|
|
Girls-都市女孩.衰姐们
|
Will you two slow down? |
你俩吃慢点 |
You're eating like they're going to take it away from you. |
又没人跟你们抢 |
I'm a growing girl. |
人家正在长身体 |
It's such a pleasure seeing you and... |
见到你真得很开心 而且... |
seeing how well work is going. |
看到你工作如此顺利 |
Work's going really well, yeah. |
工作确实很顺利 |
My boss said that he wants to see my book when it's done, which is really exciting. |
我们老板说等我完成后 他想看我写的书 把我激动坏了 |
Where are you at with that? |
你的创作进展如何 |
Oh, well, i've done four of the essays, and i'm just kind of polishing them up. |
已经写了4篇散文 正在不断修改润色 |
polishing:v.擦光;修改;润饰;润色;(polish的现在分词)
|
And my hope is that it's going to be nine. |
我的目标是9篇散文 |
But, you know, it's a memoir . so-- have to live them first. |
但因为是回忆录 所以...后5篇等经历了再回忆吧 |
memoir:n.回忆录;研究报告;自传;实录;
|
Ted, I don't want to just leave it till the end of dinner. |
泰德 我不想拖到晚餐结束后 才摊牌 |
I hear that. um... |
我明白 |
Hannah, your mother and I have been... |
汉娜 你妈妈和我最近一直在 |
talking, and we feel that it may be time-- how can I phrase this? |
讨论 我们觉得该是时候... 该怎么表述呢 |
Well, we see how well you're doing at work. |
你工作的出色我们有目共睹 |
And you really seem to be figuring out what it is that you want. |
看起来你也逐渐弄清 自己的人生追求 |
But it may be time for one final push. |
但或许是 最后推一把 的时候了 |
What is a "final push"? |
什么叫 最后推一把 |
We're not going to be supporting you any longer. |
我们不再承担你的生活费用了 |
You see, i wasn't going to phrase it like that, Loreen, |
我本不打算如此表述的 洛琳 |
the way you phrased it. - But I have no job. |
你这么说就太那啥了 -但我没工作呀 |
No, you have an internship that you say is going to turn into a job. |
但你说你有份有望转正的 实习工作 |
internship:n.实习生;(美)实习期;实习医师职位;
|
I don't know when. |
又不清楚得等到啥时候 |
You graduated from college two years ago. |
你大学毕业都2年多了 |
We've been supporting you for two years, and that's enough. |
我们承担了2年多的生活费 这差不多了 |
Do you know how crazy the economy is right now? |
你们知道现在经济环境有多糟糕吗 |
economy:n.经济;节约;理财;
|
I mean, all my friends get help from their parents. |
我身边的朋友都得到家里的支助 |
We are sympathetic to that. |
为此我们深表同情 |
sympathetic:adj.同情的;赞同的;和谐的;n.交感神经;容易感受的人;
|
But i'm your only child , it's not like i'm draining all your resources . |
但我是你们的独生女 又不是说你们的家当全花我身上了 |
only child:n.独生子(或女); draining:v.排空;(使)流光;放干;喝光;喝干;(drain的现在分词) resources:n.[计][环境]资源; v.向…提供资金(resource的第三人称单数);
|
I mean, this feels very arbitrary . |
这做法也太武断了 |
arbitrary:adj.[数]任意的;武断的;专制的;
|
You don't know anything about our finances. |
你完全不了解家里的财务状况 |
We're professors, Hannah. Professors. |
我们是教授 汉娜 教授而已 |
We can't keep bankrolling your groovy lifestyle. |
你洋气的生活方式不该一直由我们来买单 |
bankrolling:v.资助;提供资金给;(bankroll的现在分词) groovy:adj.槽的;绝妙的;时髦的;
|
My "groovy" lifestyle? |
我 洋气 的生活方式 |
The bills add up. we're covering your rent, your insurance , your cell phone. |
账单越叠越高 你的房租 保险 连电话费都是爹妈支付的 |
insurance:n.保险;保险业;保险费;保费;adj.胜券在握的;
|
You said it was cheaper for you if i was on the Family Plan. |
是你说 俺们E家 套餐可以减少3个人的话费 |
Yeah. |
确实 |
May i get you more of anything? |
还需要点些小食吗 |
No, she's fine. |
不 她吃饱了 |
Delicious. - Yeah. |
味道很好 -是啊 |
This is nuts. |
这太疯狂了 |
Ted, can you help me here? |
泰德 帮我说说 |
I could be a drug addict . do you realize how lucky you are? |
我本可走上瘾君子的道路 你们知道自己有多幸运吗 |
addict:n.有瘾的人;入迷的人;v.使沉溺;使上瘾;
|
I mean, it doesn't have to be heroin , it could be something more insidious , like pills . |
不一定是海洛因 我可以染上更棘手的东西 比如药物依赖 |
heroin:n.[药][毒物]海洛因,吗啡; insidious:adj.阴险的;隐伏的;暗中为害的;狡猾的; pills:n.药丸; v.起球; (pill的第三人称单数和复数)
|
Which are legal , and which a lot of kids do, all the time. |
那可是合法的 好多小孩都染上了 很难戒掉 |
legal:adj.法律的;合法的;法定的;
|