|
|
Queer.as.Folk-同志亦凡人
|
The thing you need to know is it's all about sex. |
你需要明白的一点是 一切为了性福 |
It's true. |
是真的 |
In fact, they say men think about sex every 28 seconds. |
事实上 人们都说男人每28秒会联想到性一次 |
Of course, that's straight men. |
当然了 那说的是异性恋男人 |
Gay men it's every nine. |
同性恋是每9秒一次 |
You could be at the supermarket, or the laundromat or buying a fabulous shirt when suddenly you find yourself checking out some hot guy, hotter than the one you saw last weekend or went home with the night before, |
也许你在超市或是洗衣房里 又或是在买一件帅毙了的上衣时 突然间瞄上了个帅哥 比你上周末看到的 或是前一夜带回家的那个还要帅 |
laundromat:n.(美)自助洗衣店; fabulous:adj.难以置信的;传说的,寓言中的;极好的;
|
which explains why we're all at Babylon at one in the morning instead of at home, in bed. |
所以凌晨1点 我们还流连于巴比伦夜店 而不是只身在家 赖在床上 |
Babylon:n.巴比伦(古代巴比伦王国Babylonia的首都);繁华的都市,罪恶之都;
|
But who wants to be at home, in bed? |
而谁又愿意待在家 赖在床上呢 |
Especially alone, when you can be here, knowing that at any moment, you might see him. |
特别是单身的时候 明知自己有机会 说不定何时就会遇到那个 他 |
Especially:adv.尤其;特别;格外;十分;
|
The most beautiful man who ever lived. |
那个帅得绝种了的 他 |
That is, until tomorrow night. |
当然 到了明晚又有更帅的了 |
By the way , that's me, 6'1", 46-inch chest, 16-inch biceps , 28-inch waist . |
顺便提一下 那就是我 身高185厘米 胸围117厘米 臂围40厘米 腰围71厘米 |
By the way:顺便说一下; biceps:n.[解剖]二头肌,强健的筋肉;臂力; waist:n.腰;腰部;(衣服的)腰部;有…腰身的;
|
A veritable god... |
天煞猛男 |
veritable:adj.真正的,名副其实的;
|
I wish. |
是我就好了 |
Okay, that's me. |
好吧 这才是我 |
Michael Novotny, the semi-cute "boy next door" type. |
迈克.诺瓦特尼 算是半个邻家男孩型 |
29, 5'10", 140, 9-1/2 cut; |
29岁 身高177厘米 63.5公斤 阴茎长24厘米 无包皮 |
All right, so I exaggerate , but like, who's told the truth since they invented cybersex ? |
好吧 我夸张了 但在有了网络性爱以后 谁会说真话呢 |
exaggerate:v.夸大;夸张;言过其实; cybersex:n.计算机空间的"性";
|
When did '70s night become '80s night? |
70年代之夜 怎么开始放80年代的歌了 |
I remember this song from high school. |
第一次听这歌的时候 我在读高中 |
Talk about feeling ancient. |
突然觉得好老 |
Speak for yourself, honey, |
就你一个人老了 亲爱的 |
Speak for:要求得到;代表…讲话;
|
I was a mere child. |
当时我还是个小朋友 |
mere:adj.仅仅的;只不过的;n.小湖;池塘;
|
Those are my two buddies , Ted and Emmett. |
这两位是我的好朋友泰德和艾美特 |
buddies:n.伙伴,好朋友;v.交朋友;(buddy的第三人称单数和复数)
|
Give me those Divas of disco any day. Gloria Gaynor. |
迪斯科女王的金曲百听不厌 格洛丽亚.基诺 |
Divas:n.著名女歌唱家(diva的复数); disco:n.迪斯科舞厅;的士高;
|
Donna Summer. - And miss Alisha Bridges. |
唐娜.萨莫 -还有艾丽西亚.布里奇斯 |
I love the night life. |
我爱夜生活 |
I like to boogie , on the disco floor. |
站在迪吧舞池中 我要劲舞狂歌 |
boogie:n.布吉乐(布鲁斯钢琴乐,节奏快而强);v.随着快节奏的流行音乐跳舞;
|
O-oh...My god. |
我的...天呐 |
Have you ever seen anything more beautiful? |
你见过比他更美的东西吗 |
Venice , at sunset . |
只有日落时的威尼斯了 |
Venice:n.威尼斯(意大利港市); sunset:adj.霞红色的; n.日落(时分); v.(使)定期届满废止;
|
Fine, you go down the Grand Canal, |
好吧 那你去威尼斯的大运河游玩 |
I'll go down on him. |
我去玩他的屌 |
Emmett can be a little campy . |
艾美特是有点娘 |
campy:adj.不自然的;装模作样的;举止言行显示有同性恋之倾向的;
|
Okay, a lot campy. but you got to admit, these days it takes real guts to be a queen in a world full of commoners . |
好吧 非常娘 但你得承认 在这个满是平民的世界里 当皇后[娘炮基佬]是需要勇气的 |
guts:n.勇气;肠道;内脏;v.损毁内部;取出…的内脏;(gut的第三人称单数和复数) commoners:n.平民;(commoner的复数)
|
The problem with perfection is its inability to recognize anything less perfect than itself. |
完美主义者的问题在于 他们无法接受 任何不如他们完美的东西 |
perfection:n.完善;完美; inability:n.无能力;无才能; recognize:v.认识;认出;辨别出;承认;意识到;
|
In other words, you hit on him and he turned you down. |
说通俗点 你要是跟他搭讪 他肯定拒绝你 |
Yeah. |
是 |
Ted's this really smart guy and he's got a really big heart. |
泰德很聪明 心肠也好 |