返回首页

JosephGordonLevitt_2019-_获得关注的渴望是如何削弱你的创造力的_-

First of all , thank you for your attention. 首先,谢谢大家的关注。
First of all:adv.首先;
There's nothing quite like being in a room full of people like this, where all of you are giving your attention to me. 还没什么比得上在这个 全是人的屋子里面, 你们所有人都在关注着我。
It's a powerful feeling, to get attention. 获得关注是一种强大的感觉。
I'm an actor, so I'm a bit of an expert on, well, nothing, really. 我是个演员,所以我对什么都懂得不深,真的。
(Laughter) (笑声)
But I do know what it feels like to get attention -- 但我倒是知道被关注是什么感觉——
I've been lucky in my life to get a lot more than my fair share of attention. 我这一生足够幸运 得到比我应得的更多的关注。
And I'm grateful for that, because like I said, it's a powerful feeling. 并且我对此充满感激, 因为如我所说,这是种强大的感觉。
But there's another powerful feeling that I've also been lucky to experience a lot as an actor. 但还有另一种强大的感觉 是我作为演员也足够幸运 能体验很多东西。
And it's funny, it's sort of the opposite feeling, because it doesn't come from getting attention. 这点很有趣,这是一种相反的感觉。 因为它不是来自获得关注。
It comes from paying attention. 它来自予以关注。
When I'm acting, 当我表演时,
I get so focused that I'm only paying attention to one thing. 我专注到我只关注一件事情。
Like when I'm on set and we're about to shoot and the first AD calls out "Rolling!" 就像在片场,我们要开始拍摄的时候, 第一个词叫做“开机!”
And then I hear "speed," " marker ," "set," 然后我听到“录音常速”,“打板”,“就位”,
marker:n.记分员;书签;标识物;作记号的人;
and then the director calls "Action!" 再然后导演喊“开拍!”
I've heard that sequence so many times, like, it's become this Pavlovian magic spell for me. 我已经听过这些好多次了, 对我来说这已经是习以为常的魔咒了。
sequence:n.顺序; v.按顺序排列; Pavlovian:adj.经典条件反射的;
'"Rolling," "speed," "marker," "set" and "action." “开机”,“录音常速”,“打板”, “就位”和“开拍”。
Something happens to me, I can't even help it. 发生在我身上的事情, 我甚至都无法控制。
My attention ... 我的注意力……
narrows. 变窄了。
And everything else in the world, anything else that might be bothering me or might grab my attention, it all goes away, and I'm just ... there. 世界上的其他事物, 任何可能会打扰我或 吸引我注意力的东西, 全消失了,我只是……在那里。
bothering:v.使某人烦恼或担忧;打扰;(bother的现在分词) grab:v.攫取;霸占;将…深深吸引;n.攫取;霸占;夺取之物;
And that feeling, that is what I love, that, to me, is creativity. 那种感觉,是我所爱的, 那,对我而言,就是创造力。
And that's the biggest reason I'm so grateful that I get to be an actor. 这是我非常感激成为演员的最大理由。
So, there's these two powerful feelings. 所以,有两种强大的感觉。
There's getting attention and paying attention. 那就是获得关注和给予关注。
Of course, in the last decade or so, new technology has allowed more and more people to have this powerful feeling of getting attention. 当然,在过去10多年左右, 新技术已经让越来越多的人 能够拥有获得关注的强大感觉。
technology:n.技术;工艺;术语;
For any kind of creative expression , not just acting. 任何类型的创作表达,不仅限于表演。
creative:adj.创造性的; expression:n.表现,表示,表达;
It could be writing or photography or drawing, music -- everything. 可以是写作、摄影、绘画、音乐等等。
photography:n.摄影;摄影术;
The channels of distribution have been democratized , and that's a good thing. 分发渠道已经民主化了, 这真是好事情。
distribution:n.分布;分配;分发;分销; democratized:vt.使民主化;使大众化;vi.民主化;大众化;
But I do think there's an unintended consequence for anybody on the planet with an urge to be creative -- myself included, because I'm not immune to this. 但我确实认为,对这个星球上任何一个 渴望创新的人来说, 都产生了意想不到的后果—— 包括我在内,因为我也不能免疫。
unintended:adj.无意识的;非计划中的; consequence:n.结果;重要性;推论; immune:adj.免疫的;免于…的,免除的;n.免疫者;免除者;
I think that our creativity is becoming more and more of a means to an end -- and that end is to get attention. 我认为我们的创造力 日渐成为达到目的的手段—— 这个目的是获得关注。
means to an end:达到目的的手段;达到某一目的的手段;手段目的;
And so I feel compelled to speak up because in my experience, the more I go after that powerful feeling of paying attention, the happier I am. 我觉得有必要说出来, 因为根据我的经验, 我追求给予关注的强烈感觉越多, 我就越开心。
compelled:v.强迫;迫使;使必须;引起(反应);(compel的过去分词和过去式)
But the more I go after the powerful feeling of getting attention, the unhappier I am. 但我追求获得关注的感觉越强, 我就越不开心。
unhappier:不快乐的;不高兴的;不幸福的(unhappy的比较级);
(One person claps) (一个人鼓掌)
And -- thanks. 并且——谢谢。
(Laughter) (笑声)
(Applause) (鼓掌)
So this is something that goes way back for me. 这对我来说是很久以前的事情了。
I think the first time I can remember using my acting to get attention, 我记得我第一次用表演来博取注意,
I was eight years old at summer camp . 是 8 岁时在夏令营的时候。
summer camp:n.夏令营;
And I'd been going on auditions for about a year by then, and I'd been lucky to get some small parts in TV shows and commercials , and I bragged about it a lot, that summer at camp. 那时我已经试镜一年了, 我很幸运地得到了一些电视节目 和广告中的小角色, 在夏令营的时候,我经常吹嘘这一点。
auditions:n.试演; v.试演; commercials:n.商业广告;宣传;商业股票;(commercial的复数) bragged:v.吹嘘;自吹自擂;(brag的过去分词和过去式)
And at first, it worked. 起初,这很凑效。
The other kids gave me a bunch of extra attention, because I had been on "Family Ties." 其他孩子给了我很多额外的关注, 因为我上过《亲情纽带》。
a bunch of:一群;一束;一堆; extra:adj.额外的:n.额外的事物:adv.额外:另外:
That's a picture of me on "Family Ties." 那是我在《亲情纽带》的照片。
(Laughter) (笑声)
Then, the tide turned -- 然后,风向变了——
tide:n.潮汐; v.顺应潮水航行;
I think I took it too far with the bragging . 我想可能是我吹牛太过了。
bragging:v.吹嘘;自吹自擂;(brag的现在分词)
And then, the other kids started to make fun of me. 然后,其他孩子开始取笑我。
make fun of:取笑;
I remember there was this one girl I had a crush on, Rocky . 我记得我迷恋过一个女孩,洛基。
crush:v.压碎;弄皱,变形;使…挤入;n.粉碎;迷恋;压榨;拥挤的人群; Rocky:adj.岩石的;多岩石的;困难的;难以维持的;
Her name was Rachel, she went by Rocky. 她名字叫瑞秋,外号洛基。
And she was beautiful, and she could sing, and I was smitten with her, and I was standing there, bragging. 她很漂亮,她会唱歌, 我被她迷住了,我站在那里吹牛。
smitten:v.打击,摧毁(smite的过去分词);
And she turned to me and she called me a show-off . 她转向我,说我是个爱炫耀的人。
show-off:n.爱炫耀的人;爱卖弄的人;
Which I 100 percent deserved . 她说的百分百没错。
deserved:adj.值得的;该奖[罚]的;v.值得;应得;应受;(deserve的过去分词和过去式)
But you know, it still really hurt. 但你懂的,真是很伤。
And ever since that summer, 从那个夏天开始,
I've had a certain hesitance to seek attention for my acting. 我在为自己的表演寻求关注时 会有所犹豫。
hesitance:n.踌躇;犹豫; seek:v.寻求;寻找;谋求;
Sometimes, people would ask me, "Wait a minute, if you don't like the attention, then why are you an actor?" 有时候,人们会问我, “等会,如果你不想被注意, 那么为什么你要做演员?”
And I'd be like, "Because that's not what acting's about, man, it's about the art." 我会这样说, “因为演戏不是为了这个, 伙计,这是艺术。
And they'd be like, "OK, OK, dude ." 他们会说:“好吧,好吧,老兄”
dude:n.男人,小伙子;(非正式)花花公子;
(Laughter) (笑声)
And then Twitter came out. 然后推特出来了。
And I got totally hooked on it, just like everybody else, which made me into a complete hypocrite . 就像其他人一样,我完全迷上了, 这让我变成了个彻头彻底的伪君子。
hooked:adj.弯曲的; v.(使)钩住,挂住; (hook的过去分词和过去式) hypocrite:n.伪君子;伪善者;
Because at that point, 因为那一刻,
I was absolutely using my acting to get attention. 我绝对是在用我的表演博取关注。
absolutely:adv.绝对地;完全地;
I mean, what, did I think I was just getting all these followers because of my brilliant tweets ? 我的意思是,什么,我以为是因为我精彩的推文 才得到这么多粉丝?
tweets:n.啾啾声,小鸟叫声(tweet的复数形式);v.鸣叫(tweet的三单形式);
I actually did think that -- I was like -- 我确实这么想过——我有些——
(Laughter) (笑声)
'"They don't just like me because they saw me in ' Batman ,' they like what I have to say, I've got a way with words ." “他们不只是因为在《蝙蝠侠》 中看到我才喜欢我, 他们喜欢我说的话, 我的文字很有一套。”
Batman:n.勤务兵;传令兵;蝙蝠侠; a way with words:长于言辞;
(Laughter) (笑声)
And then in no time at all , it started having an impact on my dearly beloved creative process . 然后很快, 它开始影响我心爱的创作旅程。
in no time at all:立刻;太快了; impact:n.影响;效果;碰撞;冲击力;v.挤入,压紧;撞击;对…产生影响; dearly:adv.深深地;昂贵地; beloved:adj.心爱的;挚爱的;n.心爱的人;亲爱的教友; process:v.处理;加工;列队行进;n.过程,进行;方法,adj.经过特殊加工(或处理)的;
It still does. 它仍然是。
I try not to let it. 我试着不让它发生。
But you know, I'd be sitting there, like, reading a script . 但是,我坐在那里,比如阅读脚本时。
script:n.剧本;电影剧本;笔迹;广播(或讲话等)稿;v.为电影(或戏剧等)写剧本;
And instead of thinking, "How can I personally identify with this character?" 可不是这样想, “我个人如何认同这个角色?”
personally:adv.个人;亲自;本人;就本人而言; identify:v.识别:鉴定:确认:发现:
Or "How is the audience going to relate to this story?" 或者“观众将如何看待这个故事?”
I'm like, "What are people going to say about this movie on Twitter?" 而是有点像这样,“人们在推特上 会怎么评价这部电影?”
And "What will I say back that will be good and snarky enough to get a lot of retweets, but not too harsh , because people love to get offended , and I don't want to get canceled?" 以及“我怎么回复才能让 这些话足够好,足够尖锐, 能得到很多转发, 但又不会太刻薄, 因为人们喜欢被冒犯, 并且我可不想被取消关注?”
snarky:尖锐批评的;尖刻的;烦躁的;易怒的; harsh:adj.严厉的;严酷的;刺耳的;粗糙的;刺目的; offended:v.得罪;冒犯;犯罪;犯法;(offend的过去分词和过去式)
These are the thoughts that enter my mind when I'm supposed to be reading a script, trying to be an artist. 当我本该阅读脚本, 努力做一个演员时, 全是这些思想涌入我的头脑。
supposed:adj.误信的;所谓的;v.认为;假设;设想;(suppose的过去分词和过去式)
And I'm not here to tell you that technology is the enemy of creativity. 我在这里并非告诉你们, 技术是创造力的敌人。
I don't think that. 我不这样认为。
I think tech is just a tool. 我认为技术只是个工具。
It has the potential to foster unprecedented human creativity. 它有潜力培育人类 前所未有的创造力。
potential:n.潜能;可能性;[电]电势;adj.潜在的;可能的;势的; foster:vt.培养;养育,抚育;抱(希望等);adj.收养的,养育的; unprecedented:adj.空前的;无前例的;
Like, I even started an online community called HITRECORD, where people all over the world collaborate on all kinds of creative projects, so I don't think that social media or smartphones or any technology is problematic in and of itself. 像是,我甚至建立了一个叫做 HITRECORD 的在线社区, 那里有来自全球各地的人 参与各类创意项目的协作, 因此我不认为社交媒体 或智能手机或任何技术 本身就是有问题的。
community:n.社区;[生态]群落;共同体;团体; collaborate:vi.合作;勾结,通敌; media:n.媒体;媒质(medium的复数);血管中层;浊塞音;中脉; smartphones:智能手机(smartphone的复数); problematic:adj.问题的;有疑问的;不确定的;
But ... 但是……
if we're going to talk about the perils of creativity becoming a means to get attention, then we have to talk about the attention-driven business model of today's big social media companies, right? 如果我们要讨论创造力 成为吸引注意力的手段的危险, 那么我们就得谈谈今天 最大的社交媒体公司 注意力驱动的商业模型,是吧?
perils:n.事故;风险(peril的复数);v.冒险;置…于危险中(peril的第三人称单数);
(Applause) (鼓掌)
This will be familiar territory for some of you, but it's a really relevant question here: 这是你们一些人的熟悉领域, 但这确实是一个相关的问题:
familiar:adj.熟悉的;常见的;亲近的;n.常客;密友; territory:n.领土,领域;范围;地域;版图; relevant:adj.相关的;切题的;中肯的;有重大关系的;有意义的,目的明确的;
How does a social media platform like, for example, Instagram , make money? 一个社交媒体平台 比如,Instagram,如何赚钱?
platform:n.平台; v.把…放在台上[放在高处; Instagram:照片分享(一款运行在iPhone平台上的应用程序);
It's not selling a photo-sharing service -- that part's free. 它不是在售卖照片分享服务—— 这部分是免费的。
So what is it selling? 那么它在卖什么?
It's selling attention. 它在卖注意力。
It's selling the attention of its users to advertisers . 它把自己用户的注意力卖给广告主。
advertisers:n.广告商(advertiser的复数形式);
And there's a lot of discussion right now about how much attention we're all giving to things like Instagram, but my question is: 今天有很多关于我们给予了 Instagram 这样的东西很多注意力的讨论, 但我的问题是:
How is Instagram getting so much attention? Instagram 是如何获得 如此多的注意力的?
We get it for them. 我们给以它们的。
Anytime somebody posts on Instagram, they get a certain amount of attention from their followers, whether they have a few followers or a few million followers. 每次人们在 Instagram 上发照片时, 他们从关注者中获得 一定数量的注意力, 不管他们有几个粉丝还是几百万粉丝。
And the more attention you're able to get, the more attention Instagram is able to sell. 你能博取越多的注意力, Instagram 就能卖出去更多的注意力。
So it's in Instagram's interest for you to get as much attention as possible. 所以对 Instagram 有利的事情是 让你尽可能获得多的关注。
And so it trains you to want that attention, to crave it, to feel stressed out when you're not getting enough of it. 所以它训练你想要获得那种关注, 渴望关注,当你没有得到 足够关注的时候感到压力。
crave:v.渴望;恳求;
Instagram gets its users addicted to the powerful feeling of getting attention. Instagram 让它的用户对 获得关注的强烈感觉上瘾。
addicted:adj.上瘾的;上瘾;成瘾;有瘾;入迷;
And I know we all joke, like, "Oh my God, I'm so addicted to my phone," 我知道我们都开玩笑说,“老天, 我太沉迷于手机了。”
but this is a real addiction . 但这是个真正的上瘾。
addiction:n.瘾;嗜好;入迷;
There's a whole science to it. 这是有科学依据的。
If you're curious , I recommend the work of Jaron Lanier, 如果你好奇,我推荐杰伦·拉尼尔,
curious:adj.好奇的,有求知欲的;古怪的;爱挑剔的; recommend:v.推荐;介绍;劝告;建议;使受欢迎;
Tristan Harris, Nir Eyal. 特里斯坦·哈里斯,尼尔·埃亚尔的作品。
But here's what I can tell you. 但这是我要告诉你的,
Being addicted to getting attention is just like being addicted to anything else. 对获得关注上瘾 就跟对其他东西上瘾一样。
It's never enough. 永远都不够。
You start out and you're thinking, "If only I had 1,000 followers, that would feel amazing." 你一开始会想, “如果我有 1 千粉丝,那一定让我感觉惊奇。”
But then you're like, "Well, once I get to 10,000 followers," 然后你就会想,“一旦我达到 1 万粉丝,”
and, "Once I get to 100 -- 再继续是,“如果我有 100——
Once I get to a million followers, then I'll feel amazing." 一旦我有百万粉丝,那么我一定感觉惊奇。”
So I have 4.2 million followers on Twitter -- it's never made me feel amazing. 于是我在推特上有 420 万粉丝—— 这从没让我感到惊奇。
I'm not going to tell you how many I have on Instagram, because I feel genuine shame about how low the number is, because I joined Instagram after "Batman" came out. 我不打算告诉你们 我在 Instagram 上有多少粉丝, 因为我对这个数字如此之低 感到非常羞愧, 因为我是在《蝙蝠侠》上映后 才加入 Instagram 的。
genuine:adj.真实的,真正的;诚恳的;
(Laughter) (笑声)
And I search other actors, and I see that their number is higher than mine, and it makes me feel terrible about myself. 并且我搜索了其他演员, 我看到他们的粉丝数比我高, 这让我对自己感觉很糟糕。
Because the follower count makes everybody feel terrible about themselves. 因为粉丝数 让人人都对自己感觉糟糕。
follower:n.追随者;信徒;属下;
That feeling of inadequacy is what drives you to post, so you can get more attention, and then that attention that you get is what these companies sell, that's how they make their money. 这种不满足的感觉是促使你发帖的原因, 这样你才能获得更多的注意力, 然后你获得的注意力是这些公司卖的东西, 它们就是这样赚钱的。
inadequacy:n.不适当,不充分;不完全;不十分;
So there is no amount of attention you can get where you feel like you've arrived, and you're like, "Ah, I'm good now." 所以不存在这样的地方, 在那你会觉得你达到了目标, 你会觉得,“啊,我现在就很好。”
no amount of:即使再大(或再多)的…(也不);
And of course, there are a lot of actors who are more famous than I am, have more followers than I do, but I bet you they would tell you the same thing. 当然,也有很多比我出名的演员 粉丝比我多, 但我敢打赌他们会告诉你同样的事情。
bet:n.打赌;赌注;预计;估计;v.下赌注(于);用…打赌;敢说;八成儿;
If your creativity is driven by a desire to get attention, you're never going to be creatively fulfilled . 如果你的创作是被 获得关注的欲望驱使, 你永远不会有创作的成就感。
creatively:adv.创造性地;有创造力地; fulfilled:adj.感到满足的; v.实现; (fulfill的过去式和过去分词)
But I do have some good news. 但我的确有一些好消息。
There is this other powerful feeling. 还有另一种强大的感觉。
Something else you can do with your attention besides letting a giant tech company control it and sell it. 你可以用你的注意力做其他事情, 除了让大型科技公司 控制和出售它外。
besides:adv.此外;而且;prep.除…之外; giant:n.巨人;伟人;巨兽;adj.巨大的;特大的
This is that feeling I was talking about, why I love acting so much -- it's being able to pay attention to just one thing. 这正是我在谈论的那种感觉, 我为什么如此喜欢表演—— 它能让人把注意力放到一件事情上。
pay attention to:注意
Turns out there's actually some science behind this too. 原来这背后确实也有科学原理支撑。
Psychologists and neuroscientists -- they study a phenomenon they call flow, which is this thing that happens in the human brain when someone pays attention to just one thing, like something creative, and manages not to get distracted by anything else. 心理学家和神经学家—— 他们研究了一种他们 称之为“心流”的现象, 这是当人们把注意力只放在 一件事上,比如创意, 并且尽量不被其他事情分心时, 会发生在人类大脑中的现象。
Psychologists:n.[心理]心理学家(psychologist的复数形式); neuroscientists:n.神经系统科学家; phenomenon:n.现象;杰出的人;非凡的人(或事物); distracted:adj.心烦意乱; v.转移(注意力); (distract的过去分词和过去式)
And some say the more regularly you do this, the happier you'll be. 有说法说,你越经常这样做, 你就会越快乐。
regularly:adv.经常地;有规律地;定期的
Now I'm not a psychologist or a neuroscientist. 我现在并不是个心理学家 或神经科学家。
But I can tell you, for me, that is very true. 但我可以告诉你们,对我而言,这非常真实。
It's not always easy, it's hard. 并非那么容易,它很难。
To really pay attention like this takes practice, everybody does it their own way. 像这样真正地集中注意力需要练习, 每个人都有自己的方法。
But if there's one thing I can share that I think helps me focus and really pay attention, it's this: 但有个事情我可以分享, 我认为它帮助了我专注 并真正集中注意力,它是:
I try not to see other creative people as my competitors. 我尽量不把其他有创造力的人 视为我的竞争对手。
I try to find collaborators . 我试着寻找协作者。
collaborators:n.[劳经]合作者;投敌者(collaborator的复数);
Like, if I'm acting in a scene, if I start seeing the other actors as my competitors, and I'm like, "God, they're going to get more attention than I am, 比如,我在一个场景中表演, 如果我开始把其他演员当成 我的竞争对手,我会有些: “老天,他们获得的关注会超过我,
people are going to be talking about their performance more than mine" -- 人们会更多地讨论他们的表现多于我”——
performance:n.性能;表现;业绩;表演;
I've lost my focus. 我就失去了专注。
And I'm probably going to suck in that scene. 我可能会搞砸那个场景。
suck:v.吸吮;吸取;n.吮吸;
But when I see the other actors as collaborators, then it becomes almost easy to focus, because I'm just paying attention to them. 但当我把其他演员当作协作者时, 然后事情就变得更容易专注了, 因为我只需把注意力放在他们身上。
And I don't have to think about what I'm doing -- 我不需要去想我在做什么——
I react to what they're doing, they react to what I'm doing, and we can kind of keep each other in it together. 我对他们做的做出反应, 他们对我做的做出反应, 我们可以彼此专注。
react:v.起反应;回应;(对食物等)有不良反应,过敏;起化学反应;
But I don't want you to think it's only actors on a set that can collaborate in this way. 但我不希望你认为只有片场的演员 才能以这种方式合作。
I could be in whatever kind of creative situation. 我可以在任何创作的情况下这样做。
It could be professional , could be just for fun. 它可以在专业场合,也可以只是为了好玩。
professional:adj.专业的;职业的;职业性的;n.专业人员;职业运动员;
I could be collaborating with people I'm not even in the same room with. 我甚至可以和不在一个房间里的人合作。
collaborating:v.合作;协作;通敌;勾结敌人;(collaborate的现在分词)
In fact, some of my favorite things I've ever made, 事实上,我做过的一个最爱的事情是
I made with people that I never physically met. 我和从未见过面的人协作。
And by the way , this, to me, is the beauty of the internet. 顺便说一句, 对我来说,这就是互联网之美。
by the way:顺便说一下;
If we could just stop competing for attention, then the internet becomes a great place to find collaborators. 如果我们能够停止竞争注意力, 那么互联网就会变成寻找 协作者的伟大地方。
competing:adj.相互冲突的;相互矛盾的;v.竞争;对抗;参加比赛;(compete的现在分词)
And once I'm collaborating with other people, whether they're on set, or online, wherever, that makes it so much easier for me to find that flow, because we're all just paying attention to the one thing that we're making together. 一旦我和其他人协作, 不管他们在片场,或在线,任何地方, 这让我更容易找到那种心流, 因为我们都在集中注意力到 我们共同做的一件事情上。
And I fell like I'm part of something larger than myself, and we all sort of shield each other from anything else that might otherwise grab our attention, and we can all just be there. 我感到我是比我自己更伟大 的东西的一部分, 我们是彼此的盔甲, 挡开任何其他可能夺走 我们注意力的东西, 我们全部人都能真正投入。
shield:n.盾;防护物;保护者;v.遮蔽;包庇;避开;保卫;
At least that's what works for me. 至少这对我有效。
Sometimes. 有时候。
Sometimes -- it doesn't always work. 有时候——它不总是有效。
Sometimes, I still totally get wrapped up in that addictive cycle of wanting to get attention. 有时候,我仍然完全沉浸在想要获取关注的 上瘾怪圈中。
wrapped:adj.极高兴的;十分满意的;v.用…包裹;用…缠绕;(wrap的过去分词和过去式) addictive:adj.使人上瘾的;使人入迷的;
I mean, like, even right now, can I honestly say there's not some part of me here who's like, "Hey, everybody, look at me, I'm giving a TED Talk!" 我意思是,即便现在, 我能真诚地说,我身上 没有一丁点这样想: “嘿,你们看,我在做 TED 演讲!”吗?
(Laughter) (笑声)
There is -- there's, you know, some part. 这是,你懂的,多少有一些。
But I can also honestly say that this whole creative process of writing and giving this talk, it's been a huge opportunity for me to focus and really pay attention to something I care a lot about. 但我可以真诚地说 这整个写作和演讲的整个创作过程, 真是一个巨大的机会让我聚焦于 以及真正把注意力放在 我非常关心的事情上。
So regardless of how much attention I do or don't get as a result , 所以不管我能否从中得到多少关注,
regardless:adj.不管的; v.不顾后果地; as a result:结果;
I'm happy I did it. 我很高兴我这样做了。
And I'm grateful to all of you for letting me. 我很感激你们让我这样做。
So thank you, that's it, you can give your attention to someone else now. 所以谢谢你们,就这样, 现在你可以把注意力放在其他事情上了。
Thanks again. 再次感谢。
(Applause) (鼓掌)