|
|
RobCooke_2020S-_工作压力的代价——我们该如何减压?_-
|
Stress -- we all know what it is and we all handle it differently. |
压力——我们对它都不陌生, 我们也拥有不同的解压方式。 |
Whether it's our thoughts speeding up or slowing down, eating our emotions or not at all , difficulty sleeping or just getting out of bed. |
不管压力让我们脑中的思绪 急速运转或是迟缓停滞, 让你暴饮暴食,或是食不甘味, 让你彻夜难眠,还是无力起床, |
Frankly, it sucks . |
坦白说,压力糟透了。 |
handle:n.[建]把手;柄;手感;口实;v.处理;操作;运用;买卖;触摸; emotions:n.强烈的感情;激情;情感;(emotion的复数) not at all:毫无;一点也不;不用谢; sucks:v.吮吸;吸;咂;啜;抽吸;抽取;(suck的第三人称单数)
|
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
But there's good stress too, you know, like preparing for the biggest public speaking event you've ever given. |
但压力也有好的一面,知道吧, 比如说,当你在为此生 参与的最大型的公开演讲做准备。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
(Applause) |
(掌声) |
On a global platform . |
在一个全球性的平台上。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
No, even the good stress can mess with you, but it's the bad stress that I came to talk about. |
不,即便是正面的压力 也会让你头晕转向, 但是我今天想谈的是负面压力。 |
And probably not for the reason you'd expect. |
而且估计原因出乎大家意料。 |
global:adj.全球的;总体的;球形的; platform:n.平台; v.把…放在台上[放在高处; mess:n.混乱;餐厅;杂乱;肮脏;v.使不整洁;弄脏;弄乱;随地便溺;
|
I'm a relationship manager for affluent individuals . |
我是一名为富人工作的客户经理, |
Meaning, I work with wealthy folks and their families, hip to hip, helping them achieve their financial goals. |
意味着,我与富豪 以及他们的家庭紧密地合作, 以协助他们实现财务目标。 |
I like to keep the economy in mind, because I know that whatever impacts the economy, impacts my clients , and it turns out stress is impacting the economy in a massive way. |
我经常关注经济情况,因为我知道 经济若有任何动荡, 我的客户也会受影响, 我发现压力对经济有着巨大的影响。 |
affluent:adj.富裕的;丰富的;流畅的;n.支流;富人; individuals:n.[经]个人;[生物]个体(individual的复数); hip:n.臀部;蔷薇果;忧郁;adj.熟悉内情的;非常时尚的; financial:adj.金融的;财政的,财务的; economy:n.经济;节约;理财; impacts:n.影响; v.有影响,有作用; clients:n.委托人;当事人;客户机;(client的复数) impacting:[力]冲击;[力]撞击;[物]碰撞(impact的现在分词);
|
What if I told you that by some estimates , the cost of work-related stress in the US is close to 300 billion dollars annually ? |
根据一些估算,你知道 在美国,工作压力每年 造成的损失接近 3000 亿美元吗? |
Workplace stress, the stress causing this massive impact, is related to productivity and wellness . |
影响如此巨大的职场压力 与人们的工作效率和 身心健康息息相关。 |
Today, that's what we're here to talk about. |
今天,我想聊聊这个。 |
And by the way , it's linked to employee disengagement , chronic diseases that impact your work and work-related injuries and illnesses. |
顺便一提,这还涉及到员工离职, 影响工作的慢性病, 以及工病工伤。 |
What if:如果…怎么办? estimates:n.估计;估价;估计的成本;v.估价;估算(estimate的第三人称单数和复数) work-related:与工作有关的; annually:adv.每年;一年一次; Workplace:n.工作场所;车间; productivity:n.生产力;生产率;生产能力; wellness:n.健康; by the way:顺便说一下; disengagement:n.脱离;分开; chronic:adj.慢性的;长期的;习惯性的; diseases:n.[医]病(disease的复数);[医]疾病;[植保]病害;疾病种类; injuries:n.伤害,损伤;挫伤;(injury的复数)
|
And when you add up the cost of all five factors , it's an estimated 2.2 trillion dollars annually. |
当你把这五项因素的成本全加起来, 这是每年等值 2.2 万亿美元的损失, |
That represents 12 percent of our GDP. |
是我们 GDP 的 12%。 |
Now I know what you're thinking, "That is a lot of money, and how?" |
我知道你们在想什么, “怎么会损失这么多钱?” |
Stress is this deeply personal thing, it's crazy to think it can have such a massive impact. |
压力是一件极其私人的事, 所以人们很难想象 它会造成如此大的影响。 |
factors:n.因素(factor的复数); v.做代理商; estimated:adj.估计的;预计的;估算的; trillion:n.[数]万亿;adj.万亿的;num.[数]万亿; represents:v.代表;维护…的利益;相当于;(represent的第三人称单数) personal:adj.个人的;身体的;亲自的;n.人事消息栏;人称代名词;
|
But consider this thought experiment to explain how. |
但试着用着思想试验来解释原委。 |
Imagine a single mother working a stressful job, in a stress-filled environment, where she sits 90 percent of the time. |
想象一位单身母亲, 她有一份高压职业, 在一个高压环境下工作, 她九成的工作时间 都处在这个环境中。 |
Maybe she doesn't have time to cook, so she chooses meals based off of convenience , which usually means what? |
她没有时间烧饭, 那么她会选择便捷的快餐, 这意味着什么? |
Overly processed , high-sugar foods. |
摄入过度加工的高糖食物。 |
Over time, this poor diet, mixed with stress from work, leads to a chronic disease. |
日复一日,不良的饮食习惯, 加上工作压力, 让她患上了慢性病。 |
stressful:adj.紧张的;有压力的; convenience:n.方便;便利;适宜;便利的事物(或设施); Overly:adv.过度地;极度地; processed:v.加工,处理;审核;列队行进;(process的过去式和过去分词)
|
Let's call it diabetes . |
我们称之为糖尿病。 |
Medical care cost her and the company more money, which means more stress. |
为此,她和她的公司 需要支付更多医药费, 这意味着更多的压力。 |
Now, she's worried about her health and making ends meet, so she's probably distracted and less productive . |
现在,她担心她的 健康状况和收支平衡, 她很有可能会分心,降低工作效率。 |
diabetes:n.糖尿病;多尿症; distracted:adj.心烦意乱; v.转移(注意力); (distract的过去分词和过去式) productive:adj.能生产的;生产的,生产性的;多产的;富有成效的;
|
But she can't be, remember? |
但是她可没法这样,记得吗? |
She's a single mother. |
她是一位单身母亲。 |
Now she's thinking, "What if something happens to me? |
她现在会考虑, “若我出事了怎么办? |
Who is going to take care of my child? |
谁来照顾我的孩子? |
Who is going to take care of my baby?" |
谁来照顾我的宝贝?” |
More stress. |
这会造成更多的压力。 |
Now take that scenario , tweak it whichever way you'd like, and lay it over the nation, and you might start to see how we run up against that multitrillion dollar cost. |
现在,你可以稍许 改变一下故事中的情形, 并放眼全国, 你现在或许可以理解, 为什么会有数万亿美元的损失。 |
This all hits very close to home for me. |
我对这件事感同身受。 |
My father's one of the hardest-working and most intelligent people that I know. |
我的父亲是我认识的 最勤劳、最聪明的人。 |
Don't get me wrong, mom worked and provided too, but he definitely embraced the role of being the primary breadwinner . |
别误会,我母亲也工作, 并贡献了许多, 但父亲绝对是家中的主心骨。 |
scenario:n.方案;情节;剧本; tweak:vt.扭;拧;扯;稍稍调整;n.扭;拧;扯;轻微调整 whichever:pron.任何一个;无论哪个;adj.无论哪个;无论哪些; run up against:撞上;偶遇;碰见;遭遇; close to home:触及痛处; intelligent:adj.有才智的;悟性强的;聪明的;有智力的 provided:conj.假如; v.提供; (provide的过去分词和过去式) definitely:adv.清楚地,当然;明确地,肯定地; embraced:v.拥抱;欣然接受,乐意采纳;信奉;包含;(embrace的过去分词和过去式) breadwinner:n.负担家计的人;养家糊口的人;
|
And I'm sure most of us can understand the stress and pressure that comes with taking care of our families. |
我确信在座的大多数都能理解 照顾家庭带来的的压力和苦恼。 |
But when you combine that with workplace stress, do you know what could happen? |
这种压力再加上职场上的压力, 你知道会有什么后果吗? |
Developing irreversible high blood pressure , eventually losing function of your kidneys and spending a decade on dialysis -- his fate. |
造成的是治不好的高血压, 逐渐发展成肾功能衰竭, 十年来依赖着做透析, 这是他的命运。 |
Now I'm happy to report that he did get a kidney transplant just last year. |
我很高兴可以和大家分享, 父亲得到了肾移植, 就在去年。 |
However -- |
但是 —— |
(Applause and cheers) |
(掌声和欢呼) |
However, for nearly a decade, neither the economy nor my family got the benefit from his work ethic or his intelligence , and as he would say, that's just really sad commentary . |
但是,将近十年, 不论是我的家庭还是全国经济 都没有从父亲的职业道德 或是智慧中受益, 而他也会说, 这非常可悲。[03:19] |
irreversible:adj.不可逆的;不能取消的;不能翻转的; blood pressure:n.[医]血压; eventually:adv.最后,终于; kidneys:n.[解剖]肾脏;转炉的附着物;肾形矿脉(kidney的复数); dialysis:n.[医][分化]透析;[分化]渗析; transplant:v.移植;迁移;使移居;n.移植;移居者; ethic:n.伦理;道德规范;adj.伦理的;道德的(等于ethical); intelligence:n.智力;智慧;才智;(尤指关于敌国的)情报; commentary:n.评论;注释;评注;说明;
|
All I'm saying is, |
我想说的是, |
I think stress impacts the economy by reducing productivity and increasing health care costs. |
我认为压力影响经济 因为它降低工作效率, 并增高医疗费用。 |
Makes sense? |
有道理吗? |
Right? |
我说的对吗? |
But here's what doesn't. |
但没道理的是, |
Current research from the World Health Organization puts global spending on health at 7.8 trillion dollars. |
现今来自世界卫生组织的研究 显示全球的医疗领域的花费 高达 7.8 万亿美元。[03:39] |
health care:n.卫生保健; Organization:n.组织;机构;体制;团体;
|
Research from the Global Wellness Institute suggests that the 4.5-trillion-dollar global wellness industry and sees that growth into 2022. |
全球健康研究所的研究显示 4.5 万亿美元的全球健康产业, 并会持续增长到 2022 年。 |
So what, why do you care? |
那又如何,你为什么需要关注这件事呢? |
Because that growth is nearly twice as fast as the global economy, averaging about 3.3 percent in the same period. |
因为这增长速度几乎是 全球经济增长的两倍, 后者同期平均增长率是 3.3 %。 |
So what does all that mean? |
那又代表了什么呢? |
Institute:v.开始(调查);制定;创立;提起(诉讼);n.学会,协会;学院;
|
Every year, we're spending more per year on health, and the industries all about developing overall well-being and living a healthier lifestyle are growing almost twice as fast as the global economy, and yet, we're losing trillions of dollars per year in output . |
每年,我们在医疗健康、 健康生活和相关产业上 投入的钱 正在以比全球经济发展 快两倍的速度急速增涨。 与此同时,每年我们还是 损失了数万亿美元的产量。 |
So what's up? |
这是怎么了? |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
Well, stress levels are up, and I believe that needs to change. |
压力升级了, 我觉得这需要改变。 |
I also believe the way we think about stress needs to change. |
我也认为人们对于 压力的观念需要改变。[04:31] |
overall:v.全部; n.外套; adj.全面的; well-being:n.幸福;康乐; trillions:n.[数]万亿;adj.万亿的;num.[数]万亿; output:n.(人、机器、机构的)产量;输出;输出功率;输出量;v.输出;
|
So let's try by reframing how we view it. |
让我们尝试改变看待压力的方式。 |
See, we tend to think about stress as a consequence , but I see it as a culture. |
你看,我们常常把压力 看作是一件事的后果, 但我却把它看做是一种文化。 |
Where do most of us spend our time? |
我们在什么事上花的时间最多? |
At work, right? |
在我们的工作上,对吧? |
Where we face that scale of finding that work-life balance. |
我们面临需要找到 工作和生活的平衡。[04:45] |
reframing:n.重新构造;v.再构造;给…装上新框架(reframe的ing形式); consequence:n.结果;重要性;推论; scale:n.规模;比例;鳞;刻度;天平;数值范围;v.衡量;攀登;剥落;生水垢;
|
So the bonds between work, stress, health and wellness have never been closer. |
因此,工作、压力、 健康和良好生活之间, 从未如此紧密相连。 |
And yet, there's a massive disconnect in how we approach stress and well-being in the workplace. |
但我们对待职场压力和身心健康方面 还存在着很多脱节。 |
And we could blame many things, right? |
我们可以错怪在很多事上: |
New tech, laser focus on shareholder returns, or my favorite, keeping up with the Joneses and taking pictures while we try. |
新的科技, 股东对于收益回报的过度关注, 或者我个人的最爱, 与远亲近邻的攀比, 我们喜欢拍照片炫耀。 |
disconnect:vt.拆开,使分离;vi.断开; approach:n.方法;路径;v.接近;建议;着手处理; shareholder:n.股东;股票持有人; Joneses:n.邻居;与自己社会地位相等的人;
|
But at the end of the day, |
但说到底, |
I'm afraid that we've created a culture where personal care and overall well-being are given the back seat. |
我担心人们创造了一种文化—— 把个人健康和良好生活放在第二位。 |
So how do we move forward? |
我们应该如何改变呢? |
I believe the answer lies in three fundamental pillars . |
我认为答案存在于三个基本板块。 |
And if you find yourselves thinking, "Rob, I've heard this before, tell me something I don't know," |
如果你发现自己在想, “罗伯,这些都是老生常谈, 说一些我没听过的吧。” |
ask yourself, if we already know what to do, then what have we been doing? |
问问你自己, 若我们已经找到了解决方法, 那我们以前都做了些什么? |
fundamental:n.基础; adj.十分重大的; pillars:n.柱子;柱状物;台柱(pillar的复数);v.用柱支持(pillar的第三人称单数);
|
First, corporations . |
首先,公司方面。 |
Specifically , how a corporation's culture and communication style play a pivotal role in the stress and well-being of a workplace. |
具体来说,公司文化和沟通风格 对职场压力和员工的良好状态 有着举足轻重的影响。 |
The DNA of a company is its culture, right? |
文化就是一家公司的基因,对吗? |
corporations:n.[贸易]公司,[经]企业(corporation的复数形式); Specifically:adv.特别地;明确地; pivotal:adj.关键的;中枢的;枢轴的;n.关键事物;中心事物;
|
It sets the tone , even goes as far as defining the company. |
它奠定了公司的基调, 甚至可以定义整个公司。 |
But I think companies should invest in the overall mental, physical and emotional well-being of their employees the way they invest in innovation , R and D, right? |
我认为公司应该在 员工的身体、心理和情感健康上 多花心思并多做投资, 就如公司在创新、研究 和发展上做的投资一样。 |
tone:n.语气:风格:特色:声音信号:v.使更结实:与…协调: as far as:至于…; defining:v.解释(词语)的含义;给(词语)下定义;阐明;界定;(define的现在分词) invest:v.投资;(把资金)投入;投入(时间、精力等);授予; physical:adj.[物]物理的;身体的;物质的;符合自然法则的;n.体格检查; emotional:adj.情绪的;易激动的;感动人的; innovation:n.创新,革新;新方法;
|
And do I think that this would increase productivity and reduce stress? |
我认为这种投资会提高 员工的工作效率并减少他们的压力。 |
I really do. |
我确信如此。 |
But for it to really stick, a company has to figure out a way to measure the overall well-being of its employees with the same accuracy and precision that they project growth and earnings . |
但为了真起成效, 公司必须找到一种方式 来评估员工的身心状态, 其方法应该和预测 发展和收入一样精准。 |
And if this sounds like a tall order , ask yourself what really is a company's most competitive advantage . |
如果这听起来要求太高, 问问你自己, 公司最有竞争力的资本是什么? |
Its people. |
是它的员工。 |
We know this. |
我们都知道。 |
And just like anything in a company, it has to start at the top. |
和公司里的所有事一样, 这种改变应该是从顶层开始。[06:18] |
accuracy:n.[数]精确度,准确性; precision:n.精度,[数]精密度;精确;adj.精密的,精确的; earnings:n.收益;收入;利润;赢利; a tall order:苛求;艰巨的任务;过高要求; competitive:adj.竞争的;比赛的;求胜心切的; advantage:n.有利条件:优势:优点:
|
So if you're a leader, openly showing how you care for your mental health and overall well-being is a huge catalyst . |
如果你是一位领导, 向所有人展示 你对于心理健康的重视, 对于良好身心状态的重视, 是一个很棒的催化剂。 |
It's no secret I'm a soccer fan, so growing up, I had a couple of coaches. |
我是个足球迷,所有人都知道, 我成长中,遇到过很多位教练。 |
And I always had one who would lead the heavy cardio workouts . |
有一个总是会带领我们 做很多的有氧运动。 |
He would not stand on the side and spectate . |
他不会站在场外观察。 |
catalyst:n.[物化]催化剂;刺激因素; cardio:n.有氧运动;pref.表示心; workouts:n.锻炼;练习;试验; spectate:vi.出席观看;
|
He would participate . |
他会主动加入我们。 |
And that did three things. |
他的行为产生了三种效果: |
It made it difficult for me to complain . |
令我很难去抱怨; |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
I always made sure to keep up, and I always felt more dialed in to the exercise. |
让我坚持跟上进度; 而且总让我更投入训练。[06:42] |
participate:v.参加;参与; complain:v.投诉;发牢骚;诉说;
|
It's the same idea. |
这是同样的道理。 |
And finally , communication. |
最后一点:沟通。 |
In order for me to really help my clients achieve their financial goals, requires that I actively listen and then respond . |
为了能确保我的客户 达到他们的财务目标, 我需要积极主动去听 他们的需求并回应。 |
Let your employees tell you what stresses them out. |
让你的员工告诉你 什么正造成他们的压力。 |
finally:adv.终于;最终;(用于列举)最后;彻底地; respond:vi.回答;作出反应;承担责任;n.应答;唱和;
|
Let them tell you what wellness benefits they need. |
让他们告诉你 什么可以让他们状态更好。 |
And then act. |
并付之行动。 |
And acting on what they tell you will show how serious you take that feedback , and I can't help but feel the company will win in the long run . |
按照他们的建议,付之行动, 向他们表明你很认真地 对待他们的建议, 如果是这样,公司肯定会获益。 |
Why? |
因为身心健康的职员 效率高,压力少。 |
Because properly equipped employees will be more productive and less stressed. |
|
Next, I'd like to ask help from everyone's favorite uncle. |
接着, 我要请大家的老大哥帮忙。 |
That's right, the government has to play a role in this. |
是的,政府需要在这件事上负起责任。[07:18] |
feedback:n.反馈;反馈意见;回授;[电子]反馈; in the long run:长远;终究;
|
The World Economic Forum and the Harvard School of Public Health major chronic diseases and mental illnesses will cost the global economy 47 trillion dollars. |
世界经济论坛和哈佛公众卫生学院 重大慢性病和精神疾病 会对全球经济造成 47 万亿美元的损失。 |
And it's 2020. |
现在已经是 2020 年了。 |
Now I'm not saying stress causes all major chronic diseases, or all mental illnesses, but even if a portion of it is, imagine how much lower that number could be if the government did what it does best -- serve as the enforcer . |
我不是说压力会导致所有慢性病 或是精神疾病, 但即使一部分是由压力所致, 想象这个数字可以降到多低。 若是我们的政府尽其所能, 当好一位尽职者。 |
Economic:adj.经济的,经济上的;经济学的; Forum:n.论坛,讨论会;法庭;公开讨论的广场; Harvard:n.哈佛大学;哈佛大学学生; portion:n.部分;(食物的)一份;分担的责任;v.把…分成若干份(或部分); enforcer:n.实施者;强制执行者;
|
But in this case, for higher workplace standards . |
但是在此情况下, 是为了提高工作环境的标准。 |
I don't know, maybe even corporate tax-incentive programs to help raise those standards, but the best wellness corporate policies and initiatives backed by a forward-thinking government won't matter much without help from the most crucial pillar. |
说不定,公司有针对性的缴税政策, 可以帮助提高这些标准。 但是公司对于员工 身心健康的政策和企划 即使获得有远见的政府支持, 若是没有关键性的支持 就不会有多大作用。 |
standards:n.标准,水平,规格(standard的复数) corporate:adj.公司的;组成公司(或团体)的;法人的;社团的; policies:n.政策;方针;原则;为人之道;保险单(policy的复数) initiatives:n.积极性;主动权(initiative的复数);创始; forward-thinking:adj.前瞻的,有远见的; crucial:adj.重要的;决定性的;定局的;决断的;
|
You. |
你。 |
That's right, stress and managing it is so dynamic , you have to play your part. |
是的,压力和解压的方式多种多样, 但你必须发挥自己的作用。 |
And it's going to benefit you and the economy. |
这会帮助到你和经济。 |
Look folks, I'm not a psychologist , OK? |
朋友们,我不是心理学家,好吗? |
But I have taken steps to develop my own mental health and overall well-being, so here's my last two cents. |
但是我对于自己的心理健康 和身心状态做出了积极的响应。 这是我最后想讲的几句。 |
dynamic:n.动力; adj.充满活力的; psychologist:n.心理学家,心理学者;
|
I think a crucial first step is for everyone is to be honest with themselves. |
我认为,大家可以踏出的第一步 是对自己坦诚。 |
About what? |
关于什么呢? |
About putting your mental, physical and emotional well-being in the rear view and the damage it has caused. |
就是正视自己的身心健康和情感状态, 并直视自己已受到的伤害。 并直视自己已受到的伤害。 |
Honest about placing public opinion above self-preservation . |
承认自己有时会将外部舆论 看得比自我评价重要。 |
Think social media . |
想想社交媒体。 |
Honest about how we define ourselves and what actually does. |
正视我们是如何定义自己 和定义自己的究竟是什么。 |
Sure, your career contributes to a portion of who you are. |
当然,你的事业的确 塑成了一部分的你,[08:40] |
rear:adj.后方的;后面的;n.后部;屁股;臀部;v.抚养;培养;饲养;用后腿直立; public opinion:n.舆论;民意; self-preservation:n.自卫本能,自我保护;自我保存; media:n.媒体;媒质(medium的复数);血管中层;浊塞音;中脉; define:v.定义;使明确;规定; career:n.职业;事业;生涯;经历; contributes:[图情]投稿;[经]捐助;[经]捐献(contribute的第三人称单数);
|
But are we allowing it to define us just a little too much? |
但是,我们是否让事业 定义我们太多了呢? |
And ask, "Is this bringing me the value I saw with what it costs me?" |
问问自己, “这是否和付出的代价相等?” |
And I don't just mean the dollars. |
我指的不局限于金钱。 |
For me, being honest meant to get a good, hard look at my relationship with my thoughts, courage and failure. |
对我来说,坦诚意味着好好看待 自己的想法,勇气和失败。 |
Started years ago in this tournament championship game, coach comes to me and says, "Rob Cooke, you step up, we can't lose today." |
多年前的一场比赛中, 一个教练来到我面前和我说, |
So I stepped up. |
我当然挺身而出, |
Failed. |
却失败了。 |
We lost. |
我们输了。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑声)[09:08] |
tournament:n.锦标赛,联赛;比赛; championship:n.锦标赛;冠军称号;冠军的地位;
|
Thanks for laughing. |
谢谢你们笑我。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
Feels good. |
感觉真好。 |
No, but ... |
我只是开玩笑,但是, |
You know, after that, it stayed with me for a while , to the point where any opportunity to step up, grow, develop, |
这件事缠绕了我很久, 当我遇到很多其它机会, 需要我挺身而出、 去成长、发展时, |
I'd quietly bow my head, step back. |
我都会低下头, 往后退一步。 |
And then I discovered mindfulness . |
直到我发现了——正念。 |
And I continued to develop it in my daily life to this day . |
现在,我在每一天生活中 都不断地练习正念。 |
To live in the present, the now. |
活在当下。[09:32] |
for a while:adv.片刻;暂时;一会儿;一时; mindfulness:n.留心,警觉; to this day:至今;
|
Now I get it, mindfulness may not be for everyone, but when I think of some of the most successful and impactful people, |
我知道,正念可能不适用于所有人, 但我想到那些成功人士 和有影响力的人, |
I see a common trend . |
他们都是自己心理状态的大师, |
Mastery of their mental game. |
他们都是自己心理状态的大师, |
Which includes stress management . |
其中包括处理压力。 |
It's all about developing awareness , acknowledgment and acceptance of your current thoughts, emotions, environment and physical state. |
这都与培养自己的认知意识, 发现并接受 自己的想法、情感、环境和身体。[09:45] |
impactful:adj.有效的;有力的; trend:n.趋势;动向;趋向;动态;v.走向;趋向; Mastery:n.掌握;精通;优势;征服;统治权; management:n.管理;管理人员;管理部门;操纵;经营手段; awareness:n.意识,认识;明白,知道; acknowledgment:n.感谢;承认;承认书; acceptance:n.验收;接受;认可;承认;
|
Right? |
对吗? |
Now I didn't say never facing stress. |
我不是说永远都不面对压力, |
But the management of that stress -- that's the benefit, again, for you and the economy. |
而是处理压力的能力, 它可以帮助到你和经济。 |
I'll leave you with this thought. |
我希望可以给你们留下最后一点。 |
We all know that retirement is all about saving more now for later. |
我们都知道面对退休, 最重要的是现在多存钱, 为以后做准备。 |
What if we treated our mental health and overall well-being in the same capacity ? |
如果我们可以用同样的方式 对待心理健康和身心状态会怎么样? |
Develop and save more of you now for later in life. |
在现今多多发展并储存自己, 为了以后的生活。 |
Doing nothing means more cost, and worse, less time. |
不做和浪费没什么区别, 更糟糕的是,时间在不停流逝。 |
retirement:n.退休;退职;退休年龄;退休生活; treated:v.以…态度对待;把…看作;(treat的过去分词和过去式) capacity:n.能力;容量;资格,地位;生产力;
|
And of the two, which can't you get back? |
两者中, 哪一个是你不可失而复得的? |
So let's start moving this culture of stress forward, and start living happier, healthier and hopefully, more productive lives. |
所以让我们直视压力文化, 并开始过更开心,更健康 更有效率的生活, |
Thank you. |
谢谢。 |
(Applause) |
(掌声) |