返回首页

MarcoTempest_2012G-_与众不同的网络扑克魔术师_

Good morning. So magic is an excellent way for staying ahead of the reality curve , to make possible today what science will make a reality tomorrow. 早上好。早上好。魔术是一种极好的方式 用来超前于现实, 在今天实现 在明天科学将使之成为现实的东西。
curve:n.曲线;弯曲;曲面;弧线;v.(使)沿曲线移动;呈曲线形;
As a cyber-magician, I combine elements of illusion and science to give us a feel of how future technologies might be experienced. 作为一个数字魔术师,我将结合幻觉 与科学来让大家感受未来科技 可能带来的体验。
elements:n.要素;基本部分;少量;一群;(element的复数) illusion:n.幻觉,错觉;错误的观念或信仰; technologies:n.技术;科技(technology的复数);
You've probably all heard of Google's Project Glass. 你们大概都已经听说过谷歌的眼镜计划。
It's new technology . You look through them and the world you see is augmented with data: names of places, monuments , buildings, maybe one day even the names of the strangers that pass you on the street. 这是一种新技术。透过这种眼镜 你看见的世界是带着数据的: 地点、纪念碑、建筑物的名字, 也许有一天甚至包括在街上从你身边路过的陌生人的名字。
technology:n.技术;工艺;术语; look through:浏览,温习;看穿,识破;从…中显露; augmented:adj.增广的;增音的;扩张的; monuments:n.遗迹;纪念物;不朽的功业;有永久价值的作品(monument的复数形式);
So these are my illusion glasses. 而这就是我的幻觉眼镜。
They're a little bigger. They're a prototype . 它比较大一点,是一个原型机。
prototype:n.原型;雏形;最初形态;
And when you look through them, you get a glimpse into the mind of the cyber-illusionist. 而当你透过它来看,你将得以一窥 数字魔术师的大脑。
glimpse:v.瞥见;[诗]闪现;n.领悟;概况;见识;一睹;
Let me show you what I mean. 我来给你们展示我所说的意思。
All we need is a playing card . Any card will do. 我们所需要的只是一副扑克牌。任何牌都可以
playing card:n.纸牌;扑克牌;
Like this. And let me mark it so we can recognize it when we see it again. 就像这样。我在这上面作个记号以便我们能够 在下次看见它的时候认出来。
recognize:v.认识;认出;辨别出;承认;意识到;
All right. Very significant mark. 好了,非常重要的记号。
significant:adj.重大的;有效的;有意义的;值得注意的;意味深长的;n.象征;有意义的事物;
And let's put it back into the deck , somewhere in the middle, and let's get started. 然后再把它放回牌堆里, 放在中间的某处,让我们开始吧。
deck:n.甲板;舱面;层面;一副(为52张);v.装饰;打扮;布置;用力击倒;
(Music) (音乐声)
Voice: System ready. Acquiring image. 女声:系统准备就绪。正在获取图像。
Acquiring:n.捕获,探测;习得;瞄准;v.获得;(acquire的现在分词);
Marco Tempest : For those of you who don't play cards, a deck of cards is made up of four different suits: hearts, clubs, diamonds and spades . Macro Tempest:我来为不玩牌的人作个介绍, 一副牌由四种不同的组合组成: 红心,梅花, 方片和黑桃。
Tempest:n.暴风雨;骚动;动乱;vt.使狂怒;扰乱,使激动;vi.小题大作;起大风暴; made up of:由…组成,由…构成; spades:v.用铲挖(spade的三单形式);n.锹;铲;(纸牌中的)黑桃;(spade的复数)
The cards are amongst the oldest of symbols , and have been interpreted in many different ways. 扑克牌是最古老的符号之一, 并被以许多不同方式解读。
amongst:prep.在…之中;在…当中(等于among); symbols:n.符号;象征;标志;符号表(symbol的复数); interpreted:v.诠释;说明;把…理解为;领会;口译;(interpret的过去式和过去分词)
Now, some say that the four suits represent the four seasons. 如今,有人说这四种组合 代表四个季节。
represent:v.代表;表现;描绘;回忆;再赠送;
There's spring, summer, autumn and a?? 春天,夏天, 秋天和
Voice: My favorite season is winter.MT: Well yeah, mine too. 女声:我最喜欢的季节是冬天。MT:嗯对,我也一样。
Winter is like magic. It's a time of change, when warmth turns to cold, water turns to snow, and then it all disappears . 冬天就像魔术。这是一个变化的时节, 温暖变成寒冷,水变成雪, 然后它们全部都消失无踪。
disappears:v.消失;不见;消亡;失踪;丢失;(disappear的第三人称单数)
There are 13 cards in each suit. (Music) 每一个组合里有13张牌。(音乐)
Voice: Each card represents a phase of the 13 lunar cycles. 女声:每张牌代表了13个月亮周期中的一个相。
represents:v.代表;维护…的利益;相当于;(represent的第三人称单数) phase:n.阶段;时期;月相;(月亮的)盈亏;v.分阶段进行;逐步做; lunar:adj.月亮的,月球的;阴历的;银的;微亮的;
MT: So over here is low tide, and over here is high tide , and in the middle is the moon. MT:这边是低潮期, 这边是高潮期, 而正中间则是月亮。
high tide:n.满潮;
Voice: The moon is one of the most potent symbols of magic. 女声:月亮是魔术的最有力象征之一。
potent:adj.有效的;强有力的,有权势的;有说服力的;
MT: There are two colors in a deck of cards. MT:每一副牌里有2种颜色。
There is the color red and the color black, representing the constant change from day to night. 红色 和黑色, 代表持续不断的变化 从白天到黑夜。
representing:v.代表;维护…的利益;等于;相当于;(represent的现在分词)
Voice: Marco, I did not know you could do that. (Laughter) 女声:Marco,我并不知道你能这么做。(笑声)
MT: And is it a coincidence that there are 52 cards in a deck of cards, just as there are 52 weeks in a year? MT:而一副牌中有52张牌, 正如一年中有52个星期,这是否是个巧合呢?
coincidence:n.巧合,巧事;同时存在;并存;相同;
(Music) (音乐)
Voice: If you total all the spots on a deck of cards, the result is 365. 女声:如果你把一副牌中所有的点数加起来, 其结果是365。
MT: Oh, 365, the number of days in a year, the number of days between each birthday. MT:噢,365,一年中日子的总数, 每两次生日 相隔的日子的总数。
Make a wish. (Blowing noise) 许个愿。(吹气声)
Voice: Don't tell, or it won't come true. 女声:不要说出来,否则它将无法成真。
MT: Well, as a matter of fact , it was on my sixth birthday that I received my first deck of cards, and ever since that day, I have traveled around the world performing magic for boys and girls, men and women, husbands and wives, even kings and queens. (Applause) MT:嗯,事实上,我是在我六岁生日那天 收到我第一副扑克牌, 而从那天开始,我走遍世界 为男孩和女孩表演魔术, 还有男人和女人,丈夫和妻子, 甚至国王和皇后。(掌声)
as a matter of fact:事实上; performing:adj.表演的;演奏的;v.做;执行;演出;运转(perform的现在分词)
Voice: And who are these?MT: Ah, mischief-makers . Watch. 女声:那这些人是谁?MT:啊,捣蛋鬼。看着。
mischief-makers:n.挑拨离间的人;
Wake up. 醒来吧。
Joker: Whoa.MT: Are you ready for your party piece ? 小丑:呵!MT:准备好表演你的拿手好戏了吗?
party piece:n.(聚会上的某项)娱乐活动;
Joker: Ready!MT: Let me see what you've got. 小丑:好了!MT:让我看看你的本事。
Joker: Presenting my pogo stick .MT: Ah. Watch out. 小丑:看我的弹簧单高跷!MT:啊!小心!
pogo stick:n.蹦蹦跷;弹簧单高跷;
Joker: Whoa, whoa, whoa, oh! (Music) 小丑:呵,呵,呵,噢!(音乐)
MT: But today, I am performing for a different kind of audience. MT:但是今天,我在为一类不同以往的观众表演。
I'm performing for you. 我在为你们表演。
Voice: Signed card detected .MT: Well, sometimes people ask me how do you become a magician? Is it a 9-to-5 job? 女声:发现标记卡片。MT:嗯,有时候人们问我 你是如何成为一个魔术师的?这是一份9点做到5点的工作吗?
detected:v.发现;查明;侦察出;(detect的过去分词和过去式)
Of course not! You've got to practice 24/7. 当然不是!你需要24/7地练习。
I don't literally mean 24 hours, seven days a week. 我不是真的指24小时,一周七天。
literally:adv.按字面:字面上:确实地:
24/7 is a little bit of an exaggeration , but it does take practice. Now, some people will say, well, magic, that must be the work of some evil supernatural force. (Laughter) (Applause) 24/7有一点夸张, 但这确实需要大量练习。如今,有的人会说, 嗯,魔术,那肯定是一些鬼怪的作为 超自然力量。(笑声)(掌声)
exaggeration:n.夸张;夸大之词;夸张的手法; evil:adj.邪恶的;不幸的;有害的;讨厌的;n.罪恶,邪恶;不幸; supernatural:adj.超自然的;神奇的,不可思议的;n.超自然现象;不可思议的事;
(Music) (音乐)
Whoa. 呵。
Well, to this, I just say, no no. 嗯,对这些说法,我只是回答,不不。
Actually, in German, it's nein nein. (Laughter) 实际上,在德语里,是“nein nein (不不)。(笑声)
Magic isn't that intense . I have to warn you, though, if you ever play with someone who deals cards like this, don't play for money. 魔术不是那么紧张的东西。虽然我必须提醒你们, 如果你和某个能如此玩牌的人打牌, 千万不要赌钱。
intense:adj.强烈的;紧张的;非常的;热情的;
(Music) (音乐)
Voice: Why not? That's a very good hand. 女声:为什么不呢?这可是一手非常好的牌。
The odds of getting it are 4,165 to one. 得到这样的机率是4165分之一。
odds:n.几率;胜算;不平等;差别;
MT: Yeah, but I guess my hand is better. We beat the odds. MT:对,但我想我的牌更好。我们战胜了机率!
Voice: I think you got your birthday wish.MT: And that actually leaves me with the last, and most important card of all: the one with this very significant mark on it. 女声:我想你的生日愿望实现了。MT:而那样正好给我留下了最后一张 也是所有牌中最重要的一张: 这张有着非常重要的标记的牌。
And unlike anything else we've just seen, virtual or not.Voice: Signed card detected. 而不像我们刚刚见到的一切, 不论虚拟或现实的。女声:发现标记卡片。
virtual:adj.[计]虚拟的;实质上的,事实上的(但未在名义上或正式获承认);
Digital MT: This is without a question the real thing. 数字MT:这毫无疑问是真实的东西。
Digital:adj.数字的;手指的;n.数字;键;
MT: Bye bye. (Music) MT:拜拜。(音乐)
Thank you. (Applause) 谢谢大家。(掌声)
(Applause) (掌声)
Thank you very much. (Applause) 非常感谢各位!(掌声)
(Applause) (掌声)