|
|
Forrest.Gump.1994-阿甘正传
|
Hello. My name's Forrest ... Forrest Gump . |
你好,我叫弗勒斯,姓甘 |
Gump:n.傻瓜,笨蛋;
|
Do you want a chocolate? |
要吃巧克力吗? |
I could eat about a million and a half of these. |
这玩意 我可以吃掉150万粒 |
My mama always said: "Life was like a box of chocolates." |
我妈常说 “人生就像一盒巧克力” |
'" You never know what you're going to get." |
“你永远不知道会吃到什么口味” |
You never know:(非正式)很难说,不可预知;
|
Those must be comfortable shoes. |
穿那双鞋一定很舒服 |
I bet you could walk all day in shoes like that and not feel a thing. |
尽管你走一整天也不会痛 |
bet:n.打赌;赌注;预计;估计;v.下赌注(于);用…打赌;敢说;八成儿;
|
I wish I had shoes like that. |
真希望我也有一双 |
My feet hurt. |
我的脚痛 |
Mama always said there's an awful lot you can tell about a person by their shoes. |
我妈常说 从鞋子看人,可以看出很多事 |
Where they're going, where they've been. |
知道他们要上哪去 去过哪里 |
I've worn lots of shoes. |
我穿烂过许多鞋 |
I bet if I think about it real hard |
我若是拼命地想 |
I could remember my first pair of shoes. |
也能想起我的第一双鞋 |
first pair:第一双打;
|
Mama said they'd take me anywhere. |
我妈说 那双鞋会带我走遍天下 |
She said they was my magic shoes. |
她说 那是我的“宝鞋” |
All right, Forrest, open your eyes now. |
好,弗勒斯 可以睁开眼睛了 |
Let's take a little walk around. |
我们来走走看 |
How do those feel? |
感觉怎么样? |
His legs are strong, Mrs. Gump, as strong as I've ever seen. |
甘太太,他这双腿很强健 没见过这么有力的腿 |
But his back's as crooked as a politician . |
但是他的背跟政客一样歪曲 |
crooked:adj.扭曲的;弯曲的;不直的;v.(手指或手臂)弯曲;(crook的过去分词和过去式) politician:n.政治家;(蔑)政客;(美)政治贩;
|
But we're going to straighten him right up, aren't we, Forrest? |
不过我们会矫正 是吗,弗勒斯? |
straighten:v.整顿;使…改正;好转;
|
Forrest! |
弗勒斯 |
Now, when I was a baby, |
我还是婴儿时 |
Mama named me after the great Civil War hero, |
我妈用南北战争英雄… |
Civil:adj.公民的;民间的;文职的;有礼貌的;根据民法的;
|
General Nathan Bedford Forrest. |
弗勒斯将军的姓氏 给我起名字 |
She said we was related to him in some way. |
她说 我们有点亲戚关系 |
What he did was, he started up this club called the Ku Klux Klan . |
他创立了所谓的三K党 |
Ku Klux Klan:n.三K党(美国南部的白人秘密组织,通过暴力反对社会变革和为黑人争取平等权利);
|
They'd all dress up in their robes and their bedsheets and act like a bunch of ghosts or spooks or something. |
他们都穿白袍 披上床单 看起来像幽灵鬼魅 |
robes:n.长袍;礼服;v.(使)穿上长袍,礼服等(robe的第三人称单数); bedsheets:n.床单; a bunch of:一群;一束;一堆; ghosts:n.鬼魂;幽灵;一点点;v.无声地行进(ghost的第三人称单数和复数) spooks:n.幽灵(spook的复数形式);
|
They'd even put bedsheets on their horses and ride around. |
甚至给坐骑披上白床单 |
And, anyway, that's how I got my name ... Forrest Gump. |
总之 “弗勒斯”就是这样来的 |
Mama said that the Forrest part was to remind me that sometimes we all do things that, well, just don't make no sense. |
我妈说 叫我弗勒斯是要提醒我 有时候 人都会做些没道理的事 |
remind:v.提醒;使想起;
|
Just wait, let me get it. |
等一下,我来弄 |
Let me get it. |
让我来 |
Wait, get it this way. Hold on. |
等一下,要这样子,抓紧… |
All right. |
好了! |
What are y'all staring at? |
你们看什么看? |
staring:adj.凝视的,目不转睛的;显眼的;v.凝视;盯着看;显眼;(stare的现在分词)
|
Haven't you ever seen a little boy with braces on his legs before? |
没见过男孩戴腿箍吗? |
braces:n.背带;吊带(brace的复数);
|
Don't ever let anybody tell you they're better than you, Forrest. |
弗勒斯 别让人家说他比你强 |
If God intended everybody to be the same, he'd have given us all braces on our legs. |
如果上帝的旨意要人人平等 他会给我们所有人腿箍 |
intended:adj.预定的;计划的;v.打算;计划;想要;(intend的过去分词和过去式)
|
Mama always had a way of explaining things so I could understand them. |
妈总是有办法把事情解释得让我清楚明白 |
We lived about a quarter mile off Route 17, about a half mile from the town of Greenbow, Alabama . |
我们家离17号公路约四分一英哩 离阿拉巴马州格林鲍镇半哩路 |
Route:n.路线;路途;固定线路;途径;v.按某路线发送; Alabama:n.阿拉巴马州(美国州名);
|
That's in the county of Greenbow. |
就是格林鲍县 |
county:n.郡,县;
|
Our house had been in Mama's family since her grandpa's grandpa's grandpa had come across the ocean about a thousand years ago. |
打从我妈祖父的祖父的祖父 一千年前飘洋来定居 |
come across:偶然遇见;给人以…的印象;
|
Sounds like that. |
好像是这样 |
Since it was just me and Mama and we had all these empty rooms, |
大宅里只有妈和我 空房子很多 |
Mama decided to let those rooms out, mostly to people passing through, like from, oh, Mobile , Montgomery, places like that. |
妈决定把空房子出租 多半租给过路客 譬如来自莫比尔、蒙哥马利镇之类的人 |
Mobile:n.手机;汽车;移动电话;adj.活跃的;可动的;
|