返回首页

JacobCollier_2017-_单人独奏的视觉音乐飨宴_

(Music) (音樂)
(Singing) I was walking down the line, trying to find some peace of mind. (唱歌)我沿著路一直走著, 試圖找到內心的平靜。
Then I saw you. 接著我看到了你。
You were takin' it slow and walkin' it one step at a time. 你的腳步很慢,一步一步地走著。
I said, "Listen, stranger, 我說:「聽著,陌生人,
I'm feeling low now. 我現在情緒很低落。
I don't know which way to go." 我不知道該往哪條路走。」
I said, "If you're lost now, maybe I could help you along and sing you a song, and move you on and on and on." 我說:「如果你現在迷路了, 也許我能幫助你,並為你唱首歌, 讓你繼續不斷、 不斷、不斷走下去。」
on and on:继续不停地;
Singing down the line. 延著路一直唱下去。
Where shall we go? Where shall we go? 我們該何去何從?我們該何去何從?
She said, "I'm looking for a kind of shelter. 她說:「我在找某種庇護所。
A place for me to call my own. 一個能稱為屬於我的地方。
I've been walking all night long, but I don't know where to call my home." 我已經走了一整夜了, 但我不知道哪兒才能被稱作我家。」
'"The only way to find that place is close to where my heart is. 「找到那個地方的唯一方式, 就是靠近我的心。
I know I'm gonna get there, but I've got to keep on walking down the line." 我知道我無法到達那裡, 但我得繼續不斷走下去。」
Down the line. 走下去。
Down the line. 走下去。
Thank you so much. 非常感謝。
(Applause) (掌聲)
How's everybody feeling today? You feeling good? 大家今天如何?過得好嗎?
(Cheers) (歡呼)
Fantastic . Would everybody mind singing with me for just one second? 太棒了。大家是否可以 跟我一起唱歌,一下下就好?
Fantastic:奇异的,空想的
Could you sing something? Could you sing a D? 你們能唱 D 大調嗎?
Sing "Ooh." 唱「喔」。
(Audience hums) (觀眾哼唱聲)
Oh -- louder for me, louder for me. 喔-為我唱大聲點,大聲點。
(Singing) Oh. (唱歌)喔。
Now, please, if you could sing, "Oh oh oh." 現在,如果你能唱, 「喔喔喔。」
Audience: Oh oh oh. 觀眾:喔喔喔。
Jacob Collier : Whoa oh oh. 雅各柯里爾:喔喔喔。
Collier:n.矿工;运煤船;
Audience: Whoa oh oh. 觀眾:喔喔喔。
JC: Sing, "Whoa oh." 雅各:喔喔。
Audience: Whoa oh. 觀眾:喔喔。
JC: Oh oh oh. 雅各:喔喔喔。
Audience: Oh oh oh. 觀眾:喔喔喔。
JC: Sing, "Whoa oh oh." 雅各:喔喔喔。
Audience: Whoa oh oh. 觀眾:喔喔喔。
JC: Sing, "Whoa oh oh." 雅各:喔喔喔。
Audience: Whoa oh oh. 觀眾:喔喔喔。
JC: Whoa oh oh. 雅各:喔喔喔。
Audience: Whoa oh oh. 觀眾:喔喔喔。
JC: Sing, "Whoa oh oh." 雅各:喔喔喔。
Audience: Whoa oh oh. 觀眾:喔喔喔。
Thank you so much. That's beautiful. Thank you. 非常謝謝你們。很美。謝謝你們。
(Applause) (掌聲)
Thank you. 謝謝。
So do you feel that motion ? 你們有感受到那種律動嗎?
motion:n.动作;移动;手势;请求;意向;议案;v.运动;打手势;
Do you feel yourself as part of that motion, things moving underneath the surface? 你們有感受到自己置身于 一種暗暗湧動的律動嗎? 音樂和聲的語言是 極度非凡的一種語言。
underneath:prep.在…的下面;在…的支配下;n.下面;底部;adj.下面的;底层的;
So the language of musical harmony is an absolutely extraordinary one. 音樂和聲的語言是 極度非凡的一種語言。
harmony:n.协调;和睦;融洽;调和; absolutely:adv.绝对地;完全地; extraordinary:adj.非凡的;特别的;离奇的;临时的;特派的;
It's a way of navigating one's emotional frameworks, but without the need to put things into words, and I think that, as with many other languages, it doesn't matter how much you know about a language. 它能一種引導人們構架情緒, 卻不需要先用言詞表達出來, 我認為,就像許多其他的語言一樣, 你對一種語言了解多少並不重要,
navigating:v.航行,操纵(navigate的现在分词形式);adj.航行的,航行中; emotional:adj.情绪的;易激动的;感动人的;
It doesn't matter how many words you can say, how many phrases you know. 你能說多少字、認識多少詞 都不重要。
What matters is the emotional choices you make with this language. 重要的是你用這種語言 所做的情緒選擇。
So I encourage us to embrace this idea as a community , which is the thing which in time may grow us towards as opposed to away from our own humanity . 我鼓勵我們以一個社群的身份 一起擁抱這個想法, 它最後會能夠讓我們成長, 朝向我們的人性邁進。
embrace:n.拥抱,怀抱;v.拥抱;乐意采纳(思想、建议等);信奉;包括; community:n.社区;[生态]群落;共同体;团体; opposed:adj.强烈反对; v.反对(计划、政策等); (oppose的过去分词和过去式) humanity:n.人类;人道;仁慈;人文学科;
Thank you so much. 非常感謝。
(Applause) (掌聲)
(Music) (音樂)
(Singing) Take me anywhere you want to go. (唱歌)帶我去 任何你想要去的地方。
You know that my love is strong. 你知道我的愛很強大。
In my hideaway . 在我隱匿之處。
hideaway:n.潜伏处;隐匿处;退隐处;
Softly , like the calm that follows storms, 輕柔地, 就像暴風雨之後的寂靜。
Softly:adv.温柔地;柔和地;柔软地;静静地;
Find what I've been searching for all along. 找到我一直在尋找的東西。
In my hideaway. 在我隱匿之處。
Even when I close my eyes, darling, if you've gone astray , I'm on my way to my hideaway. 即使當我閉上眼睛, 親愛的,如果你迷路了, 我正在前往我隱匿處的路上。
astray:adv.误入歧途地;迷途地;迷路;adj.迷路的;离开正道的;不对头的;
Touch me like I've never loved before, in the place that I adore, in my hideaway. 觸碰我, 彷彿我從來沒有愛過一般, 在我鍾愛的地方, 在我隱匿之處。
I know whichever way the wind may blow, there will be a place for me to go in my hideaway. 我知道, 不論風吹向哪個方向, 總有一個我的去處, 在我隱匿之處。
whichever:pron.任何一个;无论哪个;adj.无论哪个;无论哪些;
My hideaway. 我隱匿之處。
Sticks and stones 樹枝和石頭,
I won't hide from you no more. 我不會再躲避你了。
And in time 總有一天,
I find what I've been searching for. 我會找到我一直在尋找的。
Heard your voice calling out to me. 聽見了你, 呼喚著我的聲音。
I'm on my way to where I can be free. 我已經上路, 前往自由之地。
And if she won't wait for me, do it right, don't look back, keep my heart on the future. 如果她不等我,別犯傻,別回頭, 把我的心留在未來。
On the soles of my shoes all the places I've been that I've known since I knew her. 在我的腳下, 滿是認識她之後, 我所到之處的痕跡。
soles:n.[服装]鞋底,脚底; v.给(鞋等)上底(sole的三单形式);
'Cause it's you, don't you know that you're making me guess that you're the one for me. 因為那是你, 你難道不知道你讓我覺得 你是我的真命天女。
That it's you that I guess that I wanted to know all along. 我在想, 我一直想要認識的人就是你。
Girl, it's you that I want, that makes me complete, cause you're the one for me. 女孩,我想要的是你, 是你讓我完整, 因為你是我的真命天女。
It's thanks to you that I guess that I want you to know I belong. 感謝你讓我明瞭我心之所屬。
One, two, three, four, five. 一、二、三、四、五。
(Applause) (掌聲)
Thank you so much. Thank you. 非常謝謝你們。謝謝你們。
(Applause) (掌聲)
Thank you. 謝謝。
Thanks so much. Thank you guys. 非常感謝。謝謝你們。
Kelly Stoetzel: OK, Jacob. Wow. 凱莉史托伊佐:雅各,哇。
OK, we have some questions. JC: OK. 好,我們有些問題要請教你。 雅各:好的。
KS: That was spectacular . 凱莉:好壯觀的演出。
spectacular:adj.壮观的;壮丽的;令人惊叹的;n.壮观的场面;精彩的表演;
JC: Thank you, Kelly. Thank you. 雅各:謝謝你,凱莉。謝謝你。
KS: Those visualizations we just saw, those were happening in real time , yeah? 凱莉:我們剛看到的 那些視覺化效果, 是實時產生的,對嗎?
visualizations:n.[计]可视化(visualization的复数形式);直观化; real time:adj.实时的;接到指示立即执行的;
JC: Yeah, so everything visual takes cues from things which are audial, or something, if that's a word, and so everything is real time. 雅各:是的,所有視覺化的部分 都是由「聽覺性」變來的, 如果有這個詞的話。 所以一切都是即時的。
cues:n.开端,线索;提示,关键;球杆;诱因(cue的复数形式);
I cue the loops , I play the instruments and then the tree, for example, that you saw grow, grows in such a way that it takes low long notes and grows thick long branches, and it takes high, quiet notes, whatever, and then it grows thin, small branches. 我切入迴圈,我演奏樂器, 接著就有,比如,樹木出現, 可以看到它長大, 長大的方式是,用很低很長的音符 就會長出濃密的長枝, 用很高很安靜的音符, 就會長出小細枝。
loops:n.[计]循环(loop复数); v.使...成环,以圈结,以环连结(loop的第三人称单数形式); instruments:n.器械;仪器;器具;手段(instrument的复数)
And then my singing voice sort of blows wind against the tree. 接著是我唱歌的聲音, 有點像是對著樹木刮起風來。
KS: So you're 22 years old. JC: Yes, indeed. 凱莉:所以,你二十二歲。 雅各:是的,沒錯。
Moderator : You played all of that by yourself. 凱莉:你自己一個人 演奏所有那些東西。
Moderator:n.[核]慢化剂;仲裁人;调解人;缓和剂;
How did you get started and how did this all evolve ? 你是怎麼開始的? 這一切都是怎麼來的?
evolve:v.(使)逐渐形成;进化;进化形成;
JC: I have this magical room in my house in North London, which is, like, over there. 雅各:我的房子裡 有間很魔幻的房間, 在北倫敦,就在那裡。
(Cheers) (歡呼)
Thank you. Represent North London. 謝謝你代表北倫敦。
Represent:v.代表;表现;描绘;回忆;再赠送;
And this room -- I mean, this is my family home. 這間房間-我的意思是, 這是我們一家人的房子。
I grew up in this room filled with musical instruments, but most importantly, I had a family who encouraged me to invest in my own imagination , and so things I created, things I built were good things to be building just because I was making them, and I think that's such an important idea. 我在這間滿是樂器的房間中長大, 但最重要的是, 我的家人鼓勵我投資 我自己的想像力, 我所創造、建立的東西, 都是值得去做的好東西, 就因為是我親手在做。 我認為這一點很重要。
invest:v.投资;(把资金)投入;投入(时间、精力等);授予; imagination:n.想象;想象力;创造力;想象的事物;
But this room was my paradise , essentially , and when I came to tour my album, which is called "In My Room," 這間房間簡直就是我的天堂, 我在做 「在我的房間裡」專輯巡迴時,
paradise:n.天堂;至福境地; essentially:adv.本质上;本来;
I thought I'd try and tour the room on the road, and that's quite a strange idea, but it's something that I've been working on for a couple of years, and it's quite exciting to be inside the circle. 曾經嘗試順帶展示這房間, 雖然有點奇怪, 但我已經為之努力了好幾年, 現在夢想成真。 能在這樣的環境下表演,我很興奮。
KS: So this is really like the setup in your room, here. 凱莉:所以,這真的就是 你房間的佈局嗎?
JC: It kind of is. It's similar to the room in the sense that I can generate things on the spot and I can be spontaneous , which is what I think both music and all of the best ideas are all about. 雅各:算是。它和我房間很相似, 都有能讓我當場、自主創作的氛圍, 我認為這就是音樂以及 所有最佳點子的關鍵所在。
generate:v.产生;引起; on the spot:adj.现场的; spontaneous:adj.自发的;自然的;无意识的;
KS: So you won two Grammys for a record that you made in your room by yourself. 凱莉:你憑一張在自己房間自製的唱片
Grammys:n.格莱美,格莱美奖(Grammy的复数);
And how is that even possible? We couldn't have done that, that couldn't have happened five years ago even. 這怎麼可能? 我們就不可能辦到, 五年前也沒人辦到。
JC: It's a brand new world. 雅各:這是個全新的世界。
brand new:adj.崭新的;最近获得的;
The power is now in the hands of the creator, as I'm sure you guys would agree, as opposed to the big record company executive or the big man or something like that. 現在主動權掌控在創作者的手中, 我相信你們會同意, 主動權不是在大型唱片公司主管 或是大人物之類的手中。
in the hands of:由…掌握;在…掌握中; executive:n.管理人员; adj.经营管理的;
It's somebody with a good idea. 而是屬於能想出好點子的人。
Here I am at TED saying this to you guys who know this already, but it's somebody with a good idea who can sow that seed. 我在 TED 對各位說這些 其實你們都已經知道的事, 重點是能想出好點子的人 才能播下希望的種子,
sow:n.母猪; v.播种; adj.(美)雌的;
That's the person who carries the torch into the world. 是他將火把帶到了世界。
torch:n.火炬;手电筒;火把;v.纵火烧(建筑物或汽车);
And yeah, I made this album completely on my own and I didn't wait for somebody to say, "Hey Jacob, you should make an album on your own." 是的,我完全靠自己 製作了這張唱片, 我沒有等待別人說: 「嘿,雅各,你應該 自己製作一張唱片。」
I just went ahead and made it and I didn't mind what people thought, and two Grammys is a massive bonus. 我只是直接行動了, 我不在乎別人怎麼想, 而兩座葛萊美獎是很大的獎賞。
massive:adj.大量的;巨大的,厚重的;魁伟的;
(Applause) (掌聲)
KS: Thank you so much, Jacob. JC: Thanks, Kelly. Thanks so much. 凱莉:非常謝謝你,雅各。 雅各:謝謝,凱莉,非常感謝。
(Applause) (掌聲)