返回首页

SakenaYacoobi_2015W-_我如何阻止了塔利班关闭我的学校_

(Arabic) I seek refuge in Allah from cursed Satan . In the Name of Allah, the most Gracious , the most Merciful . (阿拉伯语)我向真主寻求庇佑,以他至高至慈之名,于受诅的撒旦之处拯救我
seek:v.寻求;寻找;谋求; refuge:n.避难所;庇护;慰藉;庇护者;v.避难;(古)庇护; Allah:n.真主;阿拉; cursed:adj.被诅咒的;讨厌的;v.诅咒;咒骂;(curse的过去分词和过去式) Satan:n.撒旦;魔鬼; In the Name of:以…的名义; Gracious:adj.亲切的;高尚的;和蔼的;雅致的;int.天哪;哎呀; Merciful:adj.仁慈的;慈悲的;宽容的;
(English) I was born in a middle class family. (英语)我出生在一个中产阶级家庭
middle class:adj.中产阶级的;中层社会的;
My father was five years old when he lost his father, but by the time I was born, he was already a businessman. 我父亲在他五岁那年失去了他的父亲 但是当我出生的时候 他已经是一个商人了
But it didn't make a difference to him if his children were going to be a boy or a girl: they were going to go to school. 对他而言这并没有什么不同 无论生男生女 他们都能上学
make a difference:有影响,有关系;
So I guess I was the lucky one. 所以,我觉得我是幸运的
My mother had 16 pregnancies . 我妈妈一共怀过十六个孩子
pregnancies:n.怀孕;丰富,多产;意义深长;
From 16 pregnancies, five of us are alive. 在这十六个当中,只有我们五个活了下来
You can imagine as a child what I went through. 你可以想象一下,作为一个孩子,我经历了什么
Day to day, I watched women being carried to a graveyard , or watched children going to a graveyard. 每天,我看着女人们 被送进坟墓 或者是孩子们
graveyard:n.墓地;
At that time, when I finished my high school, 当时我刚读完高中
I really wanted to be a doctor. 非常想当一名医生
I wanted to be a doctor to help women and children. 成为医生就能帮助妇女和儿童
So I completed my education, but I wanted to go to university. 彼时我已结束学业 但仍想去大学深造
Unfortunately , in my country, there wasn't a dormitory for girls, so I was accepted in medical school, but I could not go there. 但不幸地是,在我们国家,学校没有女生宿舍 我虽然被医学院录取,但却无法去那里学习
Unfortunately:adv.不幸地; dormitory:n.宿舍,学生宿舍;adj.住宅区的;
So as a result , my father sent me to America. 因此,我父亲送我去了美国
as a result:结果;
I came to America. 我来到了美国
I completed my education. 完成了学业
While I was completing my education, my country was invaded by Russia. 学业行将结束时 俄国入侵了我的祖国
invaded:v.入侵;拥入;遍布(invade的过去分词);adj.被侵入的;
And do you know that at the time I was completing my education, 你们知道吗?那时我即将结业
I didn't know what was going on with my family or with my country. 我不知道我的家人和我的国家正在发生着什么
There were months, years, I didn't know about it. 这种情况持续了几个月甚至几年
My family was in a refugee camp. 那时,我的家人在一个难民营当中
refugee:n.难民;避难者;逃亡者;v.避难;adj.避难的;
So as soon as I completed my education, 所以,当我一毕业
as soon as:一…就;
I brought my family to America. 就把全家接到了美国
I wanted them to be safe. 我希望他们能过上安全的生活
But where was my heart? 但是我的心在哪里?
My heart was in Afghanistan . 我的心还在阿富汗
Afghanistan:n.阿富汗(国家名称,位于亚洲);
Day after day , when I listened to the news, when I followed what was going on with my country, my heart was breaking up. 日复一日,我听着新闻 当我得知我的国家发生的一切时 我的心都碎了
Day after day:日复一日;
I really wanted to go back to my country, but at the same time I knew I could not go there, because there was no place for me. 我非常想回到祖国 但同时,我知道我不能回去 因为那里没有我容身之地
at the same time:同时;另一方面;与此同时;
I had a good job. 我有份好工作
I was a professor at a university. 是大学教授
I earned good money. 有着不错的收入
I had a good life. 生活优越
My family was here. 家人都在这里
I could live with them. 我可以和他们在一起
But I wasn't happy. 但是我并不快乐
I wanted to go back home. 我想回家
So I went to the refugee camp. 于是我去了难民营
And when I went to the refugee camp in Pakistan, there were 7.5 million refugees . 当我来到巴基斯坦的难民营时 那里有七百五十万难民
refugees:n.避难者;逃亡者;难民;(refugee的复数)
7.5 million refugees. 这七百五十万难民当中
About 90 percent of them were women and children. 百分之九十是妇女和儿童
Most of the men have been killed or they were in war. 男人们大都被杀死或打仗去了
And you know, in the refugee camp, when I went day-to-day to do a survey , 在难民营里 当我每天都去做例行调查时
day-to-day:adj.日常的;逐日的; survey:n.调查;测量;审视;纵览;vt.调查;勘测;俯瞰;vi.测量土地;
I found things you never could imagine. 我发现了一些你无法想象的事情
I saw a widow with five to eight children sitting there and weeping and not knowing what to do. 我看到一个寡妇带着五到八个孩子 坐在那里哭泣 孩子们不知道该干什么
widow:n.寡妇;遗孀;vt.使丧偶;使成为寡妇(或鳏夫); weeping:adj.有下垂枝条的;v.哭泣,流泪;流出,渗出(液体);(weep的现在分词)
I saw a young woman have no way to go anywhere, no education, no entertainment, no place to even live. 我看到一个年轻的妇女无处可去 没有教育,没有娱乐,甚至没有生存的地方
I saw young men that had lost their father and their home, and they are supporting the family as a 10-to-12-year old boy -- being the head of the household , trying to protect their sister and their mother and their children. 我看到年轻的男人们失去了他们的父亲和家园 尽管只有10到12岁,他们已经开始养家糊口 成为一家之长 尽力保护他们的姐妹,母亲和他们自己的孩子
household:n.家庭;一家人;同住一所(或一套)房子的人;adj.家庭的;家常的;王室的;
So it was a very devastating situation. 那情景真令人心碎
devastating:adj.毁灭性的; v.毁灭; (devastate的现在分词)
My heart was beating for my people, and I didn't know what to do. 我的心在为我的人民而颤抖 却不知道该做些什么
At that moment, we talk about momentum . 在那一瞬间,我们谈到了动力
momentum:n.势头;[物]动量;动力;冲力;
At that moment, I felt, what can I do for these people? 在那一瞬间,我感受到了。我能为这些人们做什么呢?
what can I do for:我能为…做什么?;
How could I help these people? 我怎样帮助这些人们?
I am one individual . What can I do for them? 作为个人,我能为他们做什么?
individual:n.个人;有个性的人;adj.单独的;个别的;
But at that moment, I knew that education changed my life. 然而在那一瞬间,我明白了 教育改变了我的生活
It transformed me. It gave me status . 它彻底改变了我。它带给我地位
transformed:v.使改变形态;使改变外观(或性质);(transform的过去分词和过去式) status:n.地位;状态;情形;重要身份;
It gave me confidence . It gave me a career . 它带给我自信,它给了我职业
confidence:n.信心;信任;秘密;adj.(美)诈骗的;骗得信任的; career:n.职业;事业;生涯;经历;
It helped me to support my family, to bring my family to another country, to be safe. 它帮助我支撑着我的家庭 把我的家庭带到了另一个国家 安全的国家
And I knew that at that moment that what I should give to my people is education and health, and that's what I went after. 而且我知道,在那一瞬间 我知道我应该带给我的人民的是教育和健康 这就是我后来做的事情
But do you think it was easy? 但是你们觉得它容易吗?
No, because at that time, education was banned for girls, completely. 它不容易。因为在那个时候,女孩被完全禁止接受教育
banned:v.明令禁止;取缔;禁止(某人)做某事;(ban的过去分词和过去式)
And also, by Russia invading Afghanistan, people were not trusting anyone. 也因为俄国入侵阿富汗 人们不相信任何人
invading:v.武装入侵;侵略;侵犯;涌入;干扰(invade的现在分词)
It was very hard to come and say, "I want to do this." 告诉他们说我想做这件事真是太难了
Who am I? 我是什么身份?
Somebody who comes from the United States. 一个从美国来的人
United:adj.联合的; v.联合,团结; (unite的过去分词和过去式)
Somebody who got educated here. 在美国接受了教育的人
Did they trust me? Of course not. 他们会相信我吗?当然不会
So I really needed to build the trust in this community . 所以我真的需要在这个社区建立信任
community:n.社区;[生态]群落;共同体;团体;
How am I going to do that? 那么我如何做到呢?
I went and surveyed and looked and looked. 我去调查
surveyed:v.调查,俯视(survey的过去式和过去分词形式);考察,调研;
I asked. 去寻访
Finally , I found one man. 终于,我找到了一个人
Finally:adv.终于;最终;(用于列举)最后;彻底地;
He was 80 years old. 他当时已有八十岁
He was a mullah . 他是一个毛拉(学者)
mullah:n.毛拉(伊斯兰教神学家);
I went to his tent in the camp, and I asked him, "I want to make you a teacher." 我去了他在难民营的帐篷里 我问他 我想让你做一名老师
And he looked at me, and he said, "Crazy woman, crazy woman, how do you think I can be a teacher?" 他看着我 对我说:“你这个疯女人, 竟然想让我当老师?”
And I told him, "I will make you a teacher." 我说:“我会让你当上老师的。”
Finally, he accepted my offer, and once I started a class in his compound , the word spread all over. 最终,他答应了。 我在他住的地方开了第一堂课 消息很快传开了
compound:v.合成; adj.混合; n.大院;
In a matter of one year, we had 25 schools set up, 15,000 children going to school, and it was amazing. 在一年时间里 我们开设了二十五所学校!!! 一万五千个孩子上了学 这真的很了不起
(Applause) (掌声)
Thank you. 谢谢!
Thank you. 谢谢!
But of course, we're doing all our work, we were giving teacher training . 而且,我们还同时开展了所有的工作我们为老师们提供培训
teacher training:n.教师培训;师资培训;
We were training women's rights, human rights, democracy , rule of law. 我们教妇女权益人权,民主和法治
democracy:n.民主,民主主义;民主政治;
We were giving all kinds of training. 我们提供各种培训
And one day, I tell you, one day I was in the office in Peshawar, Pakistan. 有一天 当我在巴基斯坦白沙瓦的办公室里
All of a sudden , I saw my staff running to rooms and locking the doors and telling me, "Run away, hide!" 突然,我看到所有员工都奔向房间并锁上门 他们对我喊:“快跑!躲起来!“
All of a sudden:突然地,出乎意料地;
And you know, as a leader, what do you do? 试想,作为负责人,应该怎么办?
You're scared. You know it's dangerous. 你害怕了,你知道这非常危险
You know your life is on the line . 你知道你命悬一线
on the line:处于危险中;模棱两可;在电话线上;
But as a leader, you have to hold it together. 可是,作为负责人,你必须团结大家
You have to hold it together and show strength. 你必须让大家团结一致, 不能示弱
So I said, "What's going on?" 于是我说:”发生什么事了?“
And these people were pouring into my office. 他们涌入我的办公室
pouring:v.倾倒;倾泻;连续流出;倒出;喷发;(pour的现在分词)
So I invited them to the office. 我邀请他们进来
They came, and there were nine of them -- nine Taliban . 他们有九个人——九个全是塔利班
Taliban:塔利班;
They were the ugliest looking men you can ever see. 他们是你看过的最丑陋的人
ugliest:adj.最丑的(ugly的最高级);
(Laughter) (笑声)
Very mean-looking people, black clothes, black turban , and they pour into my office. 长得凶神恶煞 黑衣,黑头巾 他们冲进我的办公室
turban:n.穆斯林的头巾;女用头巾;无檐帽,狭边帽;
And I invited them to have a seat and have tea. 我请他们坐下来,喝杯茶
They said no. They are not going to drink tea. 他们拒绝了。他们可不是来喝茶的
And of course, with the tone of voice they were using, it was very scary, but I was really shaking up. 当然,用他们一贯的腔调 真的是非常可怕 我有点发抖
tone:n.语气:风格:特色:声音信号:v.使更结实:与…协调:
But also I was strong, holding myself up. 但我还是强作镇定
And, of course, by that time, you know how I dress -- 当然,你们知道我当时穿着什么
I dress from head to toe in a black hijab . 我从头到脚都蒙着黑纱
toe:n.脚趾;鞋头;v.用脚趾踩;用脚尖踢; hijab:n.希贾布(穆斯林妇女戴的面纱或头巾);
The only thing you could see, my eyes. 只能看得到眼睛
They asked me, "What are you doing? 他们问我:”你在干什么?“
Don't you know that school is banned for girls? 你难道不知道女孩子不准上学吗?
What are you doing here?" 你这是在干什么?
And you know, I just looked at them, and I said, "What school? Where is the school?" 我就看着他们 然后说:“什么学校?哪有学校?”
(Laughter) (笑声)
(Applause) (掌声)
And they look at my face, and they said, "You are teaching girls here." 他们盯着我,说:“你在这让女孩子接受教育!“
I said, "This is a house of somebody. 我回答:“这里是私人住宅。”
We have some students coming, and they are all learning Koran , Holy Book. 有一些学生 他们都是来学习《古兰经》的
Koran:n.《可兰经》,《古兰经》(伊斯兰教);
And you know, Koran says that if you learn the Holy Book, the woman, they can be a good wife, and they can obey their husband." 你们知道,《古兰经》里说,如果妇女们学习了古兰经 她们会成为好妻子 会更服从他们的丈夫
obey:v.遵守;服从;顺从;
(Laughter) (笑声)
And I tell you one thing: that's the way you work with those people, and you know -- 我告诉你们一件事: 这就是我如何与这些人相处的
(Laughter) (笑声)
So by that time, they started speaking Pashto. 之后,他们开始讲普什图语
They talked to each other, and they said, "Let's go, leave her alone, she's OK." 他们自己商量了一会儿 然后说:“我们走吧,她没问题。”
And you know, this time, I offered them tea again, and they took a sip and they laughed. 这回,我又请他们喝茶 他们喝了一口然后笑了
sip:v.小口喝;n.一小口(饮料);
By that time, my staff poured into my office. 我的员工这才冲进办公室
poured:v.使(液体)连续流出;倾倒;倒出;喷发;(pour的过去分词和过去式)
They were scared to death. 他们害怕死亡
They didn't know why they didn't kill me. 他们不明白为什么他们(塔利班)没杀我
They didn't know why they didn't take me away. 也不知道为什么我没被带走
But everybody was happy to see me. 但是,每个人看到我还活着都很高兴
Very happy, and I was happy to be alive, of course. 我也同样为自己还活着感到高兴
(Laughter) (笑声)
Of course, I was happy to be alive. 我当然庆幸自己还活着
But also, as we continuously gave training during the fall of the Taliban -- of course during the Taliban there is another story. 在塔利班衰落时期,我们继续提供培训 在塔利班时期还有另一个故事
continuously:adv.连续不断地;
We went underground and we provided education for 80 schoolgirls , 3,000 students underground, and continuously we trained. 我们转入了地下并为三千名学生提供教育 其中有八十个女生
provided:conj.假如; v.提供; (provide的过去分词和过去式) schoolgirls:n.女学生;
With the fall of the Taliban, we went into the country, and we opened school after school. 随着塔利班的衰落,我们还将工作开展到乡下 兴办了一所又一所学校
We opened women's learning center. 我们开设了妇女学习中心
We continuously opened clinics . 不断开办诊所
clinics:n.诊所(clinic的复数形式);
We worked with mothers and children. 我们和母亲们和她们的孩子共事
We had reproductive health training. 我们还有生殖健康培训
reproductive:adj.生殖的;再生的;复制的;
We had all kinds of training that you can imagine. 只有你想不到的,没有我们不开设的
I was very happy. I was delighted with the outcome of my work. 我非常高兴,为我们的工作成果感到非常欣慰
delighted:adj.高兴的; v.使高兴; (delight的过去分词和过去式) outcome:n.结果,结局;成果;
And one day, with four trainers and one bodyguard , 有一天,我和四名教师以及一名保镖一起
bodyguard:n.保镖;v.护送;
I was going up north of Kabul, and all of a sudden, again, 去往喀布尔北部 突然,危机再次发生
I was stopped in the middle of the road by 19 young men. 我在路中间被拦住了 被十九个青年男子拦住
Rifles on their shoulders, they blocked the road. 他们肩上背着枪,把路封了
Rifles:n.[军]步枪(rifle复数);来福枪;卡宾枪;
And I told my driver, "What's going on?" 我问司机:“发生什么事了?”
And the driver said, "I don't know." 司机回答:“我不知道。”
He asked them. They said, "We have nothing to do with you." 他问他们。他们说:“不关你的事。”
have nothing to do with:与…无关;
They called my name. They said, "We want her." 他们叫了我的名字。说:“我们要找的是她。”
My bodyguard got out, said, "I can answer you. 我的保镖下了车,说:“我来回答你
What do you want?" 你们想要什么?”
They said, "Nothing." They called my name. 他们答道:“什么也不要。” 一边叫着我的名字
And by that time, the women are yelling and screaming inside the car. 当时,女人们都在车里尖叫
I am very shaken up, and I told myself, this is it. 我怕得发抖,对自己说,今天要死定了
This time, we all are going to be killed. 这回,我们可能都要没命了
There is no doubt in my mind. 我毫不怀疑地这样想着
But still, the moment comes, and you take strength from whatever you believe and whatever you do. 但是,当这一刻来临时,我又充满力量 这力量来自我相信的和我所做的一切
It's in your heart. 它就在你的心中
You believe in your worth, and you can walk on it. 你相信自己所做的一切都是值得的,并且值得为之奋斗
So I just hold myself on the side of the car. 于是我靠着车的一侧
on the side of:拥护…;站在…一边;赞助;
My leg was shaking, and I got outside. 我双腿站站地走下车
And I asked them, "What can I do for you?" 我问他们:“我能为你们做点什么?”
You know what they said to me? 你们知道他们怎样回答吗?
They said, "We know who you are. 他们说:“我们知道你是谁。”
We know where you are going. 我们也知道你要去哪
Every day you go up north here and there . 你每天都在北边跑来跑去
here and there:各处,到处;
You train women, you teach them and also you give them an opportunity to have a job. 你培训妇女们,教育她们 而且你还帮他们找工作
You build their skills. How about us?" 你为她们培养技能。可是我们怎么办?“
(Laughter) (笑声)
(Applause) (掌声)
'"And you know, how about us? “我们怎么办?
What are we going to do?" 我们干什么去?
I looked at them, and I said, "I don't know." 我看着他们说:“我也不知道。”
(Laughter) (笑声)
They said, "It's OK. 他们说“好吧。
The only thing we can do, what we know, from the time we're born, we just hold the gun and kill. 从出生时,我们能做的唯一一件事 就是拿枪,杀人
That's all we know." 这就是我们知道的所有了。”
And you know what that means. 你们知道这意味着什么
It's a trap to me, of course. 这对我而言显然是一个陷阱
trap:v.使陷入困境;卡住;夹住;收集;吸收;n.陷阱;圈套;捕捉器;诡计;
So I walk out of there. They said, "We'll let you go, go." 于是我就离开了那里。他们说:“我们会放你走,走吧。”
And so I walked into the car, I sit in the car, and I told the driver, "Turn around and go back to the office." 我就上了车汽车。坐在车里, 我对司机说:“掉头回办公室。”
At that time, we only were supporting girls. 那个时候,我们只帮助女孩。
We only had money for women to train them, to send them to school, and nothing else. 我们的经费只够为女性提供培训 把她们送进学校,仅此而已
By the time I came to the office, of course my trainers were gone. 等我回到办公室 当然,教师们都逃走了
They ran away home. Nobody stayed there. 他们都逃回家。那里空无一人
My bodyguard was the only one there, and my voice was completely gone. 只剩我的保镖 我完全说不出话
I was shaken up, and I sat on my table, and I said, "What am I going to do?" 我颤抖着坐在桌子边上 问:“我们该怎么办?”
How am I going to solve this problem? 怎么解决问题?
Because we had training going on up north already. 因为我们在北部的培训正在进行
Hundreds of women were there coming to get training. 几百名妇女在那接受培训
So I was sitting there, all of a sudden, at this moment, talking about momentum, we are, at that moment, one of my wonderful donors called me about a report. 我坐在那里,突然,那一瞬间 我们又谈到了动力 在那时候 一个我的很好的捐款人给我电话询问一份报告
donors:n.捐赠人(donor的复数);[电子]施主;
And she asked me, "Sakena?" And I answered her. 她叫我“萨克纳?”我回答了她
She said, "It's not you. What's wrong with you?" 她说:“这不是你。你出什么事了?”
I said, "Nothing." I tried to cover. 我说:“没事啊。”我试图掩饰
No matter what I tried to do, she didn't believe me, and she asked me again. 无论我怎样尝试,她都不肯相信我 她又一次问我
No matter what:不管什么…;
'"OK, tell me what's going on?" “好了,告诉我到底发生什么了?”
I told her the whole story. 我告诉了她整个事情的经过
At that time, she said, "OK, you go next time, and you will help them. 当时,她对我说:”好吧,你再去一次,你会帮到他们的。
You will help them." 你能够帮助他们。”
And when, two days later, I went the same route , and do you know, they were not in here, they were a little back further, the same young men, standing up there and holding the rifle and pointing to us to stop the car. 两天以后,我又走了同一条路, 你们知道吗,他们不在那了 他们后退了一些 还是那个年轻人,站在那里,背着枪 指示我们停车
route:n.路线;路途;固定线路;途径;v.按某路线发送;
So we stopped the car. 于是我们停下了车
I got out. I said, "OK, let's go with me." 我下车,说到:“好吧,跟我走吧。”
And they said, "Yes." 他们说:“好的。”
I said, "On one condition, that whatever I say, you accept it." 我说:“我有一个条件,无论我说什么,你们都要接受。”
And they said, yes, they do. 他们说,好吧,他们答应
So I took them to the mosque , and to make a long story short , 于是我带他们去了清真寺 长话短说
mosque:n.清真寺; make a long story short:长话短说,简而言之;总之;
I told them I'd give them teachers. 我告诉他们我要给他们找老师
Today, they are the best trainers. 今天,他们已经成为最好的教师了
They learn English, they learn how to be teachers, they learn computers, and they are my guides. 他们学习英语 他们学习怎样成为一名教师 他们学习电脑 他们是我的向导
Every area that is unknown to us in the mountain areas, they go with me. They are ahead, and we go. 在山区里每一片我不熟悉的地方 他们都跟我一起走,他们带路,我跟着
And they protect us. 而且他们保护我
And -- 还有...
(Applause) (掌声)
Thank you. 谢谢!
(Applause) (掌声)
That tells you that education transforms people. 这说明教育改造了人们
transforms:v.[数][电]变换; n.语法转化规则;
When you educate people, they are going to be different, and today all over, we need to work for gender equality. 当你带给人们教育 他们就会变得不同 如今,这些都已成往事 我们需要为性别平等而努力
gender:n.性别;
We cannot only train women but forget about the men, because the men are the real people who are giving women the hardest time. 我们不能只为妇女提供培训而忘记了男性 因为是男人真正带给了女人最痛苦的岁月。
(Laughter) (笑声)
So we started training men because the men should know the potential of women, know how much these potential men has, and how much these women can do the same job they are doing. 于是我们开始为男性提供培训因为男人应当了解 女性的潜力 了解有多少潜力是男人具有的 还有,女性在多大程度上可以做男性的工作
potential:n.潜能;可能性;[电]电势;adj.潜在的;可能的;势的;
So we are continuously giving training to men, and I really believe strongly. 我们持续地位男性提供培训 我坚信不疑
I live in a country that was a beautiful country. 我生活在这样一个国家它曾经是一个美丽的国家
I just want to share this with you. 我只想与你们分享这个想法
It was a beautiful country, beautiful, peaceful country. 它曾经是一个美丽的国家 美丽而和平的国家
We were going everywhere. 我们可以到处游玩
Women were getting education: lawyer, engineer, teacher, and we were going from house to house. 女人们可以接受教育 作律师,工程师,教师, 我们经常互相走动
We never locked our doors. 从来不用锁门
But you know what happened to my country. 但你们知道我的国家发生了什么
Today, people cannot walk out of their door without security issues . 如今,人们出门就会担心安全问题
issues:n.重要议题;争论的问题;v.宣布;公布;发出;(issue的第三人称单数和复数)
But we want the same Afghanistan we had before. 但是,我们想要一个和原来一样的阿富汗
And I want to tell you the other side. 而且,我希望告诉你们另一个方面
Today, the women of Afghanistan are working very, very hard. 如今,阿富汗的妇女工作非常非常勤奋
They are earning degrees. They are training to be lawyers. 她们正在取得学位,她们正在接受律师的培训
They are training to be doctors, back again. 她们又回来接受医生的培训
They are training to be teachers, and they are running businesses. 她们正在接受教师的培训 还有的人在开办自己的生意
So it is so wonderful to see people like that reach their complete potential, and all of this is going to happen. 看到像这样的人们都能够完全发挥自己的潜能 简直是太完美了 这一切都将发生
I want to share this with you, because of love, because of compassion , and because of trust and honesty. 我希望与大家分享 因为爱 因为同情 也因为信任和诚实
compassion:n.同情;怜悯;
If you have these few things with you, you will accomplish . 如果你们能够拥有上述几点 你们就会成功
accomplish:v.完成;实现;达到;
He said that by having compassion and having love, you can conquer the world. 他说,拥有同情 拥有爱,你就能征服整个世界
conquer:v.占领;攻克;征服;击败,战胜;对付,克服,控制;很受欢迎
And I tell you, we could. 而我告诉你们,我们可以
And if we could do it in Afghanistan, 如果我们可以在阿富汗做到
I am sure 100 percent that everyone can do it in any part of the world. 我们也能够在世界上任何一个地方做到
Thank you very, very much. 谢谢大家!非常感谢!
(Applause) (掌声)
Thank you. Thank you. 谢谢!谢谢!
(Applause) (掌声)