|
|
Sanditon-桑迪顿
|
My dear, I think we're going the wrong way. |
亲爱的 我们是不是走错路了 |
Nonsense , my dear, this is the way. |
胡说 亲爱的 就是这条路 |
Nonsense:n.胡说;废话;adj.荒谬的;int.胡说;
|
You'll see I'm right. |
相信我不会错 |
Hold tight, dear. That's the way. |
抓紧 亲爱的 就是这条路 |
Look, Charlotte . |
快看 夏洛特 |
Charlotte:n.法国水果奶油布丁;夏洛特;
|
Who can that be? |
那会是谁呢 |
They need to slow down. They're going too fast for that track . |
他们必须减速 那条小路不能跑那么快 |
track:n.小道;足迹;车辙;轨道;v.追踪;跟踪;
|
Quick, Alison. Quickly, boys! |
快 艾莉森 快跟上 孩子们 |
Are you all right? |
你们还好吗 |
Good boy. - Is anybody hurt? |
听话 -有人伤着了吗 |
Here we are. |
好了 |
No harm done. |
毫发无损 |
Careful, Charlotte. |
当心 夏洛特 |
Steady . Here, let me help. |
慢点 来 让我帮你 |
Steady:adj.稳定的; v.使稳定; v.稳定地; n.关系固定的情侣;
|
Thank you, miss. |
谢谢你 小姐 |
Very kind of you to risk yourself. |
谢谢你不顾安危救我们 |
Not at all , ma'am. |
不用谢 夫人 |
Not at all:毫无;一点也不;不用谢;
|
This is the most exciting thing to happen in Wellingden for years. |
这是威灵顿多年以来最刺激的事了 |
I'm fine, thank you, miss. |
我没事 谢谢你 小姐 |
Well... Neat as ninepence. |
安然无恙 |
Neat:adj.整洁的;整齐的;有序的;有条理的;
|
Oh, it's nothing. Nothing at all. |
没事 我真的没事 |
Give me your arm, sir. Our house is close by. |
扶着我 先生 我们家就在附近 |
Well, thank you, miss. |
十分感谢 小姐 |
What kindness. I see we have fallen amongst friends. |
多善良的人 我们定是遇到朋友了 |
amongst:prep.在…之中;在…当中(等于among);
|
This really is so kind of you. |
真是太感谢你们了 |
We were in search of a physician , you know, sir. |
我们正在寻找一位医师 先生 |
physician:n.[医]医师;内科医师;
|
For Sanditon. |
为桑迪顿 |
Is Sanditon a relative , sir? |
桑迪顿是某位亲属吗 先生 |
relative:adj.相对的;有关系的;成比例的;n.亲戚;相关物;[语]关系词;亲缘植物;
|
No, no, a place. |
不不 是个地方 |
And what a place. |
一个好地方 |
Sanditon is, or very soon will be, the finest seaside resort on the whole of the south coast. |
桑迪顿是 或说即将成为 全南海岸最好的海滨度假村 |
resort:n.度假胜地;诉诸;采取;旅游胜地;v.去;凭藉; on the whole:基本上,大体上;就全体而论;
|
Then I should very much like to see it, sir. |
我很期待去一探究竟 先生 |
And so you shall. I just... |
你会的 我只是... |
Thank you. |
谢谢 |
What a glorious sight it is. |
多么壮观的景象 |
glorious:adj.光荣的;辉煌的;极好的;
|
You see, Miss Heywood, hotel here, shops, new terraces here. |
你看 海伍德小姐 这是酒店 商店 新建的联排别墅在这儿 |
terraces:n.[地质]阶地; v.成阶地;
|
Cliff walk and the assembly rooms... here. |
悬崖栈道和礼堂... 在这儿 |
Cliff:n.悬崖;绝壁; assembly:n.装配;集会,集合;
|
Do you plan to have dancing there, sir? |
您打算在那里举办舞会吗 先生 |
We are holding our first ball next week. |
下周我们会举办首场舞会 |
You're really building all this? - I am. |
您真的在建造这一切啊 -是的 |
Well, causing it to be built. |
准确地说 是推动它建成 |
Mr Heywood, our carriage is quite repaired now, and I insist you must come and sample the delights of Sanditon without delay. |
海伍德先生 我们的马车修好了 我诚邀您一同前往 即刻体验桑迪顿的乐趣 |
carriage:n.运输;运费;四轮马车;举止;客车厢; delights:n.高兴; v.使高兴; (delight的第三人称单数和复数)
|
Forgive me, sir, I make it a principle never to go more than five miles away from home. |
原谅我 先生 我有个原则 离家绝不超过五英里 |
Forgive:v.原谅;免除(债务,义务等); principle:n.原理,原则;主义,道义;本质,本义;根源,源泉;
|
Ah, but for Sanditon, sir. |
但是为了桑迪顿 先生 |
For Sanditon, with all its charms , you must make an exception . |
为了桑迪顿及其魅力 您必须破例一次 |
charms:n.符咒;护身符(charm的复数形式);吸引力; exception:n.例外;异议;
|
My husband is ever the enthusiast . |
我丈夫总是这么热情 |
enthusiast:n.狂热者,热心家;
|
Nothing wrong with that, madam, but he cannot tempt me. |
那没什么错 夫人 但我不为所动 |
tempt:vt.诱惑;引起;冒…的风险;使感兴趣;
|
Then one of your daughters perhaps, in return for your kindness. |
为报答您的善意 或许您的某位女儿愿意前往 |
in return for:作为…的报答;
|
Papa, might I go? - Really, Charlotte. |
爸爸 我能去吗 -别闹 夏洛特 |