|
|
Rives_TTYL_2008-_用表情符号讲故事_
|
This means I'm smiling. |
这个表示我正在笑。 |
So does that. |
这个也是笑。 |
This means mouse. |
这个表示老鼠。 |
Cat. |
猫。 |
Here we have a story. |
现在让我们来看一个故事。 |
The start of the story, where this means guy, and that is a ponytail on a passer-by . |
故事的开始,这是一个男生, 而这是梳着马尾辫的路人。 |
ponytail:n.马尾辫; passer-by:n.过路人;经过的人;
|
Here's where it happens. |
这是故事发生的地点。 |
These are when. |
这是发生的时间。 |
This is a cassette tape the girl puts into her cassette tape player. |
这是一个录音磁带,被放在了女孩录音机里。 |
cassette:n.暗盒;磁带盒;盒式磁带;卡式磁带;v.用盒式磁带[胶卷或录像磁带]录制;
|
She wears it every day. |
女孩每天都携带着它。 |
It's not considered vintage -- she just likes certain music to sound a certain way. |
这并不是女孩想要复古。 她只是喜欢特有的音乐用特有的方式播出。 |
vintage:n.葡萄收获期; adj.古老的; v.采葡萄; vi.采葡萄;
|
Look at her posture , it's remarkable . |
看她姿态优雅,非常引人注目。 |
posture:n.姿势;态度;看法;立场;处理方式;v.故作姿态;装样子 remarkable:adj.卓越的;非凡的;值得注意的;
|
That's because she dances. |
那是因为她常跳舞。 |
Now he, the guy, takes all of this in, figuring, "Honestly, geez , what are my chances?" |
现在他,一个男孩,看到了所有这些,不禁想到: 说真的,老天,我的机会是多少啊? |
geez:v.注射麻醉品;注射;
|
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
And he could say, "Oh my God!" |
他本可以说:“哦,我的天啊!” |
or "I heart you!" |
或者“我爱你。” |
I'm laughing out loud. |
“我在大笑。” |
I want to give you a hug. |
“我想给你个拥抱。” |
But he comes up with that, you know. |
但他最后竟然说──── |
He tells her, "I'd like to hand-paint your portrait on a coffee mug ." |
“我想在马克杯上手绘你的肖像。” |
portrait:n.肖像;描写;半身雕塑像; mug:n.指圆筒形;啤酒杯;(非正式)傻瓜;(非正式)脸;v.抢劫;做鬼脸;
|
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
Put a crab inside it. |
放一只螃蟹进去。 |
crab:n.蟹;螃蟹;蟹肉;阴虱病;v.捕蟹;用爪抓;使侧航;使斜行;
|
Add some water. |
加点水。 |
Seven different salts. |
七种不同的盐。 |
He means he's got this sudden notion to stand on dry land, but just panhandle at the ocean. |
他想说他突发奇想,想站在大陆上, 向海洋乞讨, |
notion:n.观念;信念;理解; panhandle:n.平锅柄;(美)柄状的狭长区域;vt.向…乞讨;乞得;vi.行乞;
|
He says, "You look like a mermaid , but you walk like a waltz ." |
他说:你看上去,就像个美人鱼,但是你走路的时候,又象华尔兹一样优美。" |
mermaid:n.美人鱼(传说中的);女子游泳健将; waltz:v.跳华尔兹舞; adj.圆舞曲的; n.华尔兹舞;
|
And the girl goes, "Wha'?" |
而女孩说:“啥?” |
So, the guy replies, "Yeah, I know, I know. |
男孩回答说:“是的,我知道,我知道的。 |
I think my heartbeat might be the Morse code for inappropriate . |
我的心跳在莫斯代码中代表着不合时宜。 |
heartbeat:n.心跳;情感; Morse code:n.莫尔斯电码; inappropriate:adj.不适当的;不相称的;
|
At least, that's how it seems. |
至少,它看上去是这样的。 |
I'm like a junior varsity cheerleader sometimes -- for swearing, awkward silences, and very simple rhyme schemes . |
我有的时候像高中三年级的拉拉队队长──── 常讲脏话、突然安静、只懂得简单的押韵。 |
junior varsity:na.(大学院校的)体育代表队二队; cheerleader:n.拉拉队队员; awkward:adj.尴尬的;笨拙的;棘手的;不合适的; rhyme:韵律 schemes:n.方案,计划;阴谋(scheme的复数);v.计划,设计;谋划(scheme的三单形式);
|
Right now, talking to you, I'm not even really a guy. |
但是现在,和你说话,我感觉自己甚至不是一个男孩了。 |
I'm a monkey, |
我是一只猴子。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
blowing kisses at a butterfly. |
把飞吻 献给一只蝴蝶. |
But I'm still suggesting you and I should meet. |
但我还是建议你和我见个面。 |
First, soon, and then a lot. |
第一次,渐渐的,直到很多次。 |
I'm thinking the southwest corner of 5th and 42nd at noon tomorrow, but I'll stay until you show up, ponytail or not. |
我在想明天中午在第5街和第42街的十字路口的西南角, 但我会一直在那里等你,直到你的到来,不管你梳马尾辫,还是不梳。 |
Hell, ponytail alone. |
见鬼,还是只要马尾辫吧。 |
I don't know what else to tell you. |
我不知道还有什么可以告诉你的。 |
I got a pencil you can borrow. |
我有一只铅笔,你可以借用。 |
You can put it in your phone." |
你也可以记在你的手机里。” |
But the girl does not budge , does not smile, does not frown . |
但是,女孩,没有让步,也没有微笑,也没有不满。 |
budge:vi.挪动; vt.使让步; n.羔羊皮; frown:n.皱眉;蹙眉头;v.皱眉;
|
She just says, "No thank you." |
她只是说:"不了,谢谢你。 |
You know? |
你知道吗?(我不需要写下来。) |
[ "i don't need 2 write it down." ] |
|
(Applause) |
(鼓掌) |