|
|
ReedHastings_2018-_网飞如何改变娱乐以及它未来的方向_
|
Chris Anderson: I have been long so fascinated and amazed by so many aspects of Netflix . |
克里斯安德森: 網飛的許多面向都讓我 一直很著迷和驚艷。 |
aspects:n.方面;相位;面貌(aspect的复数); Netflix:n.网飞公司(出租DVD;在线观看电影的网站。);
|
You're full of surprises, if I may say so. |
充滿驚喜,我是說真的。 |
One of those surprises happened, I think about six years ago. |
其中一個驚喜 是大約六年前發生的。 |
So, the company back then was doing really well, but you were basically a streaming service for other people's films and TV content . |
當時,網飛的狀況非常好, 但基本上,你的主要業務 就是串流服務, 內容是其他人製作的 電影和電視節目。 |
basically:adv.主要地,基本上; content:n.内容,目录;满足;容量;adj.满意的;vt.使满足;
|
You'd persuaded Wall Street that you were right to make the kind of radical shift away from just sending people DVDs, so you were doing it by streaming. |
你讓華爾街看到你的眼光很正確, 做出徹底的轉變, 不再只是把 DVD 寄給客人, 你改用了串流的方式。 |
persuaded:v.劝说;说服;使信服;使相信;(persuade的过去式和过去分词) Wall Street:n.华尔街(美国纽约金融中心和证券交易所所在地); radical:n.自由基;激进分子;游离基;adj.根本的;彻底的;完全的;全新的; shift:n.移动;变化;手段;轮班;v.移动;转变;转换;
|
And you were growing like a weed -- you had more than six million subscribers and healthy growth rates, and yet, you chose that moment to kind of make a giant -- really, a bet-the-company decision. |
網飛就像野草般地成長—— 用戶數目超過六百萬, 成長率也很健康, 但,你選擇在這個時刻, 做出重大——可說根本是 賭上了公司的決策。 |
weed:v.除草;铲除;n.杂草,野草;菸草; subscribers:n.订阅者,[金融]认股人;捐款人(subscriber复数形式); giant:n.巨人;伟人;巨兽;adj.巨大的;特大的
|
What was that decision, and what motivated it? |
能否談談那個決策 以及背後的動機? |
motivated:adj.有动机的; v.使产生动机;
|
Reed Hastings: Well, cable networks from all time have started on other people's content and then grown into doing their own originals . |
里德哈斯廷斯:嗯, 各時期的有線網路 一開始都是用別人的內容, 成長之後接著做自己的原創內容。 |
Reed:n.芦笛;[植]芦苇;芦苇杆;[乐]舌簧; cable:n.电缆; v.打电报; (用锚链,缆索等)系住; originals:n.原件(original的复数);[图情]原稿;
|
So we knew of the general idea for quite a while. |
所以,我們知道這個普遍的想法 已經有一段時間了。 |
And we had actually tried to get into original content back in 2005, when we were on DVD only and buying films at Sundance -- |
其實我們在 2005 年 曾試著要去做原創內容, 當時我們只有做 DVD, 並從日舞影展購買電影—— |
Maggie Gyllenhaal, "Sherrybaby," we published on DVD -- we were a mini studio . |
我們發行了瑪姬葛倫霍的 《雪莉寶貝》DVD —— 我們是間迷你電影公司。 |
studio:n.工作室;[广播][电视]演播室;画室;电影制片厂;
|
And it didn't work out, because we were subscale. |
並沒有成功,因為我們太小了。 |
And then, as you said, in 2011, |
接著,就是你剛剛說的,2011 年, |
Ted Sarandos, my partner at Netflix who runs content, got very excited about " House of Cards ." |
我在網飛負責經營內容的 夥伴泰德薩蘭多斯 對《紙牌屋》感到非常興奮。 |
House of Cards:n.不可靠的计划;摇摇欲坠的组织;用纸牌搭成的房子;
|
And at that time, it was 100 million dollars, it was a fantastic investment , and it was in competition with HBO. |
在那時,它要價一億美金, 是很棒的投資, 且競爭對手是 HBO。 |
fantastic:奇异的,空想的 investment:n.投资;投入;封锁; competition:n.竞争;比赛,竞赛;
|
And that was really the breakthrough , that he picked right upfront . |
他先挑選到,真的是個突破。 |
breakthrough:n.突破;开始取得成功之时;adj.突破性的; upfront:adj.预付的;在前面的;正直的,坦率的;adv.在前面;提前支付(工资);
|
CA: But that was a significant percentage of the revenue of the company at that time. |
克:在當時那佔了公司收入 很高的百分比。 |
significant:adj.重大的;有效的;有意义的;值得注意的;意味深长的;n.象征;有意义的事物; percentage:n.百分比;百分率;利润的分成;提成; revenue:n.收益;营业额;税务署;
|
But how could you get confident that that was actually worth doing? |
你是哪來的信心, 認為那是值得做的? |
confident:adj.自信的;确信的;
|
If you got that wrong, it might have been really devastating for the company. |
如果你錯了, 公司可能會被拖垮。 |
devastating:adj.毁灭性的; v.毁灭; (devastate的现在分词)
|
RH: Yeah, we weren't confident. I mean, that's the whole tension of it. |
里:是啊,我們並沒有信心。 我是指,我們非常有壓力。 |
tension:n.张力;拉伸;矛盾;紧张局势(或关系,状况);v.绷紧;
|
We were like, "Holy ...!" -- I can't say that. |
我們就:「哇ㄎㄠˋ!」 不能說髒話。 |
Yeah, it was scary. |
的確,那很嚇人。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑聲) |
CA: And with that, it wasn't just producing new content. |
克:這麼一來, 就不只是製作新內容了。 |
You also, pretty much with that, if I understand right, introduced this idea of binge-viewing . |
如果我理解正確,你也因此 帶入馬拉松觀劇的風潮。 |
binge-viewing:狂看片;
|
It wasn't, "We're going to do these episodes and build excitement " -- boom ! -- all at one time . |
並不是「我們打算要推出 這麼多集,建立興奮感」,而是 砰!一次全部推出。 |
episodes:n.一段经历;片段,插曲;一集;(episode的复数) excitement:n.兴奋;刺激;令人兴奋的事物; boom:n.繁荣;吊杆;v.激增;繁荣昌盛;轰鸣;轰响;adj.(美)猛涨起来的; at one time:曾经,一度;同时;
|
And that consumer mode hadn't really been tested. |
那種消費者模式 其實還沒有被測試過。 |
consumer:n.[经]消费者;[生,生态]消费者;
|
Why did you risk that? |
你為什麼要冒這個險? |
RH: Well, you know, we had grown up shipping DVDs. |
里:嗯,我們靠寄送 DVD 來成長。 |
And then there were series , box sets, on DVD. |
接著就有影集,DVD 的盒裝組合。 |
series:n.系列,连续;[电]串联;级数;丛书;
|
And all of us had that experience watching some of the great HBO content you know, with the DVD -- next episode, next episode. |
我們大家都有過這樣的經驗: 看很棒的 HBO 節目, 看 DVD 版本,下一集,再下一集。 |
And so that was the trigger to make us think, wow, you know, with episodic content, especially serialized , it's so powerful to have all the episodes at once. |
這觸發我們思考, 哇,如果是一集一集的 內容,特別是影集, 能一次拿到所有集數會非常棒。 |
trigger:n.触发器; v.触发; episodic:adj.插话式的; especially:adv.尤其;特别;格外;十分; serialized:n.序列化;v.使…连载;使…成序列(serialize的过去分词);
|
And it's something that linear TV can't do. |
而線性的電視做不到這一點。 |
linear:adj.线的,线型的;直线的,线状的;长度的;
|
And so both of those made it really positive . |
這兩個原因,讓我們 十分看好這個想法。 |
positive:adj.积极的;[数]正的,[医][化学]阳性的;确定的;n.正数;[摄]正片;
|
CA: And so, did it work out on the math pretty much straight away , that an hour spent watching "House of Cards," say, was more profitable to you than an hour spent watching someone else's licensed content? |
克:所以,結果是不是 馬上就如預期, 比如,花一個小時看《紙牌屋》 對你而言的利益 會高於花一個小時看 其他人的授權內容? |
straight away:马上;即刻; profitable:adj.有利可图的;赚钱的;有益的; licensed:adj.得到许可的;获准拥有的;v.批准;许可(license的过去分词和过去式)
|
RH: You know, because we're subscription , we don't have to track it at that level. |
里:因為我們採用訂閱制, 無法追蹤到那個層級的資訊。 |
subscription:n.捐献;订阅;订金;签署; track:n.小道;足迹;车辙;轨道;v.追踪;跟踪;
|
And so it's really about making the brand stronger, so that more people want to join. |
所以,重點在於要讓品牌更強, 才會有更多人想要加入。 |
brand:v.铭刻于,铭记;打烙印于;印…商标于;n.商标,牌子;烙印;
|
And "House of Cards" absolutely did that, because then many people would talk about it and associate that brand with us, whereas "Mad Men" we carried -- great show, AMC show -- but they didn't associate it with Netflix, even if they watched it on Netflix. |
而《紙牌屋》確實辦到了, 因為接下來很多人在談它, 並將那品牌和我們連結在一起, 反而是我們播的《廣告狂人》, 很棒的節目,AMC 的節目, 大家沒有把它和網飛連結在一起, 即使大家都是在網飛上看的。 |
absolutely:adv.绝对地;完全地; associate:v.联合:联想:交往:adj.非正式的:副的:联合的:n.伙伴:同事: whereas:conj.然而;鉴于;反之;
|
CA: And so you added all these other remarkable series, " Narcos ," "Jessica Jones," "Orange is the New Black," "The Crown ," |
克:所以你又增加了 許多其他很棒的影集, 《毒梟》、《潔西卡瓊斯》、 《勁爆女子監獄》、《王冠》、 |
remarkable:adj.卓越的;非凡的;值得注意的; Narcos:n.毒品(走私)贩;(narcos是narco的复数); Crown:王冠
|
'"Black Mirror" -- personal favorite -- "Stranger Things" and so on. |
《黑鏡》——我個人的最愛—— 《怪奇物語》等等。 |
personal:adj.个人的;身体的;亲自的;n.人事消息栏;人称代名词;
|
And so, this coming year, the level of investment you're planning to make in new content is not 100 million. |
所以,接下來的一年, 你計畫要對新內容做多少投資? 不是一億美金。 |
It's what? |
是多少? |
RH: It's about eight billion dollars around the world. |
里:全世界總共大約八十億美金。 |
And it's not enough. |
那並不足夠。 |
There are so many great shows on other networks. |
在其他網路還有很多很好的節目。 |
And so we have a long way to go. |
所以我們還有很長的路要走。 |
CA: But eight billion -- that's pretty much higher than any other content commissioner at this point? |
克:但八十億, 在這個時點,這金額應該比所有 其他的內容委託公司都還要高? |
commissioner:n.理事;委员;行政长官;总裁;
|
RH: No, Disney is in that realm , and if they're able to acquire Fox, they're even bigger. |
里:不,迪士尼差不多就那麼多, 如果能收購福斯,他們還會更強。 |
Disney:n.迪斯尼(美国动画影片制作家及制片人); realm:n.领域,范围;王国; acquire:v.获得;取得;学到;捕获;
|
And then, really, that's spread globally, so it's not as much as it sounds. |
且那金額是散在全球各地的, 並沒有聽起來的那麼多。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑聲) |
CA: But clearly, from the Barry Dillers and others in the media business, it feels like from nowhere , this company has come and has really revolutionized the business. |
克:但,很顯然,就巴瑞迪勒 以及媒體業的其他人來說, 感覺這間公司就好像是 不知道從哪裡冒出來, 改革了這個產業。 |
media:n.媒体;媒质(medium的复数);血管中层;浊塞音;中脉; nowhere:v.无处; n.无处; adj.不存在的; revolutionized:adj.革命化的;被彻底改革的;v.彻底改革(revolutionize的过去式);
|
It's like, as if Blockbuster one day said, "We're going to make Blockbuster videos," |
就彷彿有一天,百視達說: 「我們打算要做百視達影片。」 |
Blockbuster:n.轰动;巨型炸弹;一鸣惊人者;
|
and then, six years later, was as big as Disney. |
接著,六年後, 它就和迪士尼一樣大了。 |
I mean, that story would never have happened, and yet it did. |
我的意思是,那種狀況 本不可能發生,卻真的發生了。 |
RH: That's the bitch about the internet -- it moves fast, you know? |
里:網際網路最難搞的 就是它改變很快,對吧? |
bitch:n.泼妇;讨厌的女人;棘手的事;难办的事;怨言;v.挖苦;(背后)说坏话
|
Everything around us moves really quick. |
我們周圍的一切都改變很快。 |
CA: I mean, there must be something unusual about Netflix's culture that allowed you to take such bold -- I won't say " reckless " -- bold, well thought-through decisions. |
克:我的意思是,網飛的文化 一定有什麼不尋常之處, 讓你能做出這麼大膽—— 我不會說「魯莽」—— 大膽且深思熟慮的決策。 |
bold:adj.大胆的,英勇的;黑体的;厚颜无耻的;险峻的; reckless:adj.鲁莽的,不顾后果的;粗心大意的;
|
RH: Yeah, absolutely. |
里:是啊,絕對是。 |
We did have one advantage , which is we were born on DVD, and we knew that that was going to be temporary . |
我們確實有一項優勢, 那就是,我們從 DVD 起家, 而我們知道那只是暫時的。 |
advantage:n.有利条件:优势:优点: temporary:adj.暂时的,临时的;n.临时工,临时雇员;
|
No one thought we'd be mailing discs for 100 years. |
沒有人認為我們會做 一百年的光碟寄送。 |
So then you have a lot of paranoia about what's coming next, and that's part of the founding ethos , is really worrying about what's coming next. |
所以,接著你偏執, 不斷想接下來會是什麼, 那是建立公司精神的一部分, 去擔心接下來會是什麼。 |
paranoia:n.[心理]偏执狂,[内科]妄想狂; ethos:n.民族精神;气质;社会思潮;
|
So that's an advantage. |
那是一項優勢。 |
And then in terms of the culture, it's very big on freedom and responsibility. |
在文化方面, 有很大的自由,及很大的責任。 |
I pride myself on making as few decisions as possible in a quarter. |
我很自豪的一點是, 我每一季都盡可能做少一點決策。 |
And we're getting better and better at that. |
我們越來越擅長那麼做。 |
There are some times I can go a whole quarter without making any decisions. |
有些時候,我能夠整整一季 都不做任何決策。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑聲) |
(Applause) |
(掌聲) |
CA: But there are some really surprising things about your people. |
克:但你的人有些 非常讓人驚艷之處。 |
For example, I looked at one survey . |
比如,我看過一項調查。 |
survey:n.调查;测量;审视;纵览;vt.调查;勘测;俯瞰;vi.测量土地;
|
It looks like Netflix employees, compared to your peers', are basically the highest paid for equivalent jobs. |
看起來,和同地位的人相比, 基本上,網飛的員工 是做同類工作的人當中薪水最高的。 |
compared:adj.比较的,对照的; v.相比; (compare的过去式和过去分词) equivalent:adj.等价的,相等的;同意义的;n.等价物,相等物;
|
And the least likely to want to leave. |
且最不可能離職。 |
And if you Google the Netflix culture deck , you see this list of quite surprising admonitions to your employees. |
如果你用 Google 搜尋「網飛文化集」, 可以找到一張給你的員工的 忠告清單,還蠻讓人驚訝的。 |
Google:谷歌;谷歌搜索引擎; deck:n.甲板;舱面;层面;一副(为52张);v.装饰;打扮;布置;用力击倒; admonitions:n.警告;
|
Talk about a few of them. |
跟我們談談其中幾項。 |
RH: Well, you know, my first company -- we were very process obsessed . |
里:嗯,我的第一間公司 對流程非常著迷。 |
process:v.处理;加工;列队行进;n.过程,进行;方法,adj.经过特殊加工(或处理)的; obsessed:v.使痴迷;使迷恋;使着迷;(obsess的过去式和过去分词)
|
This was in the 1990s. |
時間是在九○年代。 |
And every time someone made a mistake, we tried to put a process in place to make sure that mistake didn't happen again -- so, very semiconductor-yield orientation . |
每當有人犯了錯時, 我們就會試著建立一套流程, 來確保同樣的錯誤不會再發生。 所以,非常半導體良率導向。 |
orientation:n.方向;定向;适应;情况介绍;向东方;
|
And the problem is, we were trying to dummy-proof the system. |
問題是,我們試著要讓系統防呆。 |
And then, eventually , only dummies wanted to work there. |
結果,最後只有呆子 才會想在那裡工作。 |
eventually:adv.最后,终于; dummies:仿制品(dummy的名词复数);
|
Then, of course, the market shifted -- in that case, it was C++ to Java. |
當然,接著,市場轉變了—— 在這種情況下,是從 C++ 變成 java。 |
shifted:转移;移动(shift的过去式和过去分词);
|
But you know, there's always some shift. |
但你知道的,轉變總是不斷發生。 |
And the company was unable to adapt , and it got acquired by our largest competitor. |
而公司無法適應, 被我們最大的競爭者收購了。 |
adapt:vt.使适应;改编;vi.适应; acquired:adj.习得的; v.获得; (acquire的过去分词和过去式)
|
And so with Netflix, I was super focused on how to run with no process but not have chaos . |
所以,對於網飛,我非常重視 要如何不用流程來經營, 且不造成混亂。 |
chaos:n.混沌,混乱;
|
And so then we've developed all these mechanisms , super high-talented people, alignment , talking openly, sharing information -- internally , people are stunned at how much information -- all the core strategies , etc. |
所以,我們開發出這些機制, 非常有才華的人、結盟、 公開談論、分享資訊—— 在內部,資訊的量 讓大家感到吃驚—— 所有的核心策略等等。 |
mechanisms:n.机制;[机]机构(mechanism的复数);机械;[机]机构学; alignment:n.队列,成直线;校准;结盟; internally:adv.内部地;国内地;内在地; stunned:adj.震惊的; v.使昏迷; (stun的过去分词和过去式) core:n.核心;要点;果心;[计]磁心;vt.挖...的核; strategies:n.策略;行动计划;部署;战略;(strategy的复数)
|
We're like the "anti-Apple" -- you know how they compartmentalize ? |
我們就像「反蘋果」—— 你知道他們如何做劃分嗎? |
compartmentalize:vt.划分,区分;
|
We do the opposite, which is: everybody gets all the information. |
我們做的完全相反,也就是: 每個人都有所有的資訊。 |
So what we're trying to do is build a sense of responsibility in people and the ability to do things. |
我們是在試著建立大家的責任感, 以及去做事的能力。 |
I find out about big decisions now that are made all the time, |
我發現現在時時刻刻 都有重大決策被做出來, |
I've never even heard about it, which is great. |
甚至我沒聽到的,這是好事。 |
And mostly, they go well. |
大部分的決策都很順利。 |
CA: So you just wake up and read them on the internet. |
克:所以,你起床後, 上網才看到這些決策。 |
RH: Sometimes. |
里:有時候是的。 |
CA: "Oh, we just entered China!" |
克:「喔,我們剛進軍中國!」 |
RH: Yeah, well that would be a big one. |
里:是啊,那會是件大事。 |
CA: But you allow employees to set their own vacation time, and ... |
克:你讓員工排定自己的假期等等, |
There's just -- |
只是—— |
RH: Sure, that's a big symbolic one, vacation, because most people, in practice , do that, anyway. |
里:當然,假期非常有象徵性, 因為大部分人在現實中會休假。 |
symbolic:adj.象征的;符号的;使用符号的; in practice:在实践中;实际上,事实上;
|
But yeah, there's a whole lot of that freedom. |
但,是啊,我們 在那方面有更多自由。 |
CA: And courage, you ask for as a fundamental value. |
克:還有勇氣,你要求 把勇氣當作基本價值。 |
fundamental:n.基础; adj.十分重大的;
|
RH: Yeah, we want people to speak the truth. |
里:是啊,我們希望 大家都能說實話。 |
And we say, "To disagree silently is disloyal ." |
我們說:「反對卻保持沉默 就是不忠的表現。」 |
disloyal:adj.不忠的;不忠诚的;背叛的;
|
It's not OK to let some decision go through without saying your piece, and typically , writing it down. |
若你有話沒說出來, 或沒寫下來,就讓決策通過, 這樣是不行的。 |
typically:adv.代表性地;作为特色地;
|
And so we're very focused on trying to get to good decisions through the debate that always happens. |
所以我們非常著重要透過 大家常在做的辯論方式 來做出好的決策。 |
debate:n.辩论;争论;考虑;v.辩论;争论;考虑;
|
And we try not to make it intense , like yelling at each other -- nothing like that. |
我們試著不要讓辯論變得 太劇烈,比如彼此叫囂—— 不能變成那樣。 |
intense:adj.强烈的;紧张的;非常的;热情的;
|
You know, it's really curiosity drawing people out. |
通常真的是好奇心吸引人們。 |
curiosity:n.好奇,好奇心;珍品,古董,古玩;
|
CA: You've got this other secret weapon at Netflix, it seems, which is this vast trove of data, a word we've heard a certain amount about this week. |
克:在網飛,你似乎 還有另一項秘密武器, 就是寶貴的大量資料, 這週我們聽見這個詞好多次了。 |
trove:n.被发现的东西;收藏的东西;
|
You've often taken really surprising stances towards building smart algorithms at Netflix. |
在網飛,你對於建立智慧演算法 所採取的立場很讓人驚訝。 |
stances:n.姿态(stance的复数);步型;
|
Back in the day , you opened up your algorithm to the world and said, "Hey, can anyone do better than this recommendation we've got? |
你過去把演算法公開給全世界, 並說:「這是我們得出的推薦, 有人能做得比它更好嗎? |
Back in the day:在过去,在以前; recommendation:n.推荐;介绍;提议;正式建议;
|
If so, we'll pay you a million dollars." |
若有,我們會付你一百萬美金。」 |
You paid someone a million dollars, because it was like 10 percent better than yours. |
你曾付給某人一百萬美金, 因為他做的比你原本的好 10%。 |
RH: That's right. |
里:沒錯。 |
CA: Was that a good decision? Would you do that again? |
克:那是個好決策嗎? 你會再做一次嗎? |
RH: Yeah, it was super exciting at the time; this was about 2007. |
里:會,我們當時超興奮的, 那時大約是 2007 年。 |
But you know, we haven't done it again. |
但,我們目前還沒有再做一次。 |
So clearly, it's a very specialized tool. |
所以,很顯然,它是種 非常專門化的工具。 |
specialized:adj.专业的; v.专门研究(或从事); (specialize的过去式和过去分词)
|
And so think of that as a lucky break of good timing, rather than a general framework. |
所以,把那想成是 運氣很好碰到好時機, 而不是個一般化的架構。 |
a lucky break:时来运转;转运;好运气;
|
So what we've done is invest a lot on the algorithms, so that we feature the right content to the right people and try to make it fun and easy to explore . |
所以,我們投資很多在演算法上, 讓我們為適當的人提供適當的內容, 並試著把探索變得有趣和容易。 |
explore:v.探索:探测:探险:
|
CA: And you made this, what seems like a really interesting shift, a few years ago. |
克:而你在幾年前做出了 你以前會問大家:「這裡有 十部電影。你們覺得如何? |
You used to ask people, "Here are 10 movies. What do you think? |
你以前會問大家:「這裡有 十部電影。你們覺得如何? |
Which ones of these are your best movies?" |
當中有哪些是你覺得 最棒的電影?」 |
And then tried to match those movies with recommendations for what was coming. |
接著就試著把這些電影和接下來 要推出的電影比對來做出推薦。 |
recommendations:n.推荐;推荐信;推荐规范(recommendation的复数形式);
|
And then you changed away from that. |
接著你改變了,漸漸不用它了。 |
Talk about that. |
請談談這點。 |
RH: Sure. |
里:好的。 |
Everyone would rate "Schindler's List" five stars, and then they'd rate Adam Sandler, "The Do-Over " three stars. |
大家都會給《辛德勒的名單》五顆星, 然後他們會給亞當山德勒的 《假死新人生》三顆星。 |
Do-Over:n.返工;重做;
|
But, in fact, when you looked at what they watched, it was almost always Adam Sandler. |
但,事實上,當你去查 他們會看什麼電影時, 他們幾乎都是選亞當山德勒。 |
And so what happens is, when we rate and we're metacognitive about quality, that's sort of our aspirational self. |
這個狀況就是,當我們給評價時, 我們對於品質有後設認知, 那有點算是我們嚮往的自我。 |
aspirational:adj.有雄心壮志的;(生活形态等)梦寐以求的;n.成功指南;处世自助手册;
|
And it works out much better to please people to look at the actual choices that they make, their revealed preferences by how much they enjoy simple pleasures. |
如果目的是要取悅人, 更好的方法是 去看他們真正做出的選擇, 從他們享受單純樂趣的程度 所顯露出來的偏好。 |
revealed:v.揭示;显示;露出;(reveal的过去分词和过去式) preferences:n.偏爱;爱好;喜爱;偏爱的事物;(preference的复数)
|
CA: OK, I want to talk for a couple of minutes about this, because this strikes me as a huge deal, not just for Netflix, for the internet as a whole . |
克:好,我希望能 花幾分鐘談談這一點, 因為我覺得這是件大事, 不只是對網飛而言, 對整個網際網路也是。 |
as a whole:总的来说;
|
The difference between aspirational values and revealed values. |
嚮往的價值和顯示出來的價值 之間的差異。 |
You, brilliantly , didn't pay too much attention to what people said, you watched what they did, and then found the stuff that, "Oh my God, I never knew I would like a show about making horrible recipes , called 'Nailed It!'" |
你很睿智,沒太注意人們的說詞, 而是觀察他們的行為, 找到東西,讓他們: 「喔,我的天,我從來沒有想過 我會喜歡那個做出恐怖食譜的節目 叫《Nailed It!》。」 |
brilliantly:adv.灿烂地;辉煌地;光亮地; stuff:n.东西:物品:基本特征:v.填满:装满:标本: horrible:可怕的,极讨厌的, recipes:n.烹饪法;食谱;方法;秘诀;诀窍;(recipe的复数)
|
RH: Called "Nailed It!" Right. |
里:叫《Nailed It!》,是的。 |
CA: It's hilarious . I would never have even thought of that. |
克:它很好笑。 我完全沒有預期到。 |
hilarious:adj.欢闹的;非常滑稽的;喜不自禁的;
|
But aren't there risks with this, if this go-only-with-revealed-values approach is taken too far? |
但這樣做沒有風險嗎, 如果把「只看顯示出的價值」 這種方法用得太過頭了? |
approach:n.方法;路径;v.接近;建议;着手处理;
|
RH: Well, we get a lot of joy from making people happy, |
里:讓大家開心使我們很喜悅。 |
Sometimes you just want to relax and watch a show like "Nailed It!" |
有時候你就只是想放鬆, 看個像《Nailed It!》這樣的節目。 |
relax:v.放松,休息;松懈,松弛;变从容;休养;
|
And it's fun, and it's not stressful . |
它很好玩,它沒有壓力。 |
stressful:adj.紧张的;有压力的;
|
Other times, people want to watch very intensive film. |
其他時候,大家會想要 看非常有張力的電影。 |
intensive:adj.加强的;集中的;透彻的;加强语气的;n.加强器;
|
'"Mudbound" was Oscar-nominated, it's a great, very intensive film. |
《泥沼》得到奧斯卡提名, 它是部很棒且非常有張力的電影。 |
And you know, we've had over 20 million hours of viewing on "Mudbound," |
《泥沼》的觀看時數超過兩千萬小時, |
which is dramatically bigger than it would have been in the theaters or any other distribution . |
這比在戲院放映或任何其他 發行方式能得到的觀看時數 都要高出非常多。 |
dramatically:adv.戏剧地;引人注目地;adv.显著地,剧烈地; theaters:n.影剧院,剧院(theater复数); distribution:n.分布;分配;分发;分销;
|
And so, we have some candy, too, but we have lots of broccoli . |
我們也有些糖果, 但我們有很多花椰菜。 |
broccoli:n.花椰菜;西兰花;
|
And you know, if you have the good mix, you get to a healthy diet. |
如果你能做很好的組合, 就能有很健康的飲食。 |
CA: But -- yes, indeed. |
克:但——是的,的確。 |
But isn't it the case that algorithms tend to point you away from the broccoli and towards the candy, if you're not careful? |
但演算法是不是會傾向於 引導你遠離花椰菜, 朝糖果的方向去, 一不小心就會這樣? |
We just had a talk about how, on YouTube, somehow algorithms tend to, just by actually being smarter, tend to drive people towards more radical or specific content. |
我們剛剛才談到在 YouTube 上, 不知怎麼的, 只要演算法比較聰明, 就很容易引導大家去看 更極端或明確的內容。 |
somehow:adv.以某种方法;莫名其妙地; specific:adj.特殊的,特定的;明确的;详细的;[药]具有特效的;n.特性;细节;特效药;
|
It'd be easy to imagine that Netflix algorithms, just going on revealed values, would gradually -- |
很容易就會想像, 如果網飛的演算法 只去看顯露出來的價值, 就會漸漸地—— |
gradually:adv.渐渐地;逐步地;
|
RH: Right, get too base -- |
里:對,變得太惡劣—— |
CA: We'd all be watching violent pornography or something. |
克:我們可能最後都會 在看暴力色情片之類的。 |
violent:adj.暴力的;猛烈的; pornography:n.淫秽作品;色情书刊(或音像制品等)
|
Or some people would, you know. |
或是有些人會,你知道的。 |
But, how -- |
但,怎麼—— |
(Laughter) |
(笑聲) |
Not me! |
我沒有喔! |
I'm the child of a missionary , I don't even think about these things. |
我是傳教士的孩子, 我甚至不會去想這些東西。 |
missionary:adj.传教的;传教士的;n.传教士;
|
But -- |
但—— |
(Laughter) |
(笑聲) |
But I mean, it's possible, right? |
但,我是說,這是有可能的吧? |
RH: In practice, you're right that you can't just rely on algorithms. |
里:在實做上,你說的沒錯, 不能只依靠演算法。 |
rely:vi.依靠;信赖;
|
It's a mix of judgment and what we carry, and we're a curated service versus a platform like Facebook and YouTube, so we have an easier set of issues , which is: What are these great films and series that we acquire? |
是要把判斷結合我們播放的內容, 我們是個策展的服務, 對抗臉書和 YouTube 這類平台, 所以我們的議題會比較簡單, 即:我們所取得的 好電影和影集是什麼? |
judgment:n.判断;裁判;判决书;辨别力; curated:v.当馆长(curate的过去分词); versus:prep.对;与...相对;对抗; platform:n.平台; v.把…放在台上[放在高处; issues:n.重要议题;争论的问题;v.宣布;公布;发出;(issue的第三人称单数和复数)
|
But then within that, the algorithm is a tool. |
但在那當中,演算法是個好工具。 |
CA: But how -- John Doerr just talked about measuring what matters. |
克:但——約翰杜爾 剛剛談到要衡量重要的東西。 |
As a business, what matters, I presume , is fundamentally just growing subscribers. |
我猜測,就企業來說,重要的 基本上應該是讓訂戶成長。 |
presume:v.假定;推测;擅自;意味着; fundamentally:adv.从根本上;基础地;重要地
|
I mean, that's your unique advantage. |
我的意思是, 那是你獨一無二的優勢。 |
unique:adj.独特的,稀罕的;[数]唯一的;n.独一无二的人或物;
|
Are subscribers grown only by the more time they spend watching Netflix, that is what will make them re-subscribe? |
唯一的訂戶成長方式就是 花更多時間看網飛嗎? 那是他們會續訂的原因嗎? |
Or is it even more about having shows that might not have been so much time as watching the whole season of "Nailed It!" or whatever? |
或者,更重要的是要有一些節目, 本來不會有跟看整季 《Nailed It!》一樣多的時間? |
But just get into them more; they just think, "That was nourishing , that was extraordinary , |
但就是對它們更多些興趣; 他們會想: 「那挺有營養的;那挺不凡的, |
nourishing:adj.有营养的;滋养多的;v.滋养;养育;(nourish的现在分词) extraordinary:adj.非凡的;特别的;离奇的;临时的;特派的;
|
I'm so glad I watched that with my family." |
我很高興我和我家人一起看了。」 |
Isn't there a version of the business model that would be less content but more awesome content, possibly even more uplifting content? |
有沒有一個版本的商業模式 是比較少內容,但都是更棒的內容, 可能是更令人振奮的內容? |
awesome:adj.令人敬畏的;使人畏惧的;可怕的;极好的; uplifting:adj.令人振奋的;使人开心的;
|
RH: And people choose that uplifting content. |
里:大家選擇那些令人振奮的內容。 |
I think you're right, which is, when people talk about Netflix, they talk about the shows that move them: "13 Reasons Why" or "The Crown." |
我想你是對的,就是說, 當大家在談論網飛時, 他們談的是感動他們的節目: 《漢娜的遺言》或《王冠》。 |
And that is way disproportionate and positive impact , even for the subscriber growth that you talked about is those couple big, memorable shows. |
那影響力非常不成比例且很正面, 即使對你所談及的訂戶成長來說, 就是那幾個讓人記得的大節目。 |
disproportionate:adj.不成比例的;不成比例地; impact:n.影响;效果;碰撞;冲击力;v.挤入,压紧;撞击;对…产生影响; memorable:adj.显著的,难忘的;值得纪念的;
|
But what we want to do is offer a variety . |
但我們想做的是提供多樣性。 |
variety:n.多样;种类;杂耍;变化,多样化;
|
You don't want to watch the same thing every night, as much as you like it; you want to try different things. |
你不會想要每晚都看一樣的東西, 不論你有多喜歡它; 你會想嘗試不同的東西。 |
And what we haven't seen is this, say, race to the bottom of your violent pornography kind of examples. |
我們還沒看見的是 這個狀況,比如, 你的暴力色情片例子的削價競爭。 |
Instead, we've seen great viewing across a whole range -- "Black Mirror" -- we're filming season five now. |
反而,我們會看到 各種節目的觀看率都很高—— 《黑鏡》——我們正在拍第五季。 |
And that was a struggling show when it was only in the BBC. |
這節目只在 BBC 播放時 推得很辛苦。 |
And with the distribution of on-demand, you can make these much bigger shows. |
透過隨選即看的發行方式, 就能使更多人看這些節目。 |
CA: You're telling me humans can get addicted by their angels as well as their demons . |
克:你的意思是, 人們的良善和劣根性 都能讓他們上癮。 |
addicted:adj.上瘾的;上瘾;成瘾;有瘾;入迷; as well as:也;和…一样;不但…而且; demons:n.恶魔;魔鬼;心魔;邪念;(demon的复数)
|
RH: Yeah, and again, we try not to think about it in addiction terms, we think about it as, you know: |
里:沒錯,我們試著不要從 上癮的角度來想這件事, 我們是這樣子想的: |
addiction:n.瘾;嗜好;入迷;
|
What are you going to do with your time and when you want to relax? |
當你想要放鬆時,要怎麼用時間? |
You can watch linear TV, you can do video games, you can do YouTube, or you can watch Netflix. |
你可以看線性電視、玩電玩、 看 YouTube, 或者你可以看網飛。 |
And if we're as great as we can be, and we have a variety of moods , then more often, people will choose us. |
如果我們能盡可能做好, 我們就能提供各種心情的節目, 大家就會更常選擇我們。 |
moods:n.情绪(mood的复数);
|
CA: But you have people in the organization who are looking regularly at the actual impacts of these brilliant algorithms that you've created. |
克:你的組織裡有些人 經常在確認所創造出的 這些出色的演算法 在實際上有沒有影響力。 |
organization:n.组织;机构;体制;团体; regularly:adv.经常地;有规律地;定期的 impacts:n.影响; v.有影响,有作用;
|
Just for reality check , just, "Are we sure that this is the direction we want to go?" |
只是回來談現實面。 「我們確定這是我們 想要走的方向嗎?」 |
reality check:n.(提醒人面对现实而不再想当然的)现实感检验;
|
RH: You know, I think we learn. |
里:我認為我們會學習。 |
And you have to be humble and sort of say, "Look, there's no perfect tool." |
你得要謙虛,並說類似這樣的話: 「聽著,沒有完美的工具。」 |
humble:adj.谦逊的; vt.使谦恭;
|
The algorithm’s one part, the way we commission the content, our relationships with societies. |
演算法是一部分, 我們委託製作內容的方式, 我們和社會的關係。 |
So there's a lot of ways that we have to look at it. |
所以,我們要用很多 不同的方式來看它。 |
So if you get too stuck in "Let's just increase viewing" |
如果你太執著在: 「咱們來提高觀看率」 |
or "Just increase subscribers," |
或「就把訂戶數增加吧」, |
you're unlikely to be able to grow and be the great company you want to be. |
你就不太可能會成長 並成為你所希望的好公司。 |
unlikely:adj.不大可能发生的;非心目中的;非想象的;难以相信的;
|
So think of it as this multiple measures of success. |
所以,把它想成是 對成功有多種的衡量方式。 |
multiple:adj.数量多的;多种多样的;n.倍数;
|
CA: So, speaking of algorithms that have raised questions: |
克:說到帶出這些問題的演算法: |
You were on the board of Facebook, and I think Mark Zuckerberg -- you've done some mentoring for him. |
你是臉書董事會的一員, 我認為馬克祖克柏—— 你給過他一些指導。 |
on the board:在董事会,将在会上讨论;在那块木板上; mentoring:n.导师;顾问;v.指导;做…的良师;(mentor的现在分词)
|
What should we know about Mark Zuckerberg that people don't know? |
關於馬克祖克柏,有什麼我們 不知道但應該要知道的事? |
RH: Well, many of you know him or have seen him. |
里:這裡很多人 都認識他且見過他。 |
I mean, he's a fantastic human being. |
他是個很棒的人。 |
Really first-class . |
真的是一流的。 |
first-class:adj.优秀的;第一流的;adv.优秀地;最好地;第一流地;
|
And social -- these platforms , whether that's YouTube or Facebook, are clearly trying to grow up quickly. |
而社交——這些平台, 不論是 YouTube 或臉書, 都很顯然在嘗試快速地成長。 |
platforms:n.平台; v.把…放在台上;
|
And we see that with all new technologies . |
我們看到各種新技術 被用在這方面。 |
technologies:n.技术;科技(technology的复数);
|
I mean, yesterday we were talking about printed DNA, and it's like: could be fantastic or could be horrific . |
我的意思是,昨天我們 還在談印 DNA, 談的大概是:它會很棒或是很糟。 |
horrific:adj.可怕的;令人毛骨悚然的;
|
And you know, all new technologies -- when television was first popular in the 1960s in the US, it was called a "vast wasteland ," |
你知道的,所有的新技術—— 六○年代,當電視 剛開始在美國流行時, 它被稱為「浩瀚的荒地」, |
wasteland:n.荒地,不毛之地;未开垦地,荒漠;(精神或文化上的)贫乏;
|
and that television was going to rot the minds of everybody. |
電視被認為會腐蝕大家的心靈。 |
It turns out everybody's minds were fine. |
結果大家的心靈都很好。 |
And there were some adjustments , but think of it as -- or, I think of it as -- all new technologies have pros and cons. |
後來就有一些調整, 但,這樣來看它—— 或說,我是這樣看它的—— 所有的新技術都有優點和缺點。 |
adjustments:n.调整;调节;调整,适应;(adjustment的复数) pros:n.从事某职业的人;职业运动员;老手;(pro的复数)
|
And in social, we're just figuring that out. |
在社交媒體上, 我們還正在參透這一點。 |
CA: How much of a priority is it for the board of Facebook to really address some of the issues? |
克:對臉書的董事會, 在優先順序的考量上, 有多迫切要真正去處理這些議題? |
priority:n.优先;优先权;[数]优先次序;优先考虑的事;
|
Or is the belief that, actually, the company has been completely unfairly criticized ? |
還是說,其實想法是 公司一直受到完全不公平的批評? |
unfairly:adv.不公平地;不正当地; criticized:v.批评;挑剔;指责;评论;评价;(criticize的过去式和过去分词)
|
RH: Oh, it's not completely unfairly. |
里:喔,並非完全不公平的。 |
And Mark's leading the charge on fixing Facebook. |
馬克在打前鋒,要來調整臉書。 |
And he's very passionate about that. |
他對此非常有熱忱。 |
passionate:adj.热情的;热烈的,激昂的;易怒的;
|
CA: Reed, I want to look at another passion of yours. |
克:里德,我想再談 你的另一項熱忱。 |
I mean, you've done incredibly well with Netflix, you're a billionaire , and you spend a lot of time and indeed, money, on education. |
你把網飛做得非常好, 你是億萬富翁了, 但你反而花很多時間 和金錢在教育上。 |
incredibly:adv.难以置信地;非常地; billionaire:n.亿万富翁;
|
RH: Yep. |
里:是的。 |
CA: Why is this a passion, and what are you doing about it? |
克:為什麼是這項熱忱? 你針對它做了些什麼? |
RH: Sure. Right out of college, I was a high school math teacher. |
里:好的。剛離開大學時, 我是高中的數學老師。 |
So when I later went into business and became a philanthropist , |
所以,後來,當我開始 從商並成為慈善家, |
philanthropist:n.慈善家,博爱主义者;乐善好施的人;
|
I think I gravitated towards education and trying to make a difference there. |
我想我受到了教育的牽引, 試圖在教育上造成不同。 |
gravitated:v.被吸引到;受吸引而参加(gravitate的过去分词和过去式) make a difference:有影响,有关系;
|
And the main thing I noticed is, you know, educators want to work with other great educators and to create many unique environments for kids. |
我主要注意到一件事, 教育家想要和其他 很棒的教育家合作, 為孩子創造許多獨特的環境。 |
And we need a lot more variety in the system than we have, and a lot more educator-centric organizations . |
在這個體制中, 我們需要更高的多樣性, 目前還不夠, 還要有更多以教育家 為中心的組織。 |
organizations:n.组织,构造,有机体(organization的复数);组织机构;
|
And so the tricky thing is, right now in the US, most schools are run by a local school board. |
所以,難搞的地方在於, 現在在美國, 大部分的學校是由當地的 學校董事會來經營。 |
tricky:adj.难办的;难对付的;狡猾的;诡计多端的;
|
And it has to meet all needs in the community , and, in fact, what we need is a lot more variety. |
它得要滿足社區的所有需求, 事實上,我們需要的 是更高的多樣性。 |
community:n.社区;[生态]群落;共同体;团体;
|
So in the US there's a form of public school called charter public schools, that are run by nonprofits . |
所以,在美國, 有一種公立學校的形式 叫做特許公立學校, 由非營利機構來營運。 |
public school:(美国和苏格兰的初等或中等的)公立中小学;寄宿学校; charter:n.章程; v.包租(飞机、船等); nonprofits:adj.非赢利的;不以赢利为目的的;
|
And that's the big emphasis for me, is if you can have schools run by nonprofits, they are more mission-focused, they support the educators well. |
對我來說,那是很重要的, 如果學校是由非營利機構來營運, 它們可以更聚焦在使命上, 它們也能支持教育家。 |
emphasis:n.强调;重视;重要性;(对某个词或短语的)强调;
|
I'm on the board of KIPP charter schools, which is one of the larger networks. |
我是 KIPP 學校的董事會成員, KIPP 就是更大的網路之一。 |
And, you know, it's 30,000 kids a year getting very stimulating education. |
每年有三萬名孩子能得到 非常有激發性的教育。 |
stimulating:adj.激励人的; v.促进; (stimulate的现在分词)
|
CA: Paint me a picture of what a school should look like. |
克:形容一下,學校 應該要是什麼樣子的? |
RH: It depends on the kid. |
里:會因孩子而異。 |
Think about it as: with multiple kids, there's all different needs that need to be met, so there's not any one model. |
可以這樣想:多個孩子 會有不同的需求 需要被滿足, 所以並不會有一個模型。 |
And you want to be able to choose, depending on your kid and what you think they need. |
且你會希望能選擇, 根據你的孩子,及你認為 孩子需要什麼來選擇。 |
But they should be very educator-centric and curious and stimulating and all of those things. |
但應該是要非常以教育家為中心, 有好奇心,有激發性, 諸如此類的。 |
curious:adj.好奇的,有求知欲的;古怪的;爱挑剔的;
|
And this whole idea of 30 kids in fifth grade, all learning the same thing at the same time , you know, is clearly an industrial throwback . |
而讓五年級的三十個孩子 在同一時間學習同樣的東西的想法 很明顯是產業開倒車。 |
at the same time:同时;另一方面;与此同时; industrial:adj.工业的,产业的; n.工业股票; throwback:(俚)复古队服;
|
But changing that, given the current government structure , is super hard. |
但在目前的政府結構下, 要改變那狀況 是非常困難的。 |
structure:n.结构;构造;建筑物;vt.组织;构成;建造;
|
But what these innovative , nonprofit schools are doing is pushing the bounds, letting kids try new things. |
但這些創新、非營利的學校 在做的,就是將邊界向外推, 讓孩子嘗試新事物。 |
innovative:adj.革新的,创新的;
|
And so think of it as the governance reform , that is, the nonprofit, to allow the educational changes. |
所以,把它想成是管理上的改革, 也就是非營利, 允許教育產生改變。 |
governance:n.管理;统治;支配; reform:v.改革;改进;改良;(使)悔改;n.改革;改良;改善; educational:adj.教育的;有关教育的;有教育意义的
|
CA: And sometimes the criticism is put that charter schools, intentionally or unintentionally , suck resources away from the public school system. |
克:有時會聽到 一些批評說特許學校, 不論是否是國際學校, 會吸走公立學校體制的資源。 |
criticism:n.批评;批判;评论;指责; unintentionally:adv.无意地;非故意地;非存心地; suck:v.吸吮;吸取;n.吮吸; resources:n.[计][环境]资源; v.向…提供资金(resource的第三人称单数);
|
Should we be concerned about that? |
我們是否要擔心這一點? |
concerned:adj.有关的;关心的;v.关心;与…有关;(concern的过去时和过去分词)
|
RH: Well, they are public schools. |
里:嗯,它們是公立學校。 |
I mean, there's these multiple types of public schools. |
我的意思是, 有各式各樣的公立學校。 |
And if you look at charters as a whole, they serve low-income kids. |
如果你把特許學校當整體來看, 它們服務的是低收入的孩子。 |
charters:n.宪章; v.特许建立(公司等);
|
Because if high-income kids get in trouble, the parents will send them to a private school or they move neighborhoods. |
因為如果高收入的孩子惹上麻煩, 他們的家長會把他們 送到私立學校去, 或搬去其他街坊。 |
private school:n.私立学校;私立中小学;
|
And low-income families generally don't have those choices. |
而一般來說,低收入家庭 並沒有這些選擇。 |
generally:adv.通常;普遍地,一般地;
|
Like KIPP -- it's 80 percent low-income kids, free and reduced lunch. |
就像 KIPP —— 有 80% 的低收入 孩子,午餐是免費或有折扣的。 |
And the college admissions for KIPP is fantastic. |
而 KIPP 上大學的狀況非常好。 |
admissions:n.许可;承认;入会费;入场券(admission的复数形式);
|
CA: Reed, you signed the Giving Pledge a few years ago, you're committed to giving away more than half of your fortune during your lifetime. |
克:里德,幾年前你簽了 「財富捐贈誓言」, 你承諾要在一生中把超過一半的 財富捐出。 |
Pledge:n.誓言;保证;抵押;抵押品;v.保证给予(或做);正式承诺;抵押; committed:adj.坚信的; v.做出错事; (commit的过去分词和过去式) fortune:n.财富;命运;运气;v.给予财富,偶然发生
|
Can I cheekily ask how much you've invested in education in the last few years? |
我能不能很厚臉皮地問 過去幾年間你在教育上 投資了多少錢? |
invested:v.投资;投入;(invest的过去分词和过去式)
|
RH: It's a couple hundred million, I don't know exactly how many hundreds, but we're continuing to invest and -- |
里:幾億美金, 我不知道明確的數字, 但我們還在持續投資,且—— |
(Applause) |
(掌聲) |
thank you all -- |
謝謝大家—— |
(Applause) |
(掌聲) |
You know, honestly, for a little while I tried to do politics full-time , working for John Doerr. |
老實說,曾有段時間, 我試著要全職做政治, 為約翰杜爾工作。 |
politics:n.政治;钩心斗角;政治观点;v.(贬)从事政治活动;(politic的第三人称单数) full-time:adj.专职的;全日制的;全部时间的;
|
And while I loved working for John, I just didn't thrive on politics. |
雖然我很喜歡為約翰工作, 但我在政治上真的難有所成。 |
thrive:v.繁荣;茁壮成长;蓬勃发展;兴旺发达;
|
I love business, I love competing . |
我喜歡商業,我喜歡競爭。 |
competing:adj.相互冲突的;相互矛盾的;v.竞争;对抗;参加比赛;(compete的现在分词)
|
I love going up against Disney and HBO. |
我喜歡對抗迪士尼和 HBO。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑聲) |
That's what gets me going. |
那是我前進的動力。 |
And now I do that to really increase Netflix's value, which allows me to write more checks to schools. |
現在,我這麼做的理由 是要增加網飛的價值, 我才能夠捐更多錢給學校。 |
And so for now, it's the perfect life. |
所以,目前,這樣的生活很完美。 |
CA: Reed, you're a remarkable person, you've changed all of our lives and the lives of many kids. |
克:里德,你是個很不凡的人, 你改變了我們大家的生活, 以及許多孩子的生活。 |
Thank you so much for coming to TED. |
非常謝謝你來 TED。 |
(Applause) |
(掌聲) |