|
|
KennethKostel_Hatchetfish_2020E-_你能够在阴阳魔界生存下来吗?_-
|
You're traveling deep beneath the ocean's surface, where faint lights flicker and toothy grins flash . |
你正遨游于海洋的深处, 那里摇曳着微弱的光线, 露齿的奸笑不时闪过眼前。 |
You are now entering... the Twilight Zone. |
你现在进到了海洋的 「阴阳魔界」──中水层。 |
Your mission is to survive these depths and journey to the surface after sundown to feed. |
你的任务是在这个深度生存, 并在日落之后游到表面觅食。 |
You may now pick your player. |
现在,你可以选择玩家角色。 |
beneath:prep.在…之下;adv.在下方; faint:n.昏厥;v.昏厥;adj.昏眩;(光,声,味)微弱的;微小的;可能性不大的; flicker:vi.闪烁; vt.使闪烁; n.闪烁; toothy:adj.露出牙齿的;有凸牙的; grins:v.露齿而笑;咧着嘴笑;龇着牙笑; flash:n.闪光; v.闪光; adj.庞大的; Twilight:n.黎明,黄昏;薄暮;衰退期;朦胧状态;adj.昏暗的,微明的;暮年的; mission:n.使命,任务;代表团;布道;v.派遣;向…传教; journey:n.旅行;行程;vi.旅行; sundown:n.日落;阔缘的女帽;vi.产生夜间幻觉;
|
You’re a hatchetfish. |
你是一只星光鱼。 |
And almost everything else is trying to eat you. |
而几乎所有的生物都想吃掉你。 |
The tools at your disposal are a uniquely shaped body, shiny scales , and glowing spots on your belly . |
你用来对治的工具是形状独特的身体、 闪亮的鱼鳞,以及你肚子上 发亮的斑纹。 |
You’re going to need a lot of skill and a little luck. |
你会需要很多技巧和一点运气。 |
Your first challenge is to begin your upwards trek . |
你的第一个挑战是开始往上跋涉。 |
Your swim bladder allows you to precisely control your buoyancy . |
你的浮鳔让你得以精准地控制沉浮。 |
disposal:n.处理;清除;去掉;(企业、财产等的)变卖; uniquely:adv.独特地;珍奇地; shiny:adj.闪亮的;光亮的;反光的;有光泽的; scales:n.规模范围; v.攀登; (scale的第三人称单数和复数) glowing:adj.灼热的;热情洋溢的;鲜艳的;v.发光;容光焕发;发热;(glow的现在分词) belly:n.腹部;胃;食欲;v.涨满;鼓起; upwards:adv.向上;在上部;向上游; trek:v.长途跋涉;远足,徒步旅行;n.长途跋涉(尤指在山区); bladder:n.膀胱;皮囊,气囊(如球胆); buoyancy:n.浮力;轻快;轻松的心情;(股票)保持高价或回升;
|
Come nightfall , you slowly fill it up, becoming less dense and rising towards the surface. |
夜晚来临,你慢慢给浮鳔充气, 使你的身体比重变小、往水面上升。 |
You can’t swim fast, but your narrow build makes you maneuverable . |
你游不快,但是狭窄的体型 使你更加灵活。 |
This is especially important since predators could spring out of the darkness at any moment. |
这点尤其重要, 因为掠食者随时会在黑暗中 突然出现。 |
In fact, a fangtooth is gliding beneath you. |
事实上,有只狼牙鱼正在你底下掠过。 |
nightfall:n.黄昏;傍晚;日暮; dense:adj.稠密的;浓厚的;愚钝的; narrow:adj.狭窄的; v.使窄小; n.峡谷; (场所,物品等的)狭窄部分; maneuverable:adj.有机动性的;容易操作的;可调动的; especially:adv.尤其;特别;格外;十分; predators:n.捕食性动物;实行弱肉强食的人(或机构);掠夺者;(predator的复数) gliding:adj.滑行的;流畅的;滑顺的;v.滑翔;消逝;溜走;(glide的现在分词形式)
|
It has the ocean’s biggest tooth-to-body size ratio . |
这种鱼有海洋动物中 占身体比例最大的牙齿。 |
Food is hard to come by in the Twilight Zone, so predators have fearsome adaptations to make every attack count. |
在中水层里,食物很难取得, 所以掠食者演化出吓人的特征, 让每一次出击都不白费。 |
The fangtooth’s skin is ultra-black: it reflects less than 0.5% of the light that hits it, making this fish particularly hard to spot. |
狼牙鱼皮很黑, 颜色深到受光照时, 只反射不到 0.5% 的光, 让这种鱼特别难被看到。 |
ratio:n.比率;比例;v.用比例方式表达;求出…的比值;使…成比例; fearsome:adj.可怕的;害怕的;极大的; adaptations:n.适应;改编(adaptation的复数); reflects:v.反映;映出(影像);反射;表明,表达;(reflect的第三人称单数) particularly:adv.特别地,独特地;详细地,具体地;明确地,细致地;
|
Fortunately , the bioluminescent organs lining your belly are regulated to match the intensity and pattern of the faint light from the ocean’s surface. |
幸好,你可以调节肚子上 会发出生物光的器官, 以模拟来自海洋表层 微弱光线的强度与规律。 |
This counter-illumination disguises your silhouette . |
这种消光机制可以隐藏你的轮廓。 |
So when the fangtooth gazes upwards, you’re almost invisible . |
所以当狼牙鱼往上注视, 你几乎是隐形的。 |
A bright spot appears in the distance . |
远处出现一个亮点。 |
You go to check it out, but something’s looming in the darkness. |
你上前查看,但有东西 自黑暗逐渐逼近。[01:54] |
Fortunately:adv.幸运地; bioluminescent:adj.生物性发光的; organs:n.[生物]器官;机构;风琴(organ的复数); regulated:v.约束,控制,管理;(regulate的过去式和过去分词) intensity:n.强度;强烈;[电子]亮度;紧张; disguises:v.假扮; n.伪装物; silhouette:n.轮廓,剪影;v.使…照出影子来;使…仅仅显出轮廓; gazes:n.嘎斯(俄罗斯汽车品牌名称); invisible:adj.看不见的;n.看不见的人或物; in the distance:在远处; looming:v.人惊恐地隐现;显得突出;逼近(loom的现在分词)
|
The light is a bioluminescent lure belonging to an anglerfish . |
这道光是鮟鱇鱼会发光的诱饵。 |
You dart away before it quickly opens its jaws, sucking in a hapless fish that got too close. |
你在他迅速张开大嘴前就迅速远离, 有只鱼游得太近,不幸被大口吞下。 |
Another narrow escape, but you’re nearly there. |
又一次死里逃生,但是你就快到了。 |
Although more than 90% of deep-sea creatures are bioluminescent, only one group produces the color red: dragonfishes. |
虽然超过 90% 的深海生物会发光, 但只有其中一种可以发出 红色的光,即是巨口鱼。 |
lure:n.诱惑;饵;诱惑物;v诱惑;引诱; anglerfish:n.华脐鱼;[鱼]琵琶鱼; dart:vt.投掷,投射; vi.向前冲,飞奔; n.飞镖,标枪; sucking:adj.吮吸的;没有断奶的;v.吮吸;吸;咂;抽取;(suck的现在分词) hapless:adj.运气不好的,倒霉的; deep-sea:adj.深海的; creatures:n.生物;动物;(具有某种特征的)人(creature的复数)
|
One of them is near. |
不远处就有一只。 |
Because red light is quickly absorbed by seawater , most deep-sea inhabitants can’t see it. |
因为红光很快就会被海水吸收, 许多栖息深海的动物看不见红光。 |
The dragonfish emits red light from organs by its eyes, using an invisible headlight to locate unsuspecting prey that its scoops into its cavernous jaw. |
巨口鱼从眼睛周边的器官发出红光, 使用这道隐形的头灯寻找 毫无防备的猎物, 并将其一口吞入宽大的虎口里。 |
absorbed:adj.被…吸引住; v.吸收(液体、气体等); (absorb的过去分词和过去式) seawater:n.海水; inhabitants:n.居民(inhabitant的复数); dragonfish:n.深海龙鱼;海蛾鱼; emits:发出;放射;发行(emit的动词单数第三人称形式); headlight:n.汽车等的前灯;船上的桅灯;矿工和医生用的帽灯; locate:v.确定…的准确地点;把…安置在(或建造于);创办于(某地); unsuspecting:adj.不怀疑的;未猜想到…的; prey:n.猎物;受害者;受骗者;v.折磨;掠夺;捕食(on,upon);损害(on,upon); cavernous:adj.似巨穴的;洞穴状的;凹状的;瓮声的;
|
You can’t see your enemy, but your silvery , mirror-like scales scatter and soften direct light, keeping you hidden. |
你看不见你的敌人, 但是你银亮如镜的鱼鳞 分散减弱直射的光线, 把你藏的很好。 |
After three close calls, you reach... the Photic Zone. |
三次侥幸脱险后,你抵达了透光层。 |
You’ve just participated in the world’s largest migration . |
你刚才就参与了世界上 最盛大的洄游现象。 |
It takes place every night as trillions of organisms rise from the ocean’s depths to enjoy the surface’s rich resources under the cover of darkness. |
这现象每晚都会发生, 几兆的生物从海洋深处涌升, 在黑暗的掩护之下 享受表层的丰富资源。 |
silvery:adj.银色的;清脆的;银铃一般的;似银的; mirror-like:镜样的; scatter:v.分散;驱散;散开;撒播;n.散落;三三两两; soften:vt.使温和;使缓和;使变柔软;vi.减轻;变柔和;变柔软; Photic:adj.光的;透光的;感光的;[生物]发光的; participated:v.参加;参与;(participate的过去式和过去分词) migration:n.迁移;迁徙;转移;移居; trillions:n.[数]万亿;adj.万亿的;num.[数]万亿; organisms:n.[生物]生物体(organism的复数);[生物]有机体; resources:n.[计][环境]资源; v.向…提供资金(resource的第三人称单数); under the cover of:躲在…之下;在…掩护下;
|
The payoff is huge. |
旅程的回报十分丰厚。 |
Here, your light-sensitive eyes take in a buffet of small crustaceans and gelatinous zooplankton . |
这里,你那双对光敏感的眼睛 看到的是充满小型浮游生物 和胶状浮游生物的大餐。 |
During the day, phytoplankton use sunlight to turn dissolved carbon dioxide into energy and build their own cells. |
浮游植物在白天期间利用阳光 将溶解的二氧化碳转变为能量, 并用来建造自己体内的细胞。 |
payoff:n.报酬;结果;发工资;结算;adj.支付的;决定性的;产生结果的; light-sensitive:adj.光敏的; buffet:n.自助餐; vt.对…打来打去; adj.快餐式的 crustaceans:n.甲壳类;甲壳纲动物(crustacean的复数); gelatinous:adj.凝胶状的,胶状的; zooplankton:n.浮游动物; phytoplankton:n.[植]浮游植物(群落); sunlight:n.日光; dissolved:v.溶;使(固体)溶解;解除;终止;(dissolve的过去式和过去分词) carbon dioxide:二氧化碳;
|
They become food for small grazers , forming the base of the food web, which extends back down to the Twilight Zone— and beyond. |
它们成为小型刮食动物的食物来源, 形成食物网的底层, 食物网随着深度延伸至 中水层,甚至更远。 |
Organic matter generated up here— like bits of skin, poop , and dead animals— eventually sinks or is transported in the stomachs of animals returning from their nightly migrations . |
有机物质在这里产生, 像是皮屑、排泄物、尸体的碎屑, 这些物质最终会下沉, 或是在动物从每晚的回游 回来之后,被吃下肚。 |
grazers:n.吃草的动物,食草动物; extends:v.使伸长;扩大;扩展;延长;使延期;(extend的第三人称单数) Organic:adj.有机的;不使用化肥的;绿色的;有机物的;n.分子有机体; generated:v.产生;引起;(generate的过去式和过去分词) poop:n.船尾;傻子;内幕消息;v.使精疲力尽;使船尾受击; eventually:adv.最后,终于; transported:v.(用交通工具)运输,运送,输送;(transport的过去分词和过去式) nightly:adj.夜间的;每夜的;adv.每夜; migrations:[动][地质]迁移;
|
These materials then feed the creatures below that don't migrate . |
这些材料接着喂养底下 不会回游的生物。 |
This ensures that some of the carbon from the atmosphere is locked away in the ocean for hundreds of years to come. |
这些确保大气层中部份的碳 被锁在海洋中数百年。 |
That's why this process is known as the biological carbon pump . |
这就是为何这过程被称作生物碳幫浦。 |
migrate:vi.移动;随季节而移居;移往;vt.使移居;使移植; ensures:v.保证,确定(原形为ensure); atmosphere:n.大气;气氛;气压;风格; process:v.处理;加工;列队行进;n.过程,进行;方法,adj.经过特殊加工(或处理)的; biological:adj.生物学的;生物的;与生命过程有关的;加酶的;n.[药]生物制品; pump:n.抽水机;泵;打气筒;v.用泵输送;涌出;奔流;快速摇动;
|
Without it, there’d be much more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, where it contributes to climate change. |
如果没有生物碳幫浦, 大气层会存在非常多二氧化碳, 并造成气候变迁。 |
Your avatar , the hatchetfish, is part of this crucial process. |
你的角色,星光鱼,也是 这关键过程的一份子。 |
Your first quest is complete, but you must repeat this journey every night for the rest of your life. |
你已完成第一项任务, 但你必须在「鱼生」中的每晚 都进行这趟旅程。 |
contributes:[图情]投稿;[经]捐助;[经]捐献(contribute的第三人称单数); avatar:n.电影《阿凡达》; crucial:adj.重要的;决定性的;定局的;决断的; quest:n.追求;寻找;vi.追求;寻找;vt.探索;
|
As the sun rises, the surface becomes dangerous, and you descend back into the shadows of the Twilight Zone. |
太阳升起,表层变得危险, 而你回归没入中水层的阴影之中。 |
descend:vi.下降;下去;下来;遗传;屈尊;vt.下去;沿…向下;
|