返回首页

OzlemCekic_2018S-_为什么我要与写仇恨邮件的人共饮咖啡_

My inbox is full of hate mails and personal abuse and has been for years. 我的收件箱充斥着很多仇恨 和对我人身攻击的邮件, 且已经持续数年。
inbox:n.收件箱;收文篮; personal:adj.个人的;身体的;亲自的;n.人事消息栏;人称代名词; abuse:n.滥用;虐待;辱骂;弊端;恶习,陋习;v.滥用;虐待;辱骂;
In 2010, I started answering those mails and suggesting to the writer that we might meet for coffee and a chat. 在2010年,我开始回复这些邮件, 向寄信人提议见面, 喝杯咖啡聊聊天。
I have had hundreds of encounters . 我有了数百次的会见。
encounters:v.遭遇(encounter的第三人称单数);邂逅;n.遭遇战(encounter的复数);相见;
They have taught me something important that I want to share with you. 他们教会了我很多 我想要与你们分享的重要道理。
I was born in Turkey from Kurdish parents and we moved to Denmark when I was a young child. 我出生在土耳其,父母是库尔德人。 在我很小的时候, 我们全家就搬到了丹麦。
Kurdish:n.库尔德语;adj.库尔德人的;
In 2007, I ran for a seat in the Danish parliament as one of the first women with a minority background. 2007年,作为第一个 有少数民族背景的女性, 我参加了丹麦议员的竞选。
Danish:adj.丹麦的;丹麦人的;丹麦语(文)的;n.丹麦语; parliament:n.议会,国会; minority:n.少数民族;少数派;未成年;adj.少数的;属于少数派的;
I was elected, but I soon found out that not everyone was happy about it as I had to quickly get used to finding hate messages in my inbox. 我当选了。 但我很快发现并不是 所有人都对这结果感到高兴。 我收到了很多仇恨邮件。
get used to:开始习惯于
Those emails would begin with something like this: "What's a raghead like you doing in our parliament?" 这些邮件可能以这样的方式开头: “你这个头上裹着烂布的人 在我们的议会里干什么?”
raghead:n.头上裹烂布的家伙;
I never answered. 我从不回信。
I'd just delete the emails. 我只是删掉这些邮件。
I just thought that the senders and I had nothing in common. 我想,这些人和我毫无交集,
senders:发货人;[邮]寄件人;发送机;传送器(sender的复数);
They didn't understand me, and I didn't understand them. 他们不理解我, 我也不理解他们。
Then one day, one of my colleagues in the parliament said that I should save the hate mails. 直到有一天,议会里 的一个同事跟我说, 我应该留下这些仇恨邮件。
colleagues:n.同事;同行(colleague的复数);
'"When something happens to you, it will give the police a lead." “当你遭遇不测, 这些邮件能给警方提供线索。”
(Laughter) (笑声)
I noticed that she said, "When something happens" and not "if." 我注意到她说的是 “当你遭遇不测”,不是“如果”。
(Laughter) (笑声)
Sometimes hateful letters were also sent to my home address. 有时候这些仇恨邮件 也会寄到我家里。
hateful:adj.可憎的;可恨的;可恶的;
The more I became involved in public debate , the more hate mail and threats I received. 我越多地参与到公开辩论, 我收到的仇恨邮件和威胁就越多。
involved:adj.有关的; v.涉及; (involve的过去式和过去分词) debate:n.辩论;争论;考虑;v.辩论;争论;考虑;
After a while, I got a secret address and I had to take extra precautions to protect my family. 没过多久,我弄来了一个秘密地址, 我需要更加警惕我家人的安全。
extra:adj.额外的:n.额外的事物:adv.额外:另外: precautions:n.防范;预防措施;预警(precaution的复数);
Then in 2010, a Nazi began to harass me. 2010年,一个纳粹分子开始骚扰我。
harass:v.侵扰;骚扰;不断攻击(敌人);
It was a man who had attacked Muslim women on the street. 这是一个曾经在街上 攻击过穆斯林女性的人。
Over time, it became much worse. 一段时间后,情况进一步恶化了。
I was at the zoo with my children, and the phone was ringing constantly . 我和我的孩子在动物园玩耍时, 我的手机会不时响起。
constantly:adv.不断地;时常地;
It was the Nazi. 打来的是那个纳粹分子。
I had the impression that he was close. 我感到他就在我附近。
impression:n.印象;影响;效果;感想;
We headed home. 我和我孩子启程回家。
When we got back, my son asked, "Why does he hate you so much, Mom, when he doesn't even know you?" 当我们到家后, 我儿子问我:“妈妈, 为什么他那么讨厌你, 他根本不认识你?”
'"Some people are just stupid," I said. 我说:“有些人只是愚蠢。”
And at the time, I actually thought that was a pretty clever answer. 在那会儿,我觉得这是 一个非常聪明的回答。
And I suspect that that is the answer most of us would give. 我想这也是很多人会给出的答案。
suspect:n.犯罪嫌疑人;v.怀疑;不信任;adj.可疑的;
The others -- they are stupid, brainwashed , ignorant . 其他人— 他们都是愚蠢的, 被洗脑的,无知的。
brainwashed:v.给(某人)洗脑;强制说服;(brainwash的过去分词和过去式) ignorant:adj.无知的;愚昧的;
We are the good guys and they are the bad guys, period. 我们是好人,他们是坏人。
Several weeks later I was at a friend's house, and I was very upset and angry about all the hate and racism I had met. 几周后,我在一个朋友的家里, 抱怨我所遇到的 所有仇恨和种族歧视。
upset:adj.沮丧; v.打乱; n.苦恼; (意外的)混乱; racism:n.种族主义,种族歧视;人种偏见;
It was he who suggested that I should call them up and visit them. 我朋友建议我打电话给他们, 去拜访他们。
'"They will kill me," I said. 我说:“他们会把我杀了的。”
'"They would never attack a member of the Danish Parliament," he said. 他说:“他们不会攻击 一个丹麦议会成员。”
'"And anyway, if they killed you, you would become a martyr ." “而且就算他们杀了你, 你也会是一名烈士。”
martyr:vt.牺牲;折磨;杀害;n.烈士;殉道者;
(Laughter) (笑声)
'"So it's pure win-win situation for you." “所以对你来说 这是一个双赢的局面。”
win-win:adj.双赢的;互利互惠的;
(Laughter) (笑声)
His advice was so unexpected , when I got home, 我完全没料到他会这样建议。 当我回到家,
unexpected:adj.意外的,想不到的;
I turned on my computer and opened the folder where I had saved all the hate mail. 打开我的电脑, 打开保存所有仇恨邮件的文件夹。
folder:n.文件夹;折叠机;折叠式印刷品;
There were literally hundreds of them. 不夸张的说,有成百上千封这样的邮件。
literally:adv.按字面:字面上:确实地:
Emails that started with words like "terrorist," 这些邮件大都以 这样的文字开头“恐怖分子“,
'"raghead," “头上裹烂布的人”,
'"rat," " whore ." “卑鄙小人”,“婊子”。
whore:v.卖淫,娼妓;n.娼妓,淫妇;
I decided to contact the one who had sent me the most. 我决定联系那个 发最多邮件给我的人。
contact:n.接触,联系;v.使接触,联系;
His name was Ingolf. 他的名字是Ingolf。
I decided to contact him just once so I could say at least I had tried. 我决定只和他联系一次, 这样子我可以说,至少我尝试过了。
To my surprise and shock, he answered the phone. 令我感到意外和震惊的是, 他接了电话。
I blurted out, "Hello, my name is ?zlem. You have sent me so many hate mails. 我脱口而出:“你好,我是?zlem。 你给我发了很多封仇恨邮件。
blurted:v.脱口而出;(blurt的过去分词和过去式)
You don't know me, I don't know you. 你都不认识我,我也不认识你。
I was wondering if I could come around and we can drink a coffee together and talk about it?" 我在想我能不能前来拜访, 一起喝杯咖啡 聊一下?”
(Laughter) (笑声)
There was silence on the line . 电话那头是一阵沉默。
on the line:处于危险中;模棱两可;在电话线上;
And then he said, "I have to ask my wife." 然后他说到: “我要问一下我妻子。”
(Laughter) (笑声)
What? 什么?
The racist has a wife? 这个种族歧视者有老婆?
racist:n.种族主义者;种族主义的;
(Laughter) (笑声)
A couple of days later, we met at his house. 几天后,我在他家里见到了他。
I will never forget when he opened his front door and reached out to shake my hand. 我永远不会忘记 当他打开家门 伸出手跟我握手的场景。
I felt so disappointed. 我感到非常失望。
(Laughter) (笑声)
because he looked nothing like I'd imagined. 因为他跟我想象的一点都不一样。
I had expected a horrible person -- dirty, messy house. 我想,他会是一个很可怕的人, 住在一间脏乱的房子里。
horrible:可怕的,极讨厌的, messy:adj.肮脏的;凌乱的;不整洁的;
It was not. 但并不是这样的。
His house smelled of coffee which was served from a coffee set identical to the one my parents used. 他的房子充满了咖啡的香味, 装咖啡的杯子跟我我父母的 其中一套咖啡杯一模一样。
coffee set:咖啡具,咖啡用具; identical:adj.同一的;完全相同的;n.完全相同的事物;
I ended up staying for two and a half hours. 最后我在那待了两个半小时。
And we had so many things in common. 我们有很多一样的地方。
Even our prejudices were alike. 甚至我们的偏见都很相似。
prejudices:成见;偏见;歧视(prejudice的复数);
(Laughter) (笑声)
Ingolf told me that when he waits for the bus and the bus stops 10 meters away from him, it was because the driver was a "raghead." Ingolf告诉我当他在等公交车时, 公交车会停在离他10米远的地方, 因为公交车司机是一个 “裹穆斯林头巾的人”
I recognized that feeling. 我理解这种感受。
recognized:v.认识;认出;辨别出;承认;意识到;(recognize的过去分词和过去式)
When I was young and I waited for the bus and it stopped 10 meters away from me, 我小时候, 也在等公交车时, 公交车会停在离我10米远的地方,
I was sure that the driver was a racist. 我很确定司机是个种族歧视分子。
When I got home, 当我回到家,
I was very ambivalent about my experience. 我对我的经历感到很矛盾。
ambivalent:adj.矛盾的;好恶相克的;
On the one hand , I really liked Ingolf. 一方面,我真的很喜欢Ingolf。
On the one hand:一方面;
He was easy and pleasant to talk to, but on the other hand , 他很容易相处而且跟他聊天很开心, 但另一方面,
on the other hand:另一方面;
I couldn't stand the idea of having so much in common with someone who had such clearly racist views. 我不能忍受我与一个有 这样明显种族歧视的人 有那么多共同之处。
in common with:与…一样;
Gradually , and painfully , 慢慢地, 而且痛苦地,
Gradually:adv.渐渐地;逐步地; painfully:adv.痛苦地,费力地;
I came to realize that I had been just as judgmental of those who had sent me hate mails as they had been of me. 我终于意识到 我其实也在批判那些 给我发过仇恨邮件的人, 就像他们曾经对我那样。
judgmental:adj.审判的;
This was the beginning of what I call #dialoguecoffee. 这就是我所提到的 “#聊天咖啡”的开端。
Basically , I sit down for coffee with people who have said the most terrible things to me to try to understand why they hate people like me when they don't even know me. 也就是,坐下来跟曾经对我说过 最吓人的话的人喝喝咖啡, 试着去理解为什么 他们这么讨厌像我这样的人, 甚至在他们都不认识我时。
Basically:adv.主要地,基本上;
I have been doing this the last eight years. 我在过去的八年里都做着这样的事。
The vast majority of people I approach agree to meet me. 绝大部分我联系到的人 都同意和我见面。
majority:n.大部分:大多数:多数票:成年人: approach:n.方法;路径;v.接近;建议;着手处理;
Most of them are men, but I have also met women. 这里面很大一部分是男性, 但我也见过女性。
I have made it a rule to always meet them in their house to convey from the outset that I trust them. 我制定了一条规定: 总是在他们家里见面, 从一开始就传达出我对他们的信任。
convey:vt.传达;运输;让与; outset:n.开始;开端;
I always bring food because when we eat together, it is easier to find what we have in common and make peace together. 我总会带着食物前往, 因为当我们一起吃东西的时候, 比较容易找到我们的共通之处, 让我们能和平相处。
make peace:讲和;调解;言和和解;
Along the way, I have learned some valuable lessons. 在这段经历中,我学到了 一些很重要的东西。
valuable:adj.有价值的;贵重的;可估价的;n.贵重物品;
The people who sent hate mails are workers, husbands, wives, parents like you and me. 发仇恨邮件的人会是工人、 丈夫、妻子、 父母, 就像你和我一样。
I'm not saying that their behavior is acceptable , but I have learned to distance myself from the hateful views without distancing myself from the person who's expressing those views. 我不是说他们的行为 是可以被接受的, 但是我学会了在远离这些充满恶意 的情况下, 不远离表达这些观点的人。
acceptable:adj.认同的;可接受的;令人满意的; expressing:v.表示;表达;表露;显而易见;(express的现在分词)
And I have discovered that the people I visit are just as afraid of people they don't know as I was afraid of them before I started inviting myself for coffee. 然后我发现 我拜访的人们其实 只是害怕他们不了解的人, 就像我邀请他们同饮咖啡前 对他们的恐惧。
During these meetings, a specific theme keeps coming up. 这些会面都围绕着同一个主题。
specific:adj.特殊的,特定的;明确的;详细的;[药]具有特效的;n.特性;细节;特效药;
It shows up regardless whether I'm talking to a humanist or a racist, a man, a woman, a Muslim or an atheist . 不论与我交谈的是一个人文主义者, 或是种族主义者, 男性或女性, 穆斯林或无神论者。
regardless:adj.不管的; v.不顾后果地; humanist:n.人道主义者;人类学者,人文学者;人文主义者;adj.人文主义的;人道主义的; atheist:n.无神论者;
They all seem to think that other people are to blame for the hate and for the generalization of groups. 他们都认为 仇恨,还有种族的概化 都是其他人的错。
generalization:n.概括;普遍化;一般化;
They all believe that other people have to stop demonizing . 他们认为其他人必须要停止妖魔化。
demonizing:vt.妖魔化;使…成为魔鬼;
They point at politicians , the media , their neighbor or the bus driver who stops 10 meters away. 他们把矛头对准政客, 媒体,邻居, 还有把公交车停在十米之外的司机。
politicians:n.政治家;(蔑)政客;(美)政治贩;(politician的复数) media:n.媒体;媒质(medium的复数);血管中层;浊塞音;中脉;
But when I asked, "What about you? 但当我问道:“那你呢?
What can you do?", the reply is usually, "What can I do? 你能做些什么?” 回答大都是: “我能做些什么?
I have no influence . 我毫无影响力,
influence:n.影响;势力;感化;有影响的人或事;v.影响;改变;
I have no power." 也没有权力。”
I know that feeling. 我感同身受。
For a large part of my life, 我人生中的很长一段时间也认为
I also thought that I didn't have any power or influence -- even when I was a member of the Danish parliament. 我没有权力或是影响力—— 即使我是一名丹麦国会议员。
But today I know the reality is different. 但现在我想,事实并非如此。
We all have power and influence where we are, so we must never, never underestimate our own potential . 不论我们在哪儿, 我们都有权力和影响力, 所以我们永远不可以 低估我们的潜能。
underestimate:v.低估;看轻;n.低估; potential:n.潜能;可能性;[电]电势;adj.潜在的;可能的;势的;
The #dialoguecoffee meetings have taught me that people of all political convictions can be caught demonizing the others with different views. “#聊天咖啡”教会我的是 任何拥有政治信念的人都可能妖魔化 拥有不同观点的人。
convictions:n.判罪;定罪;坚定的看法(或信念);坚信;肯定;(conviction的复数)
I know what I'm talking about. 我知道我在说些什么。
As a young child, I hated different population groups. 在我很小的时候, 我讨厌不同的种群。
And at the time, my religious views were very extreme . 那时,我的宗教观非常极端。
religious:adj.宗教的;虔诚的;严谨的;修道的;n.修道士;尼姑; extreme:adj.极端的;极度的;偏激的;尽头的;n.极端;末端;最大程度;极端的事物;
But my friendship with Turks , with Danes , with Jews and with racists has vaccinated me against my own prejudices. 但我与土耳其人,丹麦人, 犹太人还有种族主义者的友谊 改变了我的偏见。
Turks:n.土耳其人;突厥人(Turk的复数形式); Danes:n.丹麦人(Dane的复数);丹族; racists:n.种族主义者;种族主义的; vaccinated:v.给…接种疫苗;(vaccinate的过去分词和过去式)
I grew up in a working-class family, and on my journey I have met many people who have insisted on speaking to me. 我出生于一个工人阶级家庭。 在我的旅程中,我见到了 许多人坚持同我谈话。
working-class:adj.工人阶级的;劳动阶级的; journey:n.旅行;行程;vi.旅行;
They have changed my views. 他们改变了我的很多观点。
They have formed me as a democratic citizen and a bridge builder . 他们让我成为了一个民主的公民, 一个桥梁的搭建者。
democratic:adj.民主的;民主政治的;大众的; builder:n.建筑者;建立者;
If you want to prevent hate and violence , we have to talk to as many people as possible for as long as possible while being as open as possible. 如果你想阻止仇恨和暴力, 你需要尽可能多地和人沟通, 坚持地越久越好, 同时越开放越好。
violence:n.暴力;侵犯;激烈;歪曲; as long as:conj.只要;长达;如果;既然;
That can only be achieved through debate, critical conversation and insisting on dialogue that doesn't demonize people. 做到的唯一方式是去辩论, 去批判性交谈 并在对话中不将别人妖魔化。
critical:adj.鉴定的;[核]临界的;批评的,爱挑剔的;危险的;决定性的;评论的; demonize:v.妖魔化;使…成为魔鬼;
I'm going to ask you a question. 我想问问大家。
I invite you to think about it when you get home and in the coming days, but you have to be honest with yourself. 我想让你们在回家后 的几天里思考一下, 但你要对自己坦诚相待。
It should be easy, no one else will know it. 这很简单, 没有其他人会知道。
The question is this ... 这个问题是......
who do you demonize? 你把谁妖魔化了?
Do you think supporters of American President Trump are deplorables? 你是否认为美国总统川普 的支持者是可悲的?
supporters:n.拥护者;(运动队的)支持者;(supporter的复数) Trump:n.王牌;主牌花色;v.出王牌赢(牌);;赢;胜过;打败;
Or that those who voted for Turkish President Erdo?an are crazy Islamists? 投票给土耳其总统埃尔多安 的人是疯狂的伊斯兰教徒?
Turkish:adj.土耳其的;土耳其人的,土耳其语的;突厥诸语言的;n.土耳其语;
Or that those who voted for Le Pen in France are stupid fascists ? 认为在法国投票给勒朋的人 是愚蠢的法西斯?
fascists:法西斯主义的支持者(Fascist的名词复数);
Or perhaps you think that Americans who voted for Bernie Sanders are immature hippies . 又或者,在美国投票给 伯尼·桑德斯的是 幼稚的嬉皮士。
Sanders:n.打磨机;(sander的复数) immature:adj.不成熟的;未成熟的;粗糙的; hippies:n.嬉皮士(hippy的复数);
(Laughter) (笑声)
All those words have been used to vilify those groups. 这些词汇都是对他们的诽谤。
vilify:vt.诽谤;中伤;轻视;贬低;
Maybe at this point, do you think I am an idealist ? 或许在此刻, 你认为我是一个理想主义者?
idealist:n.空想家,理想主义者;唯心主义者;adj.理想主义的;唯心主义的;
I want to give you a challenge. 我想给各位一个挑战。
Before the end of this year, 在今年结束前,
I challenge you to invite someone who you demonize -- someone who you disagree with politically and/or culturally and don't think you have anything in common with. 我想你们去邀请一位 被你妖魔化的人—— 一个与你有不同政见 或是文化背景, 你认为和你毫无共同之处的人。
politically:adv.政治上; culturally:adv.从文化角度,文化意义上;在人文学方面;
I challenge you to invite someone like this to #dialoguecoffee. 我想你邀请这样一个人进行 “#聊天咖啡”。
Remember Ingolf? 还记得Ingolf么?
Basically, I'm asking you to find an Ingolf in your life, contact him or her and suggest that you can meet for #dialoguecofee. 确切来说,我想你找到 生活里的Ingolf, 联系他或她, 提议你们可以共饮“#聊天咖啡”。
When you start at #dialoguecoffee, you have to remember this: first, don't give up if the person refuses at first. 当你开始“聊天咖啡”时, 你需要记得: 第一点,不要轻易放弃 对方的第一次拒绝。
Sometimes it's taken me nearly one year to arrange a #dialoguecoffee meeting. 有时我会花上一年的时间 来预约一场“#聊天咖啡”。
arrange:v.安排;排列;整理;
Two: acknowledge the other person's courage. 第二: 感激对方的勇气。
It isn't just you who's brave. 并不只有你是勇敢的。
The one who's inviting you into their home is just as brave. 邀请你到他家去的人也很勇敢。
Three: don't judge during the conversation. 第三: 不要在交谈中批判对方,
Make sure that most of the conversation focuses on what you have in common. 注意你们的关注点应该是你们的共同点。
As I said , bring food. 像我所说的那样,带点食物。
As I said:正如我所说的
And finally , remember to finish the conversation in a positive way because you are going to meet again. 最后记得积极正面地结束谈话, 因为你们会再次相遇。
finally:adv.终于;最终;(用于列举)最后;彻底地; positive:adj.积极的;[数]正的,[医][化学]阳性的;确定的;n.正数;[摄]正片;
A bridge can't be built in one day. 冰冻三尺非一日之寒。
We are living in a world where many people hold definitive and often extreme opinions about the others without knowing much about them. 我们生活在一个大多数人 对其他人持有 狭隘或是极端的评价的世界里, 但其实对他人所知甚少。
definitive:n.限定词;adj.决定性的;最后的;限定的;
We notice of course the prejudices on the other side than in our own bases. 我们更多地注意到他人的偏见 而非我们自己的。
on the other side:另一面;在另一边;
And we ban them from our lives. 我们把他们排斥在了 我们的人生之外。
ban:v.下令禁止;查禁;n.禁令;
We delete the hate mails. 我们删掉那些仇恨邮件。
We hang out only with people who think like us and talk about the others in a category of disdain . 我们只与思想相近的人一起消遣, 以一种鄙夷的态度讨论他人。
category:n.种类,分类;[数]范畴; disdain:n.蔑视;vt.鄙弃;
We unfriend people on Facebook, and when we meet people who are discriminating or dehumanizing people or groups, we don't insist on speaking with them to challenge their opinions. 我们删除Facebook里的好友, 当我们遇到歧视, 或是妖魔化他人的人时, 我们不会坚持和他们交谈, 来挑战他们的观点。
unfriend:n.在Facebook等社交网站上与某人解除好友关系; discriminating:adj.有识别力的; v.区别; dehumanizing:vt.使成兽性;使失掉人性;
That's how healthy democratic societies break down -- when we don't check the personal responsibility for the democracy . 这正是健康民主社会的分崩所在—— 我们不再审视个人在民主上的责任。
democracy:n.民主,民主主义;民主政治;
We take the democracy for granted . 我们将民主视为理所当然。
granted:v.不错,的确; conj.因为; v.同意,准予,允许; (grant的过去分词和过去式)
It is not. 但事实并非如此。
Conversation is the most difficult thing in a democracy and also the most important. 在民主中,交谈是最困难的, 也是最重要的。
So here's my challenge. 所以,这是我提出的挑战。
Find your Ingolf. 寻找你的Ingolf。
(Laughter) (笑声)
Start a conversation. 开启一次对话。
Trenches have been dug between people, yes, but we all have the ability to build the bridges that cross the trenches. 是的,人与人之间有 不可逾越的鸿沟, 但我们有能力在鸿沟上建起桥梁。
Trenches:n.战壕(trench复数); v.挖战壕于…;
And let me end by quoting my friend, 最后,让我引用我朋友
quoting:v.引用;报价;举例说明;开价;为(企业的股份)上市;(quote的现在分词)
Sergeot Uzan, who lost his son, Dan Uzan, in a terror attack on a Jewish synagogue in Copenhagen , 2015. Sergeot Uzan的一句话, 他在2015在哥本哈根 的一个犹太教堂里的 一次恐怖袭击中失去了 他的儿子 Dan Uzan。
Jewish:adj.犹太人的;犹太族的; synagogue:n.犹太教会堂;犹太人集会; Copenhagen:n.哥本哈根(丹麦首都);
Sergio rejected any suggestion of revenge and instead said this ... Sergio回绝了报复的建议, 反而说到:
rejected:adj.被拒的;不合格的;v.拒绝,驳回;(reject的过去式和过去分词) revenge:n.报复;复仇;v.报复;替…报仇;洗雪;
'" Evil can only be defeated by kindness between people. “罪恶只能被仁慈打败,
Evil:adj.邪恶的;不幸的;有害的;讨厌的;n.罪恶,邪恶;不幸;
Kindness demands courage." 而仁慈需要勇气。”
Dear friends, let's be courageous . 亲爱的朋友们, 愿勇气与我们同在。
courageous:adj.有胆量的,勇敢的;
Thank you. 谢谢!
(Applause) (鼓掌)