|
|
Harry.Potter.2002-哈利·波特与密室
|
I can't let you out, Hedwig. |
我不能放你出来 海德薇 |
I'm not allowed to use magic outside of school. |
我不能在校外使用魔法 |
Besides , if Uncle Vernon - Harry Potter! |
而且 万一弗农姨夫 -哈利.波特 |
Besides:adv.此外;而且;prep.除…之外;
|
Now you've done it. |
这下可好了 |
He's in there. Vernon? |
他在屋里 弗农 |
I'm warning you, if you can't control that bloody bird, it'll have to go. |
我警告你 管不住那死鸟 我就赶走它 |
bloody:adj.血腥的;血淋淋的;v.血染;
|
But she's bored . |
她憋坏了 |
bored:adj.无聊的;厌倦的;烦闷的;v.使厌烦;钻,凿,挖;(bore的过去分词和过去式)
|
If I could only let her out for an hour or two. |
哪怕放她出来一两个小时也行 |
So you can send secret messages to your freaky little friends? No, sir. |
帮你和你的怪胎朋友通信吗 别想了 |
freaky:adj.畸形的;捉摸不定的(等于freakish);
|
But I haven't had any messages from any of my friends. |
可是根本没人和我联系 |
Not one all summer. |
一个都没有 整个暑假都是 |
Who would want to be friends with you? |
谁愿意做你的朋友 |
I should think you'd be a little more grateful. |
我觉得你应该知恩图报 |
We've raised you since you were a baby, given you the food off our table even let you have Dudley's second bedroom purely out of the goodness of our hearts. |
我们把你从小拉扯大 供你吃穿 而且看你可怜 还把达力的次卧给你 |
purely:adv.完全;仅仅;
|
Not now, pumpkin . It's for when the Masons arrive. |
别急 小宝贝 还得等梅森先生 |
pumpkin:n.南瓜;(口)夜郎自大的蠢货;(俚)重要人物; Masons:n.共济会;泥瓦匠(mason的复数);v.用砖瓦砌成(mason的三单形式);
|
Which should be any minute. |
他们随时会到 |
Now, let's go over our schedule once again, shall we? |
再来彩排一遍 好吗 |
schedule:工作计划,日程安排
|
Petunia , when the Masons arrive, you will be? |
佩尼 梅森夫妇来的时候 你应该在 |
Petunia:n.矮牵牛花;
|
In the lounge , waiting to welcome them graciously to our home. |
客厅 亲切迎接他们的到来 |
lounge:n.休息室;闲逛;躺椅;(英)酒吧间;vi.闲逛;懒洋洋地躺卧;闲混;vt.虚度光阴; graciously:adv.和蔼地;仁慈地;雅致地;
|
Good. And, Dudley, you will be...? |
很好 达力 那你呢 |
I'll be waiting to open the door. |
在门前 等着开门 |
Excellent. |
非常好 |
And you? |
你呢 |
I'll be in my bedroom, making no noise and pretending that I don't exist. |
我待在卧室 一声不吭 假装不存在 |
Too right, you will. |
算你聪明 |
With any luck, this could be the day I make the biggest deal of my career ... |
这次要是谈成 我的事业就更上一层楼了 |
career:n.职业;事业;生涯;经历;
|
and you will not mess it up. |
你可不许给我添乱 |
mess:n.混乱;餐厅;杂乱;肮脏;v.使不整洁;弄脏;弄乱;随地便溺;
|
Harry Potter, such an honor it is. |
哈利.波特 真是太荣幸了 |
Who are you? - Dobby, sir. Dobby the house-elf. |
你是谁 -多比 先生 家养小精灵多比 |
Not to be rude or anything but this isn't a great time for me to have a house-elf in my bedroom. |
我无意冒犯 但是你来的可真不是时候 |
Yes, sir. Dobby understands. |
是的 先生 多比完全理解 |
It's just that Dobby has come to tell you |
只是多比必须要告诉你 |
It is difficult, sir. Dobby wonders where to begin. |
很难启齿 先生 多比不知道从何说起 |
Why don't you sit down? - Sit down? Sit down? |
你先坐下来吧 -坐下来 要我坐 |
Dobby, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you or anything. |
对不起 多比 我不是想冒犯你 |
offend:v.得罪;犯罪;违背(人情);
|
Offend Dobby? |
冒犯多比 |
Dobby has heard of your greatness , sir but never has he been asked to sit down by a wizard , like an equal. |
多比虽然听说你很伟大 先生 但还没有巫师请多比坐下来过 把我平等对待 |
greatness:n.伟大;巨大; wizard:n.男巫;术士;奇才;adj.男巫的;巫术的;
|
You can't have met many decent wizards then. |
那是你没有遇到好巫师 |
decent:adj.正派的;得体的;相当好的; wizards:n.术士;巫师;奇才(wizard的复数);
|
No, I haven't. |
没错 没遇到过 |
That was an awful thing to say. |
我真不该这么说 |
Bad Dobby! Bad Dobby! - Stop, Dobby. Dobby, shush . |
坏多比 坏多比 -停下 多比 别出声 |
shush:n.嘘声;vt.使安静;vi.发嘘声;int.嘘(示意安静下来);
|
Dobby, please, stop. |
多比 拜托了 快停下 |
Don't mind that. It's just the cat. |
没什么 是猫的声音 |
Bad Dobby. - Stop! Stop, Dobby. Please, be quiet. |
坏多比 -停下 停 多比 求你了 安静点 |
Are you all right? |
你没事吧 |
Dobby had to punish himself, sir. |
多比必须惩罚自己 先生 |
Dobby almost spoke ill of his family, sir. |
多比差点说了主人家的坏话 先生 |
Your family? - The wizard family Dobby serves, sir. |
主人家 -多比服侍的巫师家庭 先生 |