返回首页

JuliaShaw_2019X-_骚扰事件不姑息,健康职场方可期_-

I'm Dr. Julia Shaw , a research associate at University College London, and the cofounder of Spot. 我是朱莉亚·肖博士, 伦敦大学学院的一名助理研究员, 也是 Spot 组织的联合创始人。
Shaw:n.林薮;杂木林; associate:v.联合:联想:交往:adj.非正式的:副的:联合的:n.伙伴:同事: cofounder:n.共同创办人;
Spot is a tool that helps organizations tackle harassment and discrimination with better reporting options and better training. Spot 是一个帮助企业 解决骚扰及歧视问题的工具, 具有良好的举报机制及培训模式。
organizations:n.组织,构造,有机体(organization的复数);组织机构; tackle:v.处理; n.用具; harassment:n.骚扰;烦恼; discrimination:n.歧视;区别,辨别;识别力; options:n.选择; v.得到或获准进行选择; (option的三单形式)
And in 2019, along with Dr. Camilla Elphick and Dr. Rashid Minhas, and a number of international NGOs and charities , we conducted one of the largest studies ever on witnesses of harassment and discrimination at work. 2019 年, 我和卡米拉·埃尔菲克博士、 拉希德·米纳斯博士 以及很多国际非政府组织、慈善团体, 针对职场中骚扰和歧视现象的目击者 开展了有史以来最大的一项研究。
charities:n.慈善机构;宽大(charity的复数); conducted:v.组织;安排;实施;执行;指挥;带领;引导;(conduct的过去分词和过去式) witnesses:n.[法]证人; v.作证;
Why witnesses? 为什么研究目击者?
The first time that I was victimized and became the target of inappropriate workplace behavior, 在我第一次 成为职场不正当行为的受害者时,
victimized:vt.使受害;使牺牲;欺骗; inappropriate:adj.不适当的;不相称的; workplace:n.工作场所;车间;
I hadn't even left university. 我尚未大学毕业。
A couple of academics who were far more senior than me repeatedly and relentlessly targeted me. 几位资历远高于我的 学术界人士 持续不断地骚扰我。
academics:n.学术水平;学术知识;专业学者; senior:adj.大;级别(或地位)高的;成人的;高级水平的;n.上级;上司;较…年长的人; repeatedly:adv.反复地;再三地;屡次地; relentlessly:adv.残酷地,无情地;
And every time something happened, 每当事发,
I wished that someone would speak up. 我总希望有人能够发声。
That they would tell me that I'm not overreacting , that I'm sane , that there's something that we could do. 希望有人能告诉我, 我的反应是恰当的、 我的头脑是理智的、 此事是有应对方式的。
overreacting:v.反应过激,反应过火(overreact的现在分词) sane:adj.健全的;理智的;[临床]神志正常的;
But instead, 然而,
I found myself with reporting paralysis . 我发现我本人竟无力上报此事。
paralysis:n.麻痹;无力;停顿;
I didn't speak up and neither did most other people. 我没有为自己发声, 大多数旁人也没有。
Why didn't I just speak up? 我为什么默不作声?
Well, I was worried about the consequences for my career , because I loved my work. 事实上,因为这样会 给我职业生涯造成负面的后果, 而我很爱我的工作。
consequences:n.后果,结果;影响(consequence的复数); career:n.职业;事业;生涯;经历;
I was also worried about things that many people see as barriers , like not being believed or taken seriously, like my situation resulting in no change. 我也会为那些被常人 视作负担的因素担忧, 例如,不被信任或认真对待, 或者即使我说出来也无济于事。
barriers:n.障碍;栅栏;篱笆墙(barrier的复数形式);
Luckily, over the past couple of years, we've seen that reporting paralysis is affecting fewer people and some people are able to now have voices who before were voiceless . 幸运的是,过去几年来, 我们发现因故无力 上报的人越来越少, 而其中一些原先被禁声的人 现在也能够发声了。
voiceless:adj.无声的;清音的;沉默的;
When we first started Spot, we allowed people to submit statements about experiencing harassment or discrimination 在 Spot 创立之初, 我们让大家记述 自己亲历过的骚扰 或歧视事件,
submit:vt.使服从;主张;呈递;vi.提交;服从; statements:n.说明; v.(英国)对儿童进行特殊教育评估认定; (statement的第三人称单数和复数)
And as researchers, we looked at these stories, and we were shocked when we found that 93 percent of victims reported that there was at least one witness. 身为研究者,我们 在研读这些故事时 发现了一项惊人的事实: 93% 的受害者表示,在他们的 事件中存在至少一位目击者。
These things aren't happening behind closed doors . 这类事件并非发生在 不为人知的场合。
behind closed doors:秘密;秘密地;紧闭的门后;与外界隔绝地;
Further research has since come out which has further repeated this idea that most harassment and discrimination is witnessed . 后续研究也进而揭示 并反复印证了这一观点: 大多数骚扰事件与歧视事件 就发生在人们眼皮底下。
witnessed:v.当场看到,目击;见证;作证;(witness的过去式和过去分词)
And so how do we mobilize these witnesses? 那么我们该如何让 目击者们有所行动呢?
mobilize:v.动员;动员;调动;组织;鼓动;调用;
First, let's talk about the psychology of being a witness. 首先,我们来聊聊作为 一名目击者的心理活动。
psychology:n.心理学;心理状态;
In 2018, two women were at a Starbucks when they watched a barista deny access to a washroom to two African American men. 2008 年,两位女士 在一间星巴克咖啡馆内 看到一个服务生禁止 两位非裔美籍男士 使用店里的卫生间。
Starbucks:n.星巴克(咖啡店名); barista:n.咖啡师;咖啡吧员; deny:v.否定,否认;拒绝给予;拒绝…的要求; African American:非洲裔美国人(指美国黑人);
Instead, the barista called the police. 而且,该服务生还报了警。
The two active bystanders took a video of the men in handcuffs and posted it online. 这两位积极的旁观者拍下了 两名男士无端被捕的视频 并传到了网上。
bystanders:n.旁观者(bystander的复数); handcuffs:n.手铐;v.用手铐铐住(某人);(handcuff的第三人称单数和复数)
This active bystanding had an almost immediate positive effect. 这次积极的旁观举措 几乎立刻就起到了正面作用。
positive:adj.积极的;[数]正的,[医][化学]阳性的;确定的;n.正数;[摄]正片;
Starbucks closed a number of its doors and implemented bias training. 星巴克关闭了数间店铺, 并进行了避免偏见的职工培训。
implemented:v.使生效;贯彻;执行;实施;(implement的过去式和过去分词) bias:adv.使有偏见;n.偏见;偏心;偏爱;v.使有偏见;使偏向;adj.斜的;[电]偏动的;
Most of us think that we would be these active bystanders. 我们大部分人都认为 自己也是积极旁观者,
That we would be these kinds of heroes. 认为自己也能做出同类的英勇之举。
In fact, in research on this, when researchers give people hypothetical scenarios and ask if they would intervene , most of us say, "Yes, of course, of course I would stand up." 但实际上,在相关的研究中, 当研究者给出一个场景设想 并询问人们是否会介入, 我们大部分人会说: “是的,我当然会挺身而出。”
hypothetical:adj.假设的;爱猜想的; scenarios:n.情节;脚本;情景介绍(scenario的复数); intervene:vi.干涉;调停;插入;
But even when those same researchers present an actual physical situation where someone needs to actually intervene, most people do nothing. 然而当同一批研究者 营造出某人真正需要 他人介入的实情实景时, 大部分人却无所作为。
physical:adj.[物]物理的;身体的;物质的;符合自然法则的;n.体格检查;
And they fall prey to the well-known bystander effect. 于是他们切身实践了 众所周知的“旁观者效应”。
prey:n.猎物;受害者;受骗者;v.折磨;掠夺;捕食(on,upon);损害(on,upon); well-known:adj.著名的;众所周知的;清楚明白的;
Why? 为什么?
And what are the barriers that people are facing? 人们面前的障碍到底是什么?
In our research, three quarters of people who we had interviewed and who we had participate in our study -- which was over 1,000 participants -- three quarters of them said that they never reported the incident to HR, they never reported the incident to someone who could do something about it. 在我们的研究中, 在所有参与研究和被研究者中, 有四分之三的人—— 即在超过 1000 名参与者中, 有四分之三的人表示, 他们从未将这类事件 报告给人力资源部, 他们从未将这类事件报告给 有能力改变事态的人。
three quarters:adj.四分之三的;n.四分之三; interviewed:v.对(某人)进行面试(或面谈); (媒体)采访(interview的过去分词和过去式) participate:v.参加;参与; participants:n.参与者(participant的复数形式);
And the barriers that they cited ? 是什么阻止了他们?
cited:v.提及(原因);举出(示例);列举;引用;传讯;(cite的过去分词和过去式)
The number one barrier was actually the exact same as the main barrier that victims report, which is the fear of consequences or retaliation . 首当其冲的阻碍 与受害者不愿报案的理由完全相同: 害怕此举所招致的后果或是报复。
retaliation:n.报复;反击;回敬;
Even witnesses are worried about what might happen to them and their careers . 连目击者都会为自己的人身安全 或是职位感到担忧。
careers:n.职业(career的复数);事业;职业生涯;v.全速前进(career的三单形式);
Other reasons that people reported was not wanting to interfere or not wanting to be a snitch , not knowing they could report, or not knowing how. 人们也提到了其它因素: 不愿多管闲事、 不愿当告密者; 或是认为自己上报无门、 不知如何上报。
interfere:v.干涉;干预;介入; snitch:n.告密者;告发者;v.(向家长、教师等)告发;告密;告状;
All of these things can be targeted with better education and better systems in workplaces . 而这一切都是 更完善的职场认知与职场系统 需要解决的问题。
workplaces:n.[管理]工作场所(workplace的复数);
But the story of the witness isn't complete without also talking about the consequences for the witnesses themselves. 但既然要聊发生在 目击者身上的故事, 就不能不说说那些事件 给目击者本人造成的后果。
If you were to see someone who just witnessed a crime being committed on the street, you would almost certainly go up to that witness and say, "Are you OK? 如果你遇上了一个人, 此人刚刚目睹一场 公共场合犯罪事件, 你多半会走上前去 对这位目击者说: “你还好吗?
committed:adj.坚信的; v.做出错事; (commit的过去分词和过去式)
Do you need some support?" 需不需要什么帮忙?”
You might even offer them counseling or therapy to process what they just saw. 你也许还会为他们 提供咨询或治疗 来缓解目击事件带来的刺激。
counseling:n.咨询服务;v.建议;劝告;商讨;(counsel的现在分词形式) therapy:n.治疗,疗法; process:v.处理;加工;列队行进;n.过程,进行;方法,adj.经过特殊加工(或处理)的;
But witnesses at work are largely invisible . 但职场中的目击者 往往是看不见的。
largely:adv.主要地;大部分;大量地; invisible:adj.看不见的;n.看不见的人或物;
And of course, so is support for them. 当然,能给予他们的支持 也是看不见的。
And some of this invisibility might even be internalized . 而其中一些看不见的 问题甚至会内化。
invisibility:n.看不见;看不见的东西;难看见; internalized:v.内在化(internalize的过去分词);
When we asked our participants about reporting, and when we asked them about the negative consequences for them, we found that most people said, when asked directly , "Did witnessing this experience have a negative repercussion ?" 当我们向参与者们提及上报时, 当我们向参与者们问到 上报的负面后果时, 当我们直接发问: “目睹这类事件 会对你产生负面影响吗?”
negative:adj.[数]负的;消极的;否定的;阴性的;n.否定;负数;[摄]底片;v.否定;拒绝; directly:adv.直接地;立即;马上;正好地;坦率地;conj.一…就; witnessing:v.当场看到,目击;是发生…的地点;见证;(witness的现在分词) repercussion:n.反响;弹回;反射;浮动诊胎法;
Most people said, "No, I'm fine." 我们发现大部分人都说: “不会,我挺好的。”
But when we looked at the qualitative entries, when we looked at what people actually wrote about this experience, we found that these experiences had profoundly negative impacts . 可当我们着眼于 实质性的记录, 当我们着眼于人们对 这类经历的文字描述时, 我们发现这些经历已然 造成了深刻的负面影响。
qualitative:adj.定性的;质的,性质上的; profoundly:adv.深刻地;深深地;极度地; impacts:n.影响; v.有影响,有作用;
They increased stress and anxiety and depression , they increased the prevalence of desire to leave the organization, loss of faith . 他们的压力、焦虑 与抑郁情绪加重了; 他们对于离开工作单位的念头 更加强烈了; 他们失去了信念。
anxiety:n.焦虑;渴望;挂念;令人焦虑的事; depression:n.沮丧;洼地;不景气;忧愁; prevalence:n.流行;普遍;广泛; faith:n.信心;信任;宗教信仰;
Why is there this discrepancy ? 为什么会出现这样的差异?
discrepancy:n.不符;矛盾;相差;
It seems that we're doing a comparative evaluation . 貌似我们都在做一项评估。
comparative:adj.比较的;相当的;n.比较级;对手; evaluation:n.评价;[审计]评估;估价;求值;
'" Compared to the victim, nothing really happened to me." “与受害者相比, 我并没受到什么实质影响。”
Compared:adj.比较的,对照的; v.相比; (compare的过去式和过去分词)
But that's not really the right question. 但问题不能这么问。
And support shouldn't be invisible just because you're less affected. 不能仅因为你受到的影响较小, 就让你无从找到应有的支持。
Because we're all affected and we should all be supporting each other. 正因为我们都受到了影响, 我们才更应该枝干相持。
We also found evidence of a social contagion . 我们还发现了 社交传播的迹象。
evidence:n.证据,证明;迹象;明显;v.证明; contagion:n.传染病;蔓延;触染;
While 23 percent of participants told HR, more, 46 percent, told colleagues , usually someone on their team, and 67 percent told someone outside of work. 仅管有 23% 的参与者 告知了人力资源部, 更多的参与者——占总数的 46% —— 选择告知同事,通常是同一团队的同事, 而 67% 的参与者告知了 工作圈以外的人。
colleagues:n.同事;同行(colleague的复数);
What this shows is that the negative consequences of the situation, where someone is harassed or discriminated against, go far beyond the room. 该数据表明: 如果有人被骚扰或被歧视, 其负面后果的影响力 将远不限于办公室内。
harassed:adj.疲惫焦虑的;v.侵扰;骚扰;不断攻击(敌人);(harass的过去分词和过去式) discriminated:辨别;
People take that story with them and that discontent grows as they tell more and more people, and this has the real effect that is almost certainly threatening your ability as an organization to retain and attract diverse and excellent candidates. 人们将这类故事记在心头, 不满情绪也会随着他们 向越来越多人讲述而增长, 而这就有了着实质性的影响: 公司自身保留与吸引 多元化优秀人才的能力 几乎必然会受到威胁。
discontent:n.不满;adj.不满的;vt.使不满; retain:v.保留;保持;持有;继续拥有; diverse:adj.不同的;多种多样的;变化多的;
So what do we do to stop this social contagion? 那么我们要如何阻止 这样的社交传播?
What do we do to reduce these barriers and how do we provide support for witnesses and victims? 我们要如何减少阻碍 并为目击者与受害者 提供帮助支持?
How can we be better allies ? 我们要如何成为 更合格的盟友?
allies:n.盟友,支持者:v.与…结盟(ally的第三人称单数和复数)
And it's easier than you might think. 答案也许比你想象的要简单。
In my research, I've come across five particular things that I think every organization can and should do to help tackle this issue and to build healthier workplaces. 在我的研究中,有这么五件事 是我认为每个公司 在处理这类问题 并营造更健康的职场环境时 能做且该做的事。
come across:偶然遇见;给人以…的印象; issue:n.重要议题;争论的问题;v.宣布;公布;发出;发行;
First, showcase your commitment . 第一,表决心。
showcase:n.展示的场合;玻璃柜台;v.使展现;在玻璃橱窗陈列; commitment:n.承诺;投入;保证;许诺;
If your leadership isn't repeatedly saying how important diversity and inclusion is to them, and living by example, no one is going to believe you. 如果你作为领导,不反复去强调 多元与包容的重要性, 并以身作则, 就不会有人买你的帐。
diversity:n.差异(性):多样性:多样化: inclusion:n.包含;内含物;
An HR-driven campaign is insufficient . 一套以人力资源为主导的 主张方案尤为重要。
insufficient:adj.不足的,不充足的;n.不足;
Your organization is a direct mirror of its leadership team, and they need to be setting the tone . 公司组织架构直接反映 其领导层的状况, 领导层需要定调。
tone:n.语气:风格:特色:声音信号:v.使更结实:与…协调:
Second, train your managers. 第二,调教好你的经理人。
The main person who's likely to harass someone in your organization is a manager. 公司组织架构里 最有可能骚扰他人的 就是经理人。
Now, why? 为什么呢?
Perhaps because power corrupts , or perhaps because we promote people into managerial roles because they're excellent at their jobs, and we assume that they will pick up the people skills, pick up the management skills along the way. 或许因为权力使人腐败, 又或许因为我们 提拔员工至管理层岗位 是鉴于他们出色的工作能力, 于是我们期望他们会将 为人处事的能力 连同经营管理能力 同时培养起来。
corrupts:adj.腐败的,贪污的;堕落的;v.使腐烂;使堕落,使恶化; promote:v.促进;推动;促销;提升;晋升; managerial:adj.经理的;管理的; assume:v.承担;假定;采取;呈现; management:n.管理;管理人员;管理部门;操纵;经营手段;
But then they don't. 但结果并非如此。
And this provides a fertile ground for harassment and discrimination with unrealistic expectations , with poor time management, with poor conflict management skills. 而这种不切实际的期望 伴随着糟糕的时间管理能力 与糟糕的冲突管理能力, 为骚扰事件与歧视事件 提供了滋润的土壤。
fertile:adj.富饶的,肥沃的;能生育的; unrealistic:adj.不切实际的;不实在的; expectations:n.预料;预期;期待;希望;指望;(expectation的复数) conflict:n.冲突;矛盾;争执;抵触;v.抵触;
Train your managers. 调教好你的经理人。
Third, we know from research on victims that without the ability to report anonymously , the fear of consequences is so overwhelming that most people will never report incidents. 第三,通过研究受害者,我们得知: 如果不能匿名上报, 那么对后果的恐惧之强烈 会致使大多数人选择不上报。
anonymously:adv.不具名地;化名地; overwhelming:adj.势不可挡的; v.压倒; (overwhelm的现在分词)
We found the same was true for witnesses. 这一点对目击者也成立。
When we asked them directly, in our study, whether organizations could do something to improve the fact that they might report, they said, number one that they could do better was allowing for witness anonymity . 在我们的研究中,我们直接询问: 公司要怎么做 才能提高他们上报的意愿。 他们都说,公司的首项改善措施 就是允许目击者匿名。
improve:v.改进;改善; anonymity:n.匿名;匿名者;无名之辈;
Second was providing choices about who to report to. 其次是允许他们选择上报对象。
Perhaps shockingly , although managers are the most likely person to be perpetrating harassment or discrimination, in many organizations they're also supposed to be your first point of contact when things go wrong. 或许很令人惊讶, 尽管经理人往往最可能是 骚扰或歧视事件中的加害者, 但在许多公司中, 他们同时也会是 恶劣事件发生后 你头一位要接触的人。
shockingly:adv.怕人地,非常地;不正当地; perpetrating:vt.犯(罪);做(恶); supposed:adj.误信的;所谓的;v.认为;假设;设想;(suppose的过去分词和过去式) contact:n.接触,联系;v.使接触,联系;
Now that's a major sticking point . 这可是关键的分歧点。
sticking point:n.分歧点;症结;
So being able to choose who you go to is crucial . 所以能慧眼识人相当重要。
crucial:adj.重要的;决定性的;定局的;决断的;
Third, encouraging witness reporting. 第三,鼓励目击者报案。
Back to setting a tone in your organization, saying you can and should report things, and you can help stand up for each other. 又回到了给公司定调, 要强调大家都能够 也应该去报案, 强调大家都能够 挺身而出,互相帮助。
stand up for:支持,坚持;拥护;
Fourth, even when you have all of this in place, most people will not speak to HR. 第四,即便刚刚提到的一切 都到位了, 大多数人还是不会 向人力资源部开口。
We know this, because at Spot, we though anonymity would solve everything. 我们深知如此,因为在 Spot, 我们认为匿名 解决不了一切问题。
It did not. 确实不能。
Anonymity is one piece of the puzzle . 匿名只是问题的一小部分。
puzzle:n.谜;疑问;智力游戏;不解之谜;v.迷惑;使困惑;
Conducting surveys means that you go out to your employees, you don't wait for them to come to you. 主动进行意见调查 说明你对员工上心, 别等到他们带着意见找上你。
Conducting:v.组织;安排;实施;指挥;引导;导游(conduct的现在分词) surveys:n.调查(survey的复数);
And you ask everybody about how they feel about the health of inclusion and diversity efforts within the organization. 你还要主动询问每一个人的感受 询问他们对公司内部 包容与多元的程度 有什么感受。
And be specific . 要问得具体到位。
specific:adj.特殊的,特定的;明确的;详细的;[药]具有特效的;n.特性;细节;特效药;
Ask people about specific incidents or specific things they've witnessed. 询问他们具体目击到的事件或事物。
Because just like in our survey, if you ask people directly if they have experienced harassment or discrimination, the default answer is no. 正如我们研究所示, 如果你单刀直入地问, 是否经历过骚扰或歧视, 大家会本能地回答:没有。
default:n.违约;拖欠;缺席;缺陷;v.违约;拖欠;缺乏;不履行;
But if you ask about specific experiences or specific behaviors, most people go, "Oh, yeah, I saw that the other week." 但如果你问到了 具体的经历或具体的行为, 大部分人会说: “哦对,我之前看见过。”
So making sure you ask the right questions is crucial. 所以关键在于确保 以正确的方式提问。
Finally , and most importantly , research shows that one of the best ways to mitigate the bystander effect is to build a shared social identity . 最后,也是最重要的一项, 调查表明,消除“旁观者效应” 最好的方式之一 就是建立共有的社会身份。
Finally:adv.终于;最终;(用于列举)最后;彻底地; and most importantly:最主要的是…; mitigate:vt.使缓和,使减轻;vi.减轻,缓和下来; identity:n.身份;同一性,一致;特性;恒等式;
It's not about policing each other, it's not about calling each other out, it's about being a cohesive unit. 这与相互监管无关, 也与相互指责无关, 这关乎在一个具有 凝聚力的团队中共处。
cohesive:adj.有结合力的;紧密结合的;有粘着力的;
We are in this together. 我们是一个团队。
If you attack one of us, you are attacking all of us. 如果你冒犯了我们中的一员, 你就冒犯了我们所有人。
Because wouldn't you want that? 难道你不希望如此吗?
Wouldn't you want someone to stand by you if something negative happens? 难道在糟糕的事情发生时, 你不希望获得他人的支持吗?
We're all, hopefully, collectively building an organization that is stronger and healthier and more diverse and inclusive . 照理说,我们所有人 都在协作共建一个 更强大、更健全、更多元, 且更包容的组织架构。
collectively:adv.共同地,全体地; inclusive:adj.包括的,包含的;
Without my allies, I wouldn't be here. 没有盟友,我就不会来到这里。
When I was first targeted with inappropriate behavior at work, 在我第一次成为职场 不正当行为的受害者时,
I fell into a depression, and I almost left academia altogether. 我陷入了抑郁, 几乎彻底离开学术界。
academia:n.学术界;学术生涯;
Without a few people who stood by me, 如果没有当时那些伴我左右的人,
I wouldn't be on this stage right now. 我现在就不会站在这个演讲台上。
stage right:adv.(演员面对观众时的)舞台右侧;
And I wish I had a happy ending for you. 我也希望故事能有 一个圆满的结尾。
But unfortunately , these individuals are still at it. 但很不幸, 这类事件依然存在。
unfortunately:adv.不幸地; individuals:n.[经]个人;[生物]个体(individual的复数);
You see, in organizational structures where colleagues work in dispersed ways, where it's difficult to know who even to report to, never mind what the consequences might be, these kinds of behaviors are most likely to flourish for longer. 要知道,在同一个组织架构下, 如果共事的人们彼此疏离, 如果想要了解上报途径都非易事, 那么无论面临什么样的制裁, 这类令人不齿的行为 依然很可能继续存在。
organizational:adj.组织的;编制的; structures:n.结构; v.建造(structure的第三人称单数形式); dispersed:adj.散布的;被分散的;被驱散的;v.分散;传播(disperse的过去分词); never mind:没关系; flourish:n.兴旺; vt.夸耀; vi.繁荣,兴旺;
But that doesn't stop me from trying to stop it. 但这断绝不了我 试图将其断绝的决心。
And I can tell you one thing -- that over the past couple of years of my research, 有一点我很确定—— 在我过去几年的研究中,
I have found that there have been so many positive changes. 我看到了许多积极的转变。
Changes in legislation , changes in attitudes , and organizations are finally taking these issues seriously. 立法上的转变、 态度上的转变, 而且各个组织终于开始 重视这些问题了。
legislation:n.立法;法律; attitudes:n.态度,看法(attitude复数); issues:n.重要议题;争论的问题;v.宣布;公布;发出;(issue的第三人称单数和复数)
I swear, the time of the harassers and the bullies and the discriminators is coming to an end. 我发誓,那些骚扰者、 霸凌者、歧视者的好日子 就要到头了。
harassers:n.骚扰者;袭扰者导弹车; bullies:n.仗势欺人者;横行霸道者;v.恐吓;伤害;胁迫;(bully的第三人称单数和复数) discriminators:n.辨别者;(discriminator的复数)
Thank you. 谢谢。
(Applause) (掌声)