|
|
Greys.Anatomy-实习医生格蕾
|
The game |
这场竞赛 |
They say a person either has what it takes to play |
参加的人要么是有本事 |
Or they don't. |
要么什么都没有 |
My mother was one of the greats. |
我母亲曾是其中的佼佼者 |
Me, on the other hand ... i'm kind of screwed . |
而我呢 就有些惨了 |
on the other hand:另一方面; screwed:v.用螺丝固定;旋紧;拧紧;拧上去;(screw的过去分词和过去式)
|
This is, uh... |
这是 恩 |
Humiliating on so many levels. |
丢脸丢到家了 |
Humiliating:adj.让人出丑的;丢脸的;v.羞辱;使丧失尊严;(humiliate的现在分词)
|
You have to go. |
你赶快走吧 |
Why don't you come back here, and we'll pick up what we left off |
为何不回来 回味一下之前的缠绵 |
No, seriously. |
不 说真的 |
You have to go. I'm late. |
你快走吧 我要迟到了 |
Which isn't what you want to be on your first day |
我可不想第一天上班就迟到 |
So, uh, you actually live here. |
那 你真的住这里 |
No. |
不 |
Yes. kind of. |
但 某种程度上是的 |
It's nice. A little dusty , |
这里不错 挺灰的 |
dusty:adj.落满灰尘的;
|
Odd , but it's nice. |
很奇怪 但很好 |
Odd:adj.古怪的;奇数的;n.奇数;
|
So, how do you kind of live here? |
你算哪种程度上住这里呢 |
I moved two weeks ago from boston . |
我两周前从波士顿搬到这里 |
boston:n.波士顿(美国城市);
|
It was my mother's house. |
这曾是我母亲的房子 |
I'm selling it. - Oh, I'm sorry. |
我正想卖掉它 -哦 我很抱歉 |
For what? |
抱歉什么 |
You said "was." |
你说 曾经 |
Oh, my mother's not dead. |
哦 我妈妈没有去世 |
She's... You know what? We don't have to do the thing. |
她只是 我们不用这样 |
Oh, we can do anything you want. |
你想怎样都可以 |
Exchange the details, pretend we care. |
谈心事 假装关心的那种事情 |
Exchange:n.交换;交流;交易所;兑换;v.交换;交易;兑换;
|
I'm gonna go upstairs to take a shower, |
我要上楼去洗澡了 |
And when I get back down here, you won't be here, so, um... |
当我回来时你已经离开了 所以 |
Goodbye, um... |
再见 恩 |
Derek. - Derek. |
德里克 -德里克 |
Right. Meredith. - Meredith. |
好 梅瑞狄斯 -梅瑞狄斯 |
Nice meeting you. |
很高兴认识你 |
Bye, Derek. |
再见 德里克 |
Each of you comes here today hopeful, |
今天你们满怀希望地来到这里 |
Wanting in on the game. |
想参加这场竞赛 |
A month ago, |
一个月之前 |
You were in med school being taught by doctors. |
你们还在医学院里学习做医生 |
Today... |
而今天 |
...you are the doctors. |
你们就是医生 |
The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident |
在这就职住院外科医生的7年 |
surgical:adj.外科的;外科手术的; resident:adj.居住的;住院医师;定居的;n.居民;
|
Will be the best and worst of your life. |
也是你们一生中最好和最遭的7年 |
You will be pushed to the breaking point . |
你们会被推向崩溃的边缘 |
breaking point:n.极限;
|
Look around you. Say hello to your competition . |
看看周围 向竞争者打个招呼 |
competition:n.竞争;比赛,竞赛;
|
Eight of you will switch to an easier specialty . |
其中8位会转到更容易的专科 |
specialty:n.专业,专长;特产;特性;招牌菜;adj.特色的;专门的;独立的;
|
Five will crack under the pressure. |
5位会在压力下崩溃 |
crack:v.使破裂;打开;变声;n.裂缝;声变;噼啪声;adj.最好的;高明的;
|
Two of you will be asked to leave. |
2位会被劝退 |
This is your starting line. This is your arena . |
这里是你们的起跑线 你们的竞技场 |
arena:n.舞台;竞技场;
|
How well you play, |
你们将何去何从 |
That's up to you. |
都看你们的了 |
Like I said... |
就像我说的 |
... I'm screwed. |
我惨了 |
Ok, Martin, Robinson, Bond, Hawkins. |
马丁 罗宾森 邦德 霍金斯 |
Only six women out of 20. |
20人中只有6位是女的 |