|
|
Manifest-命运航班
|
No one can explain what happened to us on April 7, 2013. |
没人能解释2013年4月7日我们发生了什么 |
Some people called it impossible. |
有些人认为不可能 |
Others called it a miracle . |
有些人则认为是奇迹 |
miracle:n.奇迹,奇迹般的人或物;惊人的事例;
|
All I know is...it was the day my life changed forever. |
我只知道 那一天彻底改变了我的人生 |
If you'd seen us that afternoon, you probably would have thought we looked like a typical American family returning home from vacation. |
如果你在那天下午见到我们 也许会认为我们是典型的 一户美国家庭 刚结束旅行准备回家 |
typical:adj.典型的;特有的;象征性的;
|
My brother, Ben, and his wife, Grace , still in love after 15 years. |
我哥哥本和他妻子格蕾丝 结婚十五年依然相爱如初 |
Grace:n.优雅;恩惠;魅力;慈悲;v.使优美;
|
Their twins, Olive and Cal, always bickering like an old married couple. |
他们的龙凤胎宝贝 奥莉芙和卡尔 像老夫老妻一样争吵不休 |
Olive:n.橄榄;橄榄树;橄榄色;adj.橄榄的;橄榄色的; bickering:v.(为小事)斗嘴,争吵;(bicker的现在分词)
|
And the real old married couple -- my parents. |
而真正的老夫老妻 我的父母 |
Still in perfect health, still trying to run my life. |
依然很健康 并努力插手我的生活 |
It's not just about you. |
这不仅仅是关于你 |
This family needs something to celebrate. |
我们大伙儿需要一个由头庆祝一下 |
Okay, that's a pretty backwards reason for a wedding, but... |
这个结婚的理由太本末倒置了吧 但是 |
How's this for a reason? |
那这个理由如何 |
Jared loves you. |
杰瑞德爱你 |
And I know you love him. |
我知道你也爱他 |
Typical, right? |
很典型 是吧 |
But what you couldn't see is that Cal's leukemia wasn't responding to treatment ... |
但你看不到的是 卡尔的白血病治疗并不起作用 |
leukemia:n.[内科][肿瘤]白血病; responding:v.响应;作出反应;反应灵敏;(respond的现在分词) treatment:n.治疗;疗法;对待;处理;讨论;
|
or that Ben and Grace were desperately struggling to find a cure... |
或是本和格蕾丝 绞尽脑汁想找到治疗方法 |
desperately:adv.拼命地;绝望地;不顾一切地;极度地;
|
or that I still had nightmares about the car accident. |
或是我依旧会做关于车祸的噩梦 |
nightmares:n.噩梦;梦魇;极其糟糕的情况;(nightmare的复数)
|
Michaela Beth, even people that have made mistakes deserve happiness. |
米凯拉.贝丝 犯过错的人 也可以幸福 |
deserve:vi.应受,应得;
|
You know my favorite verse - |
你知道我最爱的经文是 |
verse:n.诗,诗篇;韵文;诗节;vi.作诗;vt.使熟练,使精通;
|
I don't believe that anymore, Mom. How can I? |
我不再相信了 妈 我怎么能再信呢 |
Which is why, when I got the chance to stay away from home for even a few more hours, I jumped at it. |
所以当我有机会能够与他们分开 哪怕几小时 我也马上抓住了机会 |
All passengers for Flight 537 to New York, John F. Kennedy Airport , your attention, please. This flight is oversold . |
前往纽约肯尼迪机场的旅客请注意 您乘坐的537航班已超售 |
Airport:n.机场;航空港; oversold:v.向…销售过多;
|
We are offering travel vouchers in the amount of $400 for anyone willing to take a later flight. |
我们现在提供四百美元的旅行代金券 给愿意乘坐下一趟航班的旅客 |
vouchers:n.付款凭单;[法]证明人;抵用券(voucher的复数);
|
Yes. That's me. |
太好了 我晚点走 |
No. - It's $400 per person. |
别去 -那可是每人四百呢 |
That's our next trip down to the Mayo Clinic . |
下次去梅奥诊所的钱就出来了 |
Clinic:n.诊所;临床实习;(医院的)门诊部;门诊时间;
|
I'll stay with Dad. |
我要跟爸爸一起 |
There you go. Man time. |
这才对嘛 父子时光 |
All right. - All right. |
好 -一会儿见 |
So Grace and Olive and my folks took the first flight home while Ben and Cal and I waited for Flight 828. |
因此格蕾丝和奥莉芙还有我父母坐了第一趟航班 而本 卡尔和我则坐上了828航班 |
Funny how one little decision can ruin your life. |
一个小小的决定竟会毁了你的一生 |
ruin:n.废墟;毁坏;灭亡;v.毁灭;使破产;
|
But also save it. |
但同时也拯救了自己 |
Peanuts ? You're welcome. |
要花生吗 不客气 |
Peanuts:花生(peanut的复数)
|
Ma'am, would you like peanuts? |
女士 您要花生米吗 |
Do you have anything sodium-free? |
你有什么不含盐的零食吗 |
Peanuts? |
要花生吗 |
Mom's not wrong. Jared's not gonna wait around forever. |
妈说得没错 杰瑞德不会一直等你 |
wait around:呆呆地等;空等;
|
Great marriage pep talk . Thank you. |
你这结婚动员做得不错啊 谢了 |
pep talk:n.打气的话;激励人心的话;
|
Why are you fighting this when all it's gonna do is make you happy? |
你为什么这么抗拒 这一切不都是为了让你幸福吗 |
It's all we want for you. |
我们也都希望你幸福 |
That was really sweet of you. You must be drunk. |
你可真是好心 你肯定醉了 |