|
|
Fresh.Off.The.Boat-初来乍到
|
Mom, check it. Fresh as hell, right? |
妈 瞧瞧 酷毙了 对吧 |
Eddie, don't say "Hell." |
埃迪 不准说 毙 |
He also said " Butthole " In the car. |
他刚在车上还说了 屁眼子 |
Butthole:n.屁眼;
|
Shut up, Evan, you little Chinese narc ! |
闭嘴 埃文 你个中国小奸细 |
narc:n.缉查毒品的刑警(等于nark);
|
Isn't that necklace heavy? |
那个项链不重吗 |
necklace:n.项链;
|
Life's heavy, son. |
生活本身就很沉重 孩子 |
Please, mom, can I get this? |
求你了 妈 能给我买这身吗 |
How much? |
多少钱 |
Too much. |
太贵了 |
Moms thought everything was too much. |
我妈什么都觉得贵 |
She never understood that you couldn't haggle at jcpenney. |
她从来不懂杰西潘尼连锁店里是不能还价的 |
haggle:n.讨价还价;争论;vt.乱劈;乱砍;vi.争论;乱劈;
|
It's like, "Those are set prices, mom." |
我想说 那些都是定好的一口价 妈 |
That's me, your boy Eddie Huang in the headphones . |
那个戴着耳机的小男孩就是我 埃迪.黄 |
headphones:n.[电讯]耳机;听筒;[电子]头戴式受话器;(headphone的复数)
|
My family was moving from Washington, D.C., to Orlando, Florida. |
我们一家人正从华盛顿特区 搬到佛罗里达州的奥兰多 |
I was 11 years old, and it was 1995. |
我当时11岁 那是1995年 |
This is the story of my family, an American family, the Huangs. |
这是我们家的故事 一个美国家庭 黄氏一家 |
That's my dad. |
那是我爸 |
He loved everything about America. |
他爱美国的一切 |
Full-on bought into the American dream . |
对美国梦深信不疑 |
Full-on:adj.最典型的;最强烈的; American dream:n.美国梦(美国人传统的价值观和社会标准,如民主、权利平等和财富);
|
Moms was always hard on me way before all that "Tiger mom" stuff . |
我妈向来对我很严厉 比现在常提的什么 虎妈 还要厉害得多 |
stuff:n.东西:物品:基本特征:v.填满:装满:标本:
|
She thought I was trying to cause trouble wearing that nas shirt, but she didn't understand. |
她觉得我穿着那种纳斯T恤是想惹事 但是她根本不明白 |
If you were an outsider , hip-hop was your anthem . |
如果你是个圈外人 嘻哈乐就是你的圣歌 |
outsider:n.外人;无取胜希望者; hip-hop:n.街舞,即兴音乐;嘻哈; anthem:n.赞美诗;圣歌;v.唱圣歌庆祝;唱赞歌;
|
And I was definitely the black sheep in my family. |
我绝对是我们家的 败家子 |
definitely:adv.清楚地,当然;明确地,肯定地; black sheep:败家子;害群之马;
|
These other people are Emery , Evan, and grandma. Whatever. |
其他家庭成员有埃莫瑞 埃文和奶奶 随便啦 |
Emery:n.金刚砂;[矿物]刚玉砂;
|
Was I excited about the move? No. |
我对搬家感到激动吗 当然不 |
Did anyone ask me if I was excited? |
有人问过我是否激动吗 |
Hell, no. |
当然没有 |
But it's hard getting respect when you're 11. |
但一个11岁孩子的意见 是很难被尊重的 |
*I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes.* |
*我看到了神迹 让我眼界大开* |
*I saw the sign* |
*我看到了神迹* |
Dad! Turn off the music! |
爸 关掉音乐 |
Eddie, I know you're not excited to leave D.C., but you're gonna love Orlando. |
埃迪 我知道你不高兴离开华盛顿 但你肯定会爱上奥兰多的 |
I've been there for six months setting up the restaurant, and I've grown to love it like the daughter we wished Evan had been. |
我在那里待了6个月 把餐厅先开起来 我慢慢开始喜欢这地方了 就像我们曾经希望埃文是个女孩 好好爱她那样 |
I don't know why we have to move. |
我真不明白我们为什么要搬家 |
Why couldn't you keep on going back and forth between Orlando and D.C.? |
你为何不一个人 在奥兰多和华盛顿间往返兼顾呢 |
back and forth:前后移动的,来回的,反复的;
|
Because I didn't come to America to work for your mom's brother selling furniture for the rest of my life. |
因为我来到美国可不是为了 给你妈妈的姐夫打工 帮他卖一辈子家具 |
furniture:n.家具;设备;储藏物;
|
Your father is right. |
你爸说的对 |
This is why we left Chinatown in D.C. |
我们就是因此才离开华盛顿的唐人街的 |
Chinatown:n.唐人街,中国城;
|
This is why we left our family and friends. |
也是我们抛下家人和朋友的原因 |
Exactly. |
对极了 |
This is why we left everything we know to come to a place where we know nothing and where the humidity is not good for my hair. |
我们就是因此才抛下熟悉的一切 到了一个我们一无所知的地方 并且这里的湿度还不利于我的头发 |
humidity:n.[气象]湿度;湿气;
|
Right, okay. - And for what? |
好吧 好吧 –为了什么呢 |
So your father can own a cowboy restaurant. |
就为了让你爸可以当个牛仔餐厅的老板 |