返回首页

IvanPoupyrev_2019-_你周围的所有东西都可以变成电脑_-

Computers have become truly incredible . 电脑真是太神奇了。
incredible:adj.难以置信的,惊人的;
We are walking around with supercomputers in our pocket. 我们的口袋里时刻都放着超级电脑。
supercomputers:n.[计]巨型计算机,超级计算机;
How amazing is that? 这是多么不可思议啊?
So it is disappointing that the way we use computers, the way we interact with them, hasn't really changed in the last 50 years. 但令人失望的是, 我们使用电脑, 与它们交互的方式 在过去的50年实际上都没有任何改变。
disappointing:adj.令人失望的;v.使失望;使破灭;使落空(disappoint的现在分词) interact:v.互相影响;互相作用;n.幕间剧;幕间休息;
We still use a mouse and keyboards. 我们仍然在使用鼠标和键盘,
We're clicking on screens and buttons. 进行各种点击操作。
Mobile phones are the same. 手机也同样如此。
Mobile:n.手机;汽车;移动电话;adj.活跃的;可动的;
We're just using fingers instead of a mouse. 我们只是用手指替代了鼠标。
So is that it? 就是这样了吗?
Is that what the future looks like? 这就是未来的样子吗?
We're going to be stuck in the screens with our faces not seeing the world around us? 我们将要被困在屏幕里, 再也看不到周围的世界吗?
That's not the future I imagine, or the future I'm attracted to. 这不是我想象中的未来, 或者我想要的未来。
What I've been always interested in is things, physical things we use every day, like things on this table that the family doesn't pay attention to . 我感兴趣的是, 我们每天使用的有形的物体, 比如这个桌子上的, 在家里不容易注意到的东西。
physical:adj.[物]物理的;身体的;物质的;符合自然法则的;n.体格检查; pay attention to:注意
Things tell our story. 事物诉说着我们的故事。
They tell who we are. 它们体现着我们的身份,
They tell a lot about us. 对我们了如指掌。
Let me give you an example. 让我来给大家举个例子。
These are photographs of things a person touched during 24 hours. 这些照片拍的是某个人 过去24小时接触到的所有东西。
What can you tell about him? 关于他,你能说出些什么?
He loves his motorcycle. 他喜欢摩托车,
Right? 对吗?
The biggest thing in his picture. 这是他照片中最大的东西。
What can you tell about this girl? 那么关于这个女孩呢?
She spends all her time on the beach . 她把所有的时间都用在了海滩上。
on the beach:adj.在海滩上;失业的;潦倒的;退休的;
There's a surfboard . 这是冲浪板。
surfboard:n.冲浪板;vi.以冲浪板滑水;
She lives by the sea. 她生活在海边。
What can you tell about this guy? 那关于这个人呢,你们可以想到什么?
He's a chef. 他是个厨师。
Look at all the ingredients he touched during the day, while he was preparing the food, and the computer is a tiny part of his life, this sad thing in the corner. 看看这些他在准备食物的时候, 每天都会接触到的调味料, 电脑只是他生活中非常小的一部分, 这是个角落里的小可怜。
ingredients:n.成分;(尤指烹饪)原料;(成功的)要素;(ingredient的复数)
So if we are using things all the time, and this is a big part of our lives, can things become the way for us to interact with our digital life? 所以如果我们一直在使用某些东西, 那这些东西就是我们生活中 非常大的组成部分, 它们可以成为我们 与电子生活交互的一种方式吗?
digital:adj.数字的;手指的;n.数字;键;
Can the world become your interface ? 这个世界可以变成你们的界面吗?
interface:n.接口;人机界面;连接电路;v.连接;
That was my idea. 这就是我的想法。
I've been working for 20 years on it. 我已经为之工作了20年。
My idea is that in order to interact in digital life, you don't need to have screens and keyboards and mouses. 我的想法就是, 为了与电子生活更好的交互, 你不一定必须使用屏幕,键盘或者鼠标。
You can interact with your digital life just by using the things you use every day. 你可以只是通过使用日常用品 来与你的电子生活进行互动。
And to realize this idea, I need to solve three big challenges. 为了实现这一想法, 我需要去解决三个大的挑战。
Let me tell you about them. 我来详细解释一下。
The first one, obviously: Is it even possible? 第一个,很明显: 这可能吗?
How can you take an everyday thing you use every day and turn it into a computer interface? 如何才能将一个你每天使用的东西, 变成一个电脑界面?
Now I was inspired by the book " Hackers . 我现在的灵感来源于一本叫 《黑客》的书,
inspired:adj.受到启发的; v.鼓舞; (inspire的过去分词和过去式) by the book:adv.按常规;依照惯例; Hackers:n.黑客,骇客;电脑黑客(hacker的复数);
'" I read it when I was a teenager, and one of the essential ideas of this book is that you can change the purpose of things by inventing new technology and then hacking into things and changing them. 十几岁的时候我就读过了, 这本书的精华之一就是, 你可以通过发明新的技术, 侵入并改变一个事物, 来改变它的用途。
essential:n.要点;要素;实质;必需品;adj.完全必要的;必不可少的;极其重要的;本质的; technology:n.技术;工艺;术语; hacking:v.黑客行为;砍;劈;猛踢;(hack的现在分词)
So I've been thinking what kind of technology 所以我一直在思考,我可以发明 一个什么样的技术
I can invent so that I can hack into things you use every day and make them interactive . 让我侵入每天使用的事物, 然后使它们变得可互动。
interactive:adj.合作的;相互影响的;互相配合的;交互式的;n.交互式视频设备;
So when I was working on this thing, 于是我发明了这个传感器,
I invented this sensor which injects structured electric fields into objects and turns them into gesture interfaces . 这个传感器可以将电磁场注入物体 然后将它们变成手势界面。
sensor:n.传感器; injects:vt.注入;注射; structured:adj.有结构的;有组织的;v.组织;构成(structure的过去分词);建造; electric:n.供电;adj.电的;用电的;电动的;发电的; gesture:n.手势;姿势;示意动作;表示;v.做手势;用手势表示; interfaces:n.分界面; v.把界面缝合; (interface的复数)
So this doorknob , unmodified , can become a gesture sensor. 所以这个未更改属性的门把手,
doorknob:n.门把手; unmodified:adj.未更改的,未变的;
It can know how you're touching it. 可以变成一个手势传感器。
It can feel how you're touching it. 它可以感觉到你在如何触碰它。
It makes a circle, or can I grasp . 它可以感知环形手势和抓握的动作。
grasp:n.抓住;理解;控制;v.抓住;领会;
And this doorknob isn't modified. 并且这个把手没有被改造过,
There's nothing special about doorknobs . 这就是个普通的门把手。
doorknobs:n.门把手;
Anything can become interactive. 任何东西都可以变得可互动化。
What about plants? 那么植物呢?
So plants are interesting, because with plants, they can know where you're touching. 植物是非常有趣的, 因为植物可以知道 你所触碰的位置。
You can see the line moving up and down on the image. 你可以看到这条线随着接触位置上下移动。
And that can turn into a musical interface. 它可以变成一个音乐界面。
(Musical tones) (音乐声)
Now, we do have also practical applications: a calendar plant for those who are obsessed about practicality . 我们也有一些实际应用: 为那些执着于实用性的人们 设计的日历植物。
calendar:n.日历;挂历;v.把…记入日程表中; obsessed:v.使痴迷;使迷恋;使着迷;(obsess的过去式和过去分词) practicality:n.实用性,实际性;实际,实例;
We can give things a personality . 我们可以赋予物品个性。
personality:n.性格;个性;人格;魅力;气质;名人;特色;
(Low notes changing in pitch) (低音音符根据音调高低改变)
So in this particular example, the orchid can communicate to you through images and sounds. 所以在这个例子里, 兰花可以根据图像和声音 来和你交流。
orchid:n.兰花;[植]兰科植物;淡紫色;adj.淡紫色的; images:n.印象;声誉;形象;画像;雕像;(image的第三人称单数和复数)
It doesn't like to be touched, so it's created these electric images that are hissing at you. 它不喜欢被触摸, 所以我们创造了这些电子图像 来向你发出声音。
hissing:n.蔑视;发嘶嘶声;v.发出嘘声;发嘶嘶声(hiss的ing形式);
This plant, for example, is more robust , it's a snake plant, and it likes playing with you. 比如说这个植物, 更茁壮一些, 它是一株虎尾兰, 它喜欢和你一起玩。
robust:adj.强健的;健康的;粗野的;粗鲁的;
It engages you. 它在吸引你。
engages:从事;
So every thing can be different, and every thing can represent what it feels. 所以所有东西都是不一样的, 并且都可以传达出它的感受。
represent:v.代表;表现;描绘;回忆;再赠送;
So everything can be hacked , all the things, including your body. 所以任何东西都可以被侵入, 包括你的身体。
hacked:v.砍;劈;猛踢;非法侵入(hack的过去分词和过去式)
In this example, we hacked your body so you can measure how you're folding your hands and then using your hand gestures to control something else, so if you don't want to listen to some music thousands of times, you simply can cover your ears to turn it off. 在这个例子中,我们侵入了你的身体, 可以判断你的手势, 然后使用你的手势 来控制另外的东西, 所以如果你不想重复地听某些音乐, 你可以简单的通过 捂住你的耳朵来将音乐关掉。
gestures:n.手势; v.做手势; (gesture的第三人称单数和复数)
So everything can be hacked, and research is important, but the second challenge we have is how can we go from R and D, and prototypes , to real products? 任何东西都可以被侵入,那么研究就很重要。 我们遇到的第二个挑战就是 如何从研发和原型, 到真正的产品?
prototypes:n.原型;技术原型;雏型;
How can we make real things that are also interfaces? 我们如何制造真实的, 还能作为界面的物品?
And you may ask yourself, who would do this? 你们可能会问自己, 谁会做这个事情?
Silicon Valley ? 硅谷吗?
Silicon Valley:n.硅谷(美国加利福尼亚州一处计算机和电子公司聚集地,有时用以指任何计算机公司聚集地);
Is it through Shenzhen? 深圳?
Now the challenge there is that the world of things is huge. 现在的挑战就是,物品的世界非常庞大。
Every year, the apparel industry produces 150 billion garments . 每年,服装行业会生产1500亿件服装。
apparel:n.服装;衣服;vt.给…穿衣; garments:n.[服装]服装,衣着(garment的复数);
In comparison , the technology industry only makes 1.4 billion phones. 相比之下,科技行业 只制造了14亿部手机。
comparison:n.比较;对比;相比;
The world of things is much bigger than the world of technology. 物品世界远远大于科技世界。
The technology world cannot change the world of things. 科技世界无法改变物品世界。
Instead, we need to create technology which changes makers of things, people who make your chairs and clothes and everything else, into makers of smart things, enable them to do that. 相反,我们需要创造出一个技术, 可以改变物品的制造者, 也就是制造你的椅子、衣服 和其他所有东西的人, 让他们转而开始 制造智能化的东西。
enable:v.使能够;使有机会;使成为可能;使可行;
So to test this challenge, we came up with a very simple idea and challenge: 为了试验这个挑战, 我们提出了一个非常简单的想法:
Can a tailor make a wearable ? 一个裁缝可以做出 一个可穿戴计算机吗?
wearable:adj.可穿用的,可佩带的;耐用的;n.衣服;
Now we don't want to take a tailor and turn the tailor into an electrical engineer. 当然我们并不想把一个裁缝 变成一个电子工程师。
electrical:adj.有关电的;电气科学的;
We still want to have some tailors around. 我们仍然需要一些裁缝。
But what we would like to do is create technology which looks, feels and behaves like a raw material used by the tailor to make their clothes. 但是我们想要做的是发明一种技术, 让它看起来、感觉和表现得 像裁缝使用的一种原材料, 可以用来制作衣服。
behaves:v.表现;表现得体;有礼貌;(behave的第三人称单数) raw material:n.原料;
For example, a touch panel made for a tailor would look like this, made out of textiles , so you can cut it with scissors and sew it in. 举个例子,一个为裁缝打造的 触控面板是这样的, 用纺织品制作的,你可以 用剪刀对它进行剪裁,也可以进行缝纫。
panel:n.镶板;仪表盘;钣金;(衣服上的)镶条;v.镶板(用木或玻璃板等镶嵌或装饰); textiles:n.纺织品;纺织业;(textile的复数) scissors:n.剪刀;v.剪断;删除;(scissor的第三人称单数和复数) sew:v.缝;缝制;缝补;做针线活;
At the same time , it has to retain the performance . 同时,它还要保持它原本的用途。
At the same time:同时;另一方面;与此同时; retain:v.保留;保持;持有;继续拥有; performance:n.性能;表现;业绩;表演;
The way to make this textile touch panel also requires a very different approach than for making consumer electronics . 制作这个纺织品触控面板的 方式与制作家用电子产品的 方法截然不同。
approach:n.方法;路径;v.接近;建议;着手处理; consumer:n.[经]消费者;[生,生态]消费者; electronics:n.电子学;电子工业;
In our case, we have to go to the mountains of Tokyo to a small factory which was making kimono garments for generations. 在我们这个案例里, 我们不得不去东京的山里, 拜访一个世代制作和服的小工厂。
kimono:n.和服;
We worked with my collaborators , who were not engineers. 我们的合伙人 并不是工程师。
collaborators:n.[劳经]合作者;投敌者(collaborator的复数);
It was an artisan who knows how to make things and an artist who knows how to make things beautiful. 一位是一个知道如何制作东西的工匠, 还有一位是知道如何 将东西变得美观的艺术家。
artisan:n.工匠,技工;
Working with them, we created one of the best yarns in the world, which consists of thin metallic alloys wrapped around with polyester fibers and cotton fibers. 我们一起创造出了 这个世界上最好的线之一, 是用很薄的金属合金组成, 用聚酯纤维和棉纤维包裹缠绕而成。
yarns:n.[纺]纱线;故事(yarn的复数形式);v.用纱线缠(yarn的第三人称单数形式); consists:v.由…构成;由…组成(consist的三单形式); metallic:adj.金属的,含金属的; alloys:n.[材]合金(alloy的复数); wrapped:adj.极高兴的;十分满意的;v.用…包裹;用…缠绕;(wrap的过去分词和过去式) polyester:n.聚酯; fibers:n.纤维(fiber的复数);
These yarns were made in the same machines which were making yarns for kimonos for generations. 这些线和世代制作和服的线 由同样的机器制作而成。
kimonos:n.和服(kimono的复数形式);
We then took these yarns and gave them to the factory, which is making textiles, and we wove our smart textile using regular machines in a variety of colors and materials, and we gave those textiles to a tailor in Savile Row in London. 我们把这些线给了 制作纺织品的工厂, 我们使用普通的机器 将我们的智能纺织品 用各种颜色和材料编织起来, 然后我们将纺织品给了一个 伦敦萨维尔街的裁缝。
wove:adj.布纹的;n.布纹纸;v.织布(weave的过去式); variety:n.多样;种类;杂耍;变化,多样化; Savile Row:n.裁缝街(英国伦敦的一条街道,聚集了售卖高档订制男装的店铺);
So tailors are traditionalists , particularly in Savile Row. 裁缝都是传统主义者, 尤其是在萨维尔街的。
traditionalists:n.传统主义者;因循守旧者;adj.传统主义者的(等于traditionalistic); particularly:adv.特别地,独特地;详细地,具体地;明确地,细致地;
They don't use computers. 他们不用电脑。
They don't use machines. 他们不用机器。
They use hands and they cut. 他们只用自己的双手剪裁。
They fit their products on the human body, not on 3-D avatars . 他们将自己的作品放在人体上试穿, 而不是3D模型。
avatars:n.神使;头像;形象化符号;(avatar的复数)
Technology is not a part of their vocabulary, but they are modern people. 他们的字典里没有技术这个词, 但是他们是现代人。
They know how to use technology. 他们知道如何使用技术。
So if technology can be formed and shaped like a button, like a textile, like something they can use, they absolutely can make a wearable, a garment which can place a phone call. 所以如果技术可以被重新塑造, 就像一颗扣子,一件纺织品, 像某种他们可以使用的东西, 他们绝对会制作出 一个可穿戴的电脑, 一件可以打电话的服装。
absolutely:adv.绝对地;完全地;
(Phone rings) (电话铃声)
So now we've proven that you can actually make a wearable, not by an electronic company, but by a tailor. 所以现在,我们已经证明了 你可以制作出一个可穿戴式的电脑, 不需要借助电子产品公司, 一个裁缝就可以做到。
We worked and collaborated with Levi's, our partners and our neighbors, to make a real product, and this product is this jacket I'm wearing right now. 我们和合伙人以及邻居, 李维斯,一起合作, 制作了一个真正的产品, 这个产品就是现在我穿着的这件夹克。
collaborated:v.合作;协作;通敌;勾结敌人;(collaborate的过去分词和过去式)
You can buy it. 你现在在市场上就可以买到。
It's on sale. 这件衣服和李维斯的
It was made in the same factories which make all their products, and you have noticed I've been controlling my presentation from the sleeve of the jacket. 其它产品出自同一个工厂, 并且你已经注意到了, 我一直在使用这件夹克的袖子 来控制我的演讲。
presentation:n.展示;描述,陈述;介绍;赠送; sleeve:n.袖子;套管;有…袖子的;唱片套;v.给…装袖子;
I go like this, it goes forward. 我这么做,幻灯片就往前翻一页;
Like this, it goes backward . 这么做,就往后翻一页。
backward:adj.向后的;反向的;发展迟缓的;adv.向后地;相反地;
And of course, I can do more things. 当然了,它还有其他的功能。
It's not just to control a presentation. 它并不仅仅能控制这个演讲,
I can now control my navigation , control my music, but most importantly, it stays a jacket, it stays a thing, which makes me look great. 还可以进行导航, 控制音乐的播放, 但是更重要的是, 它仍然 是一件夹克,保留了物品的功能, 它让我看起来非常棒。
navigation:n.导航;航行;领航;
And that's the most important thing. 这是最重要的事情。
So OK, we proved we can turn things into interfaces. 那么我们已经证明了 我们可以将物品变成界面。
We proved that these things can be made by makers of things and not by technology companies. 我们证明了这些东西 可以由工匠来制作, 而不是由科技公司。
I look awesome . 我看起来好极了。
awesome:adj.令人敬畏的;使人畏惧的;可怕的;极好的;
Are we done? 这就完了吗?
Not yet. 还没有。
The third challenge: How can we scale ? 第三个挑战: 我们如何扩大规模?
scale:n.规模;比例;鳞;刻度;天平;数值范围;v.衡量;攀登;剥落;生水垢;
How can we go from one product to many products? 我们如何从一个产品过渡到很多产品?
And that's what we're working on right now. 这就是我们现在正在处理的问题。
Let me tell you how we're going to do this. 让我来告诉你们我们将如何做。
First of all , I want to make myself clear -- I am not talking about the Internet of Things. 首先,我需要澄清一下—— 我并不是在谈论物联网。
First of all:adv.首先;
I'm not talking about creating another gadget you get bored with and throw in the back of your drawer and forget about. 也不是在讨论创造另外一种 你觉得很无聊的, 早就被你压箱底, 忘得一干二净的小玩意儿。
gadget:n.小玩意;小器具;小配件;诡计; bored:adj.无聊的;厌倦的;烦闷的;v.使厌烦;钻,凿,挖;(bore的过去分词和过去式) drawer:n.抽屉;内裤;出票人;起草者;酒馆侍者;
I am talking about the foundational , important principle which guides my work: "Technology has to make existing things better." 我是在谈论一个指引了我的职业, 一个基础的、重要的原则: “科技应该让已经存在的东西更美好。”
foundational:adj.基础的;基本的; principle:n.原理,原则;主义,道义;本质,本义;根源,源泉;
It makes them better by connecting them to your digital life and adds new usefulness and new functionality while remaining the same original purpose, not changing it. 科技之所以让它们变得更好是因为 它将物品和你们的电子生活连接在一起, 然后在物品保持本来用处的同时, 增加一些新的用途和新的功能, 不改变物品本来的功能。
usefulness:n.有用;有效性;有益; functionality:n.功能;[数]泛函性,函数性; original:n.原件;原作;原物;原型;adj.原始的;最初的;独创的;新颖的;
This jacket I am wearing can control my mobile phone and presentation, but it still remains a jacket. 我穿着的这件夹克, 可以控制我的手机和这个演讲, 但它仍然是一件夹克。
mobile phone:移动电话
That means that once we start making all things interactive and connected, every thing would have its own set of actuators , displays and sensors specific for those things. 这意味着,我们一旦开始 让物品变得可互动和可连接, 任何东西都可以有它自己特有的 一套驱动器,显示器和传感器。
actuators:n.[电]致动器,制动器(actuator复数形式); displays:v.陈列; n.陈列; sensors:n.[自]传感器,感应器;感测器(sensor的复数); specific:adj.特殊的,特定的;明确的;详细的;[药]具有特效的;n.特性;细节;特效药;
A pair of running shoes does not need to have a touch sensor. 一双跑鞋不需要有一个触觉传感器。
Why would it have one? 装了传感器有什么好处呢?
If you have a sensor, it should measure your running performance or knee impact , while remaining a great pair of shoes. 如果装了一个传感器, 它就可以在作为一双优秀的跑鞋同时, 评估你的跑步情况, 或者对膝盖的影响。
impact:n.影响;效果;碰撞;冲击力;v.挤入,压紧;撞击;对…产生影响;
Makers of things will have to start thinking what kind of digital functionality they have to offer to their consumers . 制造者们将不得不开始思考 他们可以提供什么样的 电子功能给他们的消费者。
consumers:n.消费者;顾客;用户;(consumer的复数)
They will have to become service providers , or they may become irrelevant . 他们将必须变成服务提供者, 否则就会被潮流淘汰。
providers:n.供应者;提供者;供养人;(provider的复数) irrelevant:adj.不相干的;不切题的;
We will have to provide and create a service ecosystem just like we've done for mobile phones, where you have apps and services and everything else, and sometimes, you're still making a phone call. 我们将需要创造一个服务生态系统, 就像我们为手机所做的改进, 为你应用程序,服务 和其他所有东西, 并且有时候, 你还是可以用它打电话。
ecosystem:n.生态系统;
Now to make this ecosystem possible, we have to avoid fragmentation . 为了实现这个生态系统, 我们必须避免碎片化。
fragmentation:n.破碎;分裂;[计]存储残片;
We have to avoid different interfaces for different people for different things. 我们必须避免为不同的人 和不同的目的提供不同的界面。
We have to create uniform user experience and, for that reason, we have to create a single computing platform which powers all those things. 我们必须创造一个统一的用户体验, 因此,我们必须创造 一个单一的计算平台, 可以为所有的这些东西提供能量。
uniform:adj.统一的;一致的;相同的;始终如一的;n.制服;v.使穿制服;使成一样; computing:n.计算;计算机技术;信息处理技术;v.计算;求出;(compute的现在分词) platform:n.平台; v.把…放在台上[放在高处;
What is the platform going to be? 这个平台会是什么样呢?
And I think the answer is obvious : it's a cloud, cloud computing. 我想答案非常明显: 它会是云计算。
obvious:adj.明显的;显著的;平淡无奇的;
Now you cannot connect things directly to the cloud, obviously. 显然,你并不能将东西 直接和云连接起来。
directly:adv.直接地;立即;马上;正好地;坦率地;conj.一…就;
So you have to develop a small device which can be plugged into all the things and make them connected to the cloud to unlock their potential and add new functionality. 所以你需要开发一个小装置, 可以插进所有的东西里, 使它们可以和云连接, 来解锁它们的潜力,增加新的功能。
device:n.装置;策略;图案; plugged:v.堵塞;封堵;补充;供给;推广;(plug的过去分词和过去式) potential:n.潜能;可能性;[电]电势;adj.潜在的;可能的;势的;
So let me show, for the first time, the real device which we've built. 下面,我要展示一下 我们所制造的一个真实的设备。
We are showing this for the first time. 这是我们第一次将它展示出来。
That's what it looks like, and it's a small device which will be connected to things we want to make smart and connected and interactive. 这就是它的样子, 一个小的设备, 可以把我们想要智能化 和互动化的东西 连接起来。
How is it going to work? 它是如何工作的呢?
So on the back, you have a few electrodes . 在它的背面,你会看到一些电极。
electrodes:n.[电]电极(electrode的复数);电焊条;
So when you plug them into different things, like here, the device will recognize where you're plugging them and then reconfigure itself to enable specific functionality for this particular thing. 当你将它们接入不同的设备, 比如这里, 这个设备可以识别出你接入的对象, 然后自动重新配置自己的参数 来激活该对象的具体功能。
recognize:v.认识;认出;辨别出;承认;意识到; plugging:v.堵塞;封堵;补足;补充;推广;宣传;(plug的现在分词) reconfigure:vt.重新配置;
We would like to give this device to makers of things, the people who make your clothing and furniture , so they can use it just like they use a button or a zipper. 我们想要把这个设备 交给制造商, 就是为你们制作衣服和家具的人, 这样他们可以像用纽扣 或者拉链那样简单的使用这个设备。
furniture:n.家具;设备;储藏物;
And what they're going to make with them is up to them. 然后由他们来决定将如何 使用这个东西制造产品。
We don't want to dictate the use cases. 我们并不想规定这个东西的用途。
dictate:v.决定;口述;支配;强行规定;n.规定;命令;
We would like to let people who make those things -- artists and designers, brands and craftsmen -- to imagine and create this new world where things are connected and have all this new, exciting digital functionality. 我们想让制作东西的人—— 艺术家和设计师, 品牌和手工艺人—— 能够想象并且创造一个全新的世界, 在这里事物可以彼此连接, 并且拥有全新的电子功能。
brands:n.品牌;烙印(brand的复数);v.加商标于;铭刻于(brand的第三人称单数); craftsmen:n.工匠;手艺人(craftsman的复数形式);
We don't need keyboards and screens and mouses to interact with your computer. 我们不再需要键盘、 屏幕和鼠标来和电脑互动。
So I've been working on this idea for 20 years, and now it's taking shape, and as it's taking shape, what we are realizing is that I always thought I was working on computer interfaces, 我已经为这个想法工作了20年, 现在它已经成形, 同时我们开始意识到, 我一直以为我是在研究电脑界面, 我一直认为我自己是个界面设计师,
I always thought of myself as an interaction designer, but I'm realizing that I'm not building interfaces. 但是我发现,我其实并不是在创建界面。
interaction:n.[计]交互,相互作用;相互交流;干扰;
What I realized is that me and my team, we're building a new kind of computer, an ambient computer. 我意识到我和我的团队 在打造一个新型计算机, 一个随处可见的计算机。
ambient:adj.周围的;外界的;环绕的;n.周围环境;
Thank you. 谢谢你们。