返回首页

KeithBarry_2004-_大脑魔术表演_

Brain magic. What's brain magic all about? 大脑魔术. 什么是大脑魔术?
Brain magic to me indicates that area of magic dealing with psychological and mind reading effects. 对我来说,大脑魔术是 关于心理学和读心术的一个魔术领域.
indicates:v.表明指示,显示;(indicate的第三人称单数) psychological:adj.心理的;心理学的;精神上的;
So unlike traditional magic, it uses the power of words, linguistic deception , non-verbal communication and various other techniques to create the illusion of a sixth sense . 不同于传统魔术,它是用语言的力量, 语言欺骗, 非语言交流 和多种技术来创造出一种第六感的错觉.
traditional:传统的,惯例的, linguistic:adj.语言的;语言学的; deception:n.欺骗;蒙骗;诡计;骗术;骗局; non-verbal:adj.非语言的;非用言语的; techniques:n.技巧;技艺;工艺;技术;(technique的复数) illusion:n.幻觉,错觉;错误的观念或信仰; sixth sense:n.第六感觉;直觉;
Now, I'm going to show you all how easy it is to manipulate the human mind once you know how. 现在,我来告诉你们,一旦知道方法后 控制人类的心灵有多简单.
manipulate:vt.操纵;操作;巧妙地处理;篡改;
And I want everybody downstairs also to join in with me and everybody here. 台下所有的观众都加入我,跟我来.
downstairs:adv.在楼下;往楼下;adj.楼下的;n.楼下(尤指地面的一层);
I want everybody to put out your hands like this for me, first of all . 首先,我希望所有人都把你们的手抬起来.
first of all:adv.首先;
OK, clap them together, once. 好,一起拍一下.
clap:n.鼓掌;拍手;掌声;拍手声;v.拍手(表示赞许或欣赏);击掌;
OK, reverse your hands. 把手反过来.
reverse:n.反面; v.颠倒; adj.相反的;
Now follow my actions exactly. 完全的跟着我来做动作.
Now about half the audience has their left hand up. Why is that? 大概一半的观众举起的是左手.为什么呢?
OK, swap them around, put your right hand up. 很好,交叉双手,右手这样抬过来.
swap:n.交换;交换之物;vt.与...交换;以...作交换;vi.交换;交易;
OK, now, cross your hands over, so your right hand goes over, interlace your fingers like this, then make sure your right thumb is outside your left thumb -- that's very important. 好,现在,交叉你的双手,这样你的右手的手指 就可以像这样交叉, 这时,要确保你的右手拇指放在左手拇指外面. 这非常重要.
interlace:vt.使交错;使交织;vi.交织;交错; thumb:v.翻阅;以拇指拨弄;作搭车手势;笨拙地摆弄;n.拇指;
Yours is the other way around, so swap it around. 你的放错边了, 换回来.
Excellent, OK. Extend your fingers like this for me. 太棒了, 好. 像我一样去伸展你们的手指.
Extend:vt.延伸; vi.延伸;
All right. Tap them together once. 很好. 轻轻碰一次.
OK, now, if you did not allow me to deceive your minds, you would all be able to do this. 好了, 现在, 如果你不允许我欺骗你的头脑, 你就能这样做.
deceive:v.欺骗;蒙骗;诓骗;欺骗(自己);
(Laughter) (笑声)
So, now you can see how easy it is for me to manipulate the human mind, once you know how. 那么,现在你可以看来对我来说 一旦你了解, 控制人们的想法是多么简单.
(Laughter) (笑声)
Now, I remember when I was about 15, 现在,我记的大概15岁的时候
I read a copy of Life magazine, which detailed a story about a 75-year-old blind Russian woman who could sense printed letters -- there's still people trying to do it here -- 我读过一本生活杂志, 里面有个故事是一个75岁的又老又瞎的俄国老太太, 可以感觉的到印刷字体 -- 现在仍有人还在试这个--
(Laughter) (笑声)
- who could sense printed letters and even sense colors, just by touch. - 这个老太太可以通过触摸来感觉出印刷字体,甚至颜色.
And she was completely blind. 但她已经完全瞎了.
She could also read the serial numbers on bills when they were placed, face down, on a hard surface. 她还可以在背对着的 很硬的表面上用手指读出帐单上的序列号
serial:adj.顺序排列的; n.电视连续剧;
Now, I was fascinated, but at the same time , skeptical . 我当时着了迷了,但同时也怀疑.
at the same time:同时;另一方面;与此同时; skeptical:adj.怀疑的;怀疑论的,不可知论的;
How could somebody read using their fingertips ? 怎么可能会有人能用指尖阅读呢?
fingertips:n.指尖;(fingertip的复数)
You know, if you actually think about it, if somebody is totally blind - a guy yesterday did a demonstration in one of the rooms where people had to close their eyes, and they could just hear things. 你看,如果你认真去思考, 如果这个人已经完全瞎了 - 某人昨天做了一个演示, 在一个大家都闭上眼的房间里,他们只能听到声音.
demonstration:n.示范;演示;论证;证明;
And it's just a really weird thing to try and figure out, how could somebody read using their fingertips? 去尝试和理解这种十分诡异的东西. 怎么可能会有人能用指尖阅读呢?
weird:adj.奇怪的;奇异的;离奇的;n.命运;宿命;命运女神;
Now earlier on, as part of a TV show that I have coming up on MTV, 早些时候, 我作为一段MTV要在电视节目前播放,
I attempted to give a similar demonstration of what is now known as second sight . 我尝试了一个相似的 关于现在所谓第二视觉的展示.
attempted:adj.未遂的;v.努力;尝试;试图;(attempt的过去分词和过去式) second sight:n.先见之明;预见力;千里眼;
So let's take a look. 那么我们一起看一下吧.
(Video) Man: There we go. (视频) 男: 我们开始吧.
I'll guide you into the car. 我会帮你坐到车里.
Kathryn: (Laughter) Kathryn: (笑声)
Man: You're OK, keep on going. 男: 你做的很好,继续.
Kathryn: How are you? Kathryn: 你好吗?
Keith Barry: Kathryn, it's Keith here, I'm going to take you to a secret location , OK? Keith Barry: Kathryn, 我是Keith, 我现在要带你去一个秘密的地方,好吗?
location:n.地方;地点;位置;定位
KB: Now, Kathryn, there was no way you could see through that blindfold , at all. KB: 现在, kathryn, 你从遮眼布中完全看不到任何东西,对吧.
see through:adj.透明的;穿透的; blindfold:n.障眼物;眼罩;v.(用布等)蒙住…的眼睛;adj/adv.被蒙住眼睛的(地)
Kathryn: OK, but don't say my name like that. Kathryn: 是的, 但别那么叫我的名字.
KB: No, but you're OK, yes? KB: 好的, 不过你确定, 对吗?
Kathryn: Yes. Kathryn: 对.
KB: There's no way you could have seen through it, agreed? KB:你不能从任何角度看到外界,对么?
Kathryn: No. 看不到.
KB: OK, I'm just going to take it off, you're OK, you're OK. KB: 好, 我正要把它取下来,你没事的,没事的.
Do you want to take off the other part of it? 你想把其它部分也取下来吗?
Go ahead and take it off, you're OK. We'll just stop for a second. 接着取下来, 你没事的. 我们先停一秒钟.
Kathryn: I'm so afraid of what I'm going to see. Kathryn: 我真担心我将看到的东西.
KB: No, no, you're fine, you're fine, take it off. You're OK, you're safe. KB: 不用,不用, 你很好,你很好, 取下来, 没事的,你很安全.
Have you ever heard of second sight? 你有没有听说过第二视觉?
Kathryn: No. Kathryn: 没有
KB: Second sight is whereby a mind-control expert can see through somebody else's eyes. KB: 第二视觉是精神控制专家借助于 别人的眼睛来看透东西.
whereby:adv.凭借;通过…;借以;与…一致;
And I'm going to try that right now. 并且我现在打算试试.
Kathryn: God. Kathryn: 上帝啊.
KB: Are you ready? KB: 你准备好了吗?
Where is it? There's no way ... 路在哪呢? 没办法...
Kathryn: (Beep) Kathryn: (嘟)
Oh, my God! 噢,我的天呐!
KB: Shh. Don't say anything, KB: 嘘. 不要说话.
I'm trying to see through your eyes. I can't see. 我正在试着通过你的眼睛看路呢. 我看不到.
Kathryn: There's a wall, there's a wall. Kathryn: 那有一个墙,有个墙.
KB: Look at the road, look at the road. KB: 看着路,看着路面.
Kathryn: OK, OK, OK. Oh, my God! Kathryn: 好, 好, 好, 好, 啊, 我的天呐!
KB: Now, anything coming at all? KB: 现在, 前面有什么东西吗?
Kathryn: No, no, no, no. Kathryn: 没, 没, 没, 没有.
KB: Sure there's not? KB: 真的? 没有?
Kathryn: No, no, I'm just still looking at the road. Kathryn: 没, 没有, 我就只盯着路面.
I'm looking at the road, all the time, 我正看着路面,一直.
I'm not taking my eyes off the road. 我不要把眼睛离开路面.
(Beep) (嘟)
(Beep) (嘟)
(Beep) (嘟)
Oh, my God! 啊, 我的天呐!
KB: Where are we? Where are we? KB: 我们在哪?我们在哪?
We're going uphill , are we going uphill? 我们在上坡,我们在上坡吗?
uphill:adj.上坡的,向上的;adv.向上地;往上坡;n.上升;登高;
Kathryn: Look at the road -- (Beep) Kathryn: 看着路 -- (嘟)
Still got that goddamn blindfold on. 你还带着那该死的遮眼布呢?
goddamn:adj.该死的;讨厌的;受诅咒的;
KB: What? KB: 什么?
Kathryn: How are you doing this? Kathryn: 你怎么做到的?
KB: Just don't break my concentration . KB: 别再分散我的注意力了.
concentration:n.浓度;含量;集中;专心;
KB: We're OK, though? KB: 我们还好,对吧.
Kathryn: Yes. Kathryn: 对.
That's so weird. 这太诡异了.
We're nearly there. Oh, my God! 我们快到了. 啊, 我的天呐!
Oh, my God! 啊, 我的天呐!
KB: And I've stopped. KB: 我停下了.
Kathryn: That is weird. Kathryn: 这太诡异了.
You're like a freak-ass of nature. 你像个天生的怪物.
That was the most scary thing I've ever done in my life. 这是我这辈子做过最恐怖的事情.
(Applause) (掌声)
Thank you. 谢谢.
By the way , two days ago, we were going to film this down there, at the race course, and we got a guy into a car, and we got a camera man in the back, but halfway through the drive, he told me he had a -- 另外, 两天以前. 我们才录的这个片断 在比赛场地, 有一个小伙子做的我们的车里, 后坐还有一个摄像师, 但半路上开着车的时候, 他告诉我他有一个 --
By the way:顺便说一下;
I think it was a nine-millimeter or something, stuck to his leg. 我想是有个什么东西,卡住了他的腿.
So I stopped pretty quick, and that was it. 所以我特别快的停了下来.
So, do you believe it's possible to see through somebody else's eyes? 所以,你觉得有可能 去通过别人的眼睛去看东西吗?
That's the question. 就是这个问题.
Now, most people here would automatically say no. OK, but I want you to realize some facts. 现在,这里大部分人会下意识的说不. 好, 但我想要你明白一些事实.
automatically:adv.自动地;机械地;无意识地;adj.不经思索的;
I couldn't see through the blindfold. 我从遮眼布里什么也看不到.
The car was not gimmicked or tricked in any way, the girl -- I'd never met before, all right. 那辆车也没有以任何方式耍花招和戏法. 那个女孩 -- 我之前从未见过, 好吧.
So I want you to just think about it for a moment. 我希望你用思考一小会儿.
A lot of people try to come up with a logical solution to what just happened, all right. 很多人想走到台上 逻辑的去解释刚刚发生过什么, 好吧.
come up with:提出;想出;赶上; solution:n.解决方案;溶液;溶解;解答;
But because your brains are not trained in the art of deception, the solutions you come up with will 99 percent of the time be way off the mark. 但因为你的大脑并没受过欺骗的艺术的训练, 你上来的解释 会是99%的不靠谱.
This is because magic is all about directing attention. 这是因为魔术是引导你的注意力的.
If, for instance , I didn't want you to look at my right hand, well, then, I don't look at it. 举个例子,我不想要你看我的右手, 好, 这时, 我不看它.
instance:n.实例;情况;建议;v.举...为例;
But if I wanted you to look at my right hand, then I look at it, too, you see. 但我如果想让你关注我的右手, 这时,我也看它, 你明白吗.
It's very, very simple, once you know how, but very complicated in other ways. 一旦你知道怎么做,这非常, 非常简单, 但从其它方面想会巨复杂.
complicated:adj.复杂的;难懂的;v.使复杂化;(complicate的过去分词和过去式)
Now, I'm going to give you some demonstrations up here, live, right now. 现在, 我就给大家现在展示一个,就现在.
demonstrations:n.示范,展示(demonstration复数);
I need two people to help me out real quick. 我需要两名观众上来帮我.
Can you come up? 你能上来吗?
And let's see, down at the end, here, can you also come up, real quick? 然后我们看, 下面最后的那个. 你能也迅速上来吗?
Do you mind ? 你介意吗?
Do you mind:你介意吗?;
Yes, at the end. 对,后排这位.
OK, give them a round of applause as they come up. 好的,掌声鼓励他们上台.
applause:n.欢呼,喝采;鼓掌欢迎;
You might want to use the stairs, there. 你可能需要用这边的楼梯, 这边.
(Applause) (掌声)
Now, it's very important for everybody here to realize 现在,有一个非常重要的事情,大家必须知道
I haven't set anything up with you guys. 我从来没有安排过你们任何东西.
You don't know what's about to happen. Is that agreed? 你也不知道即将发生什么事. 同意吗?
OK, would you mind just standing over here for a moment? 好. 你介意站在这边一会儿么?
Your name is? 你叫?
Nicole: Nicole. Nicole: Nicole.
KB: Nicole, and? KB: Nicole, 那你是?
(Telephone ringing) (电话铃响)
KB: OK, oh. Tell them, actually here's the thing, answer it, answer it, answer it. KB: 好, 哦, 告诉他们, 这样. 接, 接, 接.
(Laughter) (笑声)
KB: Is it a girl? KB: 是女孩么?
Man: They've already gone. 男: 已经挂了.
KB: Oh, they're gone, OK. KB: 哦, 挂了. 好吧.
I'll tell you what, swap over positions. 我跟你说, 交换一下位置.
Can you stand over here, this will just make it a little bit easier. 能站在这吗, 这会更简单一些.
stand over:延期;监督;
OK, that was a pity, I would have told them it was the ace of spades . 好, 太遗憾了, 我已经把我的王牌告诉你们了.
spades:v.用铲挖(spade的三单形式);n.锹;铲;(纸牌中的)黑桃;(spade的复数)
OK, a little bit closer. 好的, 再近一些.
(Laughter) (笑声)
A little bit closer. 再近点.
(Laughter) (笑声)
OK, a little bit closer, come over -- they look really nervous up here. 很好, 再近点, 过来点 -- 他们看起来很紧张.
Come in a little bit closer. 再靠近点.
OK, now, do you believe in witchcraft at all? 好吧, 现在, 你相信邪恶巫术吗?
witchcraft:n.巫术;魔法;
Nicole: No. Nicole: 不信.
KB: Voodoo ? KB: 西方巫术?
Voodoo:n.伏都教(一种西非原始宗教);伏都教徒;vt.施伏都巫术迷惑;adj.伏都教的;
Nicole: No. Nicole: 不信.
KB: Things that go bump in the night? KB: 晚上突然发生的事情?
bump:n.肿块,隆起物;撞击;v.碰撞,撞击;颠簸而行;adv.突然地,猛烈地;
Nicole: No. Nicole: 不信.
KB: Besides , who's next, no, OK. KB: 除此之外, 有别的吗? 没有, 好.
Besides:adv.此外;而且;prep.除…之外;
I want you to just stand exactly like this for me, pull up your sleeves , if you don't mind. 我要你像现在这样站着, 如果你不介意, 把袖子卷起来.
sleeves:n.[服装]袖子; v.给…装袖子; (sleeve的单三形式)
OK, now, I want you to be aware of all the different sensations around you, because we're going to try a voodoo experiment right now. 好, 现在, 我要你去感受 你周围所有的不同的感觉, 因为我们正在尝试一个巫术的试验.
sensations:n.感觉;轰动;感动;
I want you to be aware of the sensations, but don't say anything until I ask you, and don't open your eyes until I ask you. 我要你意识到这些感觉, 但除了我去问你,不要讲任何话, 除非我让你睁眼,不要睁开眼.
From this point onwards , close your eyes, do not say anything, do not open them, be aware of the sensations. 朝这站, 闭上眼, 不要说话,不要睁眼. 去感受周围的感觉.
onwards:adv.向前;在前面;
Yes or no, did you feel anything? 有没有, 你感觉到什么吗?
Nicole: Yes. Nicole: 有.
KB: You did feel that? What did you feel? KB: 你感觉到了? 你感觉到什么了?
Nicole: A touch on my back. Nicole: 在我的背上碰触了一次
KB: How many times did you feel it? KB: 你感觉到多少次?
Nicole: Twice. Nicole: 两次.
KB: Twice. OK, extend your left arm out in front of you. KB: 两次. 好的, 把你的左臂伸到前面.
Extend your left arm, OK. 伸出你的左胳膊, 好的.
OK, keep it there. 好, 保持在那.
Be aware of the sensations, don't say anything, don't open your eyes, OK. 注意周转的感觉, 不要说话,不要睁眼,好吗?
Did you feel anything, there? 你感觉到什么了吗?
Nicole: Yes. Nicole: 有.
KB: What did you feel? KB: 你感觉到了什么?
Nicole: Three -- Nicole: 三个--
KB: Like a tickling sensation? KB: 像是三次挠痒痒?
tickling:v.(使)发痒;逗乐;使高兴;使满足;(tickle的现在分词)
Nicole: Yes. Nicole: 是的.
KB: Can you show us where? KB: 你能告诉我们是在哪个部位吗?
OK, excellent. Open your eyes. 好, 太棒了. 睁开你的眼睛.
I never touched you. 我从来没有接触过你.
I just touched his back, and I just touched his arm. 我只是摸了他的背,并且只是接触他的肩膀.
A voodoo experiment. 一个巫术的试验.
(Laughter) (笑声)
Yeah, I walk around nightclubs all night like this. 对, 我在夜总会里像这样逛一晚上,
nightclubs:n.夜总会(nightclub的复数形式);v.去夜总会(nightclub的第三人称单数);
(Laughter) (笑声)
You just take a seat over here for a second. 你在这边坐一会,
I'm going to use you again, in a moment . 我会再请你帮忙, 一会儿.
in a moment:立刻;
And can you take a seat right over here for me, if you don't mind. 不介意的话, 你能跟我坐在这里吗?
Sit right here. 就做在这儿.
Man: OK. 男: 好.
KB: OK, take a seat. Excellent, OK. KB: 好的,坐下, 很好.
Now, what I want you to do is look directly at me, OK, just take a deep breath in through your nose, letting it out through your mouth, and relax . 现在, 我要你直视我, 好吧. 通过你的鼻子深呼吸, 从嘴巴吐气, 放松.
directly:adv.直接地;立即;马上;正好地;坦率地;conj.一…就; relax:v.放松,休息;松懈,松弛;变从容;休养;
Allow your eyes to close, on five, four, three, two, one -- close your eyes right now. 眼睛可以闭上, 计数, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 -- 现在闭上你的眼睛.
OK, now, I'm not hypnotizing you, 好, 现在, 我不是在催眠你,
hypnotizing:vt.使着迷;对…施催眠术;使恍惚;vi.施催眠术;使进入睡觉状态;
I'm merely placing you in a heightened state of synchronicity , so our minds are along the same lines. 我仅仅是让你进入一种高度同步状态, 所以我们的心灵有相同的连接.
merely:adv.仅仅,只不过;只是; heightened:v.(使)加强,提高,增加;(heighten的过去式和过去分词) synchronicity:n.同步性,同时发生;
And as you sink and drift and float into this relaxed state of mind, 想像你就像是下沉,漂移和上浮一样 进入一种放松的状态,
drift:v.漂移;漂流;飘;缓缓移动;n.趋势;大意;要点;流动; relaxed:adj.轻松的;冷静的;v.放松;休息;宽慰;(relax的过去分词和过去式)
I'm going to take your left hand, and just place it up here. 我要把你的左手, 放在这里.
And I want you to hold it there, just for a moment, and I only want you to allow your hand to sink and drift and float back to the tabletop at the same rate and speed 并且我要你保持在那, 就一会儿. 并且要你允许自己的手 去下沉,漂移和上浮一样放回桌面 用相同的速度
tabletop:n.桌面;
as you drift and float into this relaxed state of awareness , and allow it to go all the way down to the tabletop. 就像是下沉和上浮一样进入放松的意识状态. 允许它慢慢的回到桌面.
awareness:n.意识,认识;明白,知道;
That's it, all the way down, all the way down, all the way down, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further. 就是那样, 一直落下来, 一直落下来, 一直落下来, 再落,再落,再落, 再落,再落,再落,
Excellent. 太棒了.
I want you to allow your hand to stick firmly to the tabletop. 我要你让你的手稳固的粘在桌面上.
OK, now, allow it to stay there. 好, 现在, 搁在那儿.
OK, now, in a moment, you'll feel a certain pressure, OK, and I want you to be aware of the pressure. 好, 一会儿,你会感觉到一定的压力,好吧, 我要你感觉到这种压力,
Just be aware of the pressure. 只要意识到压力的存在.
And I only want you to allow your hand to float slowly back up from the tabletop as you feel the pressure release , but only when you feel the pressure release. 我只要你控制你的手 感觉到压力释放的时候从桌面上慢慢的住下落. 但仅仅是当你感觉到压力释放的时候.
release:v.释放;发射;让与;允许发表;n.释放;发布;让与;
Do you understand? Just answer yes or no. 明白吗? 回答的明白或没明白.
Do you understand? 你明白了吗?
Man: Yes. 男: 明白.
KB: Hold it right there. KB: 停在那儿.
OK, and only when you feel the pressure go back, 好的, 只有你感觉压力回去的时候,
I want you to allow your hand to slowly drift back to the table top, but only when you feel the pressure. 我要你控制你的手慢速的下落到桌面. 但仅当你能感受到压力的时候.
(Laughter) (笑声)
OK, that was wonderfully done, let's try it again. 好的,非常完美的完成, 让我们再试一次.
wonderfully:adv.精彩地;惊人地;极好地;
Excellent. Now that you've got the idea, let's try something even more interesting. 太好了. 现在你已经掌握了. 让我们试些更有意思的.
Allow it to stick firmly to the table top, keep your eyes closed. 把手放在桌面上,保持眼睛闭上.
Can you stand up? 你能站起来吗?
OK, just stand, stage forward. 好的, 就站起来, 舞台前面.
I want you to point directly at his forehead , OK. 我要你直指着他的前额,好吧.
forehead:n.前额;
Imagine a connection between you and him, only when you want the pressure to be released , make an upward gesture , like this, but only when you want the pressure to be released. 想像你们之前有一种连接. 只在你想让压力释放的时候, 做一个向上抬的动作,像这样, 但只是你想释放这个压力的时候.
released:v.释放;使免除;已发布;(release的过去分词和过去式) upward:adj.向上的;上升的;adv.向上; gesture:n.手势;姿势;示意动作;表示;v.做手势;用手势表示;
You can wait as long as you want, but only when you want the pressure released. 你想等多久都可以, 但记住只有你想释放这个压力的时候.
as long as:conj.只要;长达;如果;既然;
OK, let's try it again. 好吧,我们再试一次.
OK, now, imagine the connection, OK. 好, 想像一下你们之间的联系.
Point directly at his forehead, only when you want the pressure released, we'll try it again. 直接指着他的前额, 记住只有你想释放压力的时候, 我们再试一次.
OK, it worked that time, excellent. 好, 这次搞定了, 太棒了.
And hold it there, hold it there, both of you, hold it there, only when you want the pressure to go back, make a downward gesture. 停在那, 停在那, 你们两个, 都停一下. 只有当你感觉到压力回来的时候,再做放下的动作.
downward:adj.下降的;向下的;adv.同"downwards";
You can wait as long as you want. 你想等多久都可以.
You did it pretty quickly, but it went down, OK. 你做的有点快,但他还是放下去了, 很好.
Now, I want you to be aware that in a moment, when I snap my fingers, your eyes will open, again. 现在, 我要你注意 当你听到我捏响指时,再睁开眼.
snap:v.断裂;移到某位置;厉声说;n.啪嗒声;(尤指抢拍的)照片;adj.仓促的;
It's OK to remember to forget, or forget to remember what happened. 无论是忘记或记得刚刚发生的事情都可以.
Most people ask you what the hell just happened up here? 很多会问你刚刚在这里发生了什么?
But it's OK that even though you're not hypnotized , you will forget everything that happened. 但没问题,你甚至没有被催眠, 你会忘记发生的所有的一切.
hypnotized:对…施催眠术(hypnotize的过去式和过去分词);
(Laughter) (笑声)
On five, four, three, two one -- open your eyes, wide awake. 倒数,5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 睁眼, 清醒过来吧.
Give them a round of applause, as they go back to their seats. 给他们以热烈的掌声, 请回到座位上.
(Applause) (掌声)
OK, you can go back. 好了, 你可以回来.
I once saw a film called "The Gods Are Crazy." 我曾经看过一个电影叫 The Gods Are Crazy.
Has anybody here seen that film? Yeah, yeah, yeah. 有人看过那个电影吗? 对对对.
(Applause) (掌声)
Do you remember when they threw the Coke bottle out of the airplane , and it landed on the ground and it didn't break? 你还记得当他们把可乐瓶子扔出飞机的时候, 它摔到地上却没有碎?
airplane:n.飞机;
Now, see, that's because Coke bottles are solid. 看, 那是因为可乐瓶非常坚固.
It's nearly impossible to break a Coke bottle. 基本上不可能打碎一个可乐瓶.
Do you want to try it? 要不你试试?
Good job. 干的漂亮.
(Laughter) (笑声)
She's not taking any chances. 她不要任何机会.
You see, psychokinesis is the paranormal influence of the mind on physical events and processes . 你知道, 意志力是心灵对物理事物和事情的 超自然影响.
paranormal:adj.超常的;超过正常范围的; influence:n.影响;势力;感化;有影响的人或事;v.影响;改变; physical:adj.[物]物理的;身体的;物质的;符合自然法则的;n.体格检查; processes:n.过程; v.处理(process的第三人称单数形式);
For some magicians or mentalists sometimes the spoon will bend or melt , sometimes it will not. 对于一些魔术师或心理学家来说 有时调羹会弯曲或熔化,有时不会.
melt:v.融化;(使)软化;
Sometimes the object will slide across the table, sometimes it will not. 有时候物体会飞出桌子,有时不会.
It depends on how much energy you have that day, so on, and so forth. 这得看你有多少能量, 如此之类的.
We're going to try an experiment in psychokinesis, right now. 我们现在要做一些意志力的实验.
Come right over here, next to me. 到这来, 站在我旁边.
Excellent. 太好了.
Now, have a look at the Coke bottle. 现在看这个可乐瓶.
have a look at:看一看,看一眼;
Make sure it is solid, there's only one hole, and it's a normal Coke bottle. 确保它是结实的, 只有一个瓶口, 是个很普通的可乐瓶子.
And you can whack it against the table, if you want. 如果你想,你可以朝着桌子猛敲.
whack:v.重打;猛击;击败;削减;n.重击;尝试;份儿;机会;
Be careful. 要小心.
Even though it's solid, I'm standing away. 就算它特结实, 我还是站远点.
OK, I want you to pinch right here with two fingers and your thumb. 好吧, 我要你用两个手指和拇指捏着这儿.
pinch:v.拧;捏;掐;捏住;夹紧;偷摸;逮捕;n.捏;掐;拧;一撮; two fingers:n.(手心向里,表示侮蔑的)V字形手势;
Excellent. 很好.
Now, I've got a shard of glass here, OK. 现在我这儿有一块玻璃碎片.
shard:n.(甲虫的)[昆]鞘翅;陶瓷碎片;
I want you to examine the shard of glass. 你检查一下这块碎玻璃.
Be careful, because it is sharp . Just hold on to it for a moment. 小心,因为它太锋利了. 只要拿着它一小会儿.
sharp:锋利的,尖的 hold on to:坚持;紧握;克制;
Now, hold it out here. 现在, 举在这儿.
I want you to imagine, right now, a broken relationship from many years ago. 现在,我要你去想像 许多年前的一个分手的恋爱关系.
I want you to imagine all the negative energy from that broken relationship, from that guy, being imparted into the broken piece of glass, which will represent him, OK. 你要想像从那个破碎的关系,从那个男人那里 产生的所有消极的能量 都赋予给这块碎玻璃. 把这块碎玻璃当成那个男人,好吧.
negative:adj.[数]负的;消极的;否定的;阴性的;n.否定;负数;[摄]底片;v.否定;拒绝; imparted:adj.给予的;授予的; represent:v.代表;表现;描绘;回忆;再赠送;
But I want you to take this very seriously. 但我要求你必须非常认真.
Stare at the glass, ignore everybody right here. 盯着这块玻璃,忽略在场的所有人.
Stare:v.凝视;盯着看;注视;n.凝视; ignore:v.驳回诉讼;忽视;不理睬;
In a moment you'll feel a certain sensation, OK, and when you feel that sensation, 在这段时间里,你会感受到某些感觉,好吧. 当你感受到这种感觉的时候,
I want you to drop the piece of glass into the bottle. 你要把这块碎玻璃放进瓶子里.
Think of that guy, that ba -- that guy, 想想那个男人,那个混...呃..那个男人,
(Laughter) (笑声)
I'm trying to be good here. 我正努力当个好人.
OK, and when you feel the sensation -- it might take a while -- drop it into the glass. 好, 当你有感觉的时候 -- 可能需要一些时间 -- 放进瓶子里.
OK, drop it in. 好了, 放进去.
Now, imagine all that negative energy in there. 现在,想像着所有的消极的能量都在里面.
Imagine his name, and imagine him, inside the glass. 想着他的名字, 想着他, 在瓶子里面.
And I want you to release that negative energy by shaking it from side to side. 并且你要去摇晃这个瓶子来 释放所有的消极能量
(Laughter) (笑声)
That was a lot of negative energy, built up in there. 那里面可真有不少消极能量啊.
(Laughter) (笑声)
(Applause) (掌声)
I also want you to think of his name. Look at me and think of his name. 我还需要你去想着他的名字. 看着我然后想他的名字.
Have you got his name? 你想起来他的名字了?
OK, think of how many letters in the title of his name. 好,想一下他的名字有几个字母组成.
Think about how many letters in the title. 想一下几个字母在他的名字里.
There's five letters in the title. 有五个字母.
You didn't react to that, so it's four letters in the title. 你没反应,所以是四个字母.
react:v.起反应;回应;(对食物等)有不良反应,过敏;起化学反应;
Think of one of the letters in the title. 想着他名字的一个字母.
Think of one of the letters. 想着这个字母.
There's a K in his name, there is a K. 他的名字有个K, 有个字母K.
See the way I knew that, because my name starts with a K also, but his name doesn't start with a K, it starts with an M. 想想我是怎么知道的, 因为我的名字也是K打头的, 但他的名字不是K打头的,是M打头的.
Tell Mike I said hello, the next time you see him. 下次你见到Mike的时候给我带个问候.
Was that his name? 是他的名字吗?
Nicole: Mm-hmm. Nicole: 嗯嗯嗯
KB: OK, give her a round of applause. KB: 好的, 给她掌声鼓励.
(Applause) (掌声)
Thank you. 谢谢.
(Applause) (掌声)
I've got one more thing to share with you right now. 我还有一件事要分享给你.
Actually, Chris, I was going to pick you for this, but instead of picking you, can you hop up here and pick a victim for this next experiment? 实际上, Chris, 我本来要选你来参加, 但现在要你上来帮我选别人, 你能来为下个实验挑选一个受害者吗?
hop:n.啤酒花;单足短距离跳跃;;v.单脚跳行;齐足(或双足)跳行;突然快速去某处; victim:n.受害人;牺牲品;牺牲者;
And it should be a male victim, that's the only thing. 并且受害人应该是一个男士,这是唯一的要求.
Chris Anderson: Oh, OK. Chris Anderson: 哦, 中. (河南话)
KB: I was going to use you for this, but I decided I might want to come back another year. KB: 我本来打算选你的, 但我决定换人因为明年我还想再来TED一次呢.
(Laughter) (笑声)
CA: Well, to reward him for saying " eureka ," CA: 好吧, 为了奖励一个说 eureka 并且
reward:n.[劳经]报酬;报答;酬谢;v.[劳经]奖励;奖赏; eureka:int.有了!;找到了!;
and for selecting Michael Mercil to come and talk to us -- Steve Jurvetson. 挑选 Michael Mercil 过来做演讲的人--- Steve Jurvetson.
KB: OK, Steve, come on up here. KB, 好, Steve, 快点上来.
(Applause) (掌声)
CA: You knew! CA: 你知道!
KB: OK, Steve, I want you to take a seat, right behind here. Excellent. KB: 好, Steve, 我要你坐下来, 坐在这后面. 好极了.
Now, Steve -- oh, you can check underneath . 现在, Steve -- 你可以检查一下桌子下面.
underneath:prep.在…的下面;在…的支配下;n.下面;底部;adj.下面的;底层的;
Go ahead, I've no fancy assistants underneath there. 继续, 我的桌子下面没有高档的辅助设备.
fancy:n.幻想; adj.想象的; v.想象;
They just, they insist that because I was a magician, put a nice black tablecloth on. 因为我是个魔术师,他们就认为下面有什么东西, 再放上一块不错的黑桌布.
tablecloth:n.桌布;台布;
There you are, OK. 给你. 好的.
(Laughter) (笑声)
I've got four wooden plinths here, Steve. 我有四块木头垫子在这儿, Steve.
wooden:adj.木制的;木头的;木头似的;死板的
One, two, three and four. 一个, 两个, 三个, 四个.
Now, they're all the exact same except this one obviously has a stainless steel spike sticking out of it. 现在, 它们除了这个其它全长的一样 这个显然突出着一个不锈钢长钉.
stainless steel:n.不锈钢; spike:n.长钉,道钉;钉鞋;细高跟;vt.阻止;以大钉钉牢;用尖物刺穿;
I want you to examine it, and make sure it's solid. 我要你检查它,并确保它是结实的.
Happy? 满意吗?
Steve Jurvetson: Mmm, yes. Steve Jurvetson: 嗯... 是的.
KB: OK. Now, Steve, I'm going to stand in front of the table, KB: 好的, Steve, 我现在站在桌子前面,
OK, when I stand in front of the table, 当我站在桌子前面的时候,
I want you to put the cups on the plinths, like this, in any order you want, and then mix them all up, so nobody has any idea where the spike is, all right? 我要你把这些杯子放在垫子上,像这样. 你想要放的任何顺序都行, 然后把他们顺序弄乱, 所以没有人知道钉子在哪个里面, 好吗?
SJ: No one in the audience? SJ: 观众里也没人知道?
KB: No one in the audience, and just to help you out, KB: 观众里也没人知道, 帮你解决难题,
I'll block them from view, so nobody can see what you're doing. 我会挡住他们的视线, 所以没人看的见你在做什么.
I'll also look away, so, go ahead and mix them up, now. 我也不会看, 所以, 继续弄乱顺序.
OK, and tell me when you're done. 好的,做好后叫我.
(Laughter) (笑声)
You done? 搞定了吗?
SJ: Mmm, almost. SJ: 嗯嗯嗯, 快完了.
KB: Almost, oh. OK, you're making sure that's well hidden. Now -- oh, we've got one here, we've got one here. KB: 快完了, 哦, 好吧. 你得确定藏的好好的. 现在-- 哦,我们有了一体的.我们有了一体的.
(Applause) (掌声)
So, all right, we'll leave them like that. 好吧, 就这样放这儿吧.
(Laughter) (笑声)
I'm going to have the last laugh , though. 不过,我会笑到最后的.
have the last laugh:v.笑在最后;取得最后胜利;
(Laughter) (笑声)
Now, Steve, you know where the spike is, but nobody else, does? Correct? 现在,Steve, 你知道钉子在哪儿. 但其他所有人不知道
But I don't want you to know either, so swivel around on your chair. 我也不让你知道在哪, 所以你转过身去.
swivel:n.转环;转椅座架;vt.使旋转;vi.旋转;
They'll keep an eye on me to make sure I don't do anything funny, 观众会监督我不会耍花招,
keep an eye on:v.照看;留意;密切注视;
No, stay around, OK. 不行, 转过身去.
Now, Steve, look back. 现在, Steve, 回头看吧.
So, now you don't know where the spike is, and I don't know where it is, either, OK. 现在, 你也不知道钉子在哪了, 而且我也不知道在哪.
Now, is there any way to see through this blindfold? 现在, 你有没有办法通过遮眼布看见东西?
SJ: Put this on? SJ: 要我带上?
KB: No, just is there any way to see through it? KB: 不是,通过它能看见东西吗?
SJ: Um-umm. SJ: 呃... 呃.....
KB: No? KB: 看不见?
SJ: No, I can't see through it. SK: 看不见, 我什么也看不见.
KB: You can't see through it. Excellent, OK. KB: 你看不到. 好极了.
Now, I'm going to put on the blindfold. 现在, 我会带上遮眼布.
Don't stack them up, OK. 别把它们堆起来,好吧.
stack:n.堆栈;一摞;大量;许多;v.(使)放成整齐的一叠(或一摞,一堆);
Give them an extra mix up. 再次弄乱顺序.
extra:adj.额外的:n.额外的事物:adv.额外:另外:
Don't move the cups, because I don't want anybody to see where the spike is, but give the plinths an extra mix up, and then line them up, like this, all right? 别动杯子, 我不想让任何人看到钉子在哪里. 但你要把木垫的顺序弄乱, 然后排成一条线. 好吗?
I'll put the blindfold on. 我会带上遮眼布.
Give them an extra mix up. 再把它们弄乱一次.
No messing around this time. 这次不要搞砸了.
messing:v.使不整洁;弄脏;弄乱;随地便溺;(mess的现在分词)
OK, go ahead, mix them up. 好吧,继续, 弄乱它们.
My hand is at life, here, so -- at risk. 我的手在这, 所以, 处境危险...
(Laughter) (笑声)
Tell me when you're done. 搞定后叫我.
SJ: Done. SJ: 搞定.
KB: OK, where are you? Put out your hand. KB: 好吧, 你在哪里, 伸出来你的手.
Your right hand. Is that -- no, OK. 你的右手, 这是吗? 好的
Tell me when I'm over a cup. 在杯子上方时告诉我.
SJ: You're over a cup. SJ: 你在一个杯子的上方.
KB: I'm over a cup, right now? KB: 现在, 我在一个杯子的上方?
SJ: Mm-hmm. SJ: 嗯.
KB: Now, Steve, do you think it's here? Yes or no? KB: 现在, Steve, 你认为钉子在这儿吗? 有或者没有?
SJ: Oh! SJ: 啊...!
(Laughter) (笑声)
KB: I told you I'd have the last laugh. KN: 我告诉你我会笑到最后的.
(Laughter) (笑声)
SJ: I don't think it's there. SJ: 我认为钉没在那.
KB: No? Good decision. KB: 没有? 答案正确.
(Laughter) (笑声)
(Applause) (掌声)
Now, if I go this way, is there another cup over here? 现在, 如果这个方向移动, 有没有其它的杯子?
SJ: Can we do the left hand? SK: 我们能用左手做吗?
KB: Oh, no, no, no. He asked me could he do the left hand. Absolutely not . KB: 哦, 不不不, 他要求用他的左手去做. 当然不行.
Absolutely not:绝对不会;绝对不是;绝对不行;
(Laughter) (笑声)
KB: Now, if I go this way, is there another cup? KB: 现在, 如果这个方向移动, 有没有另一个杯子?
SJ: There's a cup that way, yes. SJ: 对, 这个方向有一个杯子.
KB: OK, tell me when to stop. KB: 好的, 告诉我什么时候停.
SJ: OK. SJ: 好了.
KB: There? KB: 这里?
SJ: Yes, there's one. SJ: 对, 这里有一个.
KB: OK. Do you think it's here, yes or no? KB: 好的, 你认为这下面有没有钉子. 有还是没有?
This is your decision, not mine. 这可是你的决定, 不是我的.
(Laughter) (笑声)
SJ: I'm going to say no. SJ: 我选择没有.
KB: Good decision. KB: 答案正确.
(Laughter) (笑声)
OK, give me both hands. 好的, 两只手都给我.
Now, put them on both cups. 现在, 把他们放在两个杯子上.
Do you think the spike is under your left hand, or under your right hand? 你认为钉子是在你的左手下面呢? 还是在你的右手下面呢?
SJ: Uh, neither. SJ: 呃.... 都没有.
KB: Neither, oh, OK. KB: 都没有? 哦.好吧.
But if you were to guess. 但如果你猜一个呢.
(Laughter) (笑声)
SJ: I think it's under my right hand. SJ: 我想钉子应该在我的右手下面.
KB: You think it's under your right hand? KB: 你认为应该在右手的下面?
Now remember, you made all the decisions all along. 现在你记住, 是你自己一直在做所有的决定.
Psychologists , figure this out. 心理学家们, 把这个整明白吧.
Psychologists:n.[心理]心理学家(psychologist的复数形式);
Have a look. 看看.
SJ: Oh! SJ: 噢..!
(Applause) (掌声)
Thank you. 谢谢.
Thank you. 谢谢.
If anybody wants to see some sleight of hand later on, 如果一会儿谁还想看更多的花招.
sleight of hand:n.(隐蔽的)敏捷手法;把戏;花招;
I'll be outside. 我会在外面.
Thank you. 谢谢.
(Applause) (掌声)
Thank you. 谢谢.
Thank you. 谢谢.
(Applause) (掌声)