|
|
RobertReffkinWWW_2019V-_与他人建立更强关系的五个方法_-
|
So when was the last time that you wrote a handwritten note? |
你上一次使用手写便笺 是在什麽时候? |
handwritten:adj.手写的;v.handwrite的过去分词;
|
It's probably been a while. |
或许已经是很久之前了。 |
[The Way We Work] |
【我们的工作方式】 |
Technology has changed the way we communicate. |
科技已经改变了我们的交流方式。 |
Technology:n.技术;工艺;术语;
|
We send emails, not letters, text messages, not phone calls. |
我们写电子邮件,而不是手写信件。 我们发短讯,而不再打电话。 |
We order delivery instead of cooking dinners in our kitchen. |
我们订外卖,而不再亲身下厨。 |
delivery:n.[贸易]交付;分娩;递送;
|
All in the name of efficiency . |
这些改变皆是以效率为目的。 |
in the name of:以…的名义; efficiency:n.效率;效能;功效;
|
But here's the point. |
但关键问题就在这裏。 |
Technology has made it easier to communicate. |
有了科技,交流的确更爲简单, |
But it hasn't made it easier to connect with other human beings. |
但人与人之间的关系 也更难以建立。 |
I've found that the secret to connecting in the high-tech , fast-paced world that we live in, is doing a few small things the old-fashioned way. |
我认爲,在这个科技发达、 运转迅速的世界上, 与他人建立良好关系的秘诀 便是以过时的方法做一些小事。 |
high-tech:adj.高科技的,高技术的;仿真技术的;n.高科技; fast-paced:adj.快节奏的;快速的;快步调的; old-fashioned:adj.老式的;过时的;守旧的;
|
Write a letter. |
写信。 |
I've written thousands of handwritten notes. |
我曾写过成千上万张手写便笺 |
Thanking people for advice, thanking them for an interview . |
来感谢他人提供意见或参加面试。 |
interview:n.接见,采访;面试,面谈;v.采访;接见;对…进行面谈;
|
It just puts that extra effort to show someone that you really care and that you're willing to go above and beyond. |
多做这一步能体现出 你真正关心对方, 且愿意与对方建立进一步的关系。 |
extra:adj.额外的:n.额外的事物:adv.额外:另外:
|
Some advice for writing a thank-you letter is to really make it clear to the person that you're writing to the impact that they have had on your life. |
请留意,写感谢信时 瞭解自己对你生活所产生的影响。 瞭解自己对你生活所产生的影响。 |
impact:n.影响;效果;碰撞;冲击力;v.挤入,压紧;撞击;对…产生影响;
|
Talk about something specific . |
一个具体的例子就是: |
specific:adj.特殊的,特定的;明确的;详细的;[药]具有特效的;n.特性;细节;特效药;
|
Like "Thank you for the advice that you gave me. |
「感谢你给我提供的意见, |
It's because of the advice you gave me, that I am now doing x." |
正因爲你的意见, 我现在才能做某事。」 |
People are looking to make a difference . |
人们希望做出改变。 |
make a difference:有影响,有关系;
|
And so if you can show someone that they've really had an impact on the life that you're living, the life you're pursuing , it could have a huge impact. |
因此,如果你能告诉他人, 他/她对你的生活和追求 产生了真正的影响, 那你可就做了一件大事。 |
pursuing:v.追求;致力于;贯彻;跟踪;追赶;(pursue的现在分词)
|
Pick up the phone and dial. |
提起话筒打电话。 |
We've hired thousands of employees. |
我们雇用的员工成千上万, |
And I've personally called every single one of them to welcome them to the Compass family. |
而我曾亲身致电他们中的每一位 来欢迎他们加入指南针 (Compass)这个家庭。 |
personally:adv.个人;亲自;本人;就本人而言; Compass:n.罗盘;指南针;圆规;范围;界限;v.理解;领悟;将…包围;成功办到
|
I'm able to set the tone of really what I want the company to be. |
我能够爲我的公司 设立我想要的基调。 |
tone:n.语气:风格:特色:声音信号:v.使更结实:与…协调:
|
Where, you know, people go above and beyond to make people feel welcomed and to give people a sense of belonging. |
在我的公司裏,人们 可以「飞越」电脑萤幕, 可以受到欢迎,有归属感。 |
And sometimes I call people on their last day of work. |
有时我会致电快将离职的员工。 |
When people leave, sometimes they're more transparent than they ever were when they were still at the company. |
有时,转身离去之人会比 自己尚未离开时更爲坦诚。 |
transparent:adj.透明的;显然的;坦率的;易懂的;
|
And so it's a great opportunity to get feedback that is very hard to get otherwise. |
所以离职员工很有可能 会提供在职员工不会提供的意见, |
feedback:n.反馈;反馈意见;回授;[电子]反馈;
|
Ask interesting and meaningful questions when you get outside of the office. |
在工作场所之外提出 有趣且有意义的问题。 |
meaningful:adj.严肃的;重要的;重大的;意味深长的;
|
When I'm traveling the country, every night I'll have dinner with people in the company. |
在周游全国的时候, 每晚我都会与公司员工共进晚餐, |
And I like to ask questions like "What's your underlying motivation ? |
进餐时我喜欢问: 「你的根本动机是什麽?」 |
underlying:adj.根本的; v.构成…的基础; (underlie的现在分词) motivation:n.动机;积极性;推动;
|
What's something that's happened this week that meant a lot to you?" |
「本周发生了什麽 对你意义深远的事情?」 |
And when you go around the table, and people really open up and are able to engage , it sets a different tone. |
当你环绕餐桌而行, 而员工们都能畅所欲言的时候, 一个不同的基调已经得以确立。 |
engage:v.吸引,占用;使参加;雇佣;使订婚;预定;
|
When people come back to the office, they can see each other and they know each other in a deeper way. |
在重返工位之后, 员工们能以更深刻的视角看待彼此。 |
Answer questions with honesty. |
诚实地回答问题。 |
You know how it feels when you go into an elevator and someone says, "How was your weekend?" |
你一定知道这个感觉—— 当你步入电梯, 电梯裏有人问你: 「你的周末过的怎样?」 |
elevator:n.电梯;升降机;升降舵;起卸机;
|
It could've been the best weekend ever, you could've met the love of your life, and you would say, "Good, how was yours?" |
你可能度过了一个最好的周末, 你可能在这个周末邂逅爱情, 你会説:「挺好的,你呢?」 |
If you want to connect with people, then you have to open up. |
如果你想与他人建立关系, 你就需要敞开心扉。 |
I'm not always that good at it, and I imagine most people aren't. |
我并不擅于敞开心扉, 我想大多数人也是如此。 |
But that's why being open stands out so much, because most people aren't. |
但这説明何以敞开心扉之人格外显眼, 因爲大多数人不愿敞开心扉。 |
Turn the video on. |
使用视讯通话。 |
I would always recommend a videoconference over a phone call. |
我始终推荐大家 开视讯会议,而非电话会议, |
recommend:v.推荐;介绍;劝告;建议;使受欢迎; videoconference:n.可视会议;
|
Because that's when you can see the real personality come out. |
因爲在视讯会议上, 人们真正的性格将得以彰显。 |
personality:n.性格;个性;人格;魅力;气质;名人;特色;
|
When you're on video, you're forced to be present. |
当你使用视讯通话时, 你本人将不得不出席, |
It's almost a forcing mechanism to be in the moment. |
视讯通话几乎是强迫人们身处当下。 |
mechanism:n.机制;原理,途径;进程;机械装置;技巧;
|
Nobody succeeds alone. |
人不可能只靠自己来取胜。 |
The more you can take time to develop genuine , authentic relationships, the more you're going to be able to realize your dreams. |
你越是花时间去 建立真实、真正的人际关系, 你实现梦想的可能性就越大, |
genuine:adj.真实的,真正的;诚恳的; authentic:adj.真正的,真实的;可信的;
|
You're going to be able to take big risks and know that there's a network of people to cheer you on and to support your efforts. |
因爲你将能够承担巨大风险, 爲你加油,给你支持。 |