|
|
JR_2012-_一年”颠覆“世界_
|
Twelve years ago, I was in the street writing my name to say, "I exist." |
十二年前,我在街道上写下我的名字 以此证明,我活着 |
Then I went to taking photos of people to paste them on the street to say, "They exist." |
然后我转为给人们拍照并将照片贴在大街上 以此证明,他们活着 |
paste:v.粘贴; n.面团; adj.人造的;
|
From the suburbs of Paris to the wall of Israel and Palestine, the rooftops of Kenya to the favelas of Rio, paper and glue -- as easy as that. |
从巴黎的郊区到以色列和巴基斯坦的街墙 从肯尼亚的屋顶 到里约的贫民区 我只用了纸和胶水,就这么简单 |
suburbs:n.郊外(suburb的复数); Israel:n.以色列(亚洲国家);犹太人,以色列人; rooftops:n.屋顶;adj.屋顶上的; favelas:n.(巴西)贫民窟(favela的复数); glue:n.胶;胶水;v.粘贴;
|
I asked a question last year: |
我去年发现了一个问题 |
Can art change the world? |
艺术能改变世界吗 |
Well let me tell you, in terms of changing the world there has been a lot of competition this year, because the Arab Spring is still spreading, the Eurozone has collapsed ... what else? |
让我告诉你吧 在改变世界这方面,今年涌现了很多竞争场面 因为“阿拉伯之春”还在蔓延 欧元区开始崩溃,还有... |
competition:n.竞争;比赛,竞赛; Eurozone:n.欧元区; collapsed:v.倒塌,坍塌;倒下,昏倒;坐下;(collapse的过去分词和过去式)
|
The Occupy movement found a voice, and I still have to speak English constantly . |
“占领运动”掀起了抗议 而且我还得不断地说英文 |
Occupy:v.占据,占领;居住;使忙碌; constantly:adv.不断地;时常地;
|
So there has been a lot of change. |
所以这个世界有太多的变化 |
So when I had my TED wish last year, |
当我去年在“TED愿望”时 |
I said, look, I'm going to switch my concept. |
我说,看,我要扭转我的观念 |
You are going to take the photos. |
你们把照片拍下来 |
You're going to send them to me. |
然后发给我 |
I'm going to print them and send them back to you. |
我会打印出来然后再发回给你 |
Then you're going to paste them where it makes sense for you to place your own statement . |
只有你找到可以发表你感想的地方 你就把照片贴上去 |
statement:n.声明;陈述,叙述;报表,清单;
|
This is Inside Out. |
这个就是“颠覆计划”(Inside Out) |
One hundred thousand posters have been printed this year. |
今年已经打印了十万张海报了 |
posters:n.海报;巨幅装饰画;发布消息的人;(poster的复数)
|
Those are the kind of posters, let me show you. |
这里有些海报,我给你们看下 |
And we keep sending more every day. |
而且我们每天都在不断增加发送量 |
This is the size. |
就是这个尺寸 |
Just a regular piece of paper with a little bit of ink on it. |
就是一张正常的纸张,上面再加点油墨 |
This one was from Haiti . |
这张是来自海地的 |
Haiti:n.海地;
|
When I launched my wish last year, hundreds of people stood up and said they wanted to help us. |
在我去年发表愿望的时候 数以百计的人们都站起来说想帮我们实现 |
launched:v.发射;发起;开展;开始;(launch的过去式和过去分词)
|
But I say it has to be under the conditions I've always worked: no credit, no logos , no sponsoring . |
但我说 这必须得按着我一直以来的方式才行 不要贷款,不要徽标,不要赞助商 |
logos:n.理念; sponsoring:v.赞助;主办;促成;为慈善活动捐资;(sponsor的现在分词)
|
A week later, a handful of people were there ready to rock and empower the people on the ground who wanted to change the world. |
一周以后,有些人已经开始摩拳擦掌了 并且当场授权了 那些想要改变世界的人 |
empower:vt.授权,允许;使能够;
|
These are the people I want to talk about to you today. |
这些人是我今天想跟你们提一提的 |
Two weeks after my speech, in Tunisia , hundreds of portraits were made. |
我的演讲后的两周,在突尼斯 他们制作了数百张肖像 |
Tunisia:n.突尼斯(非洲国家); portraits:n.肖像;半身照;详细的描述;描绘;(portrait的复数)
|
And they pasted [over] every single portrait of the dictator |
而且他们将这些自己的肖像 |
pasted:adj.膏的(胶的;浆糊的); dictator:n.独裁者;命令者;
|
[with] their own photos. |
贴在每一张独裁者肖像海报上面 |
Boom ! This is what happened. |
哇!就是这样发生了 |
Boom:n.繁荣;吊杆;v.激增;繁荣昌盛;轰鸣;轰响;adj.(美)猛涨起来的;
|
Slim and his friends went through the country and pasted hundreds of photos everywhere to show the diversity in the country. |
Slim和他的朋友们走遍了整个国家 在这个国家到处粘贴了数百张的海报 以此展示它的多样性 |
Slim:adj.苗条的;纤细的;单薄的;微薄的;n.(非洲用语)艾滋病;v.减肥; diversity:n.差异(性):多样性:多样化:
|
They really make Inside Out their own project. |
他们确实把“Insight Out计划”当作自己的事业 |
Actually, that photo was pasted in a police station , and what you see on the ground are ID cards of all the photos of people being tracked by the police. |
事实上,那张照片是贴在警局的 另外你看看地面 都是警局通缉照片里的人的身份证 |
police station:n.警察局;派出所; tracked:v.跟踪;追踪;(track的过去分词和过去式)
|
Russia. Chad wanted to fight against homophobia in Russia. |
在俄罗斯,Chad想对同性恋恐惧症表示抗议 |
homophobia:n.对同性恋的恐惧;对同性恋的憎恶;
|
He went with his friends in front of every Russian embassy in Europe and stood there with the photos to say, "We have rights." |
他和他的朋友前往了欧洲的各个俄罗斯大使馆 带着照片站在那 说,“我们拥有权利。” |
embassy:n.大使馆;大使馆全体人员;
|
They used Inside Out as a platform for protest . |
他们借“颠覆计划”作为抗议的平台 |
platform:n.平台; v.把…放在台上[放在高处; protest:n.抗议;抗议书(或行动);反对;v.(公开)反对;抗议;申辩;
|
Karachi , Pakistan. |
在巴基斯坦的卡拉奇 |
Karachi:n.卡拉奇(巴基斯坦港市);
|
Sharmeen is actually here. |
Sharmeen今天也在这儿 |
She organized a TEDx action out there and made all the unseen faces of the city on the walls in her town. |
她在那里组织了一场TEDx行动 在家里那个镇上,她把这个城市鲜为人知的面孔 都粘贴到了墙上 |
organized:adj.有组织的; v.组织; (organize的过去分词和过去式) unseen:adj.看不见的,未看见的;未经预习的;n.(事前未看过原文的)即席翻译;
|
And I want to thank her today. |
今天我想借此对她表示感谢 |
North color ="Black"> Dakota . Standing Rock Nation, in this color ="Black"> Turtle Island, [unclear name] from the Dakota Lakota tribe wanted to show that the color ="Black"> Native Americans are still here. |
北达科他州立岩印第安保留区 在龟岛上,来自达科拉科塔族的人(姓名不详) 想要告诉大家美洲原住民仍在这儿 |
color:颜色 Dakota:n.达科他(美国过去一地区名,现分为南,北达科他州);adj.达科他人的; Turtle:海龟,乌龟
|
The seventh generation are still fighting for their rights. |
第七代的子孙依旧在为他们的权利而争取着 |
He pasted up portraits all over his reservation . |
他在这个保留区贴满了海报 |
reservation:n.预约,预订;保留;
|
And he's here also today. |
他今天也在现场 |
Each time I get a wall in New York, |
每次我在纽约拥有一面墙可以创作时 |
I use his photos to continue spreading the project. |
我都会用他的照片继续传播这个项目 |
Juarez: You've heard of the border -- one of the most dangerous borders in the world. |
墨西哥华瑞兹市,你们应该听过这个边界 世上最险恶的边界之一 |
Monica has taken thousands of portraits with a group of photographers and covered the entire border. |
Monica已带着上千幅海报和一个摄影师团队 将海报贴满边界 |
Do you know what it takes to do this? |
你知道这要付出什么代价吗? |
People, energy, make the glue, organize the team. |
人力,精力,粘胶,组队 |
It was amazing. |
很了不起 |
While in Iran at the same time |
与此同时,在伊朗 |
at the same time:同时;另一方面;与此同时;
|
Abololo -- of course a nickname -- has pasted one single face of a woman to show his resistance against the government. |
Abololo——绰号而已 他贴上一张女人单人照 以表达他对政府的反抗 |
nickname:n.绰号;昵称;v.给…取绰号;叫错名字; resistance:n.电阻;抵抗;阻力;抗力;
|
I don't have to explain to you what kind of risk he took for that action. |
我不需向你们解释太多他这么做所冒的风险 |
There are tons of school projects. |
在学校里也有很多项目 |
Twenty percent of the posters we are receiving comes from schools. |
我们收到的海报20%是来自学校的 |
Education is so essential . |
教育是如此的重要 |
essential:n.要点;要素;实质;必需品;adj.完全必要的;必不可少的;极其重要的;本质的;
|
Kids just make photos in a class, the teacher receives them, they paste them on the school. |
孩子们在课堂上做出照片,老师们则将之收集 然后贴在校园里 |
Here they even got the help of the firemen . |
他们甚至得到了消防员的帮助 |
firemen:n.消防员(fireman的复数);
|
There should be even more schools doing this kind of project. |
学校应该更多地推广这些项目 |
Of course we wanted to go back to Israel and Palestine. |
我们当然想回到以色列和巴基斯坦 |
So we went there with a truck. This is a photobooth truck. |
所以我们坐上一辆货车,这是一辆快照屋货车 |
You go on the back of that truck, it takes your photo, 30 seconds later take it from the side, you're ready to rock. |
你从货车的后面上去,它就能给你拍照 30秒后从车侧取照,你就能大展身手了 |
Thousands of people use them and each of them signs up for a two-state peace solution and then walk in the street. |
使用它的人多不胜数 他们每个人都签署了两国和平共处的解决方案 然后就走上街头 |
two-state:双稳;双态; solution:n.解决方案;溶液;溶解;解答;
|
This is march, the 450,000 march -- beginning of September. |
这是游行,45万人的游行,在九月初 |
They were all holding their photo as a statement. |
他们都举着自己的照片作为宣言 |
On the other side , people were wrapping up streets, buildings. |
另一方面,人们把照片贴满大街和高楼 |
On the other side:另一面;在另一边; wrapping:n.包装材料;包装纸;v.包,裹(礼物等);用…包裹;(wrap的现在分词)
|
It's everywhere. |
到处都是 |
Come on, don't tell me that people aren't ready for peace out there. |
拜托,别告诉我那里的人们不渴望和平 |
These projects took thousands of actions in one year, making hundreds of thousands of people participating , creating millions of views. |
这些项目每年都有成千上万次活动 有数以万计的人们参加其中 制作出无数的景观 |
participating:v.参加;参与(participate的现在分词)
|
This is the biggest global art participatory project that's going on. |
这是目前进行的最大规模的全球性艺术合作项目 |
global:adj.全球的;总体的;球形的; participatory:adj.供人分享的;吸引参与的;
|
So back to the question, "Can art change the world?" |
所以回到那个问题,“艺术能改变世界吗?” |
Maybe not in one year. That's the beginning. |
也许一年改变不了,它才刚起步 |
But maybe we should change the question. |
但或许我们稍微改一下问题 |
Can art change people's lives? |
艺术能改变人的生活吗? |
From what I've seen this year, yes. |
从我今年看到的成果,答案是肯定的 |
And you know what? It's just the beginning. |
你知道吗?它也才是刚刚开始而已 |
Let's turn the world inside out together. |
让我们一起“颠覆”这个世界吧 |
Thank you. |
谢谢 |
(Applause) |
(掌声) |