返回首页

MonikaBulaj_2011G-_阿富汗的隐匿之光_

My travels to Afghanistan began many, many years ago on the eastern border of my country, my homeland, Poland . 很多年以前 我的阿富汗之旅始于 我的祖国- 波兰的东部边境
Afghanistan:n.阿富汗(国家名称,位于亚洲); eastern:adj.东方的;向东的;东部的;东方国家的;n.东方人;东正教信徒; Poland:n.波兰(欧洲国家);
I was walking through the forests of my grandmother's tales. 我走过祖母讲过的 故事里的树林
A land where every field hides a grave , where millions of people have been deported or killed in the 20th century. 一片到处是坟墓的土地 20世纪的时候 那里有成千上万的人 被杀害或流放
grave:adj.重大的;严肃的;黯淡的;n.墓穴,坟墓;死亡;v.雕刻;铭记; deported:v.驱逐出境,递解出境(deport的过去分词和过去式)
Behind the destruction , 在这毁灭之地的背后
destruction:n.破坏,毁灭;摧毁;
I found a soul of places. 我找到了这儿的灵魂
I met humble people. 我遇到谦卑的人们
humble:adj.谦逊的; vt.使谦恭;
I heard their prayer and ate their bread. 倾听他们的祷告 享用他们的食物
Then I have been walking East for 20 years -- from Eastern Europe to Central Asia -- through the Caucasus Mountains, 我这样一直向东走了二十年- 从东欧走到了中亚- 越过了高加索山脉
Caucasus:n.高加索(俄罗斯南部地区,位于黑海和里海之间,等于Caucasia);
Middle East , 中东
Middle East:n.中东(包括亚洲西南部和非洲东北部);
North Africa, 北非
Russia. 俄罗斯
And I ever met more humble people. 遇见更多谦卑的人
And I shared their bread and their prayer. 倾听他们的祷告并分享他们的食物
This is why I went to Afghanistan. 这是我前往阿富汗的原因
One day, I crossed the bridge over the Oxus River. 有天我走过 奥克苏斯河上的桥
bridge over:在…上架桥;渡过;暂时帮助;
I was alone on foot. 只身一人徒步前行
And the Afghan soldier was so surprised to see me that he forgot to stamp my passport. 阿富汗士兵看到我无比惊讶 甚至忘了在我护照上盖章
But he gave me a cup of tea. 但他给了我一杯茶
And I understood that his surprise was my protection. 我明白 他惊讶于我的毫无装备
So I have been walking and traveling, by horses, by yak, by truck, by hitchhiking , from Iran's border to the bottom, to the edge of the Wakhan Corridor . 我在旅途中 骑过马,牦牛,坐过卡车,搭过便车 一路从伊朗边境 一直到瓦罕走廊
hitchhiking:v.搭便车;搭顺风车;(hitchhike的现在分词) Corridor:n.通道;过道;走廊(一国领土通过他国境内的狭长地带);
And in this way 这途中
I could find noor, the hidden light of Afghanistan. 我找到了光明,找到阿富汗的隐匿之光
My only weapon was my notebook and my Leica. 我唯一的武器 就是我的笔记本和莱卡
I heard prayers of the Sufi -- humble Muslims, hated by the Taliban . 我听过苏菲人的祈祷- 谦卑的穆斯林 承受着塔利班的仇恨
Taliban:塔利班;
Hidden river, interconnected with the mysticism from Gibraltar to India. 这隐匿的河流 连接着从直布罗陀 直到印度的神秘
interconnected:adj.连通的;有联系的;v.互相连接(interconnect的过去式); mysticism:n.神秘;神秘主义;谬论; Gibraltar:n.直布罗陀(海峡);冰砂糖;
The mosque where the respectful foreigner is showered with blessings and with tears, and welcomed as a gift. 清真寺里 心怀敬畏的外国人 接受祝福 和泪水的洗礼 并受到欢迎
mosque:n.清真寺; respectful:adj.恭敬的;有礼貌的; blessings:n.祝福(blessing复数);
What do we know about the country and the people that we pretend to protect, about the villages where the only one medicine to kill the pain and to stop the hunger is opium ? 对于这个国家 和我们假装保护的人们 我们了解多少 对于那些 只能用鸦片来止痛和抵御饥饿的 遥远村庄 我们又了解多少
opium:n.鸦片;麻醉剂;adj.鸦片的;
These are opium-addicted people on the roofs of Kabul 10 years after the beginning of our war. 这些是鸦片成瘾的人们 在喀布尔的屋顶上 这是阿富汗战后10年
These are the nomad girls who became prostitutes for Afghan businessmen. 她们是牧民女孩儿 成为阿富汗生意人的妓女
nomad:n.游牧民;流浪者;adj.游牧的;流浪的; prostitutes:n.卖淫者;妓女v.滥用才能;出卖肉体(prostitute的第三人称单数和复数)
What do we know about the women 10 years after the war? 战后10年 我们对这些女性 又了解多少?
Clothed in this nylon bag, made in China, with the name of burqa. 她们穿着尼龙袋子 产自中国的 叫做布卡
Clothed:adj.穿…衣服的;覆盖著…的;v.穿…;授以(clothe的过去式); nylon:n.尼龙,[纺]聚酰胺纤维;尼龙袜;
I saw one day, the largest school in Afghanistan, a girls' school. 有一天 我看到了阿富汗最大的学校 一个女子学校
13,000 girls studying here in the rooms underground, full of scorpions . 13,000名女孩子 在地下室里 学习 房间里到处是蝎子
scorpions:n.蝎子;蝎形弩(scorpion的复数形式);
And their love [for studying] 还有她们对学习的热爱
was so big that I cried. 我不禁流泪了
What do we know about the death threats by the Taliban nailed on the doors of the people who dare to send their daughters to school as in Balkh? 我们对 在巴尔赫 因为把女儿送进学校 而日日饱受 塔利班死亡威胁的人们又了解多少?
The region is not secure, but full of the Taliban, and they did it. 这个地区充满危险,到处是塔利班势力 是他们带来了危险
region:n.地区;范围;部位;
My aim is to give a voice to the silent people, to show the hidden lights behind the curtain of the great game, the small worlds ignored by the media and the prophets of a global conflict . 我的目标是代替这些 沉默的人们发出呐喊 昭示巨大阴谋幕帘背后的 隐匿之光 让这个被媒体和解决世界冲突的先驱者 遗忘的世界得到光明
behind the curtain:adv.幕后;秘密; ignored:v.忽视;对…不予理会;佯装未见;不予理睬;(ignore的过去分词和过去式) media:n.媒体;媒质(medium的复数);血管中层;浊塞音;中脉; prophets:n.先知;提倡者(prophet的复数形式); global:adj.全球的;总体的;球形的; conflict:n.冲突;矛盾;争执;抵触;v.抵触;
Thanks. 谢谢
(Applause) (掌声)