.以头抵撞;碰撞; endless:adj.无止境的;连续的;环状的;漫无目的的; mammoths:n.长毛象;猛犸象;庞然大物;adj.巨大的,庞大的;猛犸似的;
And how we have to feed ice to the mammoths, so they don't overheat 'cause if they did, they would die, and we would all fall into the great nothing. 我们得喂猛犸象吃冰 这样它们才不会过热 否则它们会死的 那样我们就会都掉进无尽的虚无
overheat:vi.过热;愤怒起来;vt.使过热;使愤怒;n.过热;激烈;
There's nothing down here! 这里什么都没有
But my favorite stone of all is the one that says the gong must be rung to wake the great glowing snail so it can crawl across the sky and bring light to the village. 但我最喜欢的石头 上面写着必须敲响铜锣 叫醒发光的大蜗牛 让它爬过天空 给村子带来光明
gong:n.锣;钟状物;奖章;v.鸣锣传唤;.鸣锣;发出铜锣般的声音; rung:n.横档,脚蹬横木;地位;v.给…打电话(ring的过去式和过去分词); glowing:adj.灼热的;热情洋溢的;鲜艳的;v.发光;容光焕发;发热;(glow的现在分词) snail:n.蜗牛;迟钝的人;vi.缓慢移动;vt.缓慢移动; crawl:v.爬;匍匐行进;(昆虫)爬行;缓慢行进;n.爬泳;缓慢的速度;自由泳;
I love that one. 我超爱那个
It might be the most important job of all. 那可能是最重要的工作了
And, humble brag , that job belongs to my dad. 不吹不擂 那份工作刚好属于我爸爸
humble:adj.谦逊的; vt.使谦恭; brag:n.吹牛,自夸;v.吹牛,自夸;
He does it with passion , commitment and the help of his able-bodied assistant... 他向这份工作倾注了他的激情 奉献 还有他强健的助手的帮助...
passion:n.激情;热情;酷爱;盛怒; commitment:n.承诺;投入;保证;许诺; able-bodied:adj.强壮的,健全的;
Up and at them, Migo! Time to ring the gong. 起来了 米果 该敲锣了
...me. 就是我
Yes! 好嘞
I guess you could say I'm learning the ropes and the wheel and the crank because if my dad didn't ring the gong, we'd all be in the dark. 可以说 我在学习操作绳子 轮子 还有曲轴 如果我爸爸不敲锣 我们就都处在黑暗中了
wheel:车轮,转动 crank:n.曲柄;奇想;adj.易怒的;vt.装曲柄;
Launch ! 发射
Launch:v.发射(导弹,火箭等); n.发射;
It isn't easy. 这个活儿不容易
It requires skill, rock-solid nerves , and a good, strong head on your shoulders... 它需要技巧 胆量和决心 还有肩膀上的一个结实的脑袋
rock-solid:adj.坚硬如岩石的;绝对可靠的; nerves:n.神经;神经紧张;勇气;v.鼓足勇气;振作精神;(nerve的第三人称单数和复数)
...because there's literally no other way to ring a gong. 因为真的没有其它办法可以敲锣了
Oh, yeah. 搞定
It gives my dad a great sense of purpose. 这让我爸爸的生活有了重大意义
Like I said, it's an important job, a job that'll one day be mine. 我说了 这是个重要的工作 终有一天 这个工作会传给我
Whoa-hem Good one, Dam! 干得漂亮
And I can't wait for the day that it's me who gets to wake the village. 我等不及看到 我叫醒村子那天的到来了
# Look at everybody there below # # 看下面的每个人 #
# All the yetis that I love and know # # 那是我热爱并熟悉的雪人 #
yetis:n.雪人(等于AbominableSnowman);
# And they're waking up to see this awesome morning # # 他们在醒来看这美好的早上 #