|
|
North.South-南方北方
|
What a business this wedding has been, what an expense . |
这场婚礼真是劳心劳力 花销巨大 |
expense:n.费用;开支;花费;开销;
|
You know, sometimes, my dear sister, |
有时候 亲爱的姐姐 |
I envy you your little country parsonage . |
我羡慕你们的小乡村牧师宅邸 |
envy:n.嫉妒,妒忌;羡慕;v.嫉妒,妒忌;羡慕;感到妒忌;显示出妒忌; parsonage:n.圣职薪俸;牧师住所;
|
You two married for love, I know. |
你俩是为爱结合 这我知道 |
Now, of course, Edith can afford to do that. |
当然了 伊迪丝花得起这个钱 |
afford:v.给予,提供;买得起;
|
Go on, Captain! Dance! Dance with your bride . |
跳吧 上尉 跟你的新娘跳舞吧 |
bride:n.新娘;
|
You are bored , Miss Margaret. - No. |
你无聊了吧 玛格丽特小姐 -没有 |
bored:adj.无聊的;厌倦的;烦闷的;v.使厌烦;钻,凿,挖;(bore的过去分词和过去式)
|
I'm tired. |
我累了 |
I'm exhausted . And a little too grown-up for ornaments like this. |
累坏了 而且已经过了戴这种头饰的年纪了 |
exhausted:adj.筋疲力尽的; v.使筋疲力尽; (exhaust的过去分词和过去式) ornaments:n.装饰品;首饰;v.装饰;点缀;美化;(ornament的第三人称单数和复数)
|
When I get married, |
等我结婚的时候 |
I want to wake up on a sunny day, put on my favourite dress and just walk to the church. |
我要在一个阳光明媚的日子起床 穿上我最喜欢的裙子 直接走去教堂 |
There. Is that better? |
看 这样好多了吧 |
I think you look very well. |
我觉得你很美 |
You would look very well whatever you wore. |
你不管穿戴什么都会很美 |
I love my cousin dearly . |
我真爱我的表妹 |
dearly:adv.深深地;昂贵地;
|
I've been very happy in this house. |
我在这家里十分开心 |
But I'll be even more happy to go home to Helstone, tomorrow. |
但我更想明天回家去海尔斯顿 |
The wonderful Helstone. |
美丽的海尔斯顿啊 |
You cannot be kept away? |
你不愿离开太久吗 |
No. I cannot. |
是啊 不愿意 |
It's the best place on earth. |
那是这世上最棒的地方 |
Margaret. Is that you? |
玛格丽特 是你吗 |
M... Mr Lennox. |
莱诺克斯先生 |
W... what's happened? |
发生什么了 |
Is it Edith? Some accident? |
是伊迪丝吗 出什么事了吗 |
No, no, calm yourself. No such calamity . |
不不 冷静点 没有这种事 |
calamity:n.灾难;不幸事件;
|
I have come to visit paradise ... |
我是来拜访天堂的 |
paradise:n.天堂;至福境地;
|
...as you suggested. |
就如你说的 |
Well... |
那好吧 |
Mr Lennox. |
莱诺克斯先生 |
Y... You'd better sit down. |
你还是坐吧 |
This is home. |
我们到家了 |
Mama, you remember Mr Lennox? |
妈妈 您还记得莱诺克斯先生吧 |
Oh, yes. |
当然 |
Yes. Yes, of course, I... |
是的 当然 |
I could walk this route with my eyes closed. |
我闭着眼睛也能走这条路 |
route:n.路线;路途;固定线路;途径;v.按某路线发送;
|
I've been visiting Father's parishioners since I was a very small girl. |
我从很小就一直经常看望 父亲的教友 |
parishioners:n.教区居民;(尤指)教区的教徒;(parishioner的复数)
|
Did you hear what I just said? |
你听到我说的话了吗 |
Sorry, I... |
抱歉 |
I was just remembering your prescription for a perfect wedding. |
我刚好想起了你描述的完美婚礼 |
prescription:n.处方;药方;医生开的药;开处方;
|
I should like to walk to church on a sunny morning. |
在一个明媚的早晨走去教堂 |
Was this the path you were describing ? |
你说的就是这条路吗 |
describing:v.描述;形容;把…称为;做…运动;(describe的现在分词)
|
Why, yes, I suppose so, I... |
大概是的 |
suppose:v.推断:假定:假设:设想:
|
wasn't actually thinking of MY wedding, you understand. |
我其实并不是在想着我的婚礼 你明白吧 |
I was wondering, Margaret, whether... |
玛格丽特 我不知 你... |
Please, don't won... |
求你 别... |
...whether you might consider making that walk, sharing that morning with one who... |
你是否愿意走上这条路 在那样的一个早晨跟 |
Please, listen. Margret... |
请听我说 玛格丽特 |
Please. Don't continue. |
请别说了 |
I'm sorry. |
对不起 |
Excuse me. I... |
抱歉 |