|
|
Mare.of.Easttown-东城梦魇
|
Mrs. Carroll ? |
卡罗尔太太 |
Carroll:n.卡罗尔(罗马人的姓);
|
Is everything all right? |
出什么事了吗 |
Mrs. Carroll? It's Mare Sheehan. |
卡罗尔太太 我是梅尔.希安 |
Mare:n.母马;母驴;月球表面阴暗部;
|
I'm standing outside your front door. |
我站在你家门口 |
In the fucking freezing cold. |
外面冷死了 |
Mrs. Carroll? |
卡罗尔太太 |
Mare? Mare, you out there? |
梅尔 梅尔 你在外面吗 |
Oh, you're here. |
你到了 |
I'm here. |
我到了 |
I wanted to make sure you knew about this right away so the community's safe in case the pervert is still on the loose . |
我想确保你第一时间知道这事 如果那变态还在逃的话 社区才能保持安全 |
right away:立刻; pervert:v.败坏;误导;误用:n.性变态者: on the loose:散漫;放荡;
|
Well, next time, you just call the station. |
下次 你打给局里就行 |
Do you have the main number? - I don't remember. |
你有总局号码吗 -我不记得了 |
But-- but I trust you, and I don't know who the station will send over. |
但我信任你 我不知道局里会派谁来 |
I understand, but I'm a detective sergeant , which means I investigate the burglaries and the overdoses and all the really bad crap that goes on around here. |
我明白 但我是警司 意味着我调查盗窃和吸毒过量 以及这里发生的所有破事 |
detective:n.侦探;警探;私人侦探;adj.侦查(用)的 sergeant:n.军士;警察小队长;海军陆战队中士;高等律师; investigate:v.调查;研究;审查; burglaries:n.盗窃,夜盗;盗窃行为;v.入室行窃; overdoses:vt.配药过量; n.药量过多(等于overdosage); vi.服药过量; crap:n.废话;废物;屎;拉屎;vi.掷骰子;拉屎;
|
Sounds awful. |
听上去很糟 |
Maybe you should look into a different line of work. |
也许你该考虑换行 |
Here it is, Mrs. Carroll. See this? |
找到了 卡罗尔太太 看到没 |
That's the main station number, all right? |
这是总局号码 |
That's the one you want. |
这才是你要拨打的 |
I'll put it right in the center. |
我贴在正中间 |
So you call them, okay, next time, instead of waking me up. |
下次有事就打给他们 而不要吵醒我 |
So, there's the scene of the crime, as they say in your business. |
那是犯罪现场 你们的术语 |
My granddaughter was upstairs getting undressed to take a shower when she looked out the window and "Ahh!" |
我孙女当时在楼上 准备脱衣洗澡 当她看向窗外 |
undressed:adj.赤裸;一丝不挂;v.(给…)脱衣服;(undress的过去分词和过去式)
|
There he is. He was standing right out there. |
他就在那 他站在那里 |
One of those creepy peeper weirdos . |
那种偷窥狂 |
creepy:adj.令人毛骨悚然的;爬行的; peeper:n.偷窥者;眼睛;嘀咕的人; weirdos:古怪的人;奇怪的人(weirdo的复数);
|
Did your granddaughter say anything about him or... |
你孙女有说他长什么样吗 |
He was wearing a hooded sweatshirt so it was hard to get much of his face, but from what she could see, he looked like a ferret . |
他穿着连帽卫衣 所以很难看清他的脸 但从她能看到的来说 他看上去像雪貂 |
hooded:adj.有罩盖的,戴头巾的; sweatshirt:n.运动衫;T-恤衫; ferret:vt.搜出,查获;驱出;用雪貂猎取;vi.搜索,侦破;n.雪貂;白鼬;侦探;
|
A ferret? - That's what she said. |
雪貂 -她是这么说的 |
Is that a security camera up there? |
那上面是监控摄像头吗 |
Oh, yes. We bought that at Best Buy three months ago, but Mr. Procrastinator hasn't figured out how to use it yet. Big surprise. |
是的 我们三个月前在百思买买的 但拖延症先生还没弄明白 怎么用 惊喜吧 |
Procrastinator:n.拖延者,拖拉者;因循者;
|
And where is your granddaughter now? |
你孙女现在在哪 |
Oh, she was scared to death, so she hightailed it back to Allentown . |
她吓坏了 所以她急忙赶回了阿伦敦 |
hightailed:vi.迅速逃走; Allentown:n.艾伦镇(美国宾夕法尼亚州);
|
She didn't wanna stay around here with a ferret on the loose. |
她不想在一只 雪貂 在逃的情况下待在这儿 |
All right. Well, uh, |
好吧 那么 |
I'll file a report and, uh, make sure patrol's aware. |
我会提交一份报告 确保巡逻队知情 |
I'm half tempted to leave as well, but then I'd have to go to my sister's place in Ridley , and she has cats. |
我本来也想走的 但我只能去找我在雷德利的妹妹 而她养了猫 |
tempted:adj.想做…的; v.引诱; (tempt的过去分词和过去式) Ridley:n.鳞龟属动物(产于墨西哥湾,等于Lepidochelys);
|
Oh, I hate cats. |
我讨厌猫 |
No, I get that, Mrs. Carroll. - They are disgusting animals. |
我懂 卡罗尔太太 -恶心的动物 |
disgusting:adj.令人不快的;令人厌恶的;v.使作呕;使厌恶;使反感;(disgust的现在分词)
|
You know, they're all bones. - Good morning, Mare. |
它们只有骨头 -早 梅尔 |