|
|
HamdiUlukaya_2019-_“反首席执行官”行动手册_-
|
A cold January day of 2005, |
2005年某个寒冷的一月天, |
I took one of my most important drives of my life. |
我开启了我人生道路上 最重要的旅程之一。 |
I was on this road in upstate New York, trying to find this old factory. |
我在去往纽约州北部的一条路上, 寻找一家老工厂。 |
upstate:adj.北部的;偏僻的;n.州的北部;adv.在州的北部;在州内远离大城市地区;
|
The day before, I received a flyer in the mail that said, "Fully equipped yogurt plant for sale." |
此前一天,我的信箱里 收到了一张传单, 上面写着“乳酪厂待售,设备齐全” |
I threw it in the garbage can . |
我把它扔进了垃圾桶。 |
garbage can:n.(常置于房外的)垃圾桶;
|
And 20 minutes later, I picked it up and called the number. |
20分钟后,我又将它捡了起来, 拨打了上面的号码。 |
The plant was 85 years old, and it was closing. |
那家工厂已经有85年的厂龄, 即将倒闭。 |
So I decided to go see it. |
所以我决定去看看。 |
At this time, |
那个时候, |
I wasn't sure where this road or my life was going. |
我不确定那条路 或者说我的生活将走向何方。 |
I owned a small cheese shop but really hated business. |
虽然我自己经营着一家小的奶酪店, 但我真的很讨厌做生意。 |
But the hills and the roads and the smells are all familiar . |
然而这山,这路和这气味我都很熟悉。 |
familiar:adj.熟悉的;常见的;亲近的;n.常客;密友;
|
I grew up in Turkey, in a similar environment, near the Kurdish mountains. |
我在土耳其类似的环境里长大, 离库尔德山区很近, |
Kurdish:n.库尔德语;adj.库尔德人的;
|
My family made cheese and yogurt; |
我的家族制作奶酪和酸奶; |
I grew up listening to shepherd's stories. |
我是听着牧羊人的故事长大的。 |
We didn't have much, but we had the moon and the stars, simple food, each other. |
那时我们并不是很富有, 但我们有月亮和星星做伴, 还有简单的食物,有彼此。 |
Eventually , I came to America. |
后来,我搬到了美国。 |
Eventually:adv.最后,终于;
|
I didn't even know New York had farms. |
我那时甚至不知道美国竟然有农场。 |
I made it to upstate, and I never left. |
我来了纽约州北部, 之后再未离开。 |
Now I'm lost. |
但是现在我却迷失了自我。 |
I passed the road sign that said "Dead end." |
我路过写着“死胡同”的路牌, |
road sign:n.路标;
|
Then soon after, there it was: the factory. |
随后不久, 我就到达了我的目的地: 那个酸奶工厂。 |
The smell hit me first. |
我首先感受到的是它的气味。 |
It was a like a milk container left out in the sun. |
像是像暴露在阳光下的牛奶容器 散发出的气味。 |
The walls were so thick, paints were peeling, there were cracks everywhere. |
工厂的墙壁很厚, 油漆剥落,满是裂缝。 |
cracks:n.裂纹; v.破裂; (crack的第三人称单数和复数)
|
The factory was so old, the owners thought it was worthless . |
这家工厂太老旧了, 所有者认为它不值钱。 |
worthless:adj.无价值的;不值钱的;卑微的;
|
I thought they left a zero off, |
我起初以为这个价格抹去了一个0, |
I couldn't believe the price. |
我都不敢相信它这么便宜。 |
As I entered in, |
当我进入那个工厂之后, |
I stopped noticing things. |
我便不再观察周围的事物, |
All I could see were the people. |
我所看到的只有人。 |
There were 55 of them. |
那里一共有55个人。 |
Just quiet. |
安静地沉默着。 |
Their only job was to break the plant apart and close it forever. |
他们唯一的工作就是与工厂分离, 并且永远地关闭它。 |
I was met with a guy named Rich, the production manager. |
我遇到了一个叫里奇的人, 他是生产经理。 |
He offered to take me around, show me around. |
他提议带我到处看看。 |
He didn't say much, but around every corner, he would point out some stories. |
他话不多, 但是会告诉我工厂里 每一个角落发生过的故事。 |
Rich worked there for 20 years. |
里奇已经在那工作了20年了。 |
His father made yogurt before him, and his grandfather made cream cheese before that. |
他的父亲是制作酸奶的, 在那之前,他的爷爷是做奶油奶酪的。 |
cream cheese:n.奶油干酪;
|
You could tell that Rich felt guilty that this factory was closing on his watch. |
可以看出,里奇感到非常内疚 因为那座工厂在他手里倒闭了。 |
guilty:adj.有罪的;内疚的;
|
What hit me the hardest at that time was that this wasn't just an old factory. |
当时最打动我的一点是, 这不仅仅是一个旧工厂, |
This was a time machine . |
它还是一个时间机器。 |
time machine:n.时间机器;
|
This is where people built lives, they left for wars, they bragged about home runs and report cards. |
这些人在这里建立生活, 他们因为战争而离开。 他们曾经炫耀过 工厂的成功和漂亮的报表。 |
bragged:v.吹嘘;自吹自擂;(brag的过去分词和过去式)
|
But now, it was closing. |
但是现在,它面临被关闭的命运。 |
And the company wasn't just giving up on yogurt, it was giving up on them. |
公司放弃的不仅仅是酸奶事业, 更是放弃了这些员工。 |
As if they were not good enough. |
好像他们做得不够好似的。 |
And I was shocked how these people were behaving . |
但是我对这些人的表现感到震惊, |
behaving:v.表现:表现得体:有礼貌:(behave的现在分词)
|
There was no anger, there were no tears. |
没有愤怒,没有眼泪。 |
Just silence. |
只有沉默。 |
With grace , they were closing this factory. |
他们体面地关闭了这家工厂。 |
grace:n.优雅;恩惠;魅力;慈悲;v.使优美;
|
I was so angry that the CEO was far away, in a tower or somewhere, looking at the spreadsheets and closing the factory. |
我感到非常生气, 因为彼时CEO正在千里之外, 在某个高楼之类的地方, 看着业务报表, 决定关闭这座工厂。 |
spreadsheets:n.电子表格;电子数据表;试算表;空白表格程序;
|
Spreadsheets are lazy. |
业务报表是片面的, |
They don't tell you about people, they don't tell you about communities . |
他们不会告诉你有关人 有关群体的东西。 |
communities:n.社区;社会;团体;共有(community的复数)
|
But unfortunately , this is how too many business decisions are made today. |
但不幸的是, 这正是目前很多商业决策制定的方式。 |
unfortunately:adv.不幸地;
|
I was never the same person after what I saw. |
目睹了这一切之后 我变了一个人。 |
On my way back home, I called Mario, my lawyer. |
在我回去的路上, 我打了个电话给我的律师,马里奥 |
I called Mario, I said, "Mario, I want to buy this place." |
我说:“马里奥,我想要买下那座工厂。” |
Mario said, "Hamdi, one of the largest food companies in the world is closing this place, and they're getting out of the yogurt business. |
马里奥说: “哈姆迪,全球最大的食品公司之一 要关掉这个地方 他们打算放弃酸奶业务, |
Who the hell are you to make it work?" |
你以为你是谁,能让它起死回生?” |
I said, "You're right." |
我说:“是的,你说的对。” |
But the next day, I called him again, and I said, "Mario, really, I really want to buy this place." |
但是第二天,我又打电话给他, 我说:马里奥,我真的, 真的很想买下这个地方。“ |
He said, "Hamdi, you have no money. |
他说:“哈姆迪,你又没有钱。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
You haven't even paid me in six months." |
你都已经半年没有付我薪水了。” |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
Which was true. |
他说的是真的。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
But I got a loan, another loan. |
但我得到了一笔贷款,另一笔贷款。 |
By August 2005, I had the keys for this factory. |
在2005年的八月, 我拿到了那座工厂的钥匙。 |
The first thing I did was to hire four of the original 55 people. |
我做的第一件事就是 聘回55位前员工中的四位。 |
original:n.原件;原作;原物;原型;adj.原始的;最初的;独创的;新颖的;
|
I had Maria , the office manager. |
我请了办公室经理玛丽亚。 |
Maria:n.母驴;母马;[天文学]海(指月亮,火星表面的阴暗部分);
|
I had Frank , the wastewater guy. |
废水管理工人弗兰克。 |
Frank:adj.坦白的,直率的;老实的;n.免费邮寄特权;v.免费邮寄; wastewater:n.废水,污水;
|
I had Mike, the maintenance guy. |
维修工人麦克。 |
maintenance:n.维护,维修;保持;生活费用;
|
And Rich, who showed me the plant, the production guy. |
还有当时带我参观工厂的 产品经理里奇。 |
And we had our first board meeting. |
我们召开了第一次董事会议。 |
Mike says, "Hamdi, what are we going to do now?" |
麦克问我:“哈姆迪, 我们现在要做什么?” |
They look at me as if I have the magic answer. |
他们都看着我,就好像 我有什么绝妙的答案似的。 |
So I said, "Mike, we're going to go to Ace Hardware store, and we're going to get some paints. |
于是我说:”麦克, 我们去Ace五金店, 买一些油漆。 |
Hardware:n.计算机硬件;五金器具;
|
And we're going to paint the walls outside." |
把外面的墙壁重新粉刷一下。” |
Mike wasn't impressed . |
麦克并不满意。 |
impressed:adj.印象深刻; v.使钦佩; (impress的过去分词和过去式)
|
He looked at me. |
他看着我, |
He said, "Hamdi, that's fine, we’ll do that, but tell me you have more ideas than that." |
说:”好的,哈姆迪, 我们就这么做, 但是请告诉我, 你还有别的想法。” |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
I said, "I do. |
我说:“会有的。 |
We'll paint the walls white." |
我们先粉刷一下墙。“ |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
Honest to God, that was the only idea I had. |
老实说,我当时 真的没有别的主意。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
But we painted those walls that summer. |
但是那个夏天我们把墙都刷好了。 |
I sometimes wonder what they would have said to me if I told them, "See these walls we're painting? |
我有时就在想, 如果我这么说, 他们会作何反应: “看到我们刷的墙没? |
In two years, we're going to launch a yogurt here that Americans have never seen and never tasted before. |
两年内, 我们要推出一种酸奶, 是美国人从未见过和尝过的。 |
launch:v.发射(导弹,火箭等); n.发射;
|
It will be delicious, it will be natural. |
不仅美味,而且纯天然。 |
And we're going to call it 'Chobani' -- it means 'shepherd' in Turkish ." |
我们要给它起名为‘Chobani*, 土耳其语是‘牧羊人’的意思。” |
Turkish:adj.土耳其的;土耳其人的,土耳其语的;突厥诸语言的;n.土耳其语;
|
And if I said, "We are going to hire all of the 55 employees back, or most of them back. |
如果我还说, “我们要聘回所有的55名员工, 或者聘回大多数员工。 |
And then 100 more after, and then 100 more after, and then 1,000 more after that." |
随后雇佣100位, 再雇佣100位。 再之后,雇佣1000位。” |
But if I told them, "You see that town over there? |
但是如果我告诉他们, “你们看到那边的城镇了吗? |
Every person we hire, 10 more local jobs will be created. |
我们每雇佣一个人, 就会在当地创造出10个就业岗位。 |
The town will come back to life, the trucks will be all over the roads. |
这座城镇将会充满生机, 路上车辆也会川流不息。 |
And the first money we make, we're going to build one of the best Little League baseball fields for our children. |
我们赚到的第一桶金, 将会用来 为我们的下一代 建造最好的 少棒联盟比赛场地之一。 |
Little League:n.少年棒球联盟;
|
And five years after that, we're going to be the number one Greek yogurt brand in the country." |
五年之后, 我们将会成为 全国第一的希腊酸奶品牌。” |
brand:v.铭刻于,铭记;打烙印于;印…商标于;n.商标,牌子;烙印;
|
Would they have believed me? |
他们会相信我吗? |
Of course not. |
当然不会。 |
But that's exactly what happened. |
但是这确实是之后发生的一切。 |
(Applause) |
(掌声) |
In painting those walls, we got to know each other. |
在刷墙的过程中, 我们增进了对彼此的了解。 |
We believed in each other. |
我们信任彼此。 |
And we figured it out together. |
并且一起出谋划策。 |
Five years, me and all my colleagues , we never left the factory. |
五年来,我和我的同事们, 没有一位弃公司而去。 |
colleagues:n.同事;同行(colleague的复数);
|
We worked day and night, through the holidays, to fix that plant. |
我们夜以继日地工作, 节假日也不休息, 将工厂修建完成。 |
The best part of Chobani for me is this: the same exact people who were given up on were the ones who built it back 100 times better than before. |
Chobani对我来说最好的一部分是: 它曾抛弃过的那些人 正是将它重建成比过去好百倍的那些人。 |
And they all have a financial stake in the company today. |
他们今天还持有公司股权。 |
financial:adj.金融的;财政的,财务的; stake:n.桩,棍子;赌注;火刑;奖金;v.资助,支持;系…于桩上;把…押下打赌;
|
(Applause) |
(掌声) |
And all this time, I kept wondering -- you see, I'm not a businessman, I don't come from that tradition -- |
一直以来,我都在想—— 你看,我不是一个商人, 我没有从商的背景—— |
I just kept wondering: What is this all about? |
我只是在想: 这一切到底是为了什么呢? |
Corporate America says it's about profits . |
美国企业说都是为了利润。 |
Corporate:adj.公司的;组成公司(或团体)的;法人的;社团的; profits:n.利润; v.获益; (profit的第三人称单数和复数)
|
Mainstream business says it's about money. |
主流企业说是钱的问题。 |
Mainstream:n.主流;
|
The CEO playbook says it's about shareholders . |
CEO手册称都是为了股东。 |
playbook:n.剧本; shareholders:n.[金融]股东,投资者;股民(shareholder的复数);
|
And so much is sacrificed for it -- it's factories, communities, jobs. |
太多东西为之牺牲—— 工厂,群体,工作。 |
sacrificed:v.牺牲:献出:以(人或动物)作祭献:(sacrifice的过去分词和过去式)
|
But not by CEOs. |
然而CEO不用做出牺牲。 |
CEOs have their employees suffer for them. |
CEO的员工们代他受过了。 |
But yet, the CEOs's pay goes up and up and up. |
然而CEO的薪资一涨再涨, |
And so many people are left behind. |
太多人被抛在后头。 |
I'm here to tell you: no more. |
我是来告诉你们: 别再这样下去了。 |
It's not right, it's never been right. |
这不对。从来都不对。 |
It's time to admit that the playbook that guided businesses and CEOs for the last 40 years is broken. |
我们是时候承认 过去40年企业和CEO 一直遵循的手册 是有缺陷的。 |
(Applause) |
(掌声) |
It tells you everything about business except how to be a noble leader. |
这个手册告诉你有关企业的一切, 除了怎样做一个 高尚的领导者。 |
noble:adj.高尚的;贵族的;惰性的;宏伟的;n.贵族;
|
We need a new playbook. |
我们需要一个新的手册。 |
We need a new playbook that sees people again. |
我们需要一个新的 考虑得到员工的手册。 |
That sees above and beyond profits. |
它的视角远高于利润。 |
In the movies, they have a name for people who take a different path to do things right. |
在电影里,对于那些 走不同的路只为做对的事的人, 有一个名称。 |
They call them " antiheroes ." |
他们被称为“反英雄”。 |
antiheroes:n.非英雄主角;反英雄;
|
I think we need the same idea in business. |
我认为企业中也需要这个概念。 |
We need anti-CEOs, and we need an anti-CEO playbook. |
我们需要“反CEO”, 我们需要“反CEO手册”。 |
So let me tell you about what this anti-CEO playbook is all about. |
让我来说说 反CEO手册是关于什么的吧。 |
An anti-CEO playbook is about gratitude . |
它是关于感恩的。 |
gratitude:n.感谢(的心情);感激;
|
Today's business book says: business exists to maximize profit for the shareholders. |
如今的一些商业书籍称: 企业的存在是为了 帮助股东获取利润最大化。 |
maximize:vt.取…最大值;对…极为重视;vi.尽可能广义地解释;达到最大值;
|
I think that's the dumbest idea I've ever heard in my life. |
我认为这是我人生中 听到过的最愚蠢的想法了。 |
dumbest:哑的;蠢的(dumb的最高级);
|
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
In reality, business should take care of their employees first. |
事实上,企业应该把员工放在第一位。 |
(Applause) |
(掌声) |
You know, a few years ago, when we announced that we are giving shares to all our 2,000 employees, some people said it's PR, some said it's a gift. |
你知道,几年前, 我们宣布将股份分给我们 两千位员工的时候, 有人称这是公关伎俩, 有人说这是礼物。 |
I said, it's not a gift. |
我说,这不是礼物。 |
I watched it, I've been part of it. |
我看过,参与过它的执行。 |
They earned it with their talent and with their hard work, and I don't see any other way. |
他们是靠自己的才能 和努力赢得这些。 而我也没看出有什么别的办法。 |
The new way of business -- it's your employees you take care of first. |
企业新途径—— 员工第一。 |
Not the profits. |
不是利润。 |
The new anti-CEO playbook is about community . |
反CEO手册是有关社群的。 |
community:n.社区;[生态]群落;共同体;团体;
|
Today, the businesses that have it all ask communities, "What kind of tax breaks and incentives can you give me?" |
如今,拥有一切的企业 会问大家:“你能够给我 怎样的减税优惠以及奖励激励?” |
incentives:n.激励;奖励;诱因(incentive的复数形式);奖励措施;
|
The reality is, businesses should go to the struggling communities and ask, "How can I help you?" |
事实上,企业应该面向 有困难的员工 问问他们:“我怎样才能帮你?” |
(Applause) |
(掌声) |
When we wanted to build our second yogurt plant, |
当我们想建第二家酸奶工厂时, |
Idaho was on nobody's radar screen. |
没人会考虑爱德荷州。 |
radar:n.雷达;
|
It was too rural , too far away, didn't have much incentives. |
它太偏远,也没提供多少奖励。 |
rural:adj.农村的,乡下的;田园的,有乡村风味的;
|
So I went there. |
于是我去了那里。 |
I met with the local people, I met with the farmers. |
我与当地居民见面, 也见了农民。 |
We shook hands, we broke bread. |
我们握手,分吃面包。 |
I said, "I want to build it right here." |
我说:“我想把工厂就建在这儿。” |
I don't need to see financial studies. |
我不想看财务研究报告, |
And the result -- its community is thriving . |
结果是—— 这边的社群蓬勃发展。 |
thriving:v.兴旺发达;繁荣;旺盛;茁壮成长;(thrive的现在分词)
|
There's new schools that open every year. |
每年都有新学校成立。 |
New food companies are coming up every year. |
新的食品公司每年都不断涌进, |
And they told me, "You're not going to find any trained workers here." |
有人告诉过我: “你不会在这里找到有经验的工人的。” |
I said, "It's OK, we'll teach them." |
我说:“没关系,我们会培训。” |
We partnered with the local community college , and while we were building the plant, we trained hundreds of hundreds of people for advanced manufacturing . |
我们同当地的社区大学合作, 在我们建造工厂的过程中, 我们教会数百人掌握了 先进制造技术, |
community college:n.社区中学;社区学院 advanced:adj.先进的; v.前进; (advance的过去式和过去分词形式) manufacturing:n.制造业;工业;v.制造;生产(manufacture的现在分词);
|
And today, our factory is one of the largest yogurt plants in the world. |
如今,我们的工厂是世界上 最大的酸奶工厂之一。 |
(Applause) |
(掌声) |
The new way of business -- communities. |
企业新的途径—— 社群。 |
Go search for communities that you can be part of. |
寻找你能成为其中一份子的社群, |
Ask for permission. |
请求许可, |
And be with them, open the walls and succeed together. |
然后加入进去,打破壁垒, 共享成功。 |
The anti-CEO playbook is about responsibility. |
反CEO手册是关于责任的。 |
Today's playbook says, the businesses should stay out of politics . |
当今的手册称, 企业应当远离政治。 |
politics:n.政治;钩心斗角;政治观点;v.(贬)从事政治活动;(politic的第三人称单数)
|
The reality is businesses, as citizens, must take a side. |
然而事实是, 企业同公民一样, 都要有自己的立场。 |
When we were growing in New York and looking for more people to hire, |
我们在纽约扩大规模, 寻求更多雇佣员工的时候, |
I remembered that in Utica , an hour away, there were refugees from Southeast Asia and Africa, who were looking for a place to work. |
我记得在一小时路程之远的 尤蒂卡(美国中部城市), 那里有从东南亚和南非来的难民, 正在寻找工作地, |
Utica:n.尤蒂卡(美国纽约州中部城市); refugees:n.避难者;逃亡者;难民;(refugee的复数) Southeast:adj.东南的;来自东南的;n.东南;东南地区;adv.来自东南;
|
'"They don't speak English," someone told me. |
有人告诉我:“他们不会英语。” |
I said, "I don't really, either. Let's get translators." |
我说:“我也不是真的会, 我们可以请翻译。” |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
'"They don't have transportation ." |
“他们也没有车。” |
transportation:n.运输;运输系统;运输工具;流放;
|
I said, "Let's get buses, it's not a rocket science ." |
我说:“我们准备班车,这并不难。” |
rocket science:复杂的事;航天器学;
|
Today, in one of America's rural areas, 30 percent of the Chobani workforce are immigrants and refugees. |
今时今日, 在美国一个农村地区, Chobani有30%的员工都是移民和难民。 |
workforce:n.劳动大军;全体员工; immigrants:n.移民(immigrant的复数);
|
(Applause) (Cheers) |
(掌声)(欢呼声) |
And it changed us for better. |
这让我们变得更好了。 |
The new way of business -- it's business, not government, in the best position to make a change in today's world: in gun violence , in climate change, in income inequality, in refugees, in race. |
企业的新途径—— 是企业本身,而不是政府 身处寻求变革的最好的位置。 在如今的世界中, 在有关枪击暴力事件,气候变化, 收入不平等,难民和种族 这些问题之间, |
violence:n.暴力;侵犯;激烈;歪曲;
|
It's business that must take a side. |
企业必须有自己的立场。 |
(Applause) |
(掌声) |
And lastly, an anti-CEO playbook is about accountability . |
最后,反CEO手册关于向谁负责。 |
accountability:n.有义务;有责任;可说明性;
|
Today's playbook says, the CEO reports to the corporate boards. |
如今的手册称,CEO向公司董事会负责。 |
In my opinion , CEO reports to consumer . |
依我之见,CEO应该向消费者负责。 |
In my opinion:在我看来;我认为; consumer:n.[经]消费者;[生,生态]消费者;
|
In the first few years of Chobani, the 1-800 number on the cup was my personal number. |
Chobani刚成立的几年里, 酸奶瓶上面的数字是我的私人号码, |
personal:adj.个人的;身体的;亲自的;n.人事消息栏;人称代名词;
|
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
When somebody called and wrote, I responded personally . |
有人打电话或者写信给我, 我都亲自回复。 |
responded:v.回答,回应;作出反应;响应;反应灵敏;(respond的过去式和过去分词) personally:adv.个人;亲自;本人;就本人而言;
|
Sometimes I made changes based on what I heard, because consumer is in power. |
有些时候,我会根据我听到的意见 做出某些改变, 因为消费者掌权, |
That's the reason the business exists. |
正是企业存在的理由。 |
It's you -- every single one of you is in power to make changes today. |
是你们——今天你们 每个人都有权利做出改变。 |
If you don't like the brand and the companies, what they are doing with their business, you can throw them into the garbage can. |
如果你们不喜欢某品牌和公司, 不喜欢他们的经营方式, 你可以把它们扔进垃圾桶。 |
And if you see the ones that are doing it right, you can reward them. |
如果你看到做得正确的, 你可以奖励它们。 |
reward:n.[劳经]报酬;报答;酬谢;v.[劳经]奖励;奖赏;
|
In the end, this is all in our responsibility. |
最后,这一切都是我们的责任, |
The new way of business -- it's the consumer we report to, not to the corporate boards. |
企业的新途径—— 是我们对消费者负责—— 而不是对公司董事会负责。 |
You see, if you are right with your people, if you are right with your community, if you are right with your product, you will be more profitable , you will be more innovative , |
你看, 如果你正确对待你的员工, 你正确对待你的社群, 你正确对待你的产品, 那么你的利润会增加, 你会更加创新, |
profitable:adj.有利可图的;赚钱的;有益的; innovative:adj.革新的,创新的;
|
you will have more passionate people working for you and a community that supports you. |
也会有更多充满激情的员工为你工作, 还有支持你的一整个社群。 |
passionate:adj.热情的;热烈的,激昂的;易怒的;
|
And that's what the anti-CEO playbook is all about. |
这就是反CEO手册的内容。 |
The treasure that I found in that factory -- dignity of work, strength of character, human spirit -- is what we need to unleash all across the world. |
我在那个工厂找到的财富—— 工作的尊严, 角色的力量, 人性光辉—— 我们要将这些传播到整个世界。 |
dignity:n.尊严;高贵; unleash:vt.发泄;突然释放;使爆发;
|
Brothers and sisters, there are people and places all around the world left out and left behind. |
兄弟姐妹们, 世界上有许多人, 还有许多地方, 被忽略,被遗忘。 |
But their spirit is still strong. |
但他们的精神仍然强劲, |
They just want another chance, they want someone to give them a chance again, not to just build it back, but build it better than before. |
他们需要的仅仅是另一个机会, 他们需要某人来给他们机会, 不仅仅是要重建, 而是要建得更好。 |
And this is the difference between return on investment and return on kindness. |
这便是投资回报和善意回报 真正的区别。 |
investment:n.投资;投入;封锁;
|
This is the difference between profit and true wealth . |
这便是利润 和真正的财富之间的区别。 |
wealth:n.财富;大量;富有;
|
And if it can happen in a small town in upstate New York and Idaho, it can happen in every city and town and village across the world. |
如果它可以发生在 纽约北部的一个小城镇和爱德荷州, 那么它也能发生在 世界上每个城市和乡镇地区。 |
This is not the time to build walls, this is a time to start painting the walls. |
现在不是建墙的时候, 而是粉刷墙壁的时候。 |
I leave the colors all up to you. |
用什么颜色,全部由你决定。 |
Thank you so much. |
非常感谢。 |
(Applause) |
(掌声) |