返回首页

MohamedHijiri_2013X-_一个解决未来磷危机的简单方法_

I'm going to start by asking you a question: 首先,我想问大家一个问题:
Is anyone familiar with the blue algae problem? 有人对蓝藻问题熟悉吗?
familiar:adj.熟悉的;常见的;亲近的;n.常客;密友; algae:n.[植]藻类;[植]海藻;
Okay, so most of you are. 很好,大部分人都了解
I think we can all agree it's a serious issue . 我想大家都同意这是个严重的问题
issue:n.重要议题;争论的问题;v.宣布;公布;发出;发行;
Nobody wants to drink blue algae-contaminated water, or swim in a blue algae-infested lake. 没有人想喝被蓝藻污染的水 或者在被蓝藻污染的湖里游泳
Right? 对吧?
I hope you won't be disappointed, but today, I won't be talking about blue algae. 我希望大家不会失望, 虽然今天我不会讨论蓝藻。
Instead, I'll be talking about the main cause at the root of this issue, which I will be referring to as the phosphorus crisis . 但是我要谈论这个问题的根源 但是我要谈论这个问题的根源 我称它为“磷危机”
referring:v.引用;提到;将…归因于…;把…提交;(refer的现在分词) phosphorus:n.磷; crisis:n.危机;危险期;决定性时刻;adj.危机的;用于处理危机的;
Why have I chosen to talk to you about the phosphorus crisis today? 为什么今天我选择谈论磷危机?
For the simple reason that nobody else is talking about it. 很简单,因为没有人谈论它
And by the end of my presentation , I hope that the general public will be more aware of this crisis and this issue. 等我演讲完了,我希望 大众会对这个危机有更多的觉悟
presentation:n.展示;描述,陈述;介绍;赠送; general public:n.普通百姓;大众;公众;
Now, the problem is that if I ask, why do we find ourselves in this situation with blue algae? 现在,如果我问大家 为什么我们会有蓝藻问题?
The answer is that it comes from how we farm. 回答是这跟我们如何耕种土地有关
We use fertilizers in our farming, chemical fertilizers. 我们在耕种的过程中使用肥料,化学肥料
fertilizers:n.[肥料]肥料(fertilizer的复数形式);化肥;底肥; chemical:n.化学制品,化学药品;adj.化学的;
Why do we use chemical fertilizers in agriculture? 为什么我们要在农业中使用化肥?
Basically , to help plants grow and to produce a better yield . 基本上是为了帮助植物生长并有个好收成
Basically:adv.主要地,基本上; yield:n.产量;产出;利润;v.屈服;让步;放弃;提供;
The issue is that this is set to engender an environmental problem that is without precedent . 问题在于,这造成了一个 前所未有的环境问题
engender:vt.使产生;造成;vi.产生;引起; precedent:n.先例;前例;adj.在前的;在先的;
Before going further, let me give you a crash course in plant biology . 在我们深入这个话题之前, 请让我给大家补充一点植物生物学的基础知识
crash course:速成课(等于cramcourse); biology:n.(一个地区全部的)生物;生物学;
So, what does a plant need in order to grow? 那么,一株植物需要什么才能生长?
A plant, quite simply, needs light, it needs CO2, but even more importantly, it needs nutrients , which it draws from the soil. 一株植物,很简单,需要光和二氧化碳 但是更重要的是,它需要养料 它们从土壤中吸取这些养料
nutrients:营养盐;[食品]营养素;
Several of these nutrients are essential chemical elements : phosphorus, nitrogen and calcium . 有一些养料是非常重要的化学元素: 比如磷,氮和钙
essential:n.要点;要素;实质;必需品;adj.完全必要的;必不可少的;极其重要的;本质的; elements:n.要素;基本部分;少量;一群;(element的复数) nitrogen:n.氮;氮气; calcium:n.[化学]钙;
So, the plant’s roots will extract these resources . 因此,植物的根会吸取这些这些养分资源
extract:v.提取;取出;摘录;榨取;n.汁;摘录;榨出物;选粹; resources:n.[计][环境]资源; v.向…提供资金(resource的第三人称单数);
Today I'll be focusing on a major problem that is linked to phosphorus. 今天我将重点谈一个和磷元素相关的重要问题
Why phosphorus in particular ? 为什么是磷?
in particular:尤其,特别;
Because it is the most problematic chemical element. 因为这是最有问题的一个化学元素
problematic:adj.问题的;有疑问的;不确定的;
By the end of my presentation, you will have seen what these problems are, and where we are today. 在我演讲之后,大家将会了解 这些问题是什么,以及我们面临的现状如何
Phosphorus is a chemical element that is essential to life. This is a very important point. 磷是生命必需的化学元素 这点非常重要
I’d like everyone to understand precisely what the phosphorus issue is. 我想让大家都准确地理解,磷问题到底是怎么一回事
Phosphorus is a key component in several molecules , in many of our molecules of life. 磷是一些化合物的关键成分 包括许多我们生活中的化合物里都有磷
component:n.成分;部件;组成部分;adj.构成的; molecules:n.[化学]分子,微粒;[化学]摩尔(molecule的复数);
Experts in the field will know that cellular communication is phosphorus-based -- phosphorylation , dephosphorylation. 这个领域的专家们都知道 细胞间的通讯传递是基于磷的- 像是磷酸化,去磷酸化
cellular:adj.细胞的;多孔的;由细胞组成的;n.移动电话;单元; phosphorylation:n.[有化]磷酸化作用;
Cell membranes are phosphorus-based: These are called phospholipids . 细胞膜是由磷构成的- 它们被称作“磷脂”
membranes:n.细胞膜(membrane的复数);薄膜;膜皮; phospholipids:n.[化]磷脂;(phospholipids是phospholipid的复数);
The energy in all living things, ATP, is phosphorus-based. 所有生物的能量来源,ATP,是基于磷的
And more importantly still, phosphorus is a key component of DNA, something everyone is familiar with, and which is shown in this image. 而更重要的是, 磷是DNA(遗传物质)的关键成分 大家对这幅图上的内容应该很熟悉了
DNA is our genetic heritage . DNA是我们基因遗传物质。
genetic:adj.基因的;遗传学的; heritage:n.遗产;传统;继承物;继承权;
It is extremely important, and once again, phosphorus is a key player. 它极其关键,再强调一下,磷是一个关键物质
extremely:adv.非常,极其;极端地;
Now, where do we find this phosphorus? 那么,我们在哪里找到这些磷呢?
As humans, where do we find it? 作为人类,我们在哪里找到它?
As I explained earlier, plants extract phosphorus from the soil, through water. 我之前已经解释过了, 植物从土壤里通过水来吸收磷
So, we humans get it from the things we eat: plants, vegetables, fruits, and also from eggs, meat and milk. 所以,我们人类通过食物来获取它: 植物、蔬菜、水果 还有蛋类、肉和牛奶
It’s true that some humans eat better than others. 那些“吃得比别人更好的人“
Some are happier than others. 确实”比别人过得更开心”
And now, looking at this picture, which speaks for itself, we see modern agriculture, which I also refer to as intensive agriculture. 那么,看一下这张图,非常直观的 我们看到了现代农业 我也称它为密集农业
intensive:adj.加强的;集中的;透彻的;加强语气的;n.加强器;
Intensive agriculture is based on the use of chemical fertilizers. 密集农业以化肥使用为前提
Without them, we would not manage to produce enough to feed the world's population. 没有化肥,我们没有办法生产 足够的食物来满足世界人口的需求
Speaking of humans, there are currently 7 billion of us on Earth. 说到人类,现在地球上有70亿人
currently:adv.当前;一般地;
In less than 40 years, there will be 9 billion of us. 不出40年,这个数字就会达到90亿
And the question is a simple one: Do we have enough phosphorus to feed our future generations? 问题很简单:我们有足够的磷 来养活这么多人吗?
So, in order to understand these issues , where do we find our phosphorus? 那么,为了理解这些问题, (我们要问)我们从哪里找到磷呢?
issues:n.重要议题;争论的问题;v.宣布;公布;发出;(issue的第三人称单数和复数)
Let me explain. 让我来解释
But first, let’s just suppose that we are using 100 percent of a given dose of phosphorus. 但是首先,让我们假设 我们用一袋100%都是磷的化肥
suppose:v.推断:假定:假设:设想: dose:n.剂量;一剂,一服;v.服药;给药;给…服药;
Only 15 percent of this 100 percent goes to the plant. Eighty-five percent is lost. 这其中只有15%被植物利用。85%都浪费了
It goes into the soil, ending its journey in the lakes, resulting in lakes with extra phosphorus, which leads to the blue algae problem. 这部分进入到土壤,最终到达湖泊 最终导致湖泊里的磷过剩,导致了蓝藻问题
journey:n.旅行;行程;vi.旅行;
So, you’ll see there’s a problem here, something that is illogical . 那么,大家会发现一个不合逻辑的问题
illogical:adj.不合逻辑的;不合常理的;
A hundred percent of the phosphorus is used, but only 15 percent goes to the plant. 100%的磷被使用了,但最终只有15%被植物吸收
Yes, it is. What is worse is that it is very expensive. 是的,更糟糕的是,这还非常昂贵
Nobody wants to throw their money out the window, but unfortunately that's what is happening here. 没有人会把自己的钱扔出窗外 但是不幸的是,这就是现状
unfortunately:adv.不幸地;
Eighty percent of each dose of phosphorus is lost. 每袋磷肥里的80%都被浪费了
Modern agriculture depends on phosphorus. 现代农业依赖磷肥
And because in order to get 15 percent of it to the plant, all the rest is lost, we have to add more and more. 因为要让其中的15%被植物吸收,剩下的都浪费了 我们不得不使用越来越多的磷肥
all the rest:其他所有相关信息;
Now, where will we get this phosphorus from? 那么,我们从哪里得到这些磷肥?
Basically, we get it out of mines. 基本上是从矿石中获取
This is the cover of an extraordinary article published in Nature in 2009, which really launched the discussion about the phosphorus crisis. 这是2009年《自然》杂志上 发表的一篇优秀文章的封面 这篇文章真正展开了对于磷危机的讨论
extraordinary:adj.非凡的;特别的;离奇的;临时的;特派的; launched:v.发射;发起;开展;开始;(launch的过去式和过去分词)
Phosphorus, a nutrient essential to life, which is becoming increasingly scarce , yet nobody is talking about it. 磷,作为生命的一个必需营养成分, 正在变得变得越来越稀缺 但是却没有人谈论它
increasingly:adv.越来越多地;渐增地; scarce:adv.勉强;刚;几乎不;简直不;adj.缺乏的;不足的;稀少的;
And everyone agrees: Politicians and scientists are in agreement that we are headed for a phosphorus crisis. 而且每个人都同意: 政客和科学家都达成了共识 承认我们正在面临磷危机
Politicians:n.政治家;(蔑)政客;(美)政治贩;(politician的复数)
What you are seeing here is an open-pit mine in the U.S., and to give you an idea of the dimensions of this mine, if you look in the top right-hand corner, the little crane you can see, that is a giant crane. 大家看到的是美国的一个露天矿 为了让大家对这个矿的大小有个概念 如果你看右上方的角落,那个小起重机 那其实是一个巨型起重机
dimensions:n.规模,大小; right-hand:adj.得力的;右手的,用右手的; crane:n.吊车,起重机;鹤;vi.伸着脖子看;迟疑,踌躇;vt.用起重机起吊;伸长脖子; giant:n.巨人;伟人;巨兽;adj.巨大的;特大的
So that really puts it into perspective . 这样大家就知道大小了
perspective:n.观点;远景;透视图;adj.透视的;
So, we get phosphorus from mines. 那么,我们从矿藏里获得磷
And if I make a comparison with oil, there’s an oil crisis, we talk about it, we talk about global warming , yet we never mention the phosphorus crisis. 如果我把磷和石油做个比较 我们有石油危机,我们讨论它, 我们也讨论全球变暖, 然而我们从不提磷危机
comparison:n.比较;对比;相比; global warming:n.全球(气候)变暖;地球大气层变暖;
To come back to the oil problem, oil is something we can replace. 回到石油危机上,石油是可以被替代的
We can use biofuels , or solar power, or hydropower , but phosphorus is an essential element, indispensable to life, and we can’t replace it. 我们可以使用生物燃料,或者太阳能, 或者水电, 但是磷是一个必需元素 是生命是不可或缺的元素, 并且我们找不到东西替代它
biofuels:n.[能源]生物燃料;生质燃料;生质能源(biofuel的复数形式); hydropower:n.水力发出的电力;水力发电; indispensable to:adj.不可缺少的;
What is the current state of the world's phosphorus reserves ? 当今全球的磷储备是什么情况呢?
reserves:n.[油气]储量; v.储备;
This graph gives you a rough idea of where we are today. 这张图可以给大家一个基本的概念
The black line represents predictions for phosphorus reserves. 黑线代表了对未来磷储备的预测走向
represents:v.代表;维护…的利益;相当于;(represent的第三人称单数) predictions:n.预测,预言(prediction复数形式);
In 2030, we’ll reach the peak . 在2030年,我们会达到顶峰
peak:n.高峰; v.达到高峰; adj.最高度的;
By the end of this century, it will all be gone. 这个世纪末,就会全部用光
The dotted line shows where we are today. 虚线代表着我们当下的情况
dotted line:n.虚线;点线;
As you can see , they meet in 2030, I’ll be retired by then. 可以看到,当这两条线在2030年相遇的时候, 我就退休了
As you can see:正如你所看到的;你是知道的;
But we are indeed heading for a major crisis, and I’d like people to become aware of this problem. 但是我们真的是面临着一个严重的危机, 我希望大家对这个问题有所警觉
Do we have a solution ? 我们有解决方案吗?
solution:n.解决方案;溶液;溶解;解答;
What are we to do? We are faced with a paradox . 我们能做什么? 我们面临的是一个悖论
paradox:n.悖论,反论;似非而是的论点;自相矛盾的人或事;
Less and less phosphorus will be available. 可用的磷越来越少
By 2050 there will be 9 billion of us, and according to the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization , we will need to produce twice as much food in 2050 than we do today. 到2050年,世界人口将达到90亿, 根据联合国食物和农业组织, 在2050年我们需要生产相当于现在两倍的食物
according to:根据,据说; Organization:n.组织;机构;体制;团体;
So, we will have less phosphorus, but we'll need to produce more food. 那么,磷越来越少,但我们还需要生产越来越多的食物
What should we do? 我们该怎么办?
It truly is a paradoxical situation. 这确实是一个矛盾的情况
paradoxical:adj.矛盾的;诡论的;似非而是的;
Do we have a solution, or an alternative which will allow us to optimize phosphorus use? 我们有解决办法吗?或者是 其他方法可以优化我们对磷的使用?
alternative:adj.供选择的;选择性的;交替的;n.二中择一;供替代的选择; optimize:vt.使最优化,使完善;vi.优化;持乐观态度;
Remember that 80 percent is destined to be lost. 请记住80%的磷都被浪费掉了
destined:adj.注定的;命定的;去往…的;v.注定;(destine的过去式和过去分词)
The solution I'm offering today is one that has existed for a very long time, even before plants existed on Earth, and it's a microscopic mushroom that is very mysterious , very simple, and yet also extremely complex . 我今天提出的解决办法 已经存在了很长时间了 甚至在植物在地球出现之前(就存在了) 它是一个微观菌类,非常神秘 非常简单但同时又极其复杂
microscopic:adj.微观的;用显微镜可见的; mysterious:adj.神秘的;不可思议的;难解的; complex:adj.复杂的;合成的;n.复合体;综合设施;
I've been fascinated by this little mushroom for over 16 years now. 我已经着迷于这个小菌类有16年之久了
It has led me to further my research and to use it as a model for my laboratory research. 它引导我继续自己的研究 并且把它用作我实验室的一个模型
laboratory:n.实验室,研究室;
This mushroom exists in symbiosis with the roots. 这种菌类与植物的根是共生的
symbiosis:n.[生态]共生;合作关系;共栖;
By symbiosis, I mean a bidirectional and mutually beneficial association which is also called mycorrhiza . 所谓共生,就是一种双向的互惠互利的关系, 这也被称作菌根
bidirectional:adj.双向的;n.双指向性; mutually:adv.互相地;互助; beneficial:adj.有益的,有利的;可享利益的; association:n.协会;关联;联想;交往; mycorrhiza:n.菌根;
This slide illustrates the elements of a mycorrhiza. 这张图展示了一个菌根的组成部分
illustrates:v.阐明;举例说明(illustrate的三单形式);给…加插图;
You’re looking at the root of wheat, one of the world’s most important plants. 大家正在看的是小麦的根 全世界最重要的一种植物之一
Normally , a root will find phosphorus all by itself. 通常,根部会靠自己寻找磷
Normally:adv.正常地;通常地,一般地;
It will go in search of phosphorus, but only within the one millimeter which surrounds it. 它会寻找磷, 但仅局限于环绕在它周圍一毫米的距离内
millimeter:n.毫米;
Beyond one millimeter, the root is ineffective . 超过一毫米,吸收就无效了
ineffective:adj.无效的,失效的;不起作用的;
It cannot go further in its search for phosphorus. 它没有办法进一步寻找磷
Now, imagine this tiny, microscopic mushroom. 现在,想象一下这个微小的微观菌类
It grows much faster, and is much better designed to seek out phosphorus. 它生长得更快, 而且更善于找到磷
seek:v.寻求;寻找;谋求;
It can go beyond the root’s one-millimeter scope to seek out phosphorus. 它可以超越根的一毫米范围 来寻找磷
scope:n.能力; v.仔细看;
I haven’t invented anything at all; it's a biotechnology that has existed for 450 million years. 我没有发明任何东西; 这是一个已经存在了45亿年的生物科技
biotechnology:n.[生物]生物技术;[生物]生物工艺学;
And over time, this mushroom has evolved and adapted to seek out even the tiniest trace of phosphorus, and to put it to use, to make it available to the plant. 而且,随着时间的推移, 这种菌类已经进化到可以 发现最微量的磷并使用它, 让它可以被植物所利用
evolved:v.(使)逐渐形成;进化;进化形成;(evolve的过去分词和过去式) adapted:adj.适于…的; v.使适应,使适合; (adapt的过去分词和过去式) trace:追溯,追踪
What you’re seeing here, in the real world, is a carrot root, and the mushroom with its very fine filaments . 大家现在看到的,在现实世界里,是一根胡萝卜的根, 以及这种菌类的非常细微的丝状物
filaments:n.[植]花丝;细丝(filament的复数);[电子]灯丝;电加热丝;
Looking closer, we can see that this mushroom is very gentle in its penetration . 仔细看的话, 我们可以看到这种菌的 渗透是非常温柔的
penetration:n.渗透;突破;侵入;洞察力;
It will proliferate between the root's cells, eventually penetrating a cell and starting to form a typical arbuscular structure , which will considerably increase the exchange interface between the plant and the mushroom. 它会在根的细胞之间增长, 进而渗透进一个细胞 并开始形成一种典型的丛结构, 从而很大程度上的增加 植物和这种菌的交换界面
proliferate:vi.增殖;扩散;激增;vt.使激增; eventually:adv.最后,终于; penetrating:adj.渗透的;尖锐的;有洞察力的;v.穿透;贯穿(penetrate的ing形式); typical:adj.典型的;特有的;象征性的; structure:n.结构;构造;建筑物;vt.组织;构成;建造; considerably:adv.相当地;非常地; exchange:n.交换;交流;交易所;兑换;v.交换;交易;兑换; interface:n.接口;人机界面;连接电路;v.连接;
And it is through this structure that mutual exchanges will occur . 通过这种结构植物和菌的相互交流产生了
occur:v.发生;出现;存在于;出现在;
It’s a win-win trade: 这是一种双赢的局面:
win-win:adj.双赢的;互利互惠的;
I give you phosphorus, and you feed me. 我给你磷,你养我
True symbiosis. 真正的共生
Now let's add a mycorrhiza plant into the diagram I used earlier. 现在,让我们在之前的图里 加上一株菌根植物
And instead of using a 100 percent dose, I’m going to reduce it to 25 percent. 然后把有100%磷的肥料变成含有25%
You’ll see that of this 25 percent, most will benefit the plant, more than 90 percent. 大家可见这25%的大部分都被植物吸收了, 至少90%的成分
A very small amount of phosphorus will remain in the soil. 只有非常少量的磷会存在于土壤里
That's completely natural. 这是完全自然的(过程)
What's more is that in certain cases, we don't even need to add phosphorus. 更重要的是,在某些情况下,我们甚至不用添加磷
If you recall the graphs I showed you earlier, 85 percent of phosphorus is lost in the soil, and the plants are unable to access it. 如果你还记得我之前展示的图表, 85%的磷被浪费在了土壤里, 而植物无法获取它们
recall:v.记起;回想起;使想到;勾起;召回;n.记忆力;记性;回归请求;回收令;
Even though it is present in the soil, it is in insoluble form. 尽管是在土壤里,但它是处于一种不可溶的状态
insoluble:adj.不能解决的;[化学]不能溶解的;难以解释的;
The plant is only able to seek out soluble forms. 植物只可能寻找可溶物
The mushroom is capable of dissolving this insoluble form and making it available for the plant to use. 这种菌可以把这种不溶物溶解掉 让它可以被植物利用
capable:adj.能干的,能胜任的;有才华的; dissolving:adj.消溶的;毁灭性的;v.使溶解(dissolve的现在分词);
To further support my argument, here is a picture that speaks for itself. 为了进一步证明我的论点, 这里有张图可以说明问题
These are trials in a field of sorghum . 这些是在一片高粱地里的实验
sorghum:n.高粱;[作物]蜀黍;甜得发腻的东西;
On the left side, you see the yield produced using conventional agriculture, with a 100 percent phosphorus dose. 左边,大家可以看到利用传统农业生产的产量 这是利用100%的磷肥(的结果)
conventional:adj.符合习俗的,传统的;常见的;惯例的;
On the other side , the dose was reduced to 50 percent, and just look at the yield. 在另一边,磷肥的使用比重下降到50%, 请看看产量
On the other side:另一面;在另一边;
With only a half-dose, we achieved a better yield. 只用一半的投入,我们得到了更高的产量
This is to show you that this method works. 这就证明这个方法是可行的
And in some cases, in Cuba, Mexico and India, the dose can be reduced to 25 percent, and in several other cases, there's no need to add any phosphorus at all, because the mushrooms are so well adapted to finding phosphorus and drawing it from the soil. 在某些情况下,在古巴、墨西哥和印度 磷肥的投入可以降到25%,在几个其他的例子里 根本不用添加任何的磷 因为这些菌类适应得非常好 可以完全从土壤中找到并吸收磷
This is an example of soy production in Canada. 这是在加拿大的一个大豆生产的例子
Mycorrhiza was used in one field but not in the other. 这种菌被用于其中的一块田里
And here, where blue indicates a better yield, and yellow a weaker yield. 这里,蓝色代表更好的收成,黄色代表稍逊的产量
indicates:v.表明指示,显示;(indicate的第三人称单数)
The black rectangle is the plot from which the mycorrhiza was added. 黑色的长方形里是 添加了菌类的地方
rectangle:n.矩形;长方形; plot:n.情节;阴谋;布局;小块土地;v.密谋;暗中策划;(在地图上)标出;绘制(图表);
In other words, as I already said, I have invented nothing. 换句话说,正像之前说的,我什么都没有发明
Mycorrhiza has existed for 450 million years, and it has even helped modern-day plant species to diversify . 菌类已经存在了45亿年之久, 而且它甚至帮助了现代植物种类变得更多样化
modern-day:adj.当代的;今日的; species:n.[生物]物种;种类; diversify:vt.使多样化,使变化;增加产品种类以扩大;
So, this it isn't something that is still undergoing lab tests. 所以,这不是一些仍在实验室里进行的研究
undergoing:v.经历,经受(变化、不快的事等);(undergo的现在分词)
Mycorrhiza exists, it works, it's produced at an industrial scale and commercialized worldwide . 菌类存在着,它们是有用的, 它以工业化规模在生产着,并且行销全球
industrial:adj.工业的,产业的; n.工业股票; scale:n.规模;比例;鳞;刻度;天平;数值范围;v.衡量;攀登;剥落;生水垢; commercialized:adj.商业化的;v.使商品化;靠…赚钱(commercialize的过去分词); worldwide:adj.全世界的;adv.在世界各地;
The problem is that people are not aware of it. 问题是人们并不知道这一点
People like food producers and farmers are still not aware of this problem. 食品制造商和农民们还没有意识到这个问题
We have a technology that works, and one that, if used correctly, will alleviate some of the pressure we are putting on the world's phosphorus reserves. 我们有一种有效的技术, 如果被正确使用的话,它会帮助缓解 全世界磷储备的压力
alleviate:v.减轻,缓和;
In conclusion , I am a scientist and a dreamer . 总之,我是一个科学家和梦想家
In conclusion:总之;最后; dreamer:n.梦想家;做梦的人;不切实际的人;
I'm passionate about this topic. 我对这个课题充满激情
passionate:adj.热情的;热烈的,激昂的;易怒的;
So if you were to ask me what my retirement dream is, which will be at the moment we reach that phosphorus peak, it would be that we use one label , "Made with mycorrhiza," 如果你问我的退休梦想是什么, 我的梦想是: 当我们达到那个磷的峰值的时候, 那时我们使用一个标签,“用菌根制造,”
retirement:n.退休;退职;退休年龄;退休生活; label:n.标签;标记;谓;唱片公司;v.贴标签于;用标签标明;
and that my children and grandchildren buy products bearing that label too. 而且我的孩子和孙子们 也会购买带有这个标签的产品
bearing:n.关系;影响;姿态;举止v.承受;忍受;承担责任;(bear的现在分词)
Thank you for your attention. 谢谢大家的关注!
(Applause) (掌声)