返回首页

ReneeLertzman_2019W-_该如何将气候焦虑化为行动_-

It's deeply painful to face what's happening on our planet right now. 面对我们星球上 正在发生的事是非常痛苦的。
painful:adj.痛苦的;疼痛的;令人不快的;
From forests burning, ocean plastic, species just gone each day, displacement . 森林在燃烧, 海洋遍布塑料, 物种一天天消逝, 生命进行大置换。
species:n.[生物]物种;种类; displacement:n.取代,位移;[船]排水量;
It's easy to feel totally overwhelmed . 这一切都太容易 让人觉得喘不过气。
overwhelmed:v.受打击,压倒;淹没;(overwhelm的过去分词和过去式)
Maybe a bit helpless . 你可能会有点无助。
helpless:adj.无助的;无能的;没用的;
Powerless. 觉得无计可施。
Angry. 怒火中烧。
On fire. 如坐针毡。
Numb. 麻木不仁。
Disconnected . 心绪凌乱。
Disconnected:adj.分离的; v.切断(煤气、水或电的供应); (disconnect的过去式和过去分词)
Perhaps all of the above. 可能上述这些情绪你都会有。
These messy and complicated feelings, they make total sense. 这些混乱复杂的情感 全都说得通。
messy:adj.肮脏的;凌乱的;不整洁的; complicated:adj.复杂的;难懂的;v.使复杂化;(complicate的过去分词和过去式)
I wish that someone had said this to me 30 years ago. 我多希望 30 年前 能有人对我说这些话。
I was a college freshman taking environmental studies, which is basically a semester of really bad news about all the ways that humans have profoundly damaged our beautiful earth. 当时我是个大学新生, 选了环境研究这门课, 基本上一学期听到的全是 非常糟糕的新闻。 内容都是关于人类如何严重破坏了 我们美丽的地球。
basically:adv.主要地,基本上; semester:n.学期;半年; profoundly:adv.深刻地;深深地;极度地;
And I felt like I had been dropped into a dark tunnel , given no tools to get out and yet expected to carry on with my everyday life as if things were normal. 我觉得自己仿佛掉进了 一个黑暗的隧道, 没有任何方法可以离开, 但我仍期望我的日常生活 能够一如既往的平静。
tunnel:n.地下通道;地道;隧道;(动物的)洞穴通道;v.开凿隧道;挖地道;
But once you're exposed to that kind of information, things are not normal anymore. 可一旦你接收到了那类信息, 事情再也不会如常了。
exposed:adj.无遮蔽的; v.暴露; (expose的过去分词和过去式)
And I was anxious, I was terrified, no one was talking about this, and I almost dropped out of school, for real. 我很焦虑,也很恐惧, 没人在谈论这个问题。 坦白说,我差点因此而退学。
But instead, I signed up for a field study in California, and we were backpacking together as a small group for two months, which I know sounds very intense . 不过我并没有退学,而是报名参加了 加利福尼亚的田野调查。 两个月的时间里,我们 结成了小组,一起徒步旅行。 我知道这听上去非常辛苦。
backpacking:n.徒步旅行; intense:adj.强烈的;紧张的;非常的;热情的;
And it was, but what I found is that we talked a lot. 事实也确实如此。 但我发现我们聊了很多。
We talked about how we were feeling about the world, openly and honestly, and no one told me at any point to be more positive or more hopeful. 我们谈论了各自 对世界的感受, 大家都开诚布公, 从没有人对我说要变得更积极, 或更充满希望。
positive:adj.积极的;[数]正的,[医][化学]阳性的;确定的;n.正数;[摄]正片;
Not once. 一次都没有。
And surprisingly , I found myself feeling better. 然而令人惊讶的是, 我发现自己感觉好多了。
surprisingly:adv.令人惊讶地;出乎意料地
I actually felt like I could face these issues that had seemed so insurmountable more head on. 事实上,我感到自己更能面对 那些似乎难以克服的问题。 我能直面这些了。
issues:n.重要议题;争论的问题;v.宣布;公布;发出;(issue的第三人称单数和复数) insurmountable:adj.不能克服的;不能超越的;难以对付的;
And I had this epiphany : 我有了这个顿悟:
epiphany:对事物真谛的顿悟;
What if by understanding ourselves and one another, we could find our way through this crisis in a new and different way? 如果通过自我了解 和了解他人, 我们能找到一种全新的,不同的方式 来度过这场危机呢?
What if:如果…怎么办? crisis:n.危机;危险期;决定性时刻;adj.危机的;用于处理危机的;
You know, what if psychology actually held a missing key to unlocking action on the greatest challenges facing our planet right now? 如果心理学中确实隐藏着 一把缺失的钥匙, 能把如今面对我们星球的 艰巨挑战化为行动呢?
psychology:n.心理学;心理状态; unlocking:v.(用钥匙)开…的锁;发现;揭示;揭开;(unlock的现在分词)
So when I got back from the field study, 所以当我结束实地调查回去之后,
I focused on clinical psychology, and I researched the relationships between trauma and grief and creativity. 我开始专注于临床心理学, 研究创伤、哀伤 和创造力这三者之间的关系。
clinical:adj.临床的;诊所的; trauma:n.[外科]创伤(由心理创伤造成精神上的异常);外伤; grief:n.悲痛;忧伤;不幸;
And the paradox at the heart of, I think, all of this is how do we stay present with what's really painful, how do we stay connected in the face of what's threatening and overwhelming and scary? 我觉得,所有问题的核心矛盾 就在于,我们在非常悲伤的时候 如何保持现状, 我们在面临威胁、 压力和惊吓时 如何与他人保持联系?
paradox:n.悖论,反论;似非而是的论点;自相矛盾的人或事; in the face of:面对; overwhelming:adj.势不可挡的; v.压倒; (overwhelm的现在分词)
And it turns out that psychology knows a lot about these things. 事实证明,心理学 对这些事情很有研究。
Truly, a lot. 真的是非常精通。
But I wasn't hearing any of this being referenced in my environmental studies class, or the climate action meetings I started going to, or the international conferences , where everyone is asking: 但是无论是在环境研究课上, 还是我那时开始参加的 气候行动会议, 甚至国际会议, 我都从没听过这类内容被提起。 每个人都在倡导:
referenced:v.查阅;参考;给(书等)附参考资料;(reference的过去分词和过去式) conferences:n.会议(conference的复数形式);
Why aren't we acting faster, and what's it going to take? 为什么我们不加快行动? 我们要付出什么代价?
And so this has become my mission of sorts, which is that I take insights from psychology and I translate them into resources and tools to support those working on the frontlines to turn things around . 于是这变成了我的某种使命, 那就是,从心理学中获得洞见, 然后把它们转化成资源和工具, 以支持一线工作者们扭转干坤,
mission:n.使命,任务;代表团;布道;v.派遣;向…传教; insights:n.洞察力;眼力;深刻见解(insight的复数); translate:v.翻译;被翻译;被译成;(使)转变; resources:n.[计][环境]资源; v.向…提供资金(resource的第三人称单数); frontlines:前线(frontline的名词复数); turn things around:扭转干坤;扭转时局;
And that means for anyone, by the way . 也就是我们所有人。
by the way:顺便说一下;
We're all on the frontlines right now. 我们现在都处于前线。
And it's my belief, after years of straddling these worlds between environment and climate and psychology, that this actually is a missing ingredient in our work 在多年 穿梭于环境、气候 和心理学的世界之后, 我也相信, 这实际上是我们工作中缺少的要素,
straddling:v.骑;跨坐;跨过;横跨;两栖于(straddle的现在分词) ingredient:n.原料;要素;组成部分;adj.构成组成部分的;
that can exponentially accelerate our capacities to be creative and resilient and capable and skillful and courageous and all those things that the world is needing from us right now. 可以指数级加速我们的能力, 让我们变得更具有创造力、有韧性、 有能力、有技巧、充满勇气, 当今世界正需要 我们身上的这些特质。
exponentially:adv.以指数方式; accelerate:v.加快;加速;n.接受速成教育的学生; capacities:n.能力;容量;性能;生产量(capacity的复数); creative:adj.创造性的; resilient:adj.弹回的,有弹力的; capable:adj.能干的,能胜任的;有才华的; skillful:adj.熟练的;巧妙的; courageous:adj.有胆量的,勇敢的;
So I'm going to share three concepts with you that I found particularly game-changing and how I make sense of this moment for us as humans. 因此,我将和大家分享三个 我觉得特别具有影响力的概念, 以及我是如何理解这一刻 对于我们人类的意义。
particularly:adv.特别地,独特地;详细地,具体地;明确地,细致地; make sense of:搞清…的意思;
And the first is something called our window of tolerance . 第一个概念是我们的容忍范围。
tolerance:n.公差;耐量;宽容;容忍;
So Dr. Dan Siegel has described us all as having a window. 丹?西格尔博士曾形容, 人人都拥有一个容忍范围。
described:v.描述;形容;把…称为;做…运动;(describe的过去分词和过去式)
How much stress can we tolerate while staying connected and what clinicians would call " integrated ." 在保持和外界联系的同时 我们能承受多少压力? 临床医生称其为“整合”。
tolerate:v.容忍;忍受;容许;包容; clinicians:临床医生(clinician的名词复数); integrated:adj.综合的; v.整合; (integrate的过去式和过去分词)
Integrated, where we can actually be in touch with our thoughts and feelings and not just get kind of co-opted . 整合,即我们真切地 与思想和情感保持联系, 而不只是某种被动接受。
in touch with:同…有联系,和…有接触; co-opted:v.增选(某人)为委员;拉拢;笼络;(co-opt的过去分词和过去式)
And we all have a threshold . 我们都有容忍的限度。
threshold:n.入口;门槛;开始;极限;临界值;
And what happens when we experience stress beyond what we can tolerate? 当面临超出我们忍受范围的压力时, 会发生什么?
We tend to go into the edges of our window. 我们倾向于接近 容忍界限的边缘。
And on one hand , we might go into a sort of collapse , what's called a chaotic response , which looks like depression , despair , kind of a shutting down. 一方面, 我们可能会陷入某种崩溃, 也就是所谓的混沌反应。 我们会感到沮丧、绝望、 有种停摆了的感觉。
on one hand:一方面; collapse:vi.倒塌;瓦解;暴跌;vt.使倒塌,使崩溃;使萎陷;折叠;n.倒塌;失败;衰竭; chaotic:adj.混沌的;混乱的,无秩序的; response:n.响应;反应;回答; depression:n.沮丧;洼地;不景气;忧愁; despair:v.绝望;失去希望;丧失信心;n.绝望;
And on the other side of this window is a more rigid response: denial , anger, rigid. 在容忍范围的另一边 则是一种更僵化的反应: 否认, 愤怒, 僵化。
on the other side:另一面;在另一边; rigid:adj.严格的;僵硬的,死板的;坚硬的;精确的; denial:n.否认;否定;剥夺(应有的权利);拒不承认(令人不快、痛苦的事);
And so when that happens, we actually lose our capacity to be integrated, resilient, adaptive , all those things that we want to be. 所以当这种情况发生时, 我们实际上失去了情绪整合、 韧性、适应力, 以及所有我们想要的情绪控制力。
capacity:n.能力;容量;资格,地位;生产力; adaptive:adj.适应的,适合的;
And this is totally normal, but it's happening all around the world right now, right? 这很正常, 但也在全世界发生着,不是吗?
We're all vacillating between these different feelings and emotions . 我们都在这些不同的感受 和情绪之间摇摆不定。
vacillating:adj.优柔寡断的;犹豫的;v.动摇(vacillate的ing形式);犹豫; emotions:n.强烈的感情;激情;情感;(emotion的复数)
And so with something like climate change, with every new scientific report, documentary, connecting the dots between, you know, what we're doing and the impact it's having, it can collectively be pushing us outside of our window of tolerance. 正因如此, 在像气候变化之类的问题上, 每一份新的科学报告, 纪录片, 都在将我们在做的事情, 和这些事情产生的影响 联系起来, 从而可能会将我们共同 推到容忍范围之外。
scientific:adj.科学的,系统的; impact:n.影响;效果;碰撞;冲击力;v.挤入,压紧;撞击;对…产生影响; collectively:adv.共同地,全体地;
And we lose that capacity, right? 然后我们就失去 容忍的能力了,对吧?
So, over the years, I've interviewed hundreds of people from all backgrounds and political affiliations , from the Midwest US to China, and I talked to people about how are we feeling about what's happening. 这些年来,我采访了数百名 有着不同背景和政治倾向的人。 他们有的来自美国中西部, 有的来自中国。 我和他们谈论了 对正在发生的事情的感受。
interviewed:v.对(某人)进行面试(或面谈); (媒体)采访(interview的过去分词和过去式) affiliations:n.联盟;附属机构;加入(affiliation的复数); Midwest:n.美国的中西部;
Not what opinions or beliefs. 不是什么观点或者信念,
What are we feeling about what's going on with your local environment, with your water, your soil, the big picture. 而是我们各自 对当地环境的感受, 水,土壤,整个环境。
And what I hear from people almost across the board , I'm telling you, is a bind. 可以和大家说,我几乎是 从各界人士那听到的, 都是束缚。
across the board:全面地,整体地;
People tell me at some point in the conversation, "I care very deeply about what's happening, 人们在谈话中的某个时刻告诉我, “我非常关心正在发生的事情,
I'm incredibly freaked out. 我真的被吓坏了。
incredibly:adv.难以置信地;非常地; freaked:v.(使)强烈反应,震惊,畏惧;(freak的过去分词和过去式)
I'm scared, 我很害怕,
I love this land, I love the birds," 我爱这片土地,我爱鸟儿,”
whatever that is, "But I feel like my actions are insignificant . 诸如此类, “但是我觉得我的举动微不足道。
insignificant:adj.无关紧要的;
And I don't know where to start. 我也不知道从何开始。
And I'm also --" 我也……”
I hear between the lines of what people say -- "I'm really scared to change. 我听懂了人们字里行间的含义—— “我真的很害怕改变。
Really scared of any change, it's so -- 真的很害怕任何改变,这真的太……
I can't even think about it, it's like, unthinkable ." 我甚至想都不敢想, 无法想象。”
unthinkable:adj.不能想象的;过分的;
And this is the second concept, which is something called a double bind . 这就是我要说的第二个概念, 叫做“双重束缚”。
double bind:n.两难境地;
And a double bind is when we feel sort of like, damned if you do, and damned if you don't, and you're just kind of stuck there. 双重束缚就是我们会感觉有点像 被诅咒,事情做也不是, 不做也不是, 只能单纯地被困在原地。
damned:adj.该死的; v.该死,混账; (damn的过去分词和过去式)
It's a very intolerable human experience. 这种人生体验令人难以忍受。
intolerable:adj.无法忍受的;难耐的;
And we will do anything we can to get rid of it and just push it away. 我们会竭尽所能摆脱它,将其推开。
And so all that care and concern , it's there, it just goes down, it goes underground. 于是所有的在意和关心, 都在渐渐减退, 隐藏起来,消失不见。
concern:v.涉及,关系到;使担心;n.关系;关心;关心的事;
But what happens is, it looks like people don't care, it looks like apathy . 但实际发生的是, 看起来人们并不在乎, 表现得很冷漠。
apathy:n.冷漠,无兴趣,漠不关心;无感情;
And so a lot of folks who are seeing the urgency of the situation are like, "We've got to motivate you. 许多看到这种紧迫情况的人都是 “我们必须给你鼓劲。
urgency:n.紧急;催促;紧急的事; motivate:v.激励;激发;成为…的动机;是…的原因;
We've got to get you psyched ." 我们得让你振奋起来。”
psyched:adj.兴奋;殷切期待;v.用精神分析治疗(psych的过去分词和过去式)
And we become cheerleaders for solutions. 然后我们就变成了 解决方案的啦啦队长。
cheerleaders:n.拉拉队(电影名);啦啦队;
Or like, "Here's the facts, this is happening, wake up." 或者会像这样,“事实摆在眼前, 一切正在发生,赶快清醒吧。”
And these things are actually not inherently bad, because we need solutions and we need to face the facts. 实际上,这些事情本身并不糟糕, 因为我们需要解决方案, 我们也需要面对现实。
inherently:adv.内在地;固有地;天性地;
But inadvertently , this can backfire and lead to more numbing and inaction , which is very perplexing for a lot of people. 但这些无意间都会适得其反, 并且导致更多的麻木和无所作为, 这些情况对许多人来说都非常困惑。
inadvertently:adj.非故意地,无心地; backfire:v.适得其反; n.回火; (摩托车的)放气声; inaction:n.不活动;迟钝; perplexing:adj.令人不解的;v.迷惑;使困惑;(perplex的现在分词)
It's like, what the heck is going on, right? 这就像,“这都什么情况啊”,是吧?
heck:n.(英口)同"hell",表示略微烦恼或吃惊;
And so, this is because of this, you know, it's not really touching what's going on underneath . 其实,这都是因为 我们没有真正触及问题的核心。
underneath:prep.在…的下面;在…的支配下;n.下面;底部;adj.下面的;底层的;
So imagine that you go see a therapist , and you've got a double bind. 想象一下, 你去看心理治疗师, 你正在经受着双重束缚。
therapist:n.临床医学家;治疗学家;
You're feeling really stuck, you know you've got to change and the therapist starts shouting at you and saying, "Don’t you see what's happening? 你感觉陷入了困境, 也知道你应该改变, 然后心理治疗师开始冲你大喊大叫, 说:“你没看到发生了什么吗?
If you don't act now, you're going to face terrifying consequences . 如果你不马上行动, 会面临可怕的后果。
terrifying:adj.令人恐惧的;骇人的;极大的;v.使害怕,使恐怖;(terrify的现在分词) consequences:n.后果,结果;影响(consequence的复数);
What's wrong with you? 你到底怎么了?
What's it going to take?" 你到底想要怎么办?”
Or you see a therapist and you're feeling actually sad and grief. 或者你觉得真的非常难过悲伤, 然后你去找心理治疗师。
And this therapist says, "You know, don't think about it too much. 这位心理治疗师说: “别想太多。
Here's some simple things you can do. 你可以做做这些
Simple positive things." 简单而有积极意义的事情。”
And sends you on your way. 然后让你从哪来回哪去。
So if it were me, 如果是我的话,
I would fire this therapist immediately, because a good therapist practices something called attunement. 我会马上解雇这些治疗师。 因为好的治疗师会尝试一种 叫做调和的方式。
I love this concept so much. 我非常喜欢这个概念。
Attunement, right, the word "to tune ." 调和,没错,其中有个“调”字。
tune:n.曲调;和谐;心情;v.调整;使一致;为…调音;调谐;
And attunement is when we're feeling in sync , when we feel understood and we feel accepted for exactly where we are. 调和是当我们的感受同步, 当我们感到被理解, 自己的状况被完全接受时,
sync:n.同步,同时;vi.同时发生;vt.使同步;
And we feel that, you know, we're in relationship with the world in a way that makes sense, no one's trying to change us or shame us or judge us. 感受到 我们是以一种有意义的方式 和世界建立了联系。 没有人试图改变我们, 羞辱我们或是批判我们。
Right? 我说清楚了吗?
And attunement takes skill. 调和需要技巧。
When the stakes are high, let me tell you, it's very hard to want to attune with anything, when we're facing such urgent threats. 当风险很高的时候, 可以告诉大家的是, 当我们面临紧急的威胁时, 很难去调和任何东西。
stakes:n.桩; v.以…打赌,拿…冒险; attune:vt.使协调;使合拍;为…调音;调合波长; urgent:adj.紧急的;急迫的;
But the paradox of the moment we're in is that when we are more in tune in our window of tolerance, we are so much more capable of solving problems, being creative, being adaptive, being flexible , being our brilliant selves, right? 但我们现在面临的矛盾是, 当我们在忍受范围内更协调的时候, 我们解决问题的能力更强, 也更能富于创造,更有适应力, 更加灵活, 更能发挥出自己的潜能。
flexible:adj.灵活的;柔韧的;易弯曲的;
So what if our climate and environmental work was informed by these concepts, right, of window of tolerance, lot of double binds and attunement? 如果我们从忍受范围, 诸多的双重束缚, 以及心理调和 等这些概念中 得到了气候和环境工作的启示 会如何?
informed:adj.见多识广的; v.通知; (inform的过去分词和过去式) binds:v.约束;捆绑;系;装订;n.窘境;(binds是bind的第三人称单数)
So it can look like a whole lot of things. 看起来似乎很复杂。
So I'm asked all the time, "OK, Renee, this sounds awesome for a clinical context , we don't have time for this." 我一直被问道, “好吧,蕾妮, 临床上是听起来很赞, 可我们没办法 为这么多东西花时间。“
awesome:adj.令人敬畏的;使人畏惧的;可怕的;极好的; context:n.环境;上下文;来龙去脉;
And that is absolutely not true. 这绝对是一种误解。
absolutely not:绝对不会;绝对不是;绝对不行;
Because we can bring attunement into every aspect of our work on this issue. 因为我们可以将调和 融入与此议题相关工作的各个方面。
aspect:n.方面;层面;外观;方位;
And it starts with ourselves. 先从我们自身出发。
You actually can't do attunement unless you're in touch with yourself, 很遗憾告诉大家, 除非你自己和你的心灵保持相通,
I'm sorry to break it to you. 否则是没有办法完成调和的。
There's no way around it. 没有其他可行的方法,
It's from the inside out. 它是由内而外的。
And so it starts with actually tuning in to "how am I feeling?" 真正的调和是从 “我感觉如何?”开始的。
tuning:n.调谐;收听;调音;v.(为乐器)调音;调节(发动机);调频道;(tune的现在分词)
And being compassionate . 接着是保持同情心。
compassionate:adj.慈悲的;富于同情心的;vt.同情;怜悯;
I know it's easy to say but really being compassionate, it's like, these are hard issues. 我知道这些说起来都很容易, 但要真的富有同情心 是很困难的事。
This is a hard moment to be a human being, we're waking up. 这是人类的艰难时刻, 我们在慢慢清醒。
I'm not a bad person. “我不是个坏人啊。
What's going on, bring curiosity into our own experience, which then allows us to attune socially, that's the next way we can apply this, is attuning , whether it's in small groups or one-on-one , campaigning, strategy , classrooms, movie theaters , parks. 到底发生了什么?” 将好奇心带入我们自己的经历, 然后让我们进行社交上的调和, 这就是我们可以用到调和的地方。 无论是在小群体 还是一对一的环境中, 活动,方略,教室,电影院, 还有公园。
curiosity:n.好奇,好奇心;珍品,古董,古玩; apply:v.申请;涂,敷;应用;适用;请求; attuning:v.调(音);使调和;(attune的现在分词) one-on-one:adj.一对一的;直接对立的;adv.一对一;面对面;n.一对一的比赛; strategy:n.策略;行动计划;部署;战略; theaters:n.影剧院,剧院(theater复数);
Where we can give each other permission to just be who we are, and again, this allows us to move into the higher level functioning. 我们可以允许彼此只做自己, 再一次地,这让我们进入 更高层次的运转中。
The executive function, the prefrontal cortex , when we feel that our nervous system can calm down and we are understood by the other. 执行功能, 前额叶皮层, 当我们感觉到神经系统镇定下来, 接着我们就会彼此理解。
executive:n.管理人员; adj.经营管理的; prefrontal:adj.[解剖]前额的;额叶前部的;n.[解剖]额前骨; cortex:n.[解剖]皮质;树皮;果皮; nervous system:n.神经系统;
And the third way is leading with attunement. 第三种思路就是 用调和的方式去领导。
third way:n.第三条道路(介乎两种极端立场之间的行动方案或政策);
As leaders and influencers , showing up as human, as real, saying, "You know what? 作为领导者和有影响力的人, 要表现自己人性的一面,要真实, 说:“你知道吗?
influencers:n.影响者;有影响力的人(influencer的复数);
I am really scared. 我真的吓到了。
I don't know what all the answers are." 我不知道所有的应对方法。”
Can you imagine leaders saying that? 你能想象领导们说出这些话吗?
'"I don't know. “我不知道。
But here we are, and we're all needed. 但是我们都在这儿, 我们都是被需要的。
And we're in this together. 我们会众志成城。
And we can do this." 我们可以做到的。”
That's a very different message than just, "We can do this," right. 这和只说“我们可以做到” 完全不同,对吧?
It's like, "Here we are. 这就像在说,”我们在这儿。
I'm scared, but this is happening." 我很害怕,但事态就是如此。”
So here's the thing, all of this work exists, we have the tools to create these conditions that can allow us to show up as our brilliant selves. 所以说, 这些工作全都存在, 而我们拥有工具能创造这些条件 来让我们彰显 出色的自我。
And I know, without doubt, 100 percent, that each one of us has the capacity to meet these challenges with the ingenuity and brilliance and bravery that we as humans have. 我十分确信, 我们每个人都有能力 发挥聪明才智去挑战难题, 而才华和勇气正是 我们人类拥有的。
ingenuity:n.心灵手巧,独创性;精巧;精巧的装置; brilliance:n.光辉;才华;宏伟; bravery:n.勇敢;勇气;
We just need to cultivate the conditions together. 我们只需要共同培养这些条件。
cultivate:vt.培养;陶冶;耕作;
We need each other. 我们需要彼此,
To support each other and allow ourselves to really meet this. 去互相支持, 让我们真正实现这个目标。
That's what we need, so ... 那正是我们需要的,所以……
Let's take a deep breath. 让我们深吸一口气,
Have compassion for ourselves and one another in this moment, time in history, so we collectively process these painful truths, these difficult realities. 对自己和彼此共情, 在此时此刻, 让我们共同面对这些痛苦的事实, 这些艰难的现实。
process:v.处理;加工;列队行进;n.过程,进行;方法,adj.经过特殊加工(或处理)的;
Let's do this together. 让我们一起行动。
The world is ready for us to do this. 世界在等待着我们行动。
And we can do this. 而我们也有能力做到这些。
Thank you. 谢谢大家。
(Applause) (掌声)