返回首页

ScillaElworthy_2012X-_非暴力抗争_

In half a century of trying to help prevent wars, there's one question that never leaves me: 在为防止战争所做的半个世纪工作中, 我始终有一个问题:
How do we deal with extreme violence without using force in return? 我们在不使用暴力的情况下 如何面对极端暴力?
extreme:adj.极端的;极度的;偏激的;尽头的;n.极端;末端;最大程度;极端的事物; violence:n.暴力;侵犯;激烈;歪曲;
When you're faced with brutality , whether it's a child facing a bully on a playground or domestic violence -- or, on the streets of Syria today, facing tanks and shrapnel , what's the most effective thing to do? 当你面对暴力, 不管是一个小孩面对欺负他的小混混, 还是家庭暴力 或者是叙利亚今天的街道上 面对坦克和弹药, 最有效的方式是什么?
brutality:n.无情;残忍;暴行(需用复数形式); bully:vt.恐吓;伤害;胁迫;n.仗势欺人者;adj.快活的;盛气凌人的; domestic:n.佣人;家佣;家庭纠纷;家庭矛盾;adj.本国的;国内的;家用的;家庭的; Syria:n.叙利亚共和国; shrapnel:n.弹片;榴霰弹;零钱; effective:adj.有效的,起作用的;实际的,实在的;给人深刻印象;
Fight back? Give in? 反击?屈服?
Use more force? 使用更多暴力?
This question: "How do I deal with a bully without becoming a thug in return?" “我在不变成暴徒的情况下 如何面对威胁?”这个问题
thug:n.暴徒;恶棍;刺客;
has been with me ever since I was a child. 自从我还是孩子时就伴随着我。
I remember I was about 13, glued to a grainy black and white television in my parents' living room as Soviet tanks rolled into Budapest , and kids not much older than me were throwing themselves at the tanks and getting mown down. 我记得当我大约13岁时, 被我父母房间里的黑白电视所吸引 电视上放着苏联坦克开过布达佩斯, 和我差不多大的孩子 在坦克前逃跑 并且被碾压过去。
glued:v.(用胶水)粘合,粘牢,粘贴(glue的过去分词和过去式) grainy:adj.粒状的;木纹状的;多粒的;有纹理的; black and white:adj.印刷的;黑白混合的;用笔写的; living room:n.客厅;起居室; Soviet:adj.苏维埃的;苏联的;n.苏维埃(前苏联的各级代表会议);苏联人; Budapest:n.布达佩斯(匈牙利的首都); mown:v.割(mow的过去分词);adj.割下的;
And I rushed upstairs and started packing my suitcase . 然后我就跑上了楼梯打包我的行李。
suitcase:n.[轻]手提箱;衣箱;
And my mother came up and said, "What on Earth are you doing?" 妈妈说:“你在干什么?”
And I said, "I'm going to Budapest." 我说:“我要去布达佩斯。”
And she said, "What on Earth for?" 她说“为什么”
And I said, "Kids are getting killed there. 我说“他们在杀害那些孩子。
There's something terrible happening." 有一些可怕的事正在发生。”
And she said, "Don't be so silly." 她说“别傻了。”
And I started to cry. 然后我就开始哭。
And she got it, she said, "Okay, I see it's serious. 她懂了,说, “我知道这很严重。
You're much too young to help. 但你太小了。
You need training. I'll help you. 你需要训练。来我帮你。
But just unpack your suitcase." 但先把行李放下。”
unpack:vt.卸下…;解除…的负担;vi.打开包裹;
And so I got some training and went and worked in Africa during most of my 20s. 然后我得到了一些训练 并且在20几岁时到非洲工作。
But I realized that what I really needed to know 但我意识到我真正需要的
I couldn't get from training courses. 却是我从那些训练中得不到的。
I wanted to understand how violence, how oppression , works. 我想知道 暴力,压迫有什么作用。
oppression:n.压抑;镇压;压迫手段;沉闷;苦恼;
And what I've discovered since is this: 我发现:
Bullies use violence in three ways. 恶棍使用三种暴力。
Bullies:n.仗势欺人者;横行霸道者;v.恐吓;伤害;胁迫;(bully的第三人称单数和复数)
They use political violence to intimidate , physical violence to terrorize and mental or emotional violence to undermine . 政治暴力来威慑, 肉体暴力来恐吓, 以及精神暴力来摧毁。
intimidate:vt.恐吓,威胁;胁迫; physical:adj.[物]物理的;身体的;物质的;符合自然法则的;n.体格检查; terrorize:vt.使…恐怖;vi.实施恐怖统治; mental:adj.精神的;脑力的;疯的;n.精神病患者; emotional:adj.情绪的;易激动的;感动人的; undermine:vt.破坏,渐渐破坏;挖掘地基;
And only very rarely in very few cases does it work to use more violence. 并且用更多的暴力 几乎不起作用。
rarely:adv.很少地;难得;罕有地;
Nelson Mandela went to jail believing in violence, and 27 years later he and his colleagues had slowly and carefully honed the skills, the incredible skills, that they needed 尼尔逊·曼德拉在相信暴力时被送进了监狱, 27年后, 他和同事 已经慢慢地,很仔细地 练成了把一个穷凶极恶的政府
jail:n.监狱;监牢;拘留所;v.监禁;下狱; colleagues:n.同事;同行(colleague的复数); honed:adj.磨光的;亚光;v.把…磨光(hone的过去式及过去分词); incredible:adj.难以置信的,惊人的;
to turn one of the most vicious governments the world has known into a democracy . 变成一个 民主政府的技能。
vicious:adj.恶毒的;恶意的;堕落的;有错误的;品性不端的;剧烈的; democracy:n.民主,民主主义;民主政治;
And they did it in a total devotion to non-violence . 并且他们以一种完全非暴力的方式实现。
devotion:n.献身,奉献;忠诚;热爱; non-violence:非暴力政策;
They realized that using force against force doesn't work. 他们发现以暴制暴 不管用。
So what does work? 那什么管用?
Over time I've collected about a half-dozen methods that do work -- of course there are many more -- that do work and that are effective. 在这些年里我积累了一些管用的方法 当然方法还有很多 这些方法的确管用。
half-dozen:n.半打(等于halfadozen);adj.半打;
And the first is that the change that has to take place has to take place here, inside me. 第一个是 该发生的改变 必须发生。
take place:发生;举行;
It's my response , my attitude , to oppression that I've got control over, and that I can do something about. 我的对压迫的反应,态度就是 我必须控制, 并且我能做一些事。
response:n.响应;反应;回答; attitude:n.态度;看法;意见;姿势;
And what I need to develop is self-knowledge to do that. 我需要的就是增长知识。
self-knowledge:n.自觉,自知之明;
That means I need to know how I tick, when I collapse , where my formidable points are, where my weaker points are. 这意味着当我垮掉时 我要知道如何保持平衡, 我的优点在哪, 我的弱点在哪。
collapse:vi.倒塌;瓦解;暴跌;vt.使倒塌,使崩溃;使萎陷;折叠;n.倒塌;失败;衰竭; formidable:adj.强大的;可怕的;令人敬畏的;艰难的;
When do I give in? 我什么时候屈服?
What will I stand up for ? 我为了什么坚持?
stand up for:支持,坚持;拥护;
And meditation or self-inspection is one of the ways -- again it's not the only one -- it's one of the ways of gaining this kind of inner power. 冥想或自我反思 是一种方式——当然也不是唯一的方式—— 这是一种方式 来获得这种内在的力量。
meditation:n.冥想;沉思,深思; self-inspection:自检; inner:n.内部;射中接近靶心部分的一发;adj.里面的;向内的;内部的;接近中心的;
And my heroine here -- like Satish's -- is Aung San Suu Kyi in Burma . 我戏中的英雄是 在缅甸的Aung San Suu Kyi
heroine:n.女主角;女英雄;女杰出人物; Burma:n.缅甸(东南亚国家);
She was leading a group of students on a protest in the streets of Rangoon . 她是一群在Rangoon的学生抗议团队 的领导者。
protest:n.抗议;抗议书(或行动);反对;v.(公开)反对;抗议;申辩; Rangoon:n.仰光(缅甸首都);
They came around a corner faced with a row of machine guns. 他们面对一排机关枪,
And she realized straight away that the soldiers with their fingers shaking on the triggers were more scared than the student protesters behind her. 她立刻意识到 在扳机上手抖动的士兵 比学生抗议者更害怕。
straight away:马上;即刻; triggers:n.[电子]触发器;触发物(trigger的复数);v.引起(trigger的单三形式);引爆; protesters:n.(公开)抗议者,反对者;(protester的复数)
But she told the students to sit down. 但她告诉学生坐下。
And she walked forward with such calm and such clarity and such total lack of fear that she could walk right up to the first gun, put her hand on it and lower it. 然后她以出奇的冷静 无畏 走向第一个枪, 把她的手放上去,把枪放下来,
clarity:n.清楚,明晰;透明;
And no one got killed. 所有人都安全了。
So that's what the mastery of fear can do -- not only faced with machine guns, but if you meet a knife fight in the street. 这就是控制恐惧能做的—— 不仅当面对机关枪时, 更是当你在路上遇到刀战。
mastery:n.掌握;精通;优势;征服;统治权;
But we have to practice. 但我们必须练习。
So what about our fear? 那么我们害怕什么呢?
I have a little mantra . 我有一箴言。
mantra:n.咒语(尤指四吠陀经典内作为咒文或祷告唱念的);颂歌;
My fear grows fat on the energy I feed it. 我越害怕, 我的恐惧越大。
And if it grows very big it probably happens. 如果恐惧太大了, 不好的事情就会发生了。
So we all know the three o'clock in the morning syndrome , when something you've been worrying about wakes you up -- 我们都知道凌晨三点综合征, 当一些你担心的事把你弄醒,
syndrome:n.[临床]综合征;综合症状;并发症状;校验子;并发位;
I see a lot of people -- and for an hour you toss and turn, it gets worse and worse, and by four o'clock you're pinned to the pillow by a monster this big. 我看到许多人 你害怕一小时 然后他越来越厉害, 在四点你被一个这么大的怪兽 钉在枕头上
toss:v.扔,抛,掷;甩(使)摇摆,挥动,颠簸;摇匀;n.掷硬币决定;向上甩头;投掷 pinned:v.固定;使不能动弹;按住;钳住;(pin的过去分词和过去式) pillow:n.枕头;v.垫;枕于…;使…靠在; monster:n.怪物;恶魔;庞然大物;adj.巨大的;
The only thing to do is to get up, make a cup of tea and sit down with the fear like a child beside you. 唯一能做的 就是起床,冲杯茶, 然后和恐惧一起坐下,
You're the adult. 你是一个成人,
The fear is the child. 恐惧像孩子,
And you talk to the fear and you ask it what it wants, what it needs. 你和恐惧说话 你问他他要什么
How can this be made better? 这怎样变得更好
How can the child feel stronger? 这个孩子如何变得更强壮?
And you make a plan. 然后你有一个计划。
And you say, "Okay, now we're going back to sleep. 你说“好吧,我们要睡觉了。
Half-past seven, we're getting up and that's what we're going to do." 七点半,我们再起床。”
I had one of these 3 a.m. episodes on Sunday -- paralyzed with fear at coming to talk to you. 在周日我就有过这种经历 已经被恐惧所感到瘫痪
episodes:n.一段经历;片段,插曲;一集;(episode的复数) paralyzed:adj.瘫痪的;麻痹的;v.使麻痹;使无力;使失去勇气(paralyze的过去分词);
(Laughter) (笑声)
So I did the thing. 所以我这么做了。
I got up, made the cup of tea, sat down with it, did it all and I'm here -- still partly paralyzed, but I'm here. 我起床,冲杯茶,坐下,做了这一切 所以我在这里——仍然有些麻木,但我在这里。
(Applause) (掌声)
So that's fear. What about anger? 所以这就是恐惧。那愤怒呢?
Wherever there is injustice there's anger. 只要有不公正就有愤怒。
injustice:n.不公正;不讲道义;
But anger is like gasoline , and if you spray it around and somebody lights a match, you've got an inferno . 但愤怒像汽油, 如果你泼出汽油,然后有人点了一个火柴, 那你就在地狱里了。
gasoline:n.汽油; spray:n.喷雾; v.喷; inferno:n.阴间,地狱;
But anger as an engine -- in an engine -- is powerful. 但作为引擎,愤怒是很有力的。
If we can put our anger inside an engine, it can drive us forward, it can get us through the dreadful moments and it can give us real inner power. 如果我们能把愤怒放入引擎里, 他能带我们向前, 他能让我们走过悲惨的时刻, 能给我们真正的内部力量。
dreadful:adj.可怕的;糟透的,令人不快的;
And I learned this in my work with nuclear weapon policy-makers . 我在和核武器政策制定者的 工作中知道了这个
nuclear:adj.原子能的;[细胞]细胞核的;中心的;原子核的; policy-makers:决策者;
Because at the beginning I was so outraged at the dangers they were exposing us to that I just wanted to argue and blame and make them wrong. 因为一开始我对于 他们给我们带来的危险感到很愤怒 以至于我想辩论,责备,并且让他们感到错误。
at the beginning:首先;从一开始;起初;从头开始; outraged:adj.义愤填膺的;愤慨的,气愤的;v.使愤怒(outrage的过去式,过去分词); exposing:v.暴露;显露;揭露;揭穿;使面临;(expose的现在分词)
Totally ineffective . 根本不管用。
ineffective:adj.无效的,失效的;不起作用的;
In order to develop a dialogue for change we have to deal with our anger. 为了开始一个带来改变的对话, 我们需要应付我们的愤怒。
It's okay to be angry with the thing -- the nuclear weapons in this case -- but it is hopeless to be angry with the people. 对此感到愤怒很正常 也就是核武器 但对人愤怒是没有用的。
They are human beings just like us. 他们和我们一样是人。
And they're doing what they think is best. 他们在做他们认为对的。
And that's the basis on which we have to talk with them. 而这就是我们和他们交流的基础。
So that's the third one, anger. 所以这就是第三个,愤怒。
And it brings me to the crux of what's going on, or what I perceive as going on, in the world today, which is that last century was top-down power. 现在我们来到了这次演讲的核心, 也就是现在在这个世界 正在发生什么, 在上个世纪是由上而下的权利。
crux:n.关键;难题;十字架形,坩埚; perceive:v.注意到;意识到;将…理解为;认为; top-down:adj.[计]自顶向下;组织管理严密的;
It was still governments telling people what to do. 过去政府仍然告诉人们该做什么。
This century there's a shift . 这个世纪有了变化。
shift:n.移动;变化;手段;轮班;v.移动;转变;转换;
It's bottom-up or grassroots power. 现在是由下而上或者说草根权利。
bottom-up:adj.[计]自底向上的;从细节到总体的; grassroots:adj.基层的;草根的;乡村的;n.草根;基础;
It's like mushrooms coming through concrete . 想从混凝土中长出的蘑菇。
concrete:n.混凝土;adj.混凝土制的;确实的,具体的;vt.用混凝土覆盖
It's people joining up with people, as Bundy just said, miles away to bring about change. 像Bundy所说,是人和人连结在一起, 来带来改变。
And Peace Direct spotted quite early on that local people in areas of very hot conflict know what to do. 和平指导这个项目很快就发现了 在冲突发生的地区的当地人 知道该做什么。
spotted:adj.有花点的;有斑点的;v.看见;看出;发现;让步;(spot的过去分词和过去式) conflict:n.冲突;矛盾;争执;抵触;v.抵触;
They know best what to do. 他们知道最好做什么。
So Peace Direct gets behind them to do that. 所以和平指导为他们提供支持。
And the kind of thing they're doing is demobilizing militias , rebuilding economies , resettling refugees , even liberating child soldiers. 他们做的是 解散军队, 重建经济, 安置难民, 甚至解放儿童军人。
militias:n.民兵;国民军;义勇军(militia的复数); economies:n.经济;经济结构;节约;(economy的复数) resettling:n.再澄清;v.再安置(resettle的ing形式); refugees:n.避难者;逃亡者;难民;(refugee的复数) liberating:v.解放;使自由;使摆脱约束(或限制);(liberate的现在分词)
And they have to risk their lives almost every day to do this. 他们为这些事必须要 冒生命风险。
And what they've realized is that using violence in the situations they operate in is not only less humane , but it's less effective than using methods that connect people with people, that rebuild. 他们已经意识到了 在这些情况下使用武力 不仅更不人道, 而且更没有效果, 和连接每个人这种方式比起来。
humane:adj.仁慈的,人道的;高尚的;
And I think that the U.S. military is finally beginning to get this. 我认为美国部队 终于开始懂得这些了。
military:adj.军事的;军人的;适于战争的;n.军队;军人; finally:adv.终于;最终;(用于列举)最后;彻底地;
Up to now their counter-terrorism policy has been to kill insurgents at almost any cost, and if civilians get in the way , that's written as " collateral damage." 直到现在为止他们的反恐政策 一直是不惜代价杀死暴乱的人, 并且如果平民在其中得到了伤害, 这会被记录为“附属伤害”。
counter-terrorism:反恐; insurgents:n.叛乱分子(insurgent的复数); civilians:n.平民;市民;文官;无军职人员;(civilian的复数) get in the way:妨碍;挡道;挡住去路;阻碍; collateral:adj.并行的;旁系的;附属的;n.抵押品;[法]担保品;旁系亲属;
And this is so infuriating and humiliating for the population of Afghanistan , that it makes the recruitment for al-Qaeda very easy, when people are so disgusted by, for example, the burning of the Koran . 这激怒并羞辱了 阿富汗人, 所以,比如,当人们被焚烧可兰经激怒时, 基地组织的扩充 就很容易了。
infuriating:adj.使人极为生气的;v.使极为生气;使大怒;(infuriate的现在分词) humiliating:adj.让人出丑的;丢脸的;v.羞辱;使丧失尊严;(humiliate的现在分词) Afghanistan:n.阿富汗(国家名称,位于亚洲); recruitment:n.补充;征募新兵; al-Qaeda:n.基地组织; disgusted:adj.厌恶的;反感的;v.使作呕;使厌恶;使反感;(disgust的过去式和过去分词) Koran:n.《可兰经》,《古兰经》(伊斯兰教);
So the training of the troops has to change. 所以部队的训练必须改变。
And I think there are signs that it is beginning to change. 我认为现在已经有改变的迹象了。
The British military have always been much better at this. 英国部队已经做得很好了。
But there is one magnificent example for them to take their cue from, and that's a brilliant U.S. lieutenant colonel called Chris Hughes. 现在他们能得到一个很好的暗示, 这就是一个美国陆军上尉, 克里斯·休。
magnificent:adj.高尚的;壮丽的;华丽的;宏伟的; cue:n.暗示;提示;信号;(戏剧的)提示;v.给(某人)暗示(或提示); lieutenant colonel:n.(美国)陆军中校;(英国)陆军中校;
And he was leading his men down the streets of Najaf -- in Iraq actually -- and suddenly people were pouring out of the houses on either side of the road, screaming, yelling, furiously angry, 他正在带领他的人在 伊拉克—— 一瞬间人们就从街道两旁的房屋中冲出来, 尖叫,呐喊,极为愤怒,
pouring:v.倾倒;倾泻;连续流出;倒出;喷发;(pour的现在分词) furiously:adv.猛烈地;狂暴地;
and surrounded these very young troops who were completely terrified, didn't know what was going on, couldn't speak Arabic. 并包围了这些已经被惊吓到的士兵, 这些士兵不知道发生了什么,也不会说阿拉伯语。
And Chris Hughes strode into the middle of the throng with his weapon above his head, pointing at the ground, and he said, " Kneel ." 克里斯·休走到人群中间 把武器举在头上,指着地面, 说“跪下”。
strode:v.大步走(stride的过去式);跨越; throng:n.人群;众多;vt.群集;挤满;vi.蜂拥而至;群集;adj.拥挤的; Kneel:v.跪;跪着;跪下;
And these huge soldiers with their backpacks and their body armor , wobbled to the ground. 然后休的士兵 带着他们的背包和武装 摇晃的趴在地上。
backpacks:n.背包(backpack的复数);双肩背包; armor:n.[军]装甲;盔甲;v.为…装甲; wobbled:v.(使)摇摆;一摇一摆地走;犹豫不决;(wobble的过去分词和过去式)
And complete silence fell. 然后没有一点声音。
And after about two minutes, everybody moved aside and went home. 两分钟过后, 人群散开并回家。
Now that to me is wisdom in action. 这在我认为就是智慧。
wisdom:n.智慧;明智;才智;学问;
In the moment, that's what he did. 在那一刻,那就是他做的。
And it's happening everywhere now. 现在在每个地方都会发生。
You don't believe me? 你不相信我?
Have you asked yourselves why and how so many dictatorships have collapsed over the last 30 years? 你有没有问过自己 为什么以及有多少独裁政府 在过去30年内倒塌了?
dictatorships:n.专政;独裁权;独裁者职位; collapsed:v.倒塌,坍塌;倒下,昏倒;坐下;(collapse的过去分词和过去式)
Dictatorships in Czechoslovakia , East Germany, 在捷克斯洛伐克,东德
Czechoslovakia:n.(前)捷克斯洛伐克;
Estonia, Latvia , Lithuania, 爱沙尼亚,拉脱维亚,立陶宛,
Latvia:n.拉脱维亚;
Mali, Madagascar, 马里,马达加斯加,
Poland , the Philippines , 波兰,菲律宾,
Poland:n.波兰(欧洲国家); Philippines:n.菲律宾;
Serbia, Slovenia, I could go on, and now Tunisia and Egypt. 塞尔维亚,斯洛维尼亚的独裁政府,我可以继续, 还有现在的突尼斯和埃及。
Tunisia:n.突尼斯(非洲国家);
And this hasn't just happened. 这还没有发生。
A lot of it is due to a book written by an 80-year-old man in Boston , Gene Sharp . 很多这些都是因为 一本在波士顿的80岁老人Gene Sharp写的书而发生的。
Boston:n.波士顿(美国城市); Gene:n.基因;遗传基因;遗传因子; Sharp:锋利的,尖的
He wrote a book called "From Dictatorship to Democracy" 书名是“从独裁到民主”
with 81 methodologies for non-violent resistance . 写了非暴力抗争的81种方法。
methodologies:n.[经]方法论(methodology的复数形式); non-violent:adj.非暴力的; resistance:n.电阻;抵抗;阻力;抗力;
And it's been translated into 26 languages. 这本书被翻译成了26种语言。
It's flown around the world. 现在在全世界流行。
And it's being used by young people and older people everywhere, because it works and it's effective. 这本书被世界各地的人使用, 因为它很有效。
So this is what gives me hope -- not just hope, this is what makes me feel very positive right now. 这本书给了我希望—— 不只是希望,这本书让我感觉到我是对的,
what gives:出了什么事; positive:adj.积极的;[数]正的,[医][化学]阳性的;确定的;n.正数;[摄]正片;
Because finally human beings are getting it. 因为人们最后正在达到它。
We're getting practical , doable methodologies to answer my question: 我们在使用实用的,可行的方法 来回答我的问题:
practical:adj.实际的;真实的;客观存在的;n.实习课;实践课; doable:adj.可做的;
How do we deal with a bully without becoming a thug? 我们在面对威胁时如何不使用暴力?
We're using the kind of skills that I've outlined : inner power -- the development of inner power -- through self-knowledge, recognizing and working with our fear, using anger as a fuel, cooperating with others, banding together with others, courage, and most importantly , commitment to active non-violence. 我们正在用我说过的方法: 内在的力量,自我了解 认识并且利用我们的恐惧, 把愤怒化作燃料, 与他人合作, 和他人结合在一起, 勇气, 以及最重要的,积极的非暴力抗争。
outlined:v.概述:显示…的轮廓:(outline的过去分词和过去式) recognizing:v.认识;认出;承认;接受,赞成(recognize的现在分词) cooperating:v.合作;协作;协助;配合;(cooperate的现在分词) banding:n.捆扎;[电子]条带;v.联合,结合(band的现在分词); and most importantly:最主要的是…; commitment:n.承诺;投入;保证;许诺;
Now I don't just believe in non-violence. 现在我不仅仅相信非暴力。
I don't have to believe in it. 我不用相信它。
I see evidence everywhere of how it works. 我已经在所有地方看到了它如何工作。
evidence:n.证据,证明;迹象;明显;v.证明;
And I see that we, ordinary people, can do what Aung San Suu Kyi and Ghandi and Mandela did. 现在我看到,我们,普通人, 能做Aung San Suu Kyi,甘地,和曼德拉所做的。
We can bring to an end the bloodiest century that humanity has ever known. 我们能终结 人类历史上见过的最血腥的时代。
bring to an end:使结束; bloodiest:adj.流血的(最高级); humanity:n.人类;人道;仁慈;人文学科;
And we can organize to overcome oppression by opening our hearts as well as strengthening this incredible resolve . 我们可以通过打开我们的心 来组织克服镇压, 同时坚定决心。
organize:v.组织;安排;处理;分配;管理; overcome:vt.克服;胜过;vi.克服;得胜; as well as:也;和…一样;不但…而且; resolve:vt.决定; vi.解决; n.坚决;
And this open-heartedness is exactly what I've experienced in the entire organization of this gathering since I got here yesterday. 这种开放的胸怀正是 我从昨天在这里在整个集会组织中所感受到的。
organization:n.组织;机构;体制;团体;
Thank you. 谢谢。
(Applause) (掌声)