|
|
Penguins.of.Madagascar.2014-马达加斯加的企鹅
|
Antarctica. |
在南极洲 |
An inhospitable wasteland . |
生物极难生存 |
inhospitable:adj.荒凉的;冷淡的,不好客的;不适居留的; wasteland:n.荒地,不毛之地;未开垦地,荒漠;(精神或文化上的)贫乏;
|
But even here, on the Earth's frozen bottom, we find life. |
但即使在这地球最严寒的一端 仍有生命存在 |
And not just any life. |
且不是平凡的生命 |
Penguins . |
而是企鹅 |
Penguins:n.企鹅;(penguin的复数)
|
Joyous , frolicking , waddling , cute and cuddly life. |
它们欢乐嬉戏 蹒跚而行 可爱极了 |
Joyous:adj.令人高兴的;充满欢乐的(等于joyful); frolicking:v.嬉戏;嬉闹;(frolic的现在分词) waddling:v.鸭步;摇摆蹒跚(waddle的现在分词); cuddly:adj.令人想拥抱的;喜欢搂搂抱抱的;逗人喜爱的;
|
Look at them tumbling onto their chubby bum-bums. |
看 它们毛茸茸的肚子前后相碰 |
tumbling:v.(使)跌倒;倒塌;(价格或数量)暴跌;(tumble的现在分词) chubby:adj.圆胖的,丰满的;
|
Who could take these frisky little snow clowns ... |
谁会想到这些活泼雪白的家伙 |
frisky:adj.活泼的;欢闹的; clowns:n.小丑们(clown的复数);
|
Seriously? Does anyone even know where we're marching to? |
等等 有人知道我们要去哪么 |
Who cares? -I question nothing. |
有什么关系呢 -我从不问东问西的 |
Me, too. -Me, too. |
我也是 -我也是 |
Well, fine! We'll just fly to the front of the line and see for ourselves. |
好吧 那我们就飞到最前面去 看看我们到底要去哪里 |
Kowalski! Rico! Engage aerial surveillance . |
科沃斯基 瑞哥 开启空中探险模式 |
Engage:v.吸引,占用;使参加;雇佣;使订婚;预定; aerial:adj.从飞机上的;空中的;空气中的;地表以上的;n.天线; surveillance:n.监督;监视;
|
Here we go! Doing it! Come on! |
走吧 来啊 快点 |
Skipper , we appear to be flightless . |
老大 我们好像不能飞 |
Skipper:n.队长;船长;机长;vt.带领;作…的船长(或机长); flightless:adj.(鸟等)不能飞的;
|
Well, what's the point of these? |
那这是用来干什么的 |
Whoa! I like it! Hey, this could be our thing! |
哇 我喜欢 可以当做我们的招牌动作 |
What are we gonna call it? Let's call it the... "High one." |
叫什么呢 就叫击掌好了 |
Hey! Anybody see that? That's an egg! Is someone gonna go get it? |
嘿 你们看见了么 那个蛋滚走了 谁去把它找回来 |
We can't do that. -Why not? |
我们不能那么做 -为什么 |
Well, it's a dangerous world out there, and we're just penguins. |
外面的世界很危险的 我们只是企鹅 |
You know, nothing but cute and cuddly. |
负责可爱就好 |
Yeah. Why do you think there are always documentary crews filming us? |
要不然为什么 总有人在拍我们 |
Well, sorry, kid. You know, we lose a few eggs every year. It's just nature. |
安啦 孩子们 我们每年都会遗失一些没出生的宝宝 自然规则而已 |
Oh, right, nature. I guess that makes sense, but... |
好吧 自然规律 说得好像有道理 |
something... |
但是 |
something deep down in my gut tells me that it makes no sense at all. |
骨子里总有一些声音告诉我 这一点也不合常理 |
gut:n.勇气;肠道;内脏;v.损毁内部;取出…的内脏;adj.非理性的;本能的
|
You know what? I reject nature! |
我决定了 我要反对自然规律 |
reject:v.排斥;拒收;拒绝接受;不予考虑;n.废品;次品;不合格者;被剔除者;
|
Who's with me?! |
谁要和我一起 |
The old ship. No one's ever returned from there alive. |
那是艘废弃的船 没有人能活着从那里走出来 |
Relax , Kowalski. There's a bird down there now. Look, he's fine. |
怎么会 下面就有一只鸟 看起来很悠闲 |
Relax:v.放松,休息;松懈,松弛;变从容;休养;
|
Leopard seals... nature's snakes. |
豹斑海豹 大自然的毒蛇 |
Leopard:n.豹;美洲豹;
|
Aren't snakes nature's snakes? |
大自然的毒蛇不是蛇么 |
How should I know? I live on the flipping frozen tundra . |
我怎么会知道 我天天住在这冻原里 |
flipping:v.该死; v.(使)快速翻转; (flip的现在分词) tundra:n.[生态]苔原;[地理]冻原;冻土地带;
|
They're going for the egg! Give me a way down there, ASAP ! |
它们要吃那个蛋 快想办法让我下去 快 |
ASAP:abbr.尽快(AsSoonAsPossible);
|
All one would have to do is collect 300 feet of kelp , dry it in the... |
我们现在需要做的就是 找到足足300英尺高的海草 然后 |
kelp:n.[植]巨藻,海藻;海草灰;vi.烧制海草灰;
|
Tiny and helpless , the baby penguins are frozen with fear. |
弱小又无助 这些企鹅宝宝冻坏了 |
helpless:adj.无助的;无能的;没用的;
|
They know if they fall from this cliff , they will surely die. |
它们知道要是掉下悬崖 会必死无疑 |
cliff:n.悬崖;绝壁;
|
Gunter , give them a shove . |
甘特 推它们一下 |
Gunter:n.甘特氏尺规;中桅帆; shove:v.猛推;乱挤;推撞;乱放;n.猛推;
|
... harnessing the jellyfish we've trained to obey simple voice commands. |
我们用训练水母 的口令行事 |
harnessing:v.给(马等)装上挽具(harness的现在分词);治理,利用; jellyfish:n.水母;[无脊椎]海蜇;软弱无能的人; obey:v.遵守;服从;顺从;
|
Now, that's more like it! |
这才像话嘛 |
That-a-boy, Rico! Don't let him have it! |
干得好 瑞克 别让他得逞 |
Okay. I guess that works. |
哇 这样就安全了 |
Get to high ground ! |
快跳到高地方去 |
high ground:n.有利条件;
|
Boo-yah! -Success! |
哇哈 -成功了 |
I'd recommend firing it now. -Nope, hold on. |
我建议赶快发火 -别 再等一下 |
recommend:v.推荐;介绍;劝告;建议;使受欢迎;
|
We really should fire it. |
我们真的应该立刻开火 |