|
|
KakenyaNtaiya_2012X-_一位要求学校教育的女孩_
|
There's a group of people in Kenya. |
在肯尼亚有一群人。 |
People cross oceans to go see them. |
人们穿越重洋去见他们。 |
These people are tall. |
他们长得高大。 |
They jump high. They wear red. |
他们跳的高,他们穿戴红色。 |
And they kill lions. |
他们猎杀狮子。 |
You might be wondering, who are these people? |
你也许在嘀咕,这些人是谁呀? |
These are the Maasais. |
他们就是马赛人。 |
And you know what's cool? I'm actually one of them. |
你知道什么酷吗?我就是他们当中的一员。 |
The Maasais, the boys are brought up to be warriors . |
马赛人,男孩们长大都是勇士。 |
warriors:n.(尤指旧时的)武士,勇士,斗士(warrior的复数)
|
The girls are brought up to be mothers. |
女孩们长大都做妈妈。 |
When I was five years old, |
我五岁的时候, |
I found out that I was engaged to be married as soon as I reached puberty . |
我发现我订婚了 一进入青春期就马上结婚。 |
engaged:adj.已订婚的; v.吸引住; (engage的过去分词和过去式) as soon as:一…就; puberty:n.青春期;开花期;
|
My mother, my grandmother, my aunties , they constantly reminded me that your husband just passed by. |
我母亲,祖母,姨姨姑姑们 她们不断提醒我 你丈夫刚刚路过。 |
aunties:n.舅妈,伯母;阿姨; constantly:adv.不断地;时常地; reminded:v.提醒;使想起;(remind的过去分词和过去式)
|
(Laughter) Cool, yeah? |
(笑)酷不酷? |
And everything I had to do from that moment was to prepare me to be a perfect woman at age 12. |
那时我要做的一切 就是准备在12岁时成为一个完美女人。 |
My day started at 5 in the morning, milking the cows, sweeping the house, cooking for my siblings , collecting water, firewood . |
我早上五点起床, 挤奶,打扫房子, 为我的弟兄姊妹们做饭,打水,收集柴火。 |
sweeping:n.扫除; adj.影响广泛的; v.打扫; (sweep的现在分词) siblings:n.兄;弟;姐;妹;(sibling的复数) firewood:n.柴火;木柴;
|
I did everything that I needed to do to become a perfect wife. |
我做一切该做的 好成为一个完美妻子。 |
I went to school not because the Maasais' women or girls were going to school. |
我上学不是因为马赛人的 妇女和女孩都上学。 |
It's because my mother was denied an education, and she constantly reminded me and my siblings that she never wanted us to live the life she was living. |
是因为我母亲被剥夺了受教育的权利, 她不断提醒我和我的兄弟姐妹们 她从不希望我们过像她一样的生活。 |
denied:v.否认;拒绝;否定;不承认;(deny的过去分词和过去式)
|
Why did she say that? |
为什么她会这样说? |
My father worked as a policeman in the city. |
我父亲是城里的一名警察。 |
He came home once a year. |
他一年回家一次。 |
We didn't see him for sometimes even two years. |
有时两年也见不着他。 |
And whenever he came home, it was a different case. |
他回家的时候,就不同了。 |
My mother worked hard in the farm to grow crops so that we can eat. |
我母亲在地里辛勤工作 种庄稼给我们吃。 |
She reared the cows and the goats so that she can care for us. |
她养牛和羊 照顾我们。 |
reared:v.抚养;培养;饲养;用后腿直立;(rear的过去分词和过去式)
|
But when my father came, he would sell the cows, he would sell the products we had, and he went and drank with his friends in the bars. |
但我父亲回来时,就把牛卖了, 他会卖掉所有的收成, 去酒吧里跟朋友喝酒。 |
Because my mother was a woman, she was not allowed to own any property, and by default , everything in my family anyway belongs to my father, so he had the right. |
因为我母亲是个女人, 她不允许拥有财产, 按规定,我家里所有的东西 都属于我父亲,所以他有权力这样做。 |
default:n.违约;拖欠;缺席;缺陷;v.违约;拖欠;缺乏;不履行;
|
And if my mother ever questioned him, he beat her, abused her, and really it was difficult. |
如果我母亲质问他, 他就打她,虐待她,所以生活真的很艰辛。 |
abused:v.滥用(以致危害健康); (abuse的过去分词和过去式)
|
When I went to school, I had a dream. |
在我就学时,有一个梦想。 |
I wanted to become a teacher. |
我想成为老师。 |
Teachers looked nice. |
老师看上去真好。 |
They wear nice dresses, high-heeled shoes. |
她们穿的漂亮,穿高跟鞋。 |
high-heeled:adj.高跟的;
|
I found out later that they are uncomfortable, but I admired it. |
后来我才知道那很不舒服,但我曾羡慕过。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑) |
But most of all, the teacher was just writing on the board -- not hard work, that's what I thought, compared to what I was doing in the farm. |
最重要的是,老师只在板上写字-- 工作不苦,我是这样想的, 比起在田里干活。 |
on the board:在董事会,将在会上讨论;在那块木板上; compared:adj.比较的,对照的; v.相比; (compare的过去式和过去分词)
|
So I wanted to become a teacher. |
所以我想成为一位老师。 |
I worked hard in school, but when I was in eighth grade, it was a determining factor . |
我非常用功,但在8年级时, 有个决定的因素。 |
determining:v.查明;测定;准确算出;决定;支配;裁决;(determine的现在分词) factor:n.因素;要素;[物]因数;代理人;v.做代理商;v.把…作为因素计入;
|
In our tradition, there is a ceremony that girls have to undergo to become women, and it's a rite of passage to womanhood . |
在我们传统,女孩要成为女人 需要经过一个仪式 这是一个成为女人的通过仪式 |
ceremony:n.典礼,仪式;礼节,礼仪;客套,虚礼; undergo:vt.经历,经受;忍受; rite of passage:n.(标志人生重要阶段的)通过仪式; womanhood:n.女人;女人气质;女子成年期;
|
And then I was just finishing my eighth grade, and that was a transition for me to go to high school. |
我刚刚念完了8年级, 就要准备上高中了。 |
transition:n.过渡;转变;变革;变迁;v.经历转变过程;过渡;
|
This was the crossroad . |
我到了人生的十字路口。 |
crossroad:n.十字路口;交叉路;岔道;重大的抉择关头;
|
Once I go through this tradition, I was going to become a wife. |
一旦我通过了这个传统,我就要成为一名妻子。 |
Well, my dream of becoming a teacher will not come to pass . |
我的老师梦就会落空。 |
come to pass:实现;发生;
|
So I talked -- I had to come up with a plan to figure these things out. |
我必须有个计划 把这个事情处理好。 |
come up with:提出;想出;赶上;
|
I talked to my father. I did something that most girls have never done. |
我决定跟父亲谈谈,这是多数女孩都没做过的事。 |
I told my father, "I will only go through this ceremony if you let me go back to school." |
我告诉他,“我参加这个仪式的唯一条件 就是你得让我回去上学。” |
The reason why, if I ran away, my father will have a stigma , people will be calling him the father of that girl who didn't go through the ceremony. |
原因是,如果我跑了, 我父亲会蒙羞,人们会叫他 那位是没举行仪式的女孩的父亲。 |
stigma:n.[植]柱头;耻辱;污名;烙印;特征;
|
It was a shameful thing for him to carry the rest of his life. |
余生要背负这污名是非常丢脸的 |
shameful:adj.可耻的;不体面的;不道德的;猥亵的;
|
So he figured out. "Well," he said, "okay, you'll go to school after the ceremony." |
所以,他想通了说,“好吧, 仪式完了你就去上学。” |
I did. The ceremony happened. |
我就做了。仪式举行了。 |
It's a whole week long of excitement . |
那个兴奋劲持续一星期之长。 |
excitement:n.兴奋;刺激;令人兴奋的事物;
|
It's a ceremony. People are enjoying it. |
那是个仪式,人们在享受它。 |
And the day before the actual ceremony happens, we were dancing, having excitement, and through all the night we did not sleep. |
在正式仪式的前一天, 我们在跳舞,很兴奋, 整夜都没睡。 |
The actual day came, and we walked out of the house that we were dancing in. Yes, we danced and danced. |
到了那天,我们从之前跳舞的房子出去 是的,我们跳呀跳。 |
We walked out to the courtyard , and there were a bunch of people waiting. |
我们走到院子,有一群人在等着。 |
courtyard:n.院子; a bunch of:一群;一束;一堆;
|
They were all in a circle. |
他们围成个圈。 |
And as we danced and danced, and we approached this circle of women, men, women, children, everybody was there. |
我们跳呀跳呀, 接近妇女的圈, 男人,女人,孩子,人人都在。 |
approached:v.走近;临近;探讨;建议;(approach的过去分词和过去式)
|
There was a woman sitting in the middle of it, and this woman was waiting to hold us. |
有个女人做在中间, 在等着我们 |
I was the first. There were my sisters and a couple of other girls, and as I approached her, she looked at me, and I sat down. |
我是第一个到的。我的姐妹和其他女孩也在, 我接近她, 她看着我,我坐下了。 |
And I sat down, and I opened my legs. |
我坐下后,打开双腿。 |
As I opened my leg, another woman came, and this woman was carrying a knife. |
我打开腿时,另一个女人过来了, 她拿着一把刀。 |
And as she carried the knife, she walked toward me and she held the clitoris , and she cut it off. |
她拿着刀,走向我 她拿着阴蒂,把它切掉。 |
clitoris:n.[解剖]阴蒂;阴核;
|
As you can imagine, I bled . I bled . |
你可以想象,我血一直流,流呀。 |
bled:v.流血;失血;给(某人)放血;长期榨取(某人的钱);(bleed的过去分词和过去式)
|
After bleeding for a while , I fainted thereafter . |
流了一会,我就昏过去了。 |
bleeding:n.出血;渗色;adj.流血的;同情的;v.出血;渗出;(bleed的现在分词) for a while:adv.片刻;暂时;一会儿;一时; fainted:v.昏厥(faint的过去分词和过去式) thereafter:adv.其后;从那时以后;
|
It's something that so many girls -- |
很多女孩中-- |
I'm lucky, I never died -- but many die. |
我算幸运的,我没死--但很多人死了。 |
It's practiced, it's no anesthesia , it's a rusty old knife, and it was difficult. |
这是惯例,没有麻醉,用的是一把生锈的破刀子, 这是个艰难的过程。 |
anesthesia:n.麻醉;麻木(等于anaesthesia);
|
I was lucky because one, also, my mom did something that most women don't do. |
我很幸运,因为我妈妈做了件事, 大多数的女人却没有做。 |
Three days later, after everybody has left the home, my mom went and brought a nurse. |
三天后,当大家都离开后, 我妈妈去请来了一位护士。 |
We were taken care of. |
我们得到了照顾。 |
Three weeks later, I was healed , and I was back in high school. |
三周后,我康复了,回去上高中。 |
healed:v.(使)康复,复原;治愈(病人);(使)结束;(heal的过去分词和过去式)
|
I was so determined to be a teacher now so that I could make a difference in my family. |
我下决心要当一名老师, 这样我就可以帮助我的家人。 |
determined:adj.决定了的:v.决定;(determine的过去分词和过去式) make a difference:有影响,有关系;
|
Well, while I was in high school, something happened. |
我在高中时,发生了一件事。 |
I met a young gentleman from our village who had been to the University of Oregon . |
我遇到了从我们村来的一位年轻人 他去过俄勒冈大学。 |
Oregon:n.俄勒冈州(美国州名);
|
This man was wearing a white t-shirt, jeans, camera, white sneakers -- and I'm talking about white sneakers. |
这个人穿着白衬衣,牛仔裤,带着照相机, 穿着白运动鞋--我讲的是白色的运动鞋。 |
sneakers:n.胶底运动鞋(sneaker的复数形式);
|
There is something about clothes, I think, and shoes. |
我觉得,这些衣服,和鞋子很特别。 |
They were sneakers, and this is in a village that doesn't even have paved roads. It was quite attractive . |
它们是运动鞋耶,而这里是一个小村子 连路都没铺过。所以他非常吸引人。 |
paved:v.(用砖石)铺(地);(pave的过去分词和过去式) attractive:adj.吸引人的;有魅力的;引人注目的;
|
I told him, "Well, I want to go to where you are," |
我跟他说,“我想去你在的那个地方,” |
because this man looked very happy, and I admired that. |
因为这个男人看上去很开心,我好羡慕。 |
And he told me, "Well, what do you mean, you want to go? |
他回答 “你说你想去是什么意思?” |
Don't you have a husband waiting for you?" |
“你的丈夫不是在等你吗?” |
And I told him, "Don't worry about that part. |
我跟他说,“别担心那个。“ |
Just tell me how to get there." |
”只要告诉我怎么去就好。” |
This gentleman, he helped me. |
这个人,帮助了我。 |
While I was in high school also, my dad was sick. |
我上高中的时候,我爸爸生病了。 |
He got a stroke , and he was really, really sick, so he really couldn't tell me what to do next. |
他得了中风,病得非常重, 所以他没法告诉我应做什么。 |
stroke:n.中风;笔画;钟声;抚摩;v.抚摩(动物的毛皮);轻抚;轻挪;轻触;
|
But the problem is, my father is not the only father I have. |
但问题是,我父亲不是我唯一的爸爸。 |
Everybody who is my dad's age, male in the community , is my father by default -- my uncles, all of them -- and they dictate what my future is. |
在社区里,每一个跟我爸爸同龄的 按规矩,都是我父亲。 我的所有叔叔们,--他们掌管着我的未来。 |
community:n.社区;[生态]群落;共同体;团体; dictate:v.决定;口述;支配;强行规定;n.规定;命令;
|
So the news came, I applied to school and I was accepted to Randolph-Macon Woman's College in Lynchburg , Virginia , and I couldn't come without the support of the village, because I needed to raise money to buy the air ticket. |
我申请了学校 我被弗吉尼亚州的林奇堡的伦道夫梅肯女子学院录取了, 没有村里的支持我去不了, 因为我要集资买机票。 |
applied:adj.应用的;实用的;v.应用;使用;申请,请求;(apply的过去分词和过去式) Lynchburg:n.林奇堡(地名,美国弗吉尼亚州中部城市); Virginia:adj.弗吉尼亚州的;
|
I got a scholarship but I needed to get myself here. |
学校给我奖学金,但我需要想法子去到那里。 |
scholarship:n.奖学金;学问;学识;学术成就;
|
But I needed the support of the village, and here again, when the men heard, and the people heard that a woman had gotten an opportunity to go to school, they said, "What a lost opportunity. |
我需要村里的支持, 当男人们听到后, 当人们听到一个女人有机会去上学, 他们说,“多么浪费的机会。” |
This should have been given to a boy. We can't do this." |
“这个机会应该给一个男孩。我们不能这样做。” |
So I went back and I had to go back to the tradition. |
所以我只好回去,我不得不回到传统。 |
There's a belief among our people that morning brings good news. |
在我们的人中有个信仰 那就是早晨会带来好消息。 |
So I had to come up with something to do with the morning, because there's good news in the morning. |
所以我必须想想要在早上做些什么 因为早晨会有好消息。 |
And in the village also, there is one chief, an elder, who if he says yes, everybody will follow him. |
在村里,有一位首领,一位长者, 如果他说可以,所有的人都听他的。 |
So I went to him very early in the morning, as the sun rose. |
所以清晨在太阳升起的时候,我去找他。 |
The first thing he sees when he opens his door is, it's me. |
他早上看到的第一样东西,就是我。 |
'"My child, what are you doing here?" |
他说:“我的孩子,你在这做什么?” |
'"Well, Dad, I need help. Can you support me to go to America?" |
“爸爸,我需要帮忙。你能帮助我去美国吗?” |
I promised him that I would be the best girl, |
我承诺他,我将是最好的女孩, |
I will come back, anything they wanted after that, |
我会回来,之后他们想要我做什么 |
I will do it for them. |
我都会做。 |
He said, "Well, but I can't do it alone." |
他说,“可是,我不能一人做主。” |
He gave me a list of another 15 men that I went -- 16 more men -- every single morning |
他给了我15个男人的名字,让我去找他们 之后又加了16个男人--每天早上 |
I went and visited them. |
我去拜访他们。 |
They all came together. |
有天,他们聚集在一起。 |
The village, the women, the men, everybody came together to support me to come to get an education. |
整个村子,女人,男人,每个人都来了 都支持我去接受教育。 |
I arrived in America. As you can imagine, what did I find? |
我到了美国。你们可以想象,我发现了什么? |
I found snow! |
我看到了雪! |
I found Wal-Marts, vacuum cleaners, and lots of food in the cafeteria. |
我看到了沃尔马,吸尘器, 和食堂里很多的食物。 |
vacuum:n.真空; adj.真空的; v.用真空吸尘器清扫;
|
I was in a land of plenty. |
我到达了一片富饶的土地。 |
I enjoyed myself, but during that moment while I was here, |
我过的很开心,可是在这段时间里 |
I discovered a lot of things. |
我发现了很多事情。 |
I learned that that ceremony that I went through when I was 13 years old, it was called female genital mutilation . |
我得知我13岁时接受的仪式 叫做女性生殖器切割。 |
female:adj.女性的;雌性的;柔弱的,柔和的;n.女人;[动]雌性动物; genital:adj.生殖的;生殖器的;n.生殖器;外阴部; mutilation:n.毁损;残缺;切断;
|
I learned that it was against the law in Kenya. |
我得知那在肯尼亚是违法的。 |
I learned that I did not have to trade part of my body to get an education. I had a right. |
我得知我不必用我的身体 去换取教育。我有权利。 |
And as we speak right now, three million girls in Africa are at risk of going through this mutilation. |
此时此刻,在非洲 有3百万个女孩正面临这种切割的危险。 |
I learned that my mom had a right to own property. |
我得知我妈妈有权拥有财产。 |
I learned that she did not have to be abused because she is a woman. |
我得知她不必因为是个女人 而受虐待。 |
Those things made me angry. |
这一切让我生气。 |
I wanted to do something. |
我想做点事情。 |
As I went back, every time I went, |
每次我回去, |
I found that my neighbors' girls were getting married. |
我发现我邻居的女孩们结婚了。 |
They were getting mutilated , and here, after I graduated from here, I worked at the U.N., |
她们被切割了。 我毕业后,在联合国工作, |
mutilated:adj.残缺的;破坏的;v.切断;使残废(mutilate的过去分词);
|
I went back to school to get my graduate work, the constant cry of these girls was in my face. |
我回学校去拿我的毕业作品, 我常常想到那些女孩们的哭喊。 |
I had to do something. |
我必须做点什么。 |
As I went back, I started talking to the men, to the village, and mothers, and I said, "I want to give back the way I had promised you that I would come back and help you. What do you need?" |
我回去后,开始跟男人们沟通, 去村里,对着那些母亲们,我说, “我想实现我对你们的承诺 ”我承诺过会回来帮助你们。你们需要什么?” |
As I spoke to the women, they told me, "You know what we need? We really need a school for girls." |
我跟妇女们交谈,她们告诉我, “你知道我们需要什么吗?我们需要一所给女孩的学校。” |
Because there had not been any school for girls. |
因为从未有一所女生学校。 |
And the reason they wanted the school for girls is because when a girl is raped when she's walking to school, the mother is blamed for that. |
她们想要女子学校的原因 是因为如果有个女孩在去学校的路上被强奸了, 她妈妈会受到责备。 |
raped:v.强奸;强暴(rape的过去分词和过去式)
|
If she got pregnant before she got married, the mother is blamed for that, and she's punished. |
如果她在结婚前怀孕, 母亲就会被指责,被惩罚。 |
pregnant:adj.怀孕的;富有意义的;
|
She's beaten. |
她将会被毒打。 |
They said, "We wanted to put our girls in a safe place." |
她们说,“我们想让女孩们有个安全的地方。” |
As we moved, and I went to talk to the fathers, the fathers, of course, you can imagine what they said: "We want a school for boys." |
我去跟父亲们谈话, 当然,你能想象父亲们会说什么, “我们想要一所男子学校。” |
And I said, "Well, there are a couple of men from my village who have been out and they have gotten an education. |
我说,“从我村里有好几个男人“ ”出去接受教育。“ |
Why can't they build a school for boys, and I'll build a school for girls?" |
”为何不让他们为男孩们建所学校,” “而我会为女生建所学校?” |
That made sense. And they agreed. |
挺合理的,他们就同意了。 |
And I told them, I wanted them to show me a sign of commitment . |
我跟他们说,我要他们展现承担责任的精神。 |
commitment:n.承诺;投入;保证;许诺;
|
And they did. They donated land where we built the girls' school. |
他们做到了。他们捐了块地给我们建女子学校。 |
donated:v.捐赠,赠送;献(血);捐献(器官);(donate的过去分词和过去式)
|
We have. |
我们就有了这所学校。 |
I want you to meet one of the girls in that school. |
我想让你们见见那所学校的其中一位女孩。 |
Angeline came to apply for the school, and she did not meet any criteria that we had. |
Angeline来学校报名, 她没有符合我们的任何一条标准。 |
apply:v.申请;涂,敷;应用;适用;请求; criteria:n.标准,条件(criterion的复数);
|
She's an orphan . Yes, we could have taken her for that. |
她是个孤儿。是的,我们可以因此录取她。 |
orphan:adj.孤儿的;无双亲的;n.孤儿;vt.使成孤儿;
|
But she was older. She was 12 years old, and we were taking girls who were in fourth grade. |
但她有点大了,12岁, 而我们收的是4年级的女生。 |
Angeline had been moving from one place -- because she's an orphan, she has no mother, she has no father -- moving from one grandmother's house to another one, from aunties to aunties. She had no stability in her life. |
Angeline从一个地方搬出来-- 因为她是个孤儿,无父无母-- 从一方祖母的家搬到另一方, 从姑姑家到姨姨家。她生活不稳定。 |
stability:n.稳定性;坚定,恒心;
|
And I looked at her, I remember that day, and I saw something beyond what I was seeing in Angeline. |
我看着她,我记得那天, 我看到了超越Angeline本身的东西。 |
And yes, she was older to be in fourth grade. |
是的,她比4年级生大一点。 |
We gave her the opportunity to come to the class. |
我们给她机会来到教室。 |
Five months later, that is Angeline. |
这是五个月后的Angeline。 |
A transformation had begun in her life. |
她的人生在转变。 |
transformation:n.转变;(用于南非)民主改革;
|
Angeline wants to be a pilot so she can fly around the world and make a difference. |
Angeline想成为一位飞跃世界的飞行员 有所作为。 |
She was not the top student when we took her. |
我们录取她的时候,她不是头等生。 |
Now she's the best student, not just in our school, but in the entire division that we are in. |
现在她不只在我们学校是最优秀的, 在我们所在的地区她也是最棒的。 |
division:n.师;分配;分开;分歧;
|
That's Sharon. That's five years later. |
这是Sharon。这是5年后。 |
That's Evelyn. Five months later, that is the difference that we are making. |
这个是Evelyn。五个月后,这是我们的成果。 |
As a new dawn is happening in my school, a new beginning is happening. |
我们学校迎来了一个新的黎明, 迎来了新的开始。 |
dawn:n.黎明;开端;vt.破晓;出现;被领悟;
|
As we speak right now, 125 girls will never be mutilated. |
此时此刻,125位女孩再也不会被切割。 |
One hundred twenty-five girls will not be married when they're 12 years old. |
125位女孩子不会在12岁时嫁人。 |
One hundred twenty-five girls are creating and achieving their dreams. |
125位女孩子在创造和追逐她们的梦想。 |
This is the thing that we are doing, giving them opportunities where they can rise. |
这就是我们在做的, 给她们机会让她们站起来。 |
As we speak right now, women are not being beaten because of the revolutions we've started in our community. |
此时此刻,妇女不会被虐打 因为我们的社区开始了革命。 |
revolutions:n.革命,转数(revolution的复数形式);
|
(Applause) |
(掌声) |
I want to challenge you today. |
今天我想挑战你们。 |
You are listening to me because you are here, very optimistic . |
你们在这里听我演讲, 因为你们都非常乐观。 |
optimistic:adj.乐观的;乐观主义的;
|
You are somebody who is so passionate . |
你们有如此的热情。 |
passionate:adj.热情的;热烈的,激昂的;易怒的;
|
You are somebody who wants to see a better world. |
你们想看到一个更美好的世界。 |
You are somebody who wants to see that war ends, no poverty . |
你们想看到战争结束,贫困消失。 |
poverty:n.贫困;困难;缺少;低劣;
|
You are somebody who wants to make a difference. |
你们想有所作为。 |
You are somebody who wants to make our tomorrow better. |
你们想让明天更美好。 |
I want to challenge you today that to be the first, because people will follow you. |
我想挑战你们去做一位走在前端的人, 因为人们会跟随你。 |
Be the first. People will follow you. |
做第一个走在前面的人,人们会跟随你。 |
Be bold . Stand up. Be fearless . Be confident . |
勇敢些, 担责任,不畏惧,有信心。 |
bold:adj.大胆的,英勇的;黑体的;厚颜无耻的;险峻的; fearless:adj.无畏的;大胆的; confident:adj.自信的;确信的;
|
Move out, because as you change your world, as you change your community, as we believe that we are impacting one girl, one family, one village, one country at a time. |
走出去,因为当你改变了你的世界, 当你改变了你的社区, 当我们相信我们一次影响一个女孩,一个家庭, 一个村庄,一个国家 |
impacting:[力]冲击;[力]撞击;[物]碰撞(impact的现在分词);
|
We are making a difference, so if you change your world, you are going to change your community, you are going to change your country, and think about that. If you do that, and I do that, |
我们就能发挥重要作用。因此,如果你改变你的世界, 你就会改变你的社区, 就会改变你的国家, 想一想吧。如果你这样做,我这样做, |
aren't we going to create a better future for our children, for your children, for our grandchildren? |
我们不是在为我们的后代,你们的后代 创造一个更美好的未来吗? |
And we will live in a very peaceful world. Thank you very much. |
我们将会住在一个非常和平的世界。谢谢大家! |
(Applause) |
(掌声) |