|
|
JoeGebbia_2016-_airbnb是如何建立信任的?_
|
I want to tell you the story about the time I almost got kidnapped in the trunk of a red Mazda Miata. |
我想和你们分享一个故事, 关于我差点被绑到一辆 红色马自达后备箱的故事。 |
It's the day after graduating from design school and I'm having a yard sale . |
那是从设计学校毕业之后第二天, 我在后院里弄了个旧货拍卖。 |
yard sale:n.庭院拍卖会(在自家庭院售卖二手家什);
|
And this guy pulls up in this red Mazda and he starts looking through my stuff . |
这个家伙开着红色马自达过来了, 他停了车并开始打量我的东西。 |
stuff:n.东西:物品:基本特征:v.填满:装满:标本:
|
And he buys a piece of art that I made. |
最后,他买了一件我的艺术作品。 |
And it turns out he's alone in town for the night, driving cross-country on a road trip before he goes into the Peace Corps . |
我得知他今晚在这个镇上是孤身一人, 他正在进行加入美国和平队之前的 穿越美国的汽车旅行。 |
cross-country:adj.越野的,横过田野的;横越全国的;n.越野赛跑; Peace Corps:n.和平队;
|
So I invite him out for a beer and he tells me all about his passion for making a difference in the world. |
于是我请他出去喝了一杯, 他跟我聊到关于 他想要改变世界的所有宏图大略。 |
passion:n.激情;热情;酷爱;盛怒;
|
Now it's starting to get late, and I'm getting pretty tired. |
时间有点晚了, 我也挺累的了。 |
As I motion for the tab , |
当我示意服务员结账时, |
motion:n.动作;移动;手势;请求;意向;议案;v.运动;打手势; tab:n.标签;签条;突耳;凸舌;v.说(某人)适合于(某工作或角色);
|
I make the mistake of asking him, "So where are you staying tonight?" |
我犯了个错误,就是问了他, “那你今晚住哪儿?” |
And he makes it worse by saying, "Actually, I don't have a place." |
他说了一句话,情况就变得更糟了, “实际上,我没地方住。” |
And I'm thinking, "Oh, man!" |
这时候我心想,“哦,天呐!” |
What do you do? |
这可怎么办? |
We've all been there, right? |
我们都遇到过这种情况,对吧? |
Do I offer to host this guy? |
我应该让他住我这里吗? |
But, I just met him -- I mean, he says he's going to the Peace Corps, but I don't really know if he's going to the Peace Corps and I don't want to end up kidnapped in the trunk of a Miata. |
我才刚认识他啊——我是说, 他说他是要去美国和平队, 但我哪知道他到底是不是真的要去啊? 我才不想被绑在那个马自达的,后备箱里就这么玩儿完了。 |
That's a small trunk! |
这后备箱也太小了! |
So then I hear myself saying, "Hey, I have an airbed you can stay on in my living room ." |
之后我听到自己说, “嗨,我还有个气垫床,你可以睡在我客厅里。” |
airbed:n.空气床; living room:n.客厅;起居室;
|
And the voice in my head goes, "Wait, what?" |
而我自己脑海中的声音是, “等等,你在干嘛啊?” |
That night, I'm laying in bed, |
那一晚,我躺在床上, |
I'm staring at the ceiling and thinking, "Oh my god, what have I done? |
盯着天花板开始想, “我的天,我到底做了什么?” |
staring:adj.凝视的,目不转睛的;显眼的;v.凝视;盯着看;显眼;(stare的现在分词)
|
There's a complete stranger sleeping in my living room. |
怎么会让一个完全陌生的人睡在我客厅里? |
What if he's psychotic ?" |
他要是有精神病该怎么办? |
What if:如果…怎么办? psychotic:adj.精神病的;n.精神病患者;疯子;
|
My anxiety grows so much, |
我越来越不安, |
anxiety:n.焦虑;渴望;挂念;令人焦虑的事;
|
I leap out of bed, |
于是从床上坐了起来, |
leap:n.跳越;跳跃;跳高;骤变;v.跳;跳跃;跳越;猛冲;
|
I sneak on my tiptoes to the door, and I lock the bedroom door. |
踮起脚尖偷偷溜到门前, 锁上了卧室的门。 |
sneak:v.溜; n.鬼鬼祟祟的人; adj.暗中进行的; tiptoes:n.脚尖(tiptoe的复数);v.蹑手蹑脚地行进;踮着脚走(tiptoe的三单形式);
|
It turns out he was not psychotic. |
当然,最后证明,他没有精神病。 |
We've kept in touch ever since. |
那以后我们还常常保持联系。 |
And the piece of art he bought at the yard sale is hanging in his classroom; he's a teacher now. |
他把从我这里买的那个艺术品, 一直挂在他的教室里;他现在是个老师。 |
This was my first hosting experience, and it completely changed my perspective . |
这就是我第一次留人住宿的经历, 并且这件事彻底改变了我的看法。 |
hosting:v.主办,主持;主持;做东;(host的现在分词) perspective:n.观点;远景;透视图;adj.透视的;
|
Maybe the people that my childhood taught me to label as strangers were actually friends waiting to be discovered. |
也许,在我童年时期被定义为陌生人的那些人, 其实是等待被发现的朋友。 |
childhood:n.童年;幼年;孩童时期 label:n.标签;标记;谓;唱片公司;v.贴标签于;用标签标明;
|
The idea of hosting people on airbeds gradually became natural to me and when I moved to San Francisco, |
用气垫床留宿别人的想法渐渐变得很自然, 当我搬去旧金山的时候, |
airbeds:n.空气床; gradually:adv.渐渐地;逐步地;
|
I brought the airbed with me. |
我带上了我的气垫床。 |
So now it's two years later. |
两年之后, |
I'm unemployed , I'm almost broke, my roommate moves out, and then the rent goes up. |
我失业了,几乎身无分文, 我的室友搬走了,要支付的租金也变多了。 |
unemployed:adj.失业的;下岗的;n.(集合词)失业者;
|
And then I learn there's a design conference coming to town, and all the hotels are sold out. |
之后我听说,镇上要开一个设计研讨会, 但是所有的宾馆都被订满了。 |
conference:n.会议;研讨会;商讨会;体育协会(或联合会)
|
And I've always believed that turning fear into fun is the gift of creativity. |
我一直坚信,把恐惧变成乐趣 是创造力给予我们的礼物。 |
So here's what I pitch my best friend and my new roommate Brian Chesky: "Brian, thought of a way to make a few bucks -- turning our place into 'designers bed and breakfast ,' |
所以我马上开始拉拢我最好的朋友,也是我的新室友Brian Chesky: “Brian,我想到了个挣零花钱的法子—— 把我们的住所改造成 设计者之家 这么个地方, |
pitch:v.抛:用力扔:针对:触地:n.场地:程度:力度:推销的话:纵摇: bucks:n.元;雄鹿;(buck的复数) bed and breakfast:提供住宿与早餐的;
|
offering young designers who come to town a place to crash, complete with wireless Internet, a small desk space, sleeping mat, and breakfast each morning. |
为匆忙来镇上开会的年轻设计师提供 一个有无线网、小桌子、 睡垫和每日早餐的地方。 |
wireless:adj.无线的;无线电的;n.无线电;v.用无线电发送;
|
Ha!" |
|
We built a basic website and Airbed and Breakfast was born. |
我们建了一个很简易的网页,“气垫床与早餐”就这样诞生了。 |
Three lucky guests got to stay on a 20-dollar airbed on the hardwood floor. |
三个幸运的客人得以靠 硬木地板上的廉价气垫床过夜。 |
hardwood:n.硬木,硬木材;[植][林]阔叶树;
|
But they loved it, and so did we. |
不过他们很满意,我们也是。 |
I swear, the ham and Swiss cheese omelets we made tasted totally different because we made them for our guests. |
我发誓,我们为客人准备的瑞士奶酪蛋卷 味道绝对与众不同,因为是专门为客人准备的。 |
Swiss cheese:n.瑞士干酪(中间有孔); omelets:n.煎蛋饼,煎蛋卷;(omelet的名词复数)
|
We took them on adventures around the city, and when we said goodbye to the last guest, the door latch clicked, |
我们还带他们在城里兜风, 当我们向最后一个客人道别、 锁好门之后, |
latch:vi.占有,抓住;闭锁;vt.闩上;纠缠住某人;n.门闩;
|
Brian and I just stared at each other. |
Brian和我对视了一下,彼此心照不宣。 |
stared:v.盯着看;凝视;注视;(stare的过去分词和过去式)
|
Did we just discover it was possible to make friends while also making rent? |
我们是不是发现了一个既能交朋友, 又能收租金的好生意? |
The wheels had started to turn. |
命运的轮子开始转动了。 |
My old roommate, Nate Blecharczyk, joined as engineering co-founder . |
我的旧室友,Nate Blecharcyzk 加入了我们,成为了工程方面的共同创始人。 |
engineering:n.工程;工程学;v.密谋策划;设计制造;改变…的基因;(engineer的现在分词) co-founder:n.共同创立者;
|
And we buckled down to see if we could turn this into a business. |
之后我们开始努力工作, 看看是否能以此成就大业。 |
buckled:adj.有扣的; v.用扣子把…扣紧;
|
Here's what we pitched investors: "We want to build a website where people publicly post pictures of their most intimate spaces, their bedrooms, the bathrooms -- the kinds of rooms you usually keep closed when people come over. |
这是我们向投资者传达的讯息: “我们想建立一个这样的网站, 让人们可以把他们最私密空间的照片, 比如卧室和卫生间——这种别人来访时 不方便进入的空间——发布到网站上。 |
pitched:adj.倾斜的;v.用力扔;投;抛;投球;当投手;触地;(pitch的过去分词和过去式) intimate:n.知己; v.暗示; adj.亲密的;
|
And then, over the Internet, they're going to invite complete strangers to come sleep in their homes. |
然后,通过网络, 他们还可以邀请陌生人在家里暂住。 |
It's going to be huge!" |
这会是个巨大的市场!“ |
(Laughter) |
|
We sat back, and we waited for the rocket ship to blast off. |
于是我们开始像等火箭升空一样,坐等我们的事业蓬勃发展。 |
blast:n.爆炸; v.爆破;
|
It did not. |
但是,天不遂人愿。 |
No one in their right minds would invest in a service that allows strangers to sleep in people's homes. |
没有人认为让陌生人住在自己家里 是个靠谱的主意,我们也没有获得任何投资。 |
invest:v.投资;(把资金)投入;投入(时间、精力等);授予;
|
Why? |
为什么? |
Because we've all been taught as kids, strangers equal danger. |
因为我们从小就被教导,陌生人 = 危险。 |
Now, when you're faced with a problem, you fall back on what you know, and all we really knew was design. |
当你遇到问题时,往往会回想你所了解的东西, 而我们所了解的,就只有设计。 |
fall back on:转而依靠;求助于;
|
In art school, you learn that design is much more than the look and feel of something -- it's the whole experience. |
在艺术学校里,你会学到, 设计不仅仅关乎外表和感觉——而是整体的体验。 |
We learned to do that for objects, but here, we were aiming to build Olympic trust between people who had never met. |
我们在学校学的是物品设计, 但是在这里,我们的目标是要让素未谋面的人们 彼此产生奥林匹克式的信任。 |
Could design make that happen? |
设计能做到这一点吗? |
Is it possible to design for trust? |
设计可能会带来“信任”吗? |
I want to give you a sense of the flavor of trust that we were aiming to achieve. |
我想带你们体验一下 我们所要实现的“信任”的感觉。 |
flavor:n.情味,风味;香料;滋味;v.加味于;
|
I've got a 30-second experiment that will push you past your comfort zone . |
我会进行一个三十秒的实验, 会把你们推出孰悉的舒适区。 |
comfort zone:n.舒适区;最佳状态;
|
If you're up for it, give me a thumbs-up . |
如果你准备好了,请竖起你的大拇指! |
thumbs-up:n.(表示赞赏的)翘拇指;
|
OK, I need you to take out your phones. |
好,我需要各位拿出你们的手机。 |
Now that you have your phone out, |
手机都拿出来了吧, |
I'd like you to unlock your phone. |
现在请把手机解锁, |
Now hand your unlocked phone to the person on your left. |
现在请把你解锁后的手机递给你左手边的人。 |
(Laughter) |
|
That tiny sense of panic you're feeling right now -- |
现在你们正感觉到的小小的不安—— |
panic:adj.恐慌的;n.惊恐;恐慌;惶恐不安;v.惊慌失措;
|
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
is exactly how hosts feel the first time they open their home. |
就是那些提供住宿的人第一次敞开家门的感觉。 |
hosts:n.主人; v.主办,主持(活动); (host的第三人称单数和复数)
|
Because the only thing more personal than your phone is your home. |
因为能比你的手机更私密的 就是你家了。 |
personal:adj.个人的;身体的;亲自的;n.人事消息栏;人称代名词;
|
People don't just see your messages, they see your bedroom, your kitchen, your toilet. |
人们不仅会看到你的短信, 还会看到你的卧室, 你的厨房,你的卫生间。 |
Now, how does it feel holding someone's unlocked phone? |
现在,拿着别人解锁的手机感觉如何? |
Most of us feel really responsible . |
我们大多数人都会本能地生出一丝责任感。 |
responsible:adj.负责的,可靠的;有责任的;
|
That's how most guests feel when they stay in a home. |
这就是大部分房客在住宿时的感觉。 |
And it's because of this that our company can even exist. |
这也是为什么我们的公司到现在仍然存在的原因。 |
By the way , who's holding Al Gore's phone? |
顺便问一句,你们谁拿到了Al Gore(前美国副总统)的手机? |
By the way:顺便说一下;
|
(Laughter) |
|
Would you tell Twitter he's running for President? |
你能在推特上发一下,他准备要参选总统了吗? |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
(Applause) |
(鼓掌) |
OK, you can hand your phones back now. |
好了,现在你们可以换回手机了。 |
So now that you've experienced the kind of trust challenge we were facing, |
那么各位已经体验了我们曾经面对过的 信任方面的挑战, |
I'd love to share a few discoveries we've made along the way. |
我十分愿意通过这种方式来分享我们的发现。 |
What if we changed one small thing about the design of that experiment? |
如果我们对这次实验的设计 进行一个小改动呢? |
What if your neighbor had introduced themselves first, with their name, where they're from, the name of their kids or their dog? |
如果这次实验是你的邻居首先介绍他们自己,他们的名字, 从哪儿来,他们的孩子,或者小狗的名字呢? |
Imagine that they had 150 reviews of people saying, "They're great at holding unlocked phones!" |
想象一下,随后有150个人评价了他们, “他们很擅长拿着解锁的手机!” |
reviews:n.综述; v.回顾;
|
(Laughter) |
|
Now how would you feel about handing your phone over? |
现在你们觉得把手机交出去感觉怎么样? |
It turns out, a well-designed reputation system is key for building trust. |
事实证明, 一个精心设计的信誉体系是建立信任的关键。 |
well-designed:adj.精心设计的;设计巧妙的;
|
And we didn't actually get it right the first time. |
我们也并不是初次就成功了。 |
It's hard for people to leave bad reviews. |
要让人们留下负面的评论其实挺难的。 |
Eventually , we learned to wait until both guests and hosts left the review before we reveal them. |
最终,我们学到了在展示所有的信息之前, 需要先等待房东与房客都留下评论。 |
Eventually:adv.最后,终于; reveal:v.显示;透露;揭露;泄露;n.揭露;暴露;门侧,窗侧;
|
Now, here's a discovery we made just last week. |
我们上周才发现一件事。 |
We did a joint study with Stanford, where we looked at people's willingness to trust someone based on how similar they are in age, location and geography. |
我们与斯坦福大学合作进行合作, 以年龄、居住地和地理环境相似度为基础, 调查了人们对其他人的信任程度。 |
joint:n.关节; adj.共同的; v.连接,贴合; willingness:n.乐意;心甘情愿;自动自发; location:n.地方;地点;位置;定位
|
The research showed, not surprisingly , we prefer people who are like us. |
研究得出了一个意料之中的结果, 我们更喜欢与我们相似的人。 |
surprisingly:adv.令人惊讶地;出乎意料地 prefer:v.更喜欢;宁愿;提出;提升;
|
The more different somebody is, the less we trust them. |
与我们差异越大的人, 我们越是不信任他们。 |
Now, that's a natural social bias . |
这是一种与生俱来的社会偏见。 |
bias:adv.使有偏见;n.偏见;偏心;偏爱;v.使有偏见;使偏向;adj.斜的;[电]偏动的;
|
But what's interesting is what happens when you add reputation into the mix, in this case, with reviews. |
不过有趣的是,当你把信誉 放在一起考虑的时候会发生什么, 在这里也就是评价。 |
Now, if you've got less than three reviews, nothing changes. |
如果你得到的评价少于三条, 什么都不会改变。 |
But if you've got more than 10, everything changes. |
但是如果你得到超过10条评价, 所有事情就会发生变化。 |
High reputation beats high similarity . |
这时候,高的信誉评价就会比高相似度更可信。 |
similarity:n.类似;相似点;
|
The right design can actually help us overcome one of our most deeply rooted biases . |
正确的设计可以帮助我们克服 扎根心底的认知偏差。 |
overcome:vt.克服;胜过;vi.克服;得胜; biases:n.偏差,偏见(bias的复数形式);v.偏见(bias的三单形式);
|
Now we also learned that building the right amount of trust takes the right amount of disclosure . |
我们也发现要想得到多少信任,就得 公开多少我们自己的信息。 |
disclosure:n.揭露;透露;公开;公开的事情;
|
This is what happens when a guest first messages a host. |
接下来就是房客第一次发信息给房东时的情况。 |
If you share too little, like, "Yo," |
如果你自我介绍得太少,比如,“呦,” |
acceptance rates go down. |
那么你的接受率就会下降。 |
acceptance:n.验收;接受;认可;承认;
|
And if you share too much, like, "I'm having issues with my mother," |
如果你说太多,比如, “我跟我妈闹翻了,” |
issues:n.重要议题;争论的问题;v.宣布;公布;发出;(issue的第三人称单数和复数)
|
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
acceptance rates also go down. |
接受率也会走低。 |
But there's a zone that's just right, like, "Love the artwork in your place. Coming for vacation with my family." |
不过也是有适当的表达, 比如,“喜欢你房间的艺术品,打算和家人一起去度假。” |
So how do we design for just the right amount of disclosure? |
那么,要如何确定怎样才是适当的表达呢? |
We use the size of the box to suggest the right length, and we guide them with prompts to encourage sharing. |
我们通过消息盒子的大小来建议房客合适的字数, 而且我们还适度地引导并鼓励他们分享。 |
prompts:n.[计]提示;提示性语言(prompt的复数形式);
|
We bet our whole company on the hope that, with the right design, people would be willing to overcome the stranger-danger bias. |
我们通过好的设计, 把整个公司 都押在这样一个希望上, 人们愿意克服畏惧陌生人的偏见。 |
bet:n.打赌;赌注;预计;估计;v.下赌注(于);用…打赌;敢说;八成儿;
|
What we didn't realize is just how many people were ready and waiting to put the bias aside. |
但是我们并没有意识到 到底有多少人 已经准备好去克服这种偏见了。 |
This is a graph that shows our rate of adoption . |
这是我们订单接受率的图表。 |
adoption:n.采用;收养;接受;
|
There's three things happening here. |
这张图表说明了三件事。 |
The first, an unbelievable amount of luck. |
第一,运气好得难以置信。 |
unbelievable:adj.(非正式)难以置信的;不可信的
|
The second is the efforts of our team. |
第二,这是我们团队努力的成果。 |
And third is the existence of a previously unsatisfied need. |
第三,我们之前所做的还并不完全令人满意。 |
previously:adv.先前;以前; unsatisfied:adj.不满意的;未得到满足的;
|
Now, things have been going pretty well. |
现在,事情正在越变越好。 |
Obviously, there are times when things don't work out. |
但不可否认,我们也出过一些问题。 |
Guests have thrown unauthorized parties and trashed homes. |
比如客人不经主人同意举办派对, 并且把家里弄得一团糟。 |
unauthorized:adj.非法的;未被授权的;独断的; trashed:v.损坏;抨击;谴责;丢弃;(trash的过去分词和过去式)
|
Hosts have left guests stranded in the rain. |
还有,房客滞留在雨中无法入住,房东却坐视不管。 |
stranded:adj.搁浅的; v.搁浅; (strand的过去式和过去分词);
|
In the early days , I was customer service, and those calls came right to my cell phone. |
在事业早期,我也承担过客服工作, 这些电话一个接一个打到我的手机。 |
early days:初期;为时尚早;前期;
|
I was at the front lines of trust breaking. |
我处在信任破裂的最前线。 |
And there's nothing worse than those calls, it hurts to even think about them. |
实在是没什么要比这些电话更糟了, 任何时候想起来都会觉得心痛。 |
And the disappointment in the sound of someone's voice was and, I would say, still is our single greatest motivator to keep improving . |
电话那头的声音透露出的失望, 说实话,始终都是 我们不停改进的最大动力。 |
motivator:n.动力;激励因素; improving:v.改进;改善;(improve的现在分词)
|
Thankfully , out of the 123 million nights we've ever hosted , less than a fraction of a percent have been problematic . |
感谢上帝,在我们为1.23亿个客户安排了住宿之后, 解决不了的问题越来越少了。 |
Thankfully:adv.感谢地;感激地; hosted:v.主办,主持(活动);做东;(host的过去分词和过去式) fraction:n.分数;小部分;小数;少量; problematic:adj.问题的;有疑问的;不确定的;
|
Turns out, people are justified in their trust. |
这也说明人们调整了他们关于信任的态度。 |
justified in:有理由;
|
And when trust works out right, it can be absolutely magical. |
而信任一旦上了正确的轨道, 不可思议的事情就会发生。 |
absolutely:adv.绝对地;完全地;
|
We had a guest stay with a host in Uruguay, and he suffered a heart attack . |
我们曾经有一个房客在乌拉圭住宿的时候, 遭遇了突发的心脏病。 |
heart attack:n.[医]心肌梗塞
|
The host rushed him to the hospital. |
房东把他送到医院急救, |
They donated their own blood for his operation. |
还为他的手术献了血。 |
donated:v.捐赠,赠送;献(血);捐献(器官);(donate的过去分词和过去式)
|
Let me read you his review. |
让我向各位读一读他的评价: |
(Laughter) |
|
'"Excellent house for sedentary travelers prone to myocardial infarctions . |
“这是一间对需要久坐,容易心肌梗塞的 旅行者来说极好的房子。 |
sedentary:adj.久坐的;坐惯的;定栖的;静坐的; prone:adj.俯卧的;有…倾向的,易于…的; myocardial:adj.心肌的;n.心肌衰弱; infarctions:n.梗塞;[病理]梗塞形成,梗死形成;
|
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
The area is beautiful and has direct access to the best hospitals. |
这个区域环境优美,而且有一条直通顶级医院的道路。 |
direct access:n.直接存取;随机访问;
|
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
Javier and Alejandra instantly become guardian angels who will save your life without even knowing you. |
Javier和Alejandra是那种就算不认识你 也会立刻救你命的守护天使。 |
guardian:n.[法]监护人,保护人;守护者;adj.守护的;
|
They will rush you to the hospital in their own car while you're dying and stay in the waiting room while the doctors give you a bypass . |
当你快要不行了的时候,他们会急忙开车带你去医院急救, 在你做搭桥手术的时候他们也会在等候室等着你。 |
waiting room:na.候车室; bypass:vt.绕开;忽视;设旁路;迂回;n.旁路;[公路]支路;
|
They don't want you to feel lonely, they bring you books to read. |
他们不想让你感到孤独,还会带书来给你读。 |
And they let you stay at their house extra nights without charging you. |
并且之后他们还会多留你几晚并且不收一分钱。 |
extra:adj.额外的:n.额外的事物:adv.额外:另外:
|
Highly recommended !" |
强力推荐!” |
Highly:adv.高度地;非常;非常赞许地; recommended:v.推荐;举荐;介绍;劝告;建议;(recommend的过去分词和过去式)
|
(Applause) |
(掌声) |
Of course, not every stay is like that. |
当然,并不是所有人住宿时都会发生这样的事情。 |
But this connection beyond the transaction is exactly what the sharing economy is aiming for. |
但是,这种超越交易的联系 就是“分享经济”要达到的目标。 |
transaction:n.处理;业务;办理; economy:n.经济;节约;理财;
|
Now, when I heard that term, |
当我听到这个词的时候, |
I have to admit, it tripped me up. |
我得承认,我的思路真的有点跟不上。 |
tripped:v.绊;绊倒;将…绊倒;使跌倒;脚步轻快地走;(trip的过去分词和过去式)
|
How do sharing and transactions go together? |
如何把分享和交易绑到一起? |
transactions:n.处理,[图情]会报;汇报(transaction复数);
|
So let's be clear; it is about commerce . |
所以让我们来理清这件事;这与商业有关。 |
commerce:n.商业;(尤指国际间的)贸易;商务;
|
But if you just called it the rental economy, it would be incomplete . |
不过,如果你只是把这叫做“房租经济”, 还不算是很完整的定义。 |
rental:n.租金收入,租金;租赁;adj.租赁的;收取租金的; incomplete:n.未完成;adj.不完整的;不完全的;不完善的;
|
The sharing economy is commerce with the promise of human connection. |
“分享经济”是人们交流承诺的商业行为。 |
People share a part of themselves, and that changes everything. |
人们把自己的一部分分享出来, 之后一切就改变了。 |
You know how most travel today is, like, |
大家知道,现在的旅行就像, |
I think of it like fast food -- it's efficient and consistent , at the cost of local and authentic . |
我想就像快餐—— 高效而且大同小异, 但却牺牲了当地的风土人情。 |
fast food:adj.供应快餐的;n.快餐食品; efficient:adj.有效率的;有能力的;生效的; consistent:adj.始终如一的,一致的;坚持的; at the cost of:以…为代价; authentic:adj.真正的,真实的;可信的;
|
What if travel were like a magnificent buffet of local experiences? |
如果旅行更像是当地风味的 豪华自助餐呢? |
magnificent:adj.高尚的;壮丽的;华丽的;宏伟的; buffet:n.自助餐; vt.对…打来打去; adj.快餐式的
|
What if anywhere you visited, there was a central marketplace of locals offering to get you thoroughly drunk on a pub crawl in neighborhoods you didn't even know existed. |
如果你在每个游览的地方 都能在当地中心集市里 一个你完全不认识社区酒吧 喝到酩酊大醉。 |
marketplace:n.市场;集市; thoroughly:adv.彻底地,完全地; pub crawl:逐店饮酒;
|
Or learning to cook from the chef of a five-star restaurant? |
或者是从一个五星级酒店的大厨那里学做菜? |
five-star:adj.五星级的;第一流的,最高级的;
|
Today, homes are designed around the idea of privacy and separation . |
现如今,房子的设计理念都以私隐和分隔为主。 |
privacy:n.隐私;秘密;隐居;隐居处; separation:n.分离;分开;分割;隔离;
|
What if homes were designed to be shared from the ground up ? |
要是房子的设计从一开始就融入了分享的概念会怎么样呢? |
from the ground up:从头开始;彻底;
|
What would that look like? |
看起来会如何呢? |
What if cities embraced a culture of sharing? |
如果城市拥抱了分享的文化呢? |
embraced:v.拥抱;欣然接受,乐意采纳;信奉;包含;(embrace的过去分词和过去式)
|
I see a future of shared cities that bring us community and connection instead of isolation and separation. |
我可以预见到,未来这些分享的城市会为我们带来更多的共同点和联系, 而不是孤独与分离。 |
community:n.社区;[生态]群落;共同体;团体;
|
In South Korea, in the city of Seoul , they've actually even started this. |
在韩国,首尔这个城市, 人们已经着手开始行动了。 |
Seoul:n.[城]首尔;
|
They've repurposed hundreds of government parking spots to be shared by residents . |
他们把数以百计的政府停车位 改造之后分享给市民们使用。 |
repurposed:vt.改换意图;重新目的化; residents:n.居民;住院医生;房客;(resident的复数)
|
They're connecting students who need a place to live with empty-nesters who have extra rooms. |
他们将需要住宿的学生 与有空房间的房东联系起来。 |
And they've started an incubator to help fund the next generation of sharing economy start-ups . |
他们还设立了孵化器,为下一代“分享经济”的 初创公司提供资金支持。 |
incubator:n.[禽]孵卵器;[儿科]保温箱;早产儿保育器;细菌培养器; fund:n.基金;资金;存款;v.投资;资助; start-ups:起动;新兴公司(start-up的名词复数);
|
Tonight, just on our service, 785,000 people in 191 countries will either stay in a stranger's home or welcome one into theirs. |
今晚,仅仅通过我们的服务平台, 就有来自191个国家, 78.5万的人, 要么会留宿在陌生人家里, 要么是在准备欢迎陌生人来家里住。 |
Clearly, it's not as crazy as we were taught. |
很明显,事实并没有我们小时候被教育得那么夸张。 |
We didn't invent anything new. |
我们其实并没有发明什么新的东西。 |
Hospitality has been around forever. |
热情好客也是传统美德。 |
Hospitality:n.好客;殷勤;
|
There's been many other websites like ours. |
甚至也有很多和我们差不多的网站。 |
So, why did ours eventually take off? |
但是为什么我们最后会越做越大? |
Luck and timing aside, |
抛开运气与时机的原因, |
I've learned that you can take the components of trust, and you can design for that. |
我想我们在这里学到的很重要的一点就是信任, 并且通过设计来实现它。 |
components:n.部件;组件;成份(component复数);
|
Design can overcome our most deeply rooted stranger-danger bias. |
设计可以帮我们克服根植于内心的 陌生等于危险的偏见。 |
And that's amazing to me. |
这一点让我很受鼓舞。 |
It blows my mind. |
也让我觉得耳目一新。 |
I think about this every time I see a red Miata go by. |
每次看到红色马自达驶过,我都会想到这些。 |
Now, we know design won't solve all the world's problems. |
现在,我们知道设计不能解决世界上所有的难题。 |
But if it can help out with this one, if it can make a dent in this, it makes me wonder, what else can we design for next? |
但是如果能帮助我们解决这件事, 能让这件事取得初步的进展, 这不禁让我想到,接下来我们还能设计些什么呢? |
make a dent in:v.削弱;取得有效进展;
|
Thank you. |
谢谢! |
(Applause) |
(掌声) |